Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

The Dawn Of The New Era Of Change Has Evolved At Last! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dawn Of The New Era Of Change Has Evolved At Last! (617 Views)

Era Of Free, Easy Money Is Gone For Good – Buhari / How Rotimi Amaechi Convinced Buhari To Wear A Suit During The Campaign Era / The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dawn Of The New Era Of Change Has Evolved At Last! by z07ion: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2015
The soul, spirit and heart of Nigeria hearkened to the voice of Muhammadu Buhari, as he pledged his inaugural speech to perform creditably and fulfil the citizens’ higher hopes and aspirations for better dividends of democracy through proactive and diligent governance!

The Hosts of Heaven bore witness to the mission statement of this outstanding and highly revered astute and disciplined military statesman, who did not mince words with regards to his sincerity of purpose and determination to cleanse the Augean Stable left behind by previous administrations and give a new lease of worthy life to an over abused citizenry!

*Eagle Square, Abuja, Nigeria, the surrounding Secretariat Buildings and the lone statue of the cenotaph soldier watched in awe, ceremonies which led to the very first kind of change of guards from a ruling party in Nigeria to an opposition party which was given very poor ratings during electioneering campaigns!

President Buhari declared that he would not yield himself to anyone’s whims and caprice and would also not witch-hunt anybody, but would face the job of purging Nigeria of endemic corruption and past maladministration in the Power, Energy, Oil and Gas and the moribund Textile Industries Sectors.

We believe that our new President, with the benefit of hind sight, (remember he was in the saddle as Military Head of State, 1983-1985), patriotic support of Nigerians and divine guidance in wisdom and understanding, all tasks and challenges of his arduous commission would be surmountable in no time!

To quickly implement all of the above revolutionary ideas, especially on insecurity, without delay, Mr. President has ordered the relocation of the Military Central Command with immediate effect, from Abuja to Maiduguri, Bornu State to tackle head-long, the terrorism war of over five years through Boko Haram insurgency which has nearly crippled Nigeria’s dwindling economy! The Command would remain in Bornu State until terrorism is completely wiped out and all perpetrators are brought to justice!

Just as no human being can prevent the flaming red-hot Solar Super-Ball from undertaking its daily terrestrial chores of illuminating and invigorating the earth to give it life, so we believe that it will be impossible for any remnant cabal of the former government, to stop the brand new United States of Nigeria’s Management Team, under the watchful eyes of God, from totally annihilating corruption and executing its master plan of economic empowerment, transformation and emancipation agenda, according to divine purposive Will, in spite of the colossal $63billion national debt incurred by past administrations!

*Has the LORD not said?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways;

“For as the heavens are higher that the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

“For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,

“So shall My word be that goes forth out of my mouth; shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please [and] purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

“For you shall go out from [the spiritual exile caused by sin and evil into the homeland] with joy and be led forth [by your leader, the Lord Himself, and His word] with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all trees of the field shall clap their hands.

“Instead of the thorn shall come forth cypress tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; and it shall be to the Lord for a name of renown, for an everlasting sign [of jubilant exaltation] [and] memorial [to His praise], which shall not be cut off.” (Isaiah.55:8-13 Amplified Bible).

The LORD has spoken that He would rescue Nigeria in the year 2015 from satanic bondage to prove all false prophets wrong and also to shame the boasters who had told the world that they would rule Nigeria for at least 60 years without interruption!

But in spite of the boasters’ shameful defeat by All Progressives Congress (APC), at the pools, they have remained unrepentant and have not acknowledged the supernatural power and sovereignty of God over all His creation so that they can incur His wrath and be totally consumed in their pride and disillusionment!

Even before President Buhari took the oath of office on Friday, the 29th May, 2015, premonitions as to how the APC’s new cabinet would fulfil its masses-oriented manifestoes and meet the yearning expectations of miracles by most Nigerians, filled the political terrain in view of the very bad state of the economy of heavy domestic and foreign debt profile being handed over to his brand new administration!

We believe that those filled with negative ideas in respect of manifestoes fulfilment are the same one and only clueless politicians who were still stupefied with APC’s defeat of their party because at no time were they prepared for governance but have only displayed a 16-year process of political grandstanding on print and electronic media propaganda, while in reality, were actually embedded in corruption, avarice and sleaze with impunity!

In a muddled analysis in respect of huge debt left behind by the out gone administration, their spokespersons at different forums admitted the figure of the debt portfolio but claimed that the Federal Government only stood as guarantors for the 36 States, which incurred most of the debts in question.

However the following facts have emerged that this past central government had a penchant for accumulating foreign debts for wrong reasons!

Failed Presidents of the past 16 years championed the culture of domestic and foreign borrowing at ridiculously high interest rates of 15 per cent without considering the fact that they would finance both the Capital and Expenditure at the same exorbitant interest rates and in addition still service the loans!

Costs of servicing loans had remained a major challenge which always gave rise to higher debt profile which had defied all manner of repayment logics.

The loans plus interests maintained steady graph while servicing fees had to be paid promptly on monthly basis to avoid further sanctions and penalties according to terms and conditions of agreement!

Domestic debts before 29th May, 2015, stood at N5.9 trillion while foreign debt was three per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), which translates to about $6.67billion

Financial experts criticised the last Administration in respect of the following loans which were acquired as they wound up:

They requested for $3.702billion (about N555billion) external loan for the construction of Railway project and other facilities of which the Senate approved, $1.54billion (i.e.N231billion) and financial watchers said, the rate at which that government took loans would definitely take the country to the debt trap of the 1980s!This approved amount, according to them, included $1.52million from the Import/Export Bank of China, for the Abuja-Kaduna rail line and national security; it also included $315million and $170million for Public Private Partnership (PPP), for national electricity and gas improvement projects!

Another external loan of $1.5billion (i.e.N225 billion) was still being pursued “for the construction of railway projects in Lagos and Abuja, and the Abuja Light Rail Project,” before the announcement of election results which removed them from power!

The import of all of the above is that the erstwhile Federal Government was addicted to external borrowing to prove to probing eyes and economic watchers that Internally Generated Revenues [IGRs], were always inadequate when it had never produced audited reports of the petroleum mono product which accounts for about 98per cent of Nigeria’s annual budget!

Domestic or external debts can be incurred when IGRs are inadequate to finance increase in government’s expenditure or to finance investments for economic growth of which the past administration has nothing to show the world because of its fiscal imprudence!

We totally agree with the analyst who said that the effect of external borrowing tantamount to loss of economic activities which can be seen in terms of under utilization of the nations resources; that the Federal Government should look inward in creating more revenues by harnessing the non-oil sector which had been neglected for long and that unemployment would be on the increase since money borrowed were not effectively used for infrastructure- building that could have attracted investors willing to create jobs. The Era of Change!

“I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody…; No settlement of old scores…; The past is prologue……; We have met on ground, pervasive corruption and insecurity which we shall address headlong…….; I thank our millions of supporters who voted, and waited even through the night to ensure their votes were counted……; We shall not disappoint them but will deliver according to our manifesto….; I thank our neighbouring governments of Cameroun, Niger and Chad for lending us their troops to fight Boko Haram and promised to fight and defeat the insurgents and thereafter probe their activities and those of their sponsors…; I assure the international community of Nigeria’s readiness to cooperate and help to combat threats of cross-border terrorism, sea piracy, refugees, and boat people, financial crime, cyber crime, climate change, the spread of communicable diseases, and other challenges of the 21st Century…..; these are few of the CHANGE PRESIDENT’s Words on Marble at the Eagle Square, Abuja, on 29th, May, 2015.

He lamented that though our founding fathers left impeccable legacy of sound economic management templates, some of their successors have behaved like prodigal spoilt children in governance!

President Buhari in his inaugural speech also expressed surprise that successive administrations since 1999, could only generate less than 2000 megawatts of electric power to over 170million Nigerians who have to depend on generating sets for domestic, business and industrial activities!

The economic scenario in which the new administration of President Buhari is inter-twined is that of a rising external debt profile which if not quickly addressed would become cumulative to the extent of creating the ugly experience of debt servicing while actual loan plus interest remain unpaid!

While we await godly appointed professionals, bureaucrats, technocrats, technologists, engineers craftsmen/women and economic experts to emerge from the new cabinet of ministers and special advisers, we call on Nigerians especially those who are patriotic to appreciate the enormous challenge ahead and to close ranks with the new administration and collectively put all hands on deck by allowing the rule of law to operate flawlessly and allow good governance to prevail.

“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.” (Proverbs.14:34).

President Buhari and the APC are the divine panacea for peace, tranquillity, economic prosperity, and a violence-free nation through good governance and because we are convinced that they are the long-awaited answer to our collective national prayers and supplications, we should give them the enabling and conducive environment to work by being law-abiding citizens!

The much expected CHANGE from sorrow to joy, pain and grief to relief and happiness, tears to laughter, lack to abundance, poverty to riches, decrease to increase, and minimum to maximum opportunities for a better life for the

great Nigerians who have sacrificed their blood and sweat, must begin to happen NOW, TODAY, TOMORROW and FOREVER! Amen.

As we welcome the new President and his management team on board the Nigerian murky political turf, we must remind them that to whom much is given, much is expected; and also to WARN THEM THAT WE OF THIS EDITORIAL BOARD WILL BREATHE DOWN HEAVILY UPON THEIR NECKS BECAUSE THE ONLY OPTION OPEN TO THEM IS TO DELIVER DIVIDENDS OF DEMOCRACY TO THE PEOPLE AND IN GOOD TIME TOO!

APC’s leadership must be ready to expel all “black legs and fifth columnists” whose ideologies would not be in consonance with the Party’s manifesto of prudence and total departure of impunity in governance, without delay!

OUR INEXTINGUISHABLE SEARCH LIGHT WAS SWITCHED ON AT THE EAGLE SQUARE TO MONITOR ALL ACTIVITIES OF BUHARI AND THE APC FROM DAY ONE, AND WE SHALL REGULARLY REPORT BACK TO THE MASSES AND TO GOD OF THEIR PERFORMANCES!

Domestic or External debts would not be acceptable as excuses for poor performances or failure to fulfil election promises! This young and energetic ex- soldier and his team must hit the ground running! The love of the LORD is their enabling strength because they can achieve all things through the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. Muhammadu Buhari is divine choice; he is God’s anointed! SHIKE NA! (Meaning end of discussion). by Dr David Olufon. (dvdolufon@gmail.com).

+zionfaithbiblebelievingchurch . I am, Yours sincerely,Dr. David B.A. Olufon, Resident Pastor and Editor.08130669886, 08098194390.g-mail- dvdolufon@gmail.com .]
Re: The Dawn Of The New Era Of Change Has Evolved At Last! by pinkiberry(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
change change and change. I can't wait to see this change for real.

1 Like

Re: The Dawn Of The New Era Of Change Has Evolved At Last! by lollystiver(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
@OP you hv really said well this man will work and he is working, to me i belive boko haram will soon pass away embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Dawn Of The New Era Of Change Has Evolved At Last! by lollystiver(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2015
even if this post make fronte page some people will still hate grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Is Deputy Speaker Of The House Of Representatives? / Tinubu’s Wife Snubs Saraki, Lawan Takes Oath Of Office / Amb Prof Iyorwuese Hagher Supports The Governorship Tribunal Case In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.