Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Alternative To Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alternative To Nairaland? (3429 Views)

Petrol: No Alternative To Deregulation- FG / Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2015
before anything I would like to say that I've been most blessed by Nairaland forum.I wonder How I would have turned out without Nairaland. Since I discovered this forum, I have longed dished Facebook and even twitter. Nairaland is like a grooming ground for the new generation of Nigerian intellectual. The influence of this forum has being widely underated But I want to say this: this is the one thing shaping Nigeria's future. Nairaland rocks!

But just like anything good , there should be a backup somewhat.... a competition just So that the monster of monopoly and dormancy Don't take over.

that is the major reason I created Naija Pips forum.

Naija Pips forum is not a Nairaland replica. it has different functions and features different from Nairaland. it's like an advanced Nairaland.... Nairaland++

With features like liking a post.... disliking a post....posting questions.... thanking poster.... creating opinion polls.... and many more.

more than this, our news are always current....because we poll news from more than 100 sources including Nairaland.

you can discuss anything from politics, to celebrities....and Yes to adults topics as well....

Let's make Nairaland better by discouraging monopoly.

join naija Pips on www. naija Pips . com

Ps: no tribalism...just a matured Nigerian forum.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2015
Let Seun catch you. angry grin
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Let Seun catch you. angry grin

seun should no be afraid of competition. there is no joy in being the king of the fishes....in a fish pond.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:40am On Jun 04, 2015
Your site is wack..... #Nooffence
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

none taken. But what's wack about it?

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Encourage d dude bro

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

seun should no be afraid of competition. there is no joy in being the king of the fishes....in a fish pond.

Hmmmm... You're right. There should be healthy competition, By the way, do you have mods?
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

none taken. But what's wack about it?

It's more like a blog than a forum... and signing with FB or twitter?..... That's a No for me.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Bros, Nairaland was also wack when it started.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hmmmm... You're right. There should be healthy competition, By the way, do you have mods?

none yet.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

none yet.
Okay, You'll get there some day.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Truckpusher(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:
before anything I would like to say that I've been most blessed by Nairaland forum.I wonder How I would have turned out without Nairaland. Since I discovered this forum, I have longed dished Facebook and even twitter. Nairaland is like a grooming ground for the new generation of Nigerian intellectual. The influence of this forum has being widely underated But I want to say this: this is the one thing shaping Nigeria's future. Nairaland rocks!

But just like anything good , there should be a backup somewhat.... a competition just So that the monster of monopoly and dormancy Don't take over.

that is the major reason I created Naija Pips forum.

Naija Pips forum is not a Nairaland replica. it has different functions and features different from Nairaland. it's like an advanced Nairaland.... Nairaland++

With features like liking a post.... disliking a post....posting questions.... thanking poster.... creating opinion polls.... and many more.

more than this, our news are always current....because we poll news from more than 100 sources including Nairaland.

you can discuss anything from politics, to celebrities....and Yes to adults topics as well....

Let's make Nairaland better by discouraging monopoly.

join naija Pips on www. naija Pips . com

Ps: no tribalism...just a matured Nigerian forum.

Thanks
Follow ya dreams bro and do not let any of these nairaland wet blankets spoil ya mind.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

It's more like a blog than a forum... and signing with FB or twitter?..... That's a No for me.

it's that way now because I'm creating the topics myself. there are other ways u can join. I just wanted to make it easier So that with on click you can join. you can fill the long signup form If you want.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Bros, Nairaland was also wack when it started.

You don't have to tell me....I know.... but back then was there a standard?..... nope.... now to beat NL.. you have to bring out something more appealing than NL,yet keeping it simple.. NL has set a standard.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

it's that way now because I'm creating the topics myself. there are other ways u can join. I just wanted to make it easier So that with on click you can join. you can fill the long signup form If you want.

Not only that.....the design too...
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by lilflipnerd: 9:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Naijapip lemme advice u, gonna n create n see how members would flow like Garri. Thank me later
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Not only that.....the design too...

please what about the design? the colors?
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2015
lilflipnerd:
Naijapip lemme advice u, gonna n create n see how members would flow like Garri. Thank me later

biafraland is registered already....lol
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by lilflipnerd: 9:58am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

That one is dead bro, u can use Biafra.com or something related... Ff me for more ideas
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=lilflipnerd post=34413832] That one is dead bro, u can use Biafra.com or something related... Ff me for more ideas [/quote

can we talk in private? naija pips@gmail.com
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by dustydee: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2015
Have you heard of ? It is a nairaland competitor and at the moment has a better chance of rivalling it than yours but keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by brownlord: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2015
Some of you, you spend too much time trying to copy others, I saw one blogger sometime and the name of her blog was almost like Linda ikeji, why? You don't have to make your site or interface look like nairaland, also the name naija pips in my opinion only says about were you want the site to get to, must nigeria be part of the name? Do you think people from other countries like ghana will bother to open your site? Just like expecting nigerians to flood to ghanaweb, nairaland is cool because it doesn't in anyway signify or represent any country even though some will argue that is nigerians currency, but people of other nationality will not have a problem unlike if it was nigerialand or nijaland dot com, my opinion anyway

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by brownlord: 10:07am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

Exactly what I was trying to say, in registering biafraland do you hope to get people of other ethnic groups to your site? I mean you except a Yoruba to come visiting your site
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by HzRF(m): 10:10am On Jun 04, 2015
Keep it up.. Dont mind doz that have nothing worthwhile to say they will always pop up
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2015
brownlord:
Some of you, you spend too much time trying to copy others, I saw one blogger sometime and the name of her blog was almost like Linda ikeji, why? You don't have to make your site or interface look like nairaland, also the name naija pips in my opinion only says about were you want the site to get to, must nigeria be part of the name? Do you think people from other countries like ghana will bother to open your site? Just like expecting nigerians to flood to ghanaweb, nairaland is cool because it doesn't in anyway signify or represent any country even though some will argue that is nigerians currency, but people of other nationality will not have a problem unlike if it was nigerialand or nijaland dot com, my opinion anyway

Thanks brownlord. i really appreciate this input. One thing about the internet is that it is a border-less enclave so people tend to create niches for themselves so that they can be easily recognized. Naija pips was created with the intention of focusing on issues relating to Nigeria. of course anyone interested in the Nigerian subject can join, no matter your ethnicity or country. I think a forum is more fun if you bring people of specific interest together,
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2015
HzRF:
Keep it up.. Dont mind doz that have nothing worthwhile to say they will always pop up

Thanks dear, but i appreciate every bit of the criticism. It would help make my dreams more defined...lol.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by PedroJP(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2015
lilflipnerd:

I want to clear u on an issue.

U need nobody to tell u dat the war lasted 30 months. Biafra lacked food during the war was simply because the war was brought on their soil... Now the only major items imported from North are Beans, cabbage, watermelon,Onion, carrot and sometimes yam( Anambra produces much yam too). Pray the war doesn't come again in this our modern days, with ur initial supporters wanting Nigeria's division. Maybe then, u would know that a place bombarded and in chaos, lacks food, not that they don't produce food items.

In ur shallow mind, u simply see it that war zones that reliefs are taken to have barren lands and can't produce anything.

Again, pray the war doesn't come again, cos ur position might change dis time around.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:13am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

please what about the design? the colors?

It's too.......I dunno the word I'm looking for .....it's too...... should I say.. plain?
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

It's too.......I dunno the word I'm looking for .....it's too...... should I say.. plain?

but it's a forum. forums are not meant to be sophisticated, blogs are. You can check again, i have changed the color. thanks jeff.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:34am On Jun 04, 2015
naijapip:

but it's a forum. forums are not meant to be sophisticated, blogs are. You can check again, i have changed the color. thanks jeff.

You don't understand..... I'm not talking about the colours...I'm talking about the layout...... I believe with time and more work, you'll get it right.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by zimoni(f): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2015
Nairaland.com has come to stay.

Seun sacrificed a lot for nairaland including his Uni Degree.

It is well.
Re: Alternative To Nairaland? by enmacmedia: 7:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
A new way to find and share latest gist, job vacancies, tutorials, pictures, videos with people around you, advertise/sell products and services, discover trends and meet Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Lacks Moral Right To Talk About Party Supremacy – Tinubu / A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest / How True Is This Facts From Fani Kayode About The Northerners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.