Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest (3433 Views)

Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians / "I Heard The Audio Inciting Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1" – FFK / See The Most Tactful Question So Far In The Current Ministerial Screening! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 12:18am On Dec 03, 2015
First of all, I'm not anti-Igbo, check my previous posts. Right to self determination is a fundamental human right, so any group of people are entitled to persue one if the need arises, just like the one our Igbo brothers are currently persuing, but problems and setbacks sets in when a wrong approach is choosen.
The UN and fundamental human right laws were founded based on understanding and respect not through violence, so they only hold when there's understanding and respect between the parties involved. The Igbos has a consitutional right to protest over the continued detention of their leader, but the same consitution that granted them such right provided the way such protest should be carried out. The protesters forgot that the same man they are protesting for his release was preaching hate speech against other tribes and even soliciting weapons to fight a sovereign state instead of following due protocols that will lead to a referandum, and for the sake of National security his actions will not be taken lightly by any nation, that's why when he landed on the Nigerian shores, he got arrested, and instead of his supporters to demand for his release or fair trial via their protest, the whole thing took another dimenstion, and that's the reason for this thread.
We all know what happened today during the protest was rather unfortunate, because lives were wasted (may the souls of those that died RIP) and business activities around Onitsha was frozen. Normally this protest should be peaceful and even if it deviates considering the nature of Nigeria, the misdeeds should not be on properties of other Nigerians living and doing business peacefully in SE geo-political zone in Nigeria, because such actions can trigger violence which both parties will suffer and coupled with the fact that the protesters were not protesting about other Nigerians living in their land or any religous issue rather they are protesting to the Nigerian Government to release their leader, so their focused should be channeled to the same government. So I humbly call on the protest leaders and anybody with respectful voice to guide the protesters appropiately about the aim of their protest, as doing so can prevent an unimaginable crisis. We have many things at hand now, so we cannot afford take another. Peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by dialfa: 12:33am On Dec 03, 2015
Why has Kanu not been tried yet?

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 12:42am On Dec 03, 2015
dialfa:
Why has Kanu not been tried yet?
That's beyond me, but the protest should be about his release or trial not attacking properties of other Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by dialfa: 12:46am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

That's beyond me, but the protest should be about his release or trial not attacking properties of other Nigerians

Maybe you should stop trying to give us advice on matters that are beyond you

4 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 03, 2015
Why had kanu not been released yet upon after providing all necessary bails ?
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 03, 2015
dialfa:

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 12:54am On Dec 03, 2015
dialfa:

Okay bro. I'm not technically advicing you on how to get Kanu released, but my concern is about the distruction of properties of other Nigerians in the S East and possible repercutions.

2 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 12:56am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:
Yeah that's bad. The guy should be released if all things were met.

2 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

Yeah that's bad. The guy should be released if all things were met.

Then why not just stfu....
And let the protesters be....
Even a northerner has once said that their protest is just and I can see reasons with him too...

If you are too caring about peoples properties, have you for once cared about those that were brutally murdered... These are lives not properties we are talking about.
They were civilian protesters doing their things peacefully...
Why kill them in cold blood...?
Yet you want them in your godforsaken country...
You are just evil.

6 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 1:08am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Then why not just stfu....
And let the protesters be....
Even a northerner has once said that their protest is just and I can see reasons with him too...

If you are too caring about peoples properties, have you for once cared about those that were brutally murdered... These are lives not properties
They were civilian protesters doing their things peacefully...
Why kill them in cold blood...
Yet you want them in your godforsaken country...
You are just evil.
I think you're the one that needs to STFU. I'm a Northerner too, show me where I'm against their protest or STFU forever. I clearly stated that it's unfortunate that lives were lost. I don't really care if you stay or leave the contrty, but the attack on properties of other Nigerians ain't gonna be funny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by oilsuop: 1:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Two police officers dead many injured latest from Sahara reporter
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

I think you're the one that needs to STFU. I'm a Northerner too, show me where I'm against their protest or STFU forever. I clearly stated that it's unfortunate that lives were lost. I don't really care if you stay or leave the contrty, but the attack on properties of other Nigerians ain't gonna be funny.

Oo BC of dangote trucks you are fuming??
Then if I may ask you..
What about the 9 lifes of the protesters that were lost? Who will account for them?
See I don't care how it turns out to be, whether funny or bitter...
Quote me anywhere there action will always be justified.
No property is worth a life in Igbo land. Even if it run in trillions.
Bleep the dangote burnt trucks.... you northerners can do your fking worst.
Ingrates

3 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 1:23am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Oo BC of dangote trucks you are fuming??
Then if I may ask you..
What about the 9 lifes of the protesters that were lost? Who will account for them?
See I don't care how it turns out to be, whether funny of bitter...
Quote me anywhere I will always justify their action...
No property is worth a life in Igbo land.
Bleep the dangote trucks you northerners can do your fking worst.
Ingrates
We don't beat our chests nor call people names, so take that crap aside. Its Dangote behind Kanu's detention and the blood of 9 people or the Fed.? why won't you channel your anger to your supposed 'opressor', rather than burning a private's man property, this is a coward and dick move...

2 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

We don't beat our chests nor call people names, so take that crap aside. Its Dangote behind Kanu's detention and the blood of 9 people or the Fed.? why won't you channel your anger to your supposed 'opressor', rather than burning a private's man property, this is a coward and dick move...

Did the 9 life's lost commit any crime....? How did their peaceful protest affect you, if you earlier said you ain't against their protest?. If not bc of hate?
Why will you and your brothers in the north kill them in cold blood...?
You are lucky that the northerners weren't maimed in retaliation...
Just few trucks against 9 life's, you are ranting like a toothless dog...
What a heartless being you are....
You and boko haram shares no difference feeling human.

As for being coward you northerners are the real coward for harming armless protesters on peaceful protest.
Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by NobleBeer(m): 1:37am On Dec 03, 2015
I pray the northerner don't wake up and retaliate tomorrow. How innocent ones wan take run come east from the north in this blinding fuel scarcity. If you guys missed the civil war, at least una hear about Abiola crisis.

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 1:42am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Did the 9 life's lost commit any crime....?
Rubbish
As far as I'm concerned, the unfortunate lives lost were the action of NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES not I and my brothers, so you should hold them and the FG responsible, and for the records, NA and NPF comprises of all ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Regarding your empty threats on violence, I'll like to remember you that, nobody have monopoly of it. Feed on that.
I ain't ranting nor spewing empty threats, you're the one doing so. Burning trucks in retarliation of what NA/NPF did is barbaric move that can only be executed by primitives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 1:50am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Did the 9 life's lost commit any crime....? How did their peaceful protest affect you, if you earlier said you ain't against their protest?. If not bc of hate?

As for being coward you northerners are the real coward for harming armless protesters on peaceful protest.
Rubbish
I repeat, I'm not against their protest, my only concern is about the attacks on properties of other Nigerians. Hold NA/NPF resposible for those that unfortunately died, Notherners kill nobody in cold blood there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

I repeat, I'm not against their protest, my only concern is about the attacks on properties of other Nigerians. Hold NA/NPF resposible for those that unfortunately died, Notherners kill nobody in cold blood there.

Go and tell that to the NA and NPF too.
Life is more valuable than properties here.

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by EternalTruths: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:
First of all, I'm not anti-Igbo, check my previous posts. Right to self determination is a fundamental human right, so any group of people are entitled to persue one if the need arises, just like the one our Igbo brothers are currently persuing, but problems and setbacks sets in when a wrong approach is choosen.
The UN and fundamental human right laws were founded based on understanding and respect not through violence, so they only hold when there's understanding and respect between the parties involved. The Igbos has a consitutional right to protest over the continued detention of their leader, but the same consitution that granted them such right provided the way such protest should be carried out. The protesters forgot that the same man they are protesting for his release was preaching hate speech against other tribes and even soliciting weapons to fight a sovereign state instead of following due protocols that will lead to a referandum, and for the sake of National security his actions will not be taken lightly by any nation, that's why when he landed on the Nigerian shores, he got arrested, and instead of his supporters to demand for his release or fair trial via their protest, the whole thing took another dimenstion, and that's the reason for this thread.
We all know what happened today during the protest was rather unfortunate, because lives were wasted (may the souls of those that died RIP) and business activities around Onitsha was frozen. Normally this protest should be peaceful and even if it deviates considering the nature of Nigeria, the misdeeds should not be on properties of other Nigerians living and doing business peacefully in SE geo-political zone in Nigeria, because such actions can trigger violence which both parties will suffer and coupled with the fact that the protesters were not protesting about other Nigerians living in their land or any religous issue rather they are protesting to the Nigerian Government to release their leader, so their focused should be channeled to the same government. So I humbly call on the protest leaders and anybody with respectful voice to guide the protesters appropiately about the aim of their protest, as doing so can prevent an unimaginable crisis. We have many things at hand now, so we cannot afford take another. Peace.

Keep your advice to yourself

UN Referendum we ask for angry angry angry
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Hiploko(m): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2015
We need to watch how we go about the protests. Hoodlums will soon hijack it and it becomes a problem to us all. When it was peaceful, it had the support of all. Even people abroad. Why burn a mosque and Dangote cars? It means we are not better or more educated than the northern street urchins. I bet you tommorrow friday after mosque will see the killing and destruction of ibos and their properties except God thinks otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by kettykin: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

Okay bro. I'm not technically advicing you on how to get Kanu released, but my concern is about the distruction of properties of other Nigerians in the S East and possible repercutions.

This compound fool is concerned about destruction of properties of other Nigerians in the South East but and repercussions is never bothered about the innocent unarmed south eastern lives lost to inept, cowardly and in effective Nigerian military who decide to open fire at midnight and it's likely repercussions.

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:32am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:
what necessary bail? No grade 14 civil servant yet to stand for him. you think the govt is a fool? a grade 14 civil servant is more or less a permanent secretary, and hey, if you dnt knw, once you are of grade 12 and above, you must not (by law), be against your govt or speak publicly against it. I learnt this from my mom when the issue of the sacked teachers in Ogun state happened where they exposed the govt while in the govt.

no grade 14 civil servant will stand for kanu because such a person is committing treason.

that is why he will go to court and his trial will be postponed till he grow grey hair

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2015
[s]
SLIDEwaxie:
what necessary bail? No grade 14 civil servant yet to stand for him. you think the govt is a fool? a grade 14 civil servant is more or less a permanent secretary, and hey, if you dnt knw, once you are of grade 12 and above, you must not (by law), be against your govt or speak publicly against it. I learnt this from my mom when the issue of the sacked teachers in Ogun state happened where they exposed the govt while in the govt.

no grade 14 civil servant will stand for kanu because such a person is committing treason.

that is why he will go to court and his trial will be postponed till he grow grey hair
[/s]

Please I don't converse with liars and cheats.
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:
[s][/s]

Please I don't converse with liars and cheats.
to feel relieved, fools tends to tell themselves a lie that shift their focus on the real pain.

bit hey, the pain remains.

you are just like a fool who does that!

if the bail conditions were met, why was he back in court?

have u seen any high level official in the civil service go against the govt? if I have, tell me and post a link.

they will always side with the govt.

no grade 14 civil servant will stand in for Kanu. not in this world!

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I don't want to converse with you....
Is just my wish. Do leave my mentions for me...and stop abusing my quotes.
I don't share views with nepotistic fellows.

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:
I don't want to converse with you.... Is just my wish. Do leave my mentions for me...and stop abusing my quotes. I don't share views with nepotistic fellows.
e pain am grin
Kanu may die in prison. accept that and move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 03, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
e pain am grin

Kanu may die in prison. accept that and move on.

OK. Can you now move ahead please?
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 7:48am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Go and tell that to the NA and NPF too.
Life is more valuable than properties here.
As a Nigerian, I strongly condemned the action of NA/NPF on those wasted lives. But I challenge you to direct your anger to the supposed 'oppressor' not a private individual or any group of people .

1 Like

Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by Sunymoore(m): 7:57am On Dec 03, 2015
kettykin:

This compound fool is concerned about destruction of properties of other Nigerians in the South East but and repercussions is never bothered about the innocent unarmed south eastern lives lost to inept, cowardly and in effective Nigerian military who decide to open fire at midnight and it's likely repercussions.
Look through my post again, I'm not against your protest and I'd showed my concern about the wasted lives. But chanelling the anger of what Fed. did to private individual or group of people will create more violence, which nobody wants, atleast for now.
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2015
AfricanFinest:

OK. Can you now move ahead please?
I'm always ahead.
Re: A Little Advice To The Igbos On The Current Protest by oilsuop: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I'm always ahead.
we the Yorubas should use this opportunity to chase yeeebooosss out of Lagos since they are coming to Lagos the best way now is to kick yeeeboss out of Lagos I hate when we act like a coward this is why yeeeboss don't regard we Yorubas sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

DSS Offered Bribe, Threatened Me, Then I Was Sacked From Rivers Tribunal – Justi / South-south Cannot Intimidate Nigeria - Amaechi / The Best President Nigeria Ever Had And Never Had.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.