Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online - Car Talk (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online (111754 Views)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by dicksonadams(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
Wow, Gazzuzz you are genius �� you are the best, I beg e get one airbag issue wey dey worry my car... I don waka go mountain for lekki and Orioke still no solution.... Woli Gazzuz edakun epp mi.

Lastly thnks for your tips and guide, I can now do some minor repair work on korope vibe � grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by LeJeun3: 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
diportivo:

u need to upgrade mr man

where we are coming from,we talk about our test drive in miles brother man

all these otta in ogun state you are peddling,its local please

300/400 miles?

put miles on the test drive please

tenk!!

You no well.....

We measure in football fields.

2 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Inception(m): 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
LeJeun3:

You no well.....

We measure in football fields.

In stadia you mean cheesy

I stadion = 185 m approx.

2 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:57am On Apr 20, 2021
Inception:

I usually don't say this to people. But for you this is an exception.

You are a very intelligent man whose skill and resourcefulness is to be studied.

All those years of dismantling stuff to understand them was not to waste afterall

Highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:02am On Apr 20, 2021
Piyke:

I saw the oyel cheesy

In a shop like mine , we run thru a lot of cartons a day.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:05am On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

A little clarification on the word horrible.

On no account should sylicone gum be used on the seals of the VTEC actuator assembly. It is unprofessional and will cause clogging of the strainer in future.

Looking at the pics below on the Toks part you will see there is no gum and it was installed that way with no resulting leaks.

Kindly note we supplied the Engine oil pump assembly and not the actuator assy. Actuator assy to the best of my knowledge came with the car .

#Nomoredistrations

Interestingly we all missed it. Look at the missing valve, very glaring

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:09am On Apr 20, 2021
calculation:

Let me answer for him. NO, but if you attach big money as Labour fee, he may consider your request as special

cool cool cool cool
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by oride: 6:31am On Apr 20, 2021
You are a rare gem. This project showed a great working of your mind.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Crocif: 8:09am On Apr 20, 2021
seanfer:

I remember quoting you on that thread where I said you should get in touch with Gazzuzz that he will be blunt with you, and now I’m glad you did even though you were so frustrated and ready to sell the vehicle.
Now this shows that it’s not by having a big workshop and modern tools just for display. You will enjoy your car.

Thanks.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
3RD Generation Acura MDX 2007/8.

Multiple Complaints

[s]1. Catalytic converter bank 2 (P0430)

2. O2 Sensor B1S1 No activity (P0134)

2b. O2 sensor negative Current control B1S1
(P2251)

3. Rocker Arm actuator Bank1 (P2647)

4. Transmission Range Switch Switch Circuit Open (P1717 )

5. Airbag warning light

6. Engine oil pressure warning Light

7. TPMS Warning Lights [/s]

8. Finally Blueish/White Smoke at startup.

Back to final work on this vehicle.

Let's do a history check .

The post was made December 27 2020 in one of my free consultation threads.

Crocif:
Good evening,

I just registered to try and get a solution to some challenges I am having with my 2007 Acura MDX.

Since I purchased it about a year ago, it has been very reliable until recently when it started giving some issues my mechanic is yet to diagnose satisfactorily. It started when I serviced the vehicle in preparation for my Christmas travel. After the work was done I noticed the following:

1) Smoke from the exhaust at start-up.
2) The check low engine oil light pings intermittently whenever the engine is hot and I am in traffic.

At first I thought the problem was two-fold: the vehicle was burning oil through the engine due to a worn out valve seal and that the low level oil warning I got was because I used a semi synthetic oil (Mobil 2000) instead of the full synthetic oil (Mobil 1).

I went to my mechanic and asked him to check why the vehicle smokes at start-up and also to drain the current oil and refill with Mobil 1 5w20. He checked and confirmed that the valve seal is a bit worn out and had to change it while he also took the time to change the oil as I requested. For the avoidance of doubt he advised that I also change the oil filter to one that is superior to that which I used initially.

The pinging stopped for a while but came back later whenever I am stuck in traffic though it became a bit more bearable. However, in the midst of this problem I encountered another issue with the Kickstarter. I am not sure if this is related to the previous problems but the vehicle just refused to start on one Sunday morning when I went out to buy fuel. I got the fuel, tried to start it but it wouldn't start. It acted as if it was going to start but never got there.

At each attempt, I noticed that there was a smell of burning wires coming from the engine. I stopped trying and called an electrician to take look. He checked and told me that the issue is the Kickstarter. That the burning smell I perceived was from the battery wires. I decided to get another Kickstarter and changed the battery terminals but this did not solve the issue with the Kickstarter. I had to change the kick 3 more times until I ended up with the one I have now.

To cut the very long story short I took the vehicle back to my mechanic a day before I traveled so that they could affirm if the vehicle was fit for travel. He and his electrician checked, cleansed the oil circulatory system and assured me that all was well. I set off the next day with my family got to Onitsha without incident, stopped to refuel the vehicle and got to my destination in Imo state, seemingly without incident.

The next day, I was set to make a two hour journey to see a family friend but before I set out, I decided to check the oil level because the day before, I noticed that the oil level warning light became a constant feature in the dashboard as against the previous erratic pinging during traffic. Since it went away when the road was free I thought I had nothing to worry about, boy was I wrong.

When I checked the oil level, the next day, I was totally out of oil. The engine was completely dry. I am still amazed how we were able to make it to our destination without causing damage to the engine. I hurriedly bought Mobil 5000 5w30, started the engine and the vehicle ran as if nothing had happened. The tell tail sign I saw was that the blue smoke from the exhaust has increased and comes up sometimes when I accelerate. I called a mechanic in Anambra to take a look. He said the Mobil 1 5w20 was too light hence it burnt out while I travelled.

The issues I am having now are the following:

1) The vehicle does not start when the engine is hot. Whenever it does not come on after the first start, I would need to wait for about 10 minutes before I can start it again.

2) The exhaust brings out light blue smoke intermittently.

3) The low oil level light always comes up whenever the engine is hot and I step on the brakes, especially when there is traffic though there is oil in the vehicle.

Sorry for the lengthy story but is it an issue you can help with?

Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/257#97459659

I have highlighted the points to note.

Car was fine until engine oil was changed.

I wrote extensively about switching from mineral oil to synthetic oil in this thread .

https://www.nairaland.com/5398483/warning-dont-buy-synthetic-engine

Let me quote my self.

GAZZUZZ:
If you have an abused engine with sludge and you have been running mineral oil in your engine, kindly DO not use full synthetic oil.

Synthetic oil has cleaning agents that break down sludge and keeps the engine clean, the problem is when this reaction happens to fast and the engine is really contaminated, it becomes a big problem for the pick up screen filter . It gets blocked!!! When this happens oil pressure drops and engine stops getting the right amount of lubrication . These series of events will culminate in a frozen/knocked engine if not caught on time.

One last time, if you have not been using full synthetic oil, stick with mineral oil.

You can read more in the link provided.

Long story short , protective sludge has been removed by synthetic oil.

To stop the smoke , I will use 20w50 engine oil on the engine , it is thicker oil and will not slip passed the oil control rings as fast as 5w20 would . The smoke will reduce to bearest minimum and will eventually stop after prolonged use.

20w50 is not a death sentence, it is not the best for this engine, but it will work.

I will not be tearing down the engine to replace piston rings as the block could be out of spec, this is the cheapest most efficient way of solving this problem at the moment.

9 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by diportivo: 8:53am On Apr 20, 2021
omo ologo 5G

you are doing well......some of us sabi say na u be the real deal....for those wey no sabi,their loss

I see some frenemies on the thread carrying hymns from S.O.P

we dey see una o....we no forget the colour of una skin cheesy

awon werey alaso undecided

4 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by BamBamK: 9:48am On Apr 20, 2021
diportivo:
omo ologo 5G

you are doing well......some of us sabi say na u be the real deal....for those wey no sabi,their loss

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by dicksonadams(m): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

I wrote extensively about switching from mineral oil to synthetic oil in this thread .

Let me quote my self.

To stop the smoke , I will use 20w50 engine oil on the engine , it is thicker oil and will not slip passed the oil control rings as fast as 5w20 would . The smoke will reduce to bearest minimum and will eventually stop after prolonged use.

20w50 is not a death sentence, it is not the best for this engine, but it will work.

I will not be tearing down the engine to replace piston rings as the block could be out of spec, this is the cheapest most efficient way of solving this problem at the moment.

Quick one bro, can we say this will be a temporary solution until engine parks up ? Once read some where that 20w50 destroys engines if not oem recommended and that vtec selonoid needs thinner oil. Would high mileage 5w30 have been better soothed in this scenario?

Awesome work... Learning...

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by seanfer(m): 10:02am On Apr 20, 2021
diportivo:
omo ologo 5G

Bro have you consider going into comedy? grin grin grin grin
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2021
dicksonadams:

Quick one bro, can we say this will be a temporary solution until engine parks up ? Once read some where that 20w50 destroys engines if not oem recommended and that vtec selonoid needs thinner oil. Would high mileage 5w30 have been better soothed in this scenario?

Awesome work... Learning...

Thanks

High mileage is still thin sandpaper and will continue to clean vigorously.

What engine needs now is functionality .

2000 mile oil drains and engine will last for 600years.

6 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
DRL Error will be fixed tommorow.

You can check this link to see how easy it is to fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCPE6Z_j2po

Front Bumper taken out and Fog lamps taken down .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psHJsj4q3IM

3 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Alfred74: 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Front Bumper taken out and Fog lamps taken down .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psHJsj4q3IM

Bulb wey travel go desert come back grin
Rugged looking bulbs.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
DRL Error solved.

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by BamBamK: 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
toh... issokkaaayyy

no be everything them dey upgrade

GAZZUZZ:
DRL Error solved.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Alfred74: 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
DRL Error solved.

Wetin be the ower name self, ciroc abi wetin.
How much you wan sell the car? cheesy
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by FxHouse: 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2021
It is important to note that everything being fixed now (and more), was already addressed by radautoworks, except that the op failed to provide parts to address these issues, and even the ones he provided weren't durable and they were gotten from the person fuelling these whole drama.

In order to show that these whole charade is geared towards bringing down a HARDWORKING and REPUTABLE individual for reasons best known to everyone involved, I'd want for nairalanders to follow without bias

1. In over 3 years (and counting) there has never been any thread about doing anything bad to anyone, finally there is one (which was the intention from the very beginning) and all of a sudden, "raduautoworks do not know what they are doing?"

Meanwhile, the op's superarrow (of destruction), that radautoworks is being compared with, has had several complaints over the years that got swept under the rug.  Even if radautoworks messed up, why all the hate from different angles and sides, some even go as far as spewing their hatred by commenting with more than one moniker, creating new ones.

2. The op only chose to focus on the negative and hammer on it like every other thing was not done right, but there were other jobs that were done perfectly, part of which includes;

(i) Engine tune-up: a combination of services
(ii) Remove and replace steering rack, pinion assembly and tie rod
(iii) Remove and replace control arms (both)
(iv) Remove and replace rear axle
(v) Remove and replace front CV axle
(vi) Remove and replace oil sump
(vii) Materials required

3. The op got another free repair that amounted to N119,432 due to him providing some wrong parts gotten from yours truly.

Finally, I'd also like for you to please list out the cost of repairs (even though you're doing it for free).

@radautoworks, please keep up the good work you've been known for over the years, we understand their pain. Their envy and hate should not be a cog in your wheel of success, keep spinning, you'd crush them like you always do. Keep winning ma'am, a lot of us recognize your hard-work and trust me, we dey your back. kampe, we stand for you gidigba.

#WeMove

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Inception(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
FxHouse:
It is important to note that everything being fixed now (and more), was already addressed by radautoworks, except that the op failed to provide parts to address these issues, and even the ones he provided weren't durable and they were gotten from the person fuelling these whole drama.

In order to show that these whole charade is geared towards bringing down a HARDWORKING and REPUTABLE individual for reasons best known to everyone involved, I'd want for nairalanders to follow without bias

1. In over 3 years (and counting) there has never been any thread about doing anything bad to anyone, finally there is one (which was the intention from the very beginning) and all of a sudden, "raduautoworks do not know what they are doing?"

Meanwhile, the op's superarrow (of destruction), that radautoworks is being compared with, has had several complaints over the years that got swept under the rug.  Even if radautoworks messed up, why all the hate from different angles and sides, some even go as far as spewing their hatred by commenting with more than one moniker, creating new ones.

2. The op only chose to focus on the negative and hammer on it like every other thing was not done right, but there were other jobs that were done perfectly, part of which includes;

(vii) Materials required

3. The op got another free repair that amounted to N119,432 due to him providing some wrong parts gotten from yours truly.

Finally, I'd also like for you to please list out the cost of repairs (even though you're doing it for free).

@radautoworks, please keep up the good work you've been known for over the years, we understand their pain. Their envy and hate should not be a cog in your wheel of success, keep spinning, you'd crush them like you always do. Keep winning ma'am, a lot of us recognize your hard-work and trust me, we dey your back. kampe, we stand for you gidigba.

#WeMove

Wow. Your are indeed shameless.

11 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by selfmadeOLX(m): 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
FxHouse:

#WeMove

Keep moving bruv! Why you stop here before

I guess the kazeem that fixed the rear differential in the east was also part of the cabal trying to bring down radautoworks.

Appreciate good works when you see one.

8 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Crocif: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Let me quote my self.

Wow.

That my post is only 4 months old and a lot has happened since then. Seems like a very long time ago. Lol.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Crocif: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
DRL Error solved.

Thanks brah.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Crocif: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
Alfred74:

Wetin be the ower name self, ciroc abi wetin.
How much you wan sell the car? cheesy

grin

1 Like

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Kingdemu: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
FxHouse:

(vii) Materials required

#WeMove
This woman you still no dey shame abi? When will you learn to keep your mouth shut? Instead of you to invite ASE certified Glen so both of you can sit down with your paper and biro and study this thread and learn, you are busy running your mouth aimlessly . Nawa 4 u oo

11 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by freshvine(f): 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
This place is getting quiet. I like noise.

Please Ikenna send one of your lion to Radautoworks for repairs...I'll tell you what to do with the car afterward on the mainland.
Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by Alfred74: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
FxHouse:

#WeMove

Backdoor ASE dullllard don talk.

4 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by LeJeun3: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
FxHouse:

(vii) Materials required

#WeMove

Whoever is behind this moniker should be ashamed of himself or herself....

If the parts OP supplied were bad, why did you accept them?!

Damn, you don't fail do deliver

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by FxHouse: 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2021
LeJeun3:

Whoever is behind this moniker should be ashamed of himself or herself....

If the parts OP supplied were bad, why did you accept them?!

Damn, you don't fail do deliver

There's nothing to be ashamed of man. All what I pointed out were already in the other thread and I've been following up from there.

You all are the shameless ones. Doing everything possible to bring down a hardworking female mech.
No one wants to see a woman do so well in a field largely dominated by men. Petty men who would go all out to soil hard work and a good name.

Pathetic set of people

7 Likes

Re: Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online by FxHouse: 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
Alfred74:

Backdoor ASE dullllard don talk.

Na Forex I dey trade man, use your head read through the lines. Account wey don dey since 2016.

Y'all would say whatever to make you feel alright, but I wouldn't be pay attention to that any longer.

It is what it is...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (45) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.