Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,541 members, 7,955,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! (58265 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / How Mothers Handle Kids When They Refuse To Brush Their Teeth / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Awoofawo(m): 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
ireneidiva:

Foreign names have meanings. Use google. Yes we know you are african. Name your kids according to your choice and leave other people's choices alone. What is it with you guys and the foreign name criticism sef.

You use google to check meaning of some common foreign name! Try Fatimo, Paul, Williams only few biblical names have meanful meaning and Islamic will shock you.......

If you like named your child Mcstone, Landson, Wayfair, Candidus, Emmakucate etc na you sabi! cool grin
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
Amhappy:
Adachukwu,Chimnondu,Chidiuto & Chidinso (twins) God na your own remain.

To some I-diots, calling your kids these names is giving them "silly" names. undecided
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Dollyak(f): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
MrDoGood:

What does your Google map tells you?
Are you obstuse or you are deliberately ignoring the context? Use your brain man.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by ayando(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
Abayomi sugbon oluwa o je grin, oyindamola smiley, oyinkansola, oluwaniyi kiss
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
Lukay99:
After going through the comments I think the black race have a serious problem we like to say I'm black and proud but our actions reflects the opposite, I'm surprised when I see most of my friends that are based in Nigeria with their kids and yet this kids can't even speak any Nigerian native language they raised their children to only speak western languages with mostly western names but they get surprised when they see my son with non western name who is only 3+ speaking Yoruba fluently even though my son was born and raised here in the UNITED STATES this reminds me of one of Bob Marley songs The Redemption Song (THE BLACK RACE ANTHEM) "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,
None but ourselves can free our minds." Fela also said it in many of his songs that we Nigerians always values anything western maybe good or bad Mr Follow Follow some go follow follow (oyinbo) dem close their eyes we abandoned our beautiful African names with very strong powerful meaning and we are picking up western names with little or no meaning this is one of the reasons why I always says that Africa's biggest problem is it's own people it's a pity we don't even like ourselves

They seem to be sick.

We have people so proud to give their kids foreign names and also refuse to let their kids learn their local tongue and somehow think that makes them look cool.

Many want to follow their unenlightened parents into colomentality.

2 Likes

Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Beamborla(f): 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
kinglekan:

Are you high on taba? Or did u mistakenly swallow excess cum from our encounter last night? undecided
Lolz... No to the two questions cool
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by blesoh(f): 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

Colomentality fool!

So the problem is that you are ashamed of your local names and see them as stupid?

But you think calling your child "Treasure" or "Success" is not stupid?

Why not "Tyre"?

You are stupid beyond stupid.
"colomentality"d new word u ve learnt,,,,lol omg replying u means am coming down to ur level.
Lol but wats ur problm wid wat i name my kids,stp taking panadol in pple headache,it doesnt pay.
Nxt tym am gonna name my baby Riches,then u'll GO N DIE.now run along i wont reply u anymore cos u re sick,,,,,according to u'colomentality' and for d records my kids hv thier native names repectively
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Nappsy(m): 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
A boy.. i'll name him Patrick
A girl.. i will name her patience. The former will know how to speak Enqlish, the latter won't.

I feel u, unto Patrick Obahiagbon nd Patience Goodluk Jonah
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
blesoh:

"colomentality"d new word u ve learnt,,,,lol omg replying u means am coming down to ur level.
Lol but wats ur problm wid wat i name my kids,stp taking panadol in pple headache,it doesnt pay.
Nxt tym am gonna name my baby Riches,then u'll GO N DIE.now run along i wont reply u anymore cos u re sick,,,,,according to u'colomentality' and for d records my kids hv thier native names repectively

I am just letting you know you have a problem and you look silly.

I will sleep well without having your colomentality, while you spend your life trying to seek approval by denouncing and de-associating from your identity, Mama Treasure and Success. grin grin grin grin grin

Slave mind!
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Dove2: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
kITATITA:
ORUBEBE
PATIENCE
FAYOSE
hmmmm, very brave and out-spoken children you've got then.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
blesoh:

dont say only 24 oh,we re same age nd i ve 2 now in d next 2yrs i'll hv d last one,,,,,anyways re u nt married?
NO, NT YET. ALRDY V A SUITOR THOU SO VRY SOON. cnt wait to v mine like u. cheers
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by kinglekan: 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Beamborla:
Lolz... No to the two questions cool
undecided
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by blesoh(f): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Amy91:
NO, NT YET. ALRDY V A SUITOR THOU SO VRY SOON. cnt wait to v mine like u. cheers
ok dear,but prepare for d pains during labour oh lol.but wen u see ur bundle of joy d pains bcoms joy.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by AndrewFlexx9(m): 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
[quote author=nma24 post=34444128]6 kids? Haba! This age and time?[/quote. When the Money is there,no wahala...I always luv a full house.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by excellentmomma(f): 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

Please speak for yourself and your family.

So of us are actually proud of our identity and everything that represents it. We no dey fake am.

B4 you get proud, make sure you manufacture your own phones, cars and planes too, and be relatively independent. Don't wear foreign clothes too and be sure you eat with your bare hands, so make it complete.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by gazmann(m): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Figo
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
excellentmomma:

B4 you get proud, make sure you manufacture your own phones, cars and planes too, and be relatively independent. Don't wear foreign clothes too and be sure you eat with your bare hands, so make it complete.

What nonsense!

What has phones, cars and planes etc got to do with naming?

Are you saying ideas and innovation are owned as a monopoly by others?

Never again stupidly compare or justify 'copying people's identity' due to the mentality of low self-worth with 'use of innovative progress' due to making your life easier.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by excellentmomma(f): 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

What nonsense!

What has phones, cars and planes etc got to do with naming?

Are you saying ideas and innovation are owned as a monopoly by others?

Never again stupidly compare or justify 'copying people's identity' due to the mentality of low self-worth with 'use of innovative progress' due to making your life easier.

Before u stupidly condemn people that chose to give their children foreign names, make sure you are truly independent and free from anything foreign, get that into your dumb skull. Its their choice to combine names, not yours to bash them. Your moniker is even foreign, you are brainless.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by missdre(f): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Tanitoluwa...girl. Olaniyi jnr...boy. Oluwsemilore...girl
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Ceccylia(f): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
funmi2013:
. And u will see the hand of God in ur life very soon, ur story will change for the better, this is ur year.
I say a BIGGER AMEN.Thank u so very much FUNMI,Bless u.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Shymm3x: 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
GboyegaD:

I'm a royalty myself and so will be my children.

Nice.

Then "Ade" should be appropriate. Then again I don't know how folks get down now, but that was what I was told.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Ceccylia(f): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
Amen!!! Thank u mya God bless u.
mya1:

So shall it be for you by God's grace !

Imisioluwa, Amarachi, Ifunaya, Ifedolapo, Erioluwa, Aurora (just like this name)
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Shymm3x: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
excellentmomma:

Which one is royal bloodline, u are funny. If you are a christian you are royalty already. But you too named "Adeola" now.

Lol. What is the correlation between Christianity and royal bloodline?

I believe certain "prefixes" were set aside for Yoruba Christians when Christianity started gaining ground in the culture in the 20th century - why not roll with that? Loool
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
excellentmomma:

Before u stupidly condemn people that chose to give their children foreign names, make sure you are truly independent and free from anything foreign, get that into your dumb skull. Its their choice to combine names, not yours to bash them. Your moniker is even foreign, you are brainless.

Why are you telling me it is their choice?

You are too stupid to observe I never said it was not their choice, I am just saying it is a stupid choice, slow brain.

You are even more stupid to be stating that ideas and innovation are foreign.

Iiidoit, since when did my moniker sound like a name to you?

Mugu!

Why you dey bleach?
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
[quote author=AndrewFlexx9 post=34462660][/quote]Giving birth is no a walk in d park... You'll wear her out mr man
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by excellentmomma(f): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

You are too stupid to observe I never said it was not their choice, I am just saying it is a stupid choice, slow brain.

Mugu!

Why you dey bleach?

slowpoke, why do you identify with anything foreign at all, do your own thing and be identified with it, you are too idiotic not to know that whatever you are called with becomes your name moniker or not. Why go foreign in some things and condemn others.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by excellentmomma(f): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

Mugu!

Why you dey bleach?

M.o.r.o.n, why do you identify with anything foreign at all, do your own thing and be identified with it, you are too idiotic not to know that whatever you are called with becomes your name moniker or not. Why go foreign in some things and condemn others.
Ode! Calling another person's choice silly.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2015
excellentmomma:

M.o.r.o.n, why do you identify with anything foreign at all, do your own thing and be identified with it, you are too idiotic not to know that whatever you are called with becomes your name moniker or not. Why go foreign in some things and condemn others.
Ode! Calling another person's choice silly.

You are a complete iiidiot?

What is identifying with anything foreign?

Instead of dimwits like you to give a sensible argument of why you choose to name your kids with white names, why you need to or why they need it, you come up with moronic counters like "identifying with anything foreign", "your laptop is called apple, not agbalumo", "why do you choose to live in Victoria Island and not Kasamu Island" etc.

You come up with all kinds of nonsense to divert away from the fact that there is NO SENSIBLE reason for giving your kids white names apart from appeasing your colomentality and inferiority complex.

There is NO SENSIBLE reason for you to lighten your skin apart from addressing your colomentality and inferiority complex.

One of your cohorts already gave the stupid excuse that "it is because we live in a foreign land". Self-deceit excuses.

Mugu.

Come up with a sensible excuse why you want to give your children white names.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by excellentmomma(f): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

You are a complete iiidiot?

What is identifying with anything foreign?

Instead of dimwits like you to give a sensible argument of why you choose to name your kids with white names or why they need it, you come up with moronic counters like "identifying with anything foreign", "your laptop is called apple, not agbalumo", "why do you choose to live in Victoria Island and not Kasamu Island" etc.

You come up with all kinds of nonsense to divert away from the fact that there is NO SENSIBLE reason for giving your kids white names apart from appeasing your colomentality and inferiority complex.

There is NO SENSIBLE reason for you to lighten your skin apart from addressing your colomentality and inferiority complex.

One of your cohorts already gave the stupid excuse that "it is because we live in a foreign land". Self-deceit excuses.

Mugu.

Come up with a sensible excuse why you want to give your children white names.
This idiot doesn't know he should manufacture his own laptop and give it a native name. If we check very very well its your fake type that bleach their skin or go after women that do. Example a christian that picks a foreign name from the bible or Muslim from the Koran has suddenly become silly, so tell me how many Muslims don't have at least one foreign name? Did the Arabs colonise us too. You pretend to be smarter than everyone but the dullest. Idiot, ain't you the one with a complex?, if not why will you feel threatened by a white name. Go tell all the Muslims to stop giving Arabic names. M.o.r.o.n!
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
excellentmomma:

This idiot doesn't know he should manufacture his own laptop and give it a native name. If we check very very well its your fake type that bleach their skin or go after women that do. Example a christian that picks a foreign name from the bible or Muslim from the Koran has suddenly become silly, so tell me how many Muslims don't have at least one foreign name? Did the Arabs colonise us too. You pretend to be smarter than everyone but the dullest. Idiot, ain't you the one with a complex?, if not why will you feel threatened by a white name. Go tell all the Muslims to stop giving Arabic names. M.o.r.o.n!

You are a complete iiidiot.

Is this your sensible explanation of why you choose to name your kids with white names, why you need to or why they need it?
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Eleganza33(f): 8:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
ollah1:
Amarachi
Nkiruka

Don't know the meaning tho.i ain't even from that side but I love these two names

wow we rock grin
ollah1:
Amarachi
Nkiruka

Don't know the meaning tho.i ain't even from that side but I love these two names

wow we rock
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by excellentmomma(f): 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gamesmart:

You are a complete iiidiot.

Is this your sensible explanation of why you choose to name your kids with white names, why you need to or why they need it?

I said you are the iidiot, it's my choice, and none of your business to call it silly. You started the whole drama and I told you in Nigeria as a whole we combine foreign with local, you went gaga saying it's only "me". Ode! I bet you never knew all the Muslims bear foreign names too, so they are all silly as well? your obsession is with white, they colonized us blah blah. I wonder who told you people that choose to combine do so out of colonial mentality. I bet you are the one reminding me whites colonized us. I like a name and it's meaning, I give my child and also native as well, so why would you get drunk over that?. M.o.r.o.n I'm sure you never knew Ibrahim, Aisha etc are foreign too. Ode!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Celebrates Big After Divorce (Photo) / I Would Divorce Her- My Wife Is Callous / Ekiti Man And His Oyinbo Wife Step Out In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.