Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS (64529 Views)

Country Imports Waste From Neighbors To Fuel Waste-to-energy Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
I am very surprised to hear about the gas crisis. My friend was just telling me that there was scarcity of gas alongside the fuel scarcity that almost paralysed our economy. You guys wont blame me for not being up to date with the gas situation as its been long i refilled my gas cylinder. I now use Biogas to cook at home, Biogas is gotten from the decomposition of my food leftovers. I am also happy to tell you all that the rate at which Lawma visits my compound has reduced as a sizable portion of my wastes is being recycled to gas. I have also designed a couple of Domestic biogas digesters for my neighbors and they wont stop thanking me. Biogas has all the attributes of LPG gas, only that one is way cheaper than the other. My dream is to make it start running on cars here in Nigeria so we all can be our own government.

99 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by aphildam(m): 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
The chronicle of freedom.........

"Together we travelled on the voyage to seek the island of comfort....then came we 2gth and chose men to lead...
In the middle of us voyage, then knew we the highmindedness and haughty of the human spirit....they who we chose to lead took us men as slave...."we be equals,we be freeborn...cried we all days...weep we all night" but they made themselves gods to the we among,the sinple they deceived and loot ye our purse,their belly they made fat, their fart they delight us with....Until the veil be removed realize we that our freedom depends on the actions we decide.....
unveil me ye ,cried us to our fellow, when the veil be removed realized we that in unity and oneness brake we able the chain of bondage......
we took the monster among us and crucified ye him( self gratification hail men him) and installed as chief selflessness"

Africa o arise

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by lavatoz(f): 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
Op, not many Nigerians are creative. Some students at secondary school even used plantain peels to decompose. The gas given off was used to prepare their indomie cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
Generalkorex:

op I would like to learn this. I Also notice only industrial regulator here.
Can it be used to table tops and standard gas cookers.
Do you use cylinder and or regulator

Biogas has its own special stove, but a standard gas cooker can also be modified to work with Biogas.. I have compressed biogas in cylinders but the one im using in the picture above is straight from the Biogas digester. Thanks

You can follow on twitter @jobayeenv, iinstagram @jobayeenv... we will be using this medium to share more exclusive info on biogas

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Generalkorex(m): 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jobaye1:

Biogas has its own special stove, but a standard gas cooker can also be modified to work with Biogas.. I have compressed biogas in cylinders but the one im using in the picture above is straight from the Biogas digester. Thanks
how do I learn this frm u sir?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
Generalkorex:

how do I learn this frm u sir?

My office is here in Lagos, i can put you through whenever you are ready

Follow us on twitter @jobayeenv for more exclusive biogas info

3 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Generalkorex(m): 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
Jobaye1:

sharp***@gmail.com is my email sir
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by stan4guy6(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
you are my role model

3 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
stan4guy6:
you are my role model

I don't deserve that honor

14 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by stan4guy6(m): 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jobaye1:

why
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2015
stan4guy6:
why

I'm down to earth.lol

1 Like

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by stan4guy6(m): 12:20am On Jun 24, 2015
Jobaye1:

I'm down to earth.lol
how I don't get you

1 Like

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2015
stan4guy6:
how I don't get you

You called me your role model
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by forceofnature: 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Shame on Allison and her goonettes

3 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2015
Jobaye1:

Lol
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Sportunes: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
forceofnature:
Shame on Allison and her goonettes

Lol
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Randito(m): 3:18am On Jun 30, 2015
Op. Thanks for the info. This is my mail. Jonahrandy@gmail.com. So we discuss
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by chucky234(m): 7:26am On Jun 30, 2015
Jobaye1:

What is the cost of buying BIOGAS in a 12.5kg cylinder?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Sportunes: 8:19am On Jun 30, 2015
chucky234:

I doubt if it can be compressed into cylinders

1 Like

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:25am On Jun 30, 2015
Randito:
Op. Thanks for the info. This is my mail. Jonahrandy@gmail.com. So we discuss

Ok sir! You will hear from me soon
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2015
chucky234:

The price hasn't been structured yet, intensive research is still going on in that area.i have successfully compressed the gas, what im currently working on is the liquefaction of the gas.

1 Like

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:34am On Jun 30, 2015
Sportunes:

I doubt if it can be compressed into cylinders

If you are doubting, you are very wrong.lol compression is so last year! if not for the challenges of liquefaction, the thing should be in the market now

2 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Sportunes: 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jobaye1:

If you are doubting, you are very wrong.lol compression is so last year! if not for the challenges of liquefaction, the thing should be in the market now

What challenges pls?

1 Like

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 9:20am On Jul 01, 2015
Sportunes:

What challenges pls?

Only NLNG liquefies gas in Nigeria, that shd be enough proof for its difficulty.
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Sportunes: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
Jobaye1:

Only NLNG liquefies gas in Nigeria, that shd be enough proof for its difficulty.

woow, why is that so?
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2015
Sportunes:

woow, why is that so?

You need sub zero temoerature to liquefy natural gas, Biogas even involves a much more negative temperature.. so its not that easy to attain these degrees in Nigeria
Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Sportunes: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
Jobaye1:

You need sub zero temoerature to liquefy natural gas, Biogas even involves a much more negative temperature.. so its not that easy to attain these degrees in Nigeria

Ehn put it inside freezer na.. Abi?

8 Likes

Re: Byebye To Fuel Scarcity... Welcome BIOGAS by Jobaye1: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sportunes:

Ehn put it inside freezer na.. Abi?

Lool

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Big Whale At Bar Beach In Lagos, Nigeria (Throwback Video, Photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / First Ever All-White Albino Shark Caught Off UK Coast (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.