Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (13145 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Nigeria’s Arinze Favoured As Pope Benedict XVI Resigns / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2006
kq:

because muslims are at the forefront of wars every where now adays does not mean Islam is about violence saying that is just like saying the catholics of Nothern Ireland fighting for independence from the UK mmakes christianity a violent religion;
I cant remember the Catholics of Northern Ireland proclaiming doom for ALL the west, threatening to conquer Rome and cutting off the necks and toes of "worshippers of the cross" until Catholicism was the primary religion in the whole world in their fight for independence!

kq:

one fact people are missing is that you have not really looked at Islam as a religion but are only looking at muslims who are the followers of the religion; please do not use the followers of Islam to judge Islam because what people do not understand is the fact the followers are different people from many races who have many temperaments and way of life before becoming muslims.

Pray! And by what yardstick do we judge Islam if not by its adherents? So we are to assume Islam is peace even when its adherents have made the whole world less safe?
And pray! How do muslims judge christians? If we are to apply your twisted logic, is it not wise that christendom should not be judged on the mere statement of just one of its adherents, the pope? Why are the "worshippers of the cross" now under threat? why have churches been burnt, a day of "anger" declared and a 70-yr old nun killed simply by the statement of one man?

kq:

besides i suuport the person who said that the popes comments were uncalled for, what was the need to say that did any of the terrorists? ever say convert to Islam or die :( many of them claim they want Palestine liberated from Isreal so where does forceful conversion come in; Please lets be fair before saying anything

You apparently have not heard Al-qaeda's recent threat for All Americans to convert to Islam or be killed. Where were you when Olaf Wigg and the other Fox journalist where kidnapped and forced to convert to Islam at gun point?
Are we really sure the terrorists are interested in "liberating" palestine or conquering Rome and the whole of the west?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2006
Afam:

What do they commonly cite as their excuses for attacks against the West? Palestine, occupation of arab lands by infidels according to them, Lebanon etc or generally middle east wahala.

Now, are these complaints real? Do we really have problems in this regions that can be tackled or solved? If yes, why not solve the problems now so we can take away the excuses that groups like Al qaeda readily use to launch attacks?

True, many may and will probably hide under injustices and use religion to wag wars against a people based on hatred. Put differently, the injustices (believe me, some are so real) now provides the catalyst for those that may harbour hatred to fight.

It is easy to cite "injustice" as excuses for attacks against the west but how true is this? Are these really altruistic motives? The recent threat from al-qaeda to conquer Rome and hoist the flag of Islam over Europe is clear sign that the fight is not really about Palestine, injustice or US policy but about a crusade to conquer the world for Islam.
Why is France under threat? What excuse have the terrorists to attack Rome, Italy, Germany and other European nations? Was India a participant in the palestinian injustice? What about Java and Spain? Did they also partake in bombing Lebanon?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2006
@Afam
if it is about Palestine how come India a non ally of the U.S or Israel is a target for terrorist attacks?

Or France who never support U.S
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by twinstaiye(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2006
That is the result of oppression, and i guess some people will not notice that. Muslims will always react to the likes of Pope's outburst so long as they are being oppressed. The superpowers nations of this world are not Islamic countries, and if there is no Islamic country amongst them, there is no way that they will not be oppressed. Take a look at problems in Middle east, what does the muslim have to fight back, except of course to throw stones or by ending their lives as a weapon. Muslim needs to react anyhow they deem fit, or else, the religion we hold dear will vanish one day by those who hold super powers in this world. I guess such reactions some people claimed to be too violent are the only weapons muslim have now. Take the issue of Iraq as an example, Bush claimed Saddam has WMD, he said he did not have, did they believe him? No. They said he has a link with Al-Qaeda, he said No, did they believe him? No. Now that he is overthrown and rid of his presidency, and invaded his country and sack his government, they now said He has no link with Al-Qaeda and neither does he possess WMD. So tell me, is that oppression or not? Is that terrorism or not? Truth is the superpowers who are majorly christians are the one causing all this muslim reactions. Iraq are killing themselves daily, but because they are not a brethren of the superpowers, nobody cares, but if it were to be a single superpowers citizens that died, hell will break lose. Less anybody mis quote me, or misjudge my write-up, I dont support muslim violent reactions, but the truth is I am sick and tired of the superpowers double standards too. Needs to be addressed first before blaming the muslims.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2006
twinstaiye:

That is the result of oppression, and i guess some people will not notice that. Muslims will always react to the likes of Pope's outburst so long as they are being oppressed. The superpowers nations of this world are not Islamic countries, and if there is no Islamic country amongst them, there is no way that they will not be oppressed. Take a look at problems in Middle east, what does the muslim have to fight back, except of course to throw stones or by ending their lives as a weapon. Muslim needs to react anyhow they deem fit, or else, the religion we hold dear will vanish one day by those who hold super powers in this world. I guess such reactions some people claimed to be too violent are the only weapons muslim have now. Take the issue of Iraq as an example, Bush claimed Saddam has WMD, he said he did not have, did they believe him? No. They said he has a link with Al-Qaeda, he said No, did they believe him? No. Now that he is overthrown and rid of his presidency, and invaded his country and sack his government, they now said He has no link with Al-Qaeda and neither does he possess WMD. So tell me, is that oppression or not? Is that terrorism or not? Truth is the superpowers who are majorly christians are the one causing all this muslim reactions.
Please read my above post about muslim "oppression". Who is oppressing Northern Nigerian muslims? The super powers too? When did Spain, Italy, Germany and France "oppress" the muslims? Why are they also being bombed?

twinstaiye:

Iraq are killing themselves daily, but because they are not a brethren of the superpowers, nobody cares, but if it were to be a single superpowers citizens that died, hell will break lose. Less anybody mis quote me, or misjudge my write-up, I don't support muslim violent reactions, but the truth is I am sick and tired of the superpowers double standards too. Needs to be addressed first before blaming the muslims.
since when did it become the duty of the super powers to be concerned for the welfare of Iraqi citizens? If shiites and Sunnis believe the best way to resolve their sectarian conflict is by killing each other, is that the concern of Nigeria or Germany?

Where were u when 3000 innocent Americans died on sept 11? Or do the citizens of super powers not deserve concern too?
So Darfur, Somalia and co are the faults of the super powers too?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2006
Twinstaiye
And their reaction would be to target christians in Northern Nigeria who probably do not hear or support the popes speech
Southern Darfur xtian murdered in their thousands
Blow up Hindu trains in India, Pull down and kill traditional religion worshippers in Offa Kwara state
which of these category of people is related to the superpower oppresing the Moslems or is it a case of Mistakened Identity?

Probably the superpowers instigated the killing of Kurds in Iraq in the 80's too?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Afam(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2006
Without the illegal invasion of Iraq based on lies by Bush and co, Iraq would have been a totally different place, a country that never experienced a single suicide attack suddenly became a haven for suicide bombings.

But again, it is convenient for some to talk about Sunnis fighting Shiites instead of the criminal invasion of a sovereign nation based on a pack of lies.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2006
The invasion of Iraq caused the gassing of Kurds in the 80's and the invasion of Kuwait probably
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2006
and the Sept. 22, 1980 Iraqi land and air invasion of western Iran was as a result of US invasion of Iraq!
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2006
Today an internet statement by the Mujahideen Shura Council, an umbrella group led by Iraq’s branch of al Qaeda, threatened reprisals against "worshippers of the cross" for the Pope's remarks.

"We shall break the cross and spill the wine. , (you will have no choice but) Islam or death," said the statement, citing a hadith (saying of the Prophet Mohammed) promising Muslims that they would "conquer Rome, as they conquered Constantinople".

"We tell the worshipper of the cross (the Pope) that you and the West will be defeated, as is the case in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya. God enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the Mujahideen

religion of piss "peace I mean indeed
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Afam(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2006
@Davidylan & Dayokanu,

Common sense is enough to show that the illegal invasion of Iraq was in the 21st century while the gassing of the Kurds and land and air invasion of Iran took place in the 20th century.

However, the 2 statements will bring to the fore the double standards and hypocrisy of the US.

1. US fully backed Iraq in the attack on Iran and supported Iraq for the 8 years of war between the 2 countries.

2. US never condemned the gassing of the Kurds and infact a serving minister in the present Iraqi government was in Washington to protest the atrocity by Saddam only to be told that Washington has a very good relationship with Saddam and would not want to spoil that.

Thanks a lot for bringing up 2 serious issues that made the US to display its double standards and hypocrisy.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2006
Afam:

However, the 2 statements will bring to the fore the double standards and hypocrisy of the US.

1. US fully backed Iraq in the attack on Iran and supported Iraq for the 8 years of war between the 2 countries.

Once again, in your haste to accuse the US of war crimes, you have chosen to stand history on its head! The US backed IRAN while the Soviets backed IRAQ!

Pls read this:
The war appeared to be entering a new phase in which the superpowers were becoming more involved. For instance, the Soviet Union, which had ended military supplies to both Iran and Iraq in 1980, resumed large-scale arms shipments to Iraq in 1982 after Iran banned the Tudeh and tried and executed most of its leaders.

Subsequently, despite its professed neutrality, the Soviet Union became the major supplier of sophisticated arms to Iraq. In 1985 the United States began clandestine direct and indirect negotiations with Iranian officials that resulted in several arms shipments to Iran.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/iran_iraq_war/iran_iraq_war3.php
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by alexis(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2006
wow - what a thread.

I will like to see verses from the Koran that states it is a peaceful religion and moslems should be tolerant from moslems and I will alos like to see verses from the koran that states Islam is a violent religion.

waiting,
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2006
Why are muslims so sensitive and are always eager to lash out at anyone?, You guys need serious help.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Aggressa(m): 12:44am On Sep 19, 2006
Dear Browneyes/Mukina2/ Firdau4u/Olabowale and other muslims here, grab your Quran and do some research and get information on the following:
(1) The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible (Read Sura 5:47-50, Sura 55:69, Sura 2:53, Sura 10:94-95, Sura 4:82.

(2) The Quran testifies to the miraculous birth of Jesus through a virgin. (Sura 19:20, Sura 19:16-35)
- That Jesus was without sin (Sura 19:19)
-That Jesus performed many miracles including raising people from death. (Surah 3:119, Surah 5:113, Surah 22:73)
-That Jesus ascended into heaven and He is still there. (Surah 4:158) and He is coming back.
-Quran refers ro Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah. (Surah 4:157, 171,172, Surah 9:31, Surah 3:45)
-Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 3:45) and also as Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 58:22.) So is the Word of God and Spirit of God part of Him or a separate entity?. If possible, see Yusuf Alli's translation of the Quran, note 5365, p 1518, it states Jesus is the Very Spirit of God Himself.

(3) The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior (Read Sura 3:45 pleeaaseeeee and come on board fast)

(4) The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life (Surah 22:73) and it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God. From the QURAN!!!!!! shocked

You ladies and gents sound like intelligent folks and I challenge you to read all the portions of the Quran referred to, it has been hidden from you by the imams, mullahs, and sheiks who have been preying on your ignorance but it is now revealed. In the whole of the quran there is not one verse that rejects the Bible as the infallible word of God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel but as I mentioned earlier it emphasises that you must read and accept it. Many of those who preach in your mosques know this but will rather hide it from you, TODAY has it been revealed, read (if you dare!!! I say) and You WILL NOT BOTHER TO READ THE QURAN AGAIN AFTERWARD but will get a Bible fast. Print this piece out and research. I love you with the love of God.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Shalom.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by beyonce1(f): 2:21am On Sep 19, 2006
@ HAVILA I dough hat for u WELL DONE ! I'm sure angels will be rejoicing in heavens for shedding lights on these at least, someone who wants responsibilty for his/her own sincere decision would choose THE OBVIOUS SALVATION ,

--- and for those who do not understand the irrationalities of the muslims -- check this out --

I personally choose and remain a christian and pass it on to my generations because--

a) both religions could be traced back to the story of Abraham whose wives were sarah and haggai (the slave )

b) Truly Ishmael came first but when God wanted to bless them he chose to bless Isaac.

c) Abraham questioned God about this, but yes God blessed Ishmeal too but -- the blessing was all about Ishmael competing and chasing Isaac around trying to fight his way into being the one with more LEGAL RIGHTS. read -- Gen.16:9-12, then Gen--17:19-20

--- which is what we have happening around and will continue till God's kingdom comes ! A SLAVE either descendants or relatives will be the one struggling to have a share/right in his father's kingdom or to even get noticed  cry, while the LEGITIMATE  one relaxes comfortably with no complexity.

I 'WISELY' CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN JESUS BECAUSE HE IS THE DIRECT DESCENDANT OF ISAAC and his teachings and promises are TENDER , besides I've also got AUTOMATIC RIGHTS as a royal family --   kiss
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by dayokanu(m): 8:07am On Sep 19, 2006
@ Afam
I didnt know that
in 1990 the invasion of Kuwait was a Legal act but the invasion of Iraq by America was in 2003 was an Illegal act How time changes !!

As of the 80's when the Kurds were gassed It was a legal act and the use of atomic weapon on Hiroshima and Nagasaki Illegal I thought these 2 events were in the same century. Correct me, I might be wrong

The air invasion of Iran by Iraq was a legal act then but an Israeli pre-emptive strike on Iraq was wrong though the two events occurred at almost the same time How time changes!!

Maybe only the U.S and Israel are capable of doing wrong acts!! Its wrong and Illegal as long as it's U.S or Israel

Afam if the rule for the 20th century is different from the 21st how come you are reffering to Israeli occupation of 1967 as the cause of the Middle-East conflict in the 21st century?

if it is about Palestine how come India a non ally of the U.S or Israel is a target for terrorist attacks?

Moslems Pull down statues and kill traditional religion worshippers in Offa Kwara state
which of these category of people is related to the superpower oppresing the Moslems or is it a case of Mistakened Identity? Or it was their close involvement in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by KDK(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2006
Havila, good work. For those who want more revelations on ISLAM, You could get it from : http://www.bethinking.org/categories.php?CategoryID=10

I was ready to volunteer in the invasion of lebanon. Like Dayokanu rightly said, when US or Isreal reacts to Islamic extremists, they call illegal. It is a pity that our ancestors failed to wipe them out when They were instructed to do so which is why God said we can never wipe them out again.
These fanatics think it is only them that know war . They forget that it is written in exodus 15:3 that the Lord is a man of war .Which is why till tomorrow, Bush will be my man as he has stood against every form of intimidation from the islamic world and from those who want to legalise abominations i.e his recent use of his veto powers.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by twinstaiye(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2006
It is easy for you to say because Bush is the most powerful man in the world. He has all the arrogant in him to do anything he likes, and because he is a christian and an Israel supporter, he will always be in the position to protect christianity religion. Christianity is safe as long as the superpowers are in control. But is Islam safe? No, never! Iran that is planning to enrich Uranium is about to be demolished again by the superpowers, tell me, who else is to safeguard Islam which is constantly under oppression?
The Northern Nigerian Muslims uprising is always political in nature, and we all cannot denied that.
If the superpowers had not invaded Iraq under those flimsy excuses, there would not have been uprising of shites and shia.
The over 3000 citizens of America that died on seppt 11 is unfortunate, but I must say, the US government brought it upon themselves, they are to blame, because the hijackers who are also committing suicide must have been pushed to the wall to have decided to end their own life too. Or are we just to conclude that, simply because they are muslims and are promised matyrdom, that is why they did it, but because they cant condone the oppresion any more. The sept 11 attack is a retaliation on the unending US foreign policy aggression.
I hasten to add however that, I am not in support of violence, but I like to look at root cause of things.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Christino(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2006
Twinsman,

Islam is very safe. Mark my words. Anywhere in the world, no one attacks it. Has america ever attacked Saudi? why?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by twinstaiye(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2006
Perhaps the question should be "When is American going to attack Saudi"? Then the answer will be the moment they are not getting their quota of Oil from the Oil rich Arab nation. You and I both know America will never attack Saudi so long as its interest is not threatened.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by texazzpete(m): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2006
twinstaiye:

It is easy for you to say because Bush is the most powerful man in the world. He has all the arrogant in him to do anything he likes, and because he is a christian and an Israel supporter, he will always be in the position to protect christianity religion. Christianity is safe as long as the superpowers are in control. But is Islam safe? No, never! Iran that is planning to enrich Uranium is about to be demolished again by the superpowers, tell me, who else is to safeguard Islam which is constantly under oppression?
The Northern Nigerian Muslims uprising is always political in nature, and we all cannot denied that.
If the superpowers had not invaded Iraq under those flimsy excuses, there would not have been uprising of shites and shia.
The over 3000 citizens of America that died on seppt 11 is unfortunate, but I must say, the US government brought it upon themselves, they are to blame, because the hijackers who are also committing suicide must have been pushed to the wall to have decided to end their own life too. Or are we just to conclude that, simply because they are muslims and are promised matyrdom, that is why they did it, but because they can't condone the oppresion any more. The sept 11 attack is a retaliation on the unending US foreign policy aggression.
I hasten to add however that, I am not in support of violence, but I like to look at root cause of things.

No one is fooled by apologists such as yourself. It's revolting how your lament ove the death of 3000 americans on sept 11 comes across as an afterthought, a mere milestone in your unending criticism of the West.
Did the US invasion of Iraq bring about the deeply rooted discontent between the shiites and the sunnis? if so, why did saddam see fit to suppress the Shiite majority under his watch, and by force for that matter?
Say what you will about the US, but they have no maxim or creed advocating the slaughter of innocent children and women.
The New York times urged the pope to apologize, to show the 'Healing power of words'. He did so, promptly, expressing dismay and sorrow for the havoc his comments caused. How naive the NY times was! In response to this apology, Iran's president urged moire demonstrations, A somali cleric ordered supporters to kill the pope, al qaeda declared war on Christianity and some of you are not even fazed!. Despite the fact that this was the first papal apology in 2000 years for a recent 'offense' the ignorant hordes keep up the mayhem and threats.

Perhaps the Pope's comments were innapropriate. But is it any reason to keep condemning him and forget the fact that he has apologized? why do people like olabowala attack the pope, forgetting to criticize the calls for violence gaianst him?

The Daily Express of England summed this up admirably. While people were printing papal apoklogies in their papers, the paper simply said "The Western policy of self-abasement before blackmail must stop".

We abase ourselves for people who we are not supposed to. When the danish cartoons were published, protesters moved about in britain with banners screaming "death to enemies of islam" and "decapitate all infidels". Th epolice did nothing, despite that being a clear attempt to incite violence. When two young men, in a counter protest carried placards with the cartoons on them, th e police arrested them.
Double standards, indeed.

You may not be catholic, but the Pope stands and shall always stands as an icon of christianity. If anything happens to him, and you're a christian, hang your heads in shame.

How do you defeat a bully? stand up to him! Keep issuing apologies until you are, in the words of al-qaeda "forced to convert to islam, or head tax shall be imposed on you. those who do not convert will be killed by the sword"
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2006
twinstaiye:

Pray! Who is suppressing Islam? How, when and where? Are there any laws that proscribe Islam even in predominantly christian nations such as Britain and the US? Is it not ironic that churches are not allowed in Saudi Arabia and the UAE while there are gigantic mosques in the US and EU and yet appologists and hypocrites like you claim Islam is under oppression? Muslims are allowed the right to free speech in christian nations, allowed to live, work and practice their religion all protected by the law and yet they claim persecution! How decietful!

twinstaiye:

Tell that to the marines! Political indeed, praps they are the only ones in a coountry of 150million who play politics! And the recent demolition of churches in Zamfara, Sharia law in Kano and other northern states was political too?

twinstaiye:

The over 3000 citizens of America that died on seppt 11 is unfortunate, but I must say, the US government brought it upon themselves, they are to blame, because the hijackers who are also committing suicide must have been pushed to the wall to have decided to end their own life too. Or are we just to conclude that, simply because they are muslims and are promised matyrdom, that is why they did it, but because they can't condone the oppresion any more. The sept 11 attack is a retaliation on the unending US foreign policy aggression. I hasten to add however that, I am not in support of violence, but I like to look at root cause of things.

Pray! Which foreign policy of the US were those hooligans reacting to on Sept 11? Which nation was under US attack? Which bombers where pushed to the wall and by whom? The hypocrites were granted US visa, enjoyed US social services and attended one of the best aviation schools in the US and yet you claim they were pushed to the wall!

It is a huge shame that you can indeed claim that the US brought Sept 11 on itself, anyway i dont blame the likes of you, if the US decided to shut its borders to all muslims or Arabs, it is hypocrites like you that will start screaming blue murder!
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2006
@twinstaiye
he has found a way of conviniently weaving all the atrocities of the Moslem in the world around the west Including the gassing of Kurds, Invasion of Kuwait,Bombing of trains in India,

There are millions of Moslems and other religion in the west doing their religion without anybody killing them that they are desecrating the holy land

So it is only in the moslem dominated north that we have "Politically instigated riots?? Have you ever heard of riots in Cross River state or Benue state or those states dont have politicians?

Have you heard of Hindu suicide bomber before?? Okay its only moslems that are oppressed or why dont African start bombing because of the Slave trade
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Drn: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2006
The Pope should not have let himself get browbeaten into an apology. Most muslims, Nigerian and abroad are a bloodthirsty lot and they never stop.Any normal everyday comment is a reason to burn things, pratest and kill as many infidels as they can lay their hands on, and the world just watches and lets them.
Just imagine today I was at a hospital south af Nigeria and saw this Muslim group, one of the men was carrying a long dagger IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. Anybody else would get arrested or apprehended for that, but this, nobody wants to "provoke" an armed Muslim. If the Da Vinci code were about Islam tenets, world war 3 would have started by now.
YET IT IS A RELIGION OF PEACE AND LOVE, lipsrsealed
On one hand the holy father should have known better than to think that his quote would have not evoked such outrage,
On the other, He said nothing derogatory, only quoting an already dead man's words and for that he should not apologise since nothing he said was a lie anyway.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Frankies(m): 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2006
I KNOW WE HAVE GOOD MUSLIMS THAT ARE NOT VIOLENT. bUT COME TO THINK OF IT, I SEE MOST MUSLIMS AS THOSE THAT HAVE INFERIORITY COMPLEX COMPARED WITH THEIR CHRISTIAN FOLKS. THAT IS WHY THEY SEEM TO REVOLT AT THE SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION.
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Afam(m): 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2006
davidylan:

Once again, in your haste to accuse the US of war crimes, you have chosen to stand history on its head! The US backed IRAN while the Soviets backed IRAQ!

Please read this:
The war appeared to be entering a new phase in which the superpowers were becoming more involved. For instance, the Soviet Union, which had ended military supplies to both Iran and Iraq in 1980, resumed large-scale arms shipments to Iraq in 1982 after Iran banned the Tudeh and tried and executed most of its leaders.

Subsequently, despite its professed neutrality, the Soviet Union became the major supplier of sophisticated arms to Iraq. In 1985 the United States began clandestine direct and indirect negotiations with Iranian officials that resulted in several arms shipments to Iran.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/iran_iraq_war/iran_iraq_war3.php

@Davidylan,

I refuse to believe that you believe that the US backed Iran during the 8 years of war between Iraq and Iran.

Googling for information may not be good after all. The islamic revolution came around 1979 which even resulted in US citizens being taken hostage.

Does anyone really need to use the search engine to get information as regards the country that the US backed during the war?

Yo can do better than this man!
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by KDK(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2006
yes, they have and shall forever have inferiority complex because Ishmael shall forever serve Isaac which is why no muslim nation can ever be the world's "police". It is something that has been sealed. grin
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2006
@ Afam

And what proof do you have besides baseless allegations that the US backed Iraq?

Who supplied who with arms? Please since you dont google can you provide us with some tangible evidence besides mere hearsay?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by twinstaiye(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2006
There is no smoke without fire, the sept 11 is regrettable, but i beg to differ that the attack was not in retaliation to US aggressions. The moment the US continue to legalise their own act of terrorism by sacking any government of any nations, or lending a legitimacy to Israel to bomb Palestine and Lebanon, then there is bound to be groups like Al-Qaedas, Hizbollah etc and there is bound to be people like Osamas, Nasrallah etc. The mind of the oppressed is easy to convince to be violent, because they must have lost all that life should be live for.
If no muslim nation can ever be the police of the world, and it has been sealed, you cant blame muslim not to trust the police of the world in guarding their religion then. The truth is, we all want to live in a peaceful world, but some people will not just want peace to reign.
Muslim does not have inferiority complex, it is just that muslim will not allow anyone to modernise its religion, that is why it is always defended at any slightest provocations. We want our religion to be practice as it was brought by Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by KDK(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2006
You sure do practise what mohammed preached by being blood thirsty. Be sincere, was the Pope's comment wrong?
Re: Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims by twinstaiye(m): 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2006
What Pope said would not have been wrong if it wasnt Pope who said it. It is ill timed and unwarranted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / Terrified By Bats: Please Advice Me / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.