Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... (7240 Views)

The Reason Why Other Tribes Don't Want Biafra / Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by change49ja: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
I believe if Igbos do really, seriously, genuinely and sincerely want Biafra nation, they will have it without a shot of gun. They do have all the human and material resources to achieve this. However, it seems the people leading the secession campaign have no clue as to what they want or how to go about it.

Moreover, with all due respect, it seems most Igbos would prefer to be in Nigeria than Biafra. I may be wrong but this is why a referendum is so important. Imagine, few months ago, the Scottish were demanding for their own country. They got a referendum but majority of Scots prefer not to leave UK.

Why I'm saying all these is that, if Igbos achieved Biafra by force through arms, it's most likely that, there might be an internal divisions among tribes, states within Biafra. This is why the way to go is through a referendum.

Unlike in the 60s, Nigeria now practice democracy today and I believe if Igbos unites and, with one voice demand for a referendum Via the United Nations, nothing can stop them. South Sudan did it, Eritrea did it, Ukrain did it, Scotland recently did it( though they fail but they're not giving up), 'Barcelonians' and some small towns are currently demanding for their own country in Spain. There are hundreds of nations within nations demanding for referendums in order to have their own countries.

So, people demanding for secession must always adhere to best option of separation which is PEACEFUL separation. This can always be done by first demanding for a REFERENDUM. Demanding for a referendum in order to determine whether to remain as part of a country or whether to secede is not a crime. What is a crime is when people take up arms to fight a democratic institution. This may lead to a full blown war and War is not a child's play.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
change49ja:
I believe if Igbos do really, seriously, genuinely and sincerely want Biafra nation, they will have it without a shot of gun. They do have all the human and material resources to achieve this. However, it seems the people leading the secession campaign have no clue as to what they want or how to go about it.

Moreover, with all due respect, it seems most Igbos would prefer to be in Nigeria than Biafra. I may be wrong but this is why a referendum is so important. Imagine, few months ago, the Scottish were demanding for their own country. They got a referendum but majority of Scots prefer not to leave UK.

Why I'm saying all these is that, if Igbos achieved Biafra by force through arms, it's most likely that, there might be an internal divisions among tribes, states within Biafra. This is why the way to go is through a referendum.

Unlike in the 60s, Nigeria now practice democracy today and I believe if Igbos unites and, with one voice demand for a referendum Via the United Nations, nothing can stop them. South Sudan did it, Eritrea did it, Ukrain did it, Scotland recently did it( though they fail but they're not giving up), 'Barcelonians' and some small towns are currently demanding for their own country in Spain. There are hundreds of nations within nations demanding for referendums in order to have their own countries.

So, people demanding for secession must always adhere to best option of separation which is PEACEFUL separation. This can always be done by first demanding for a REFERENDUM. Demanding for a referendum in order to determine whether to remain as part of a country or whether to secede is not a crime. What is a crime is when people take up arms to fight a democratic institutions. This may lead to a full blown war and War is not a child's play.

oga which one you dey sef ?

referendum you no gree ,self determination you no gree ,

na arm struggle na 'im go speak louder .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is a wish/plea for a death warrant. I doubt it if they could survive a month living in isolation
Foolish resolution.

5 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Obadiah77(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
Biafra is for brad dead
Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Obadiah77(m): 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dnarvaez:
This is a wish/plea for a death warrant. I doubt it if they could survive a month living in isolation
Foolish resolution.

cheesy nice one

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
give this dude a bottle of chilled Moet !
he's so on point !

3 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by cyberdurable(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
nice

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by OoduaVanguard: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Am all for Biafra, but they need to start moving en-masse back to the SE to speed up its actualization. There's no way in hell Yorubaland will host secessionist Ibos. Hell no. That will be dangerous for our security. The more they clamour for Biafra, the more other Nigerians begin to look upon them with suspicion. They should all move to the SE and I will take them seriously.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
and the biafra is real for real ,

there fore be ready to cry in your churches , no more tithes .

from biafrans they are wiser now .teta nura.

biafra kingdom

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by superstar1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
Another misinformation.

Eritrea and South Sudan fought wars with Ethiopia and Sudan respectively for years. Ukraine took advantage of the break up of the old beast USSR.

Scotland was able to achieve referendum, because UK constitution allows it. Nigeria does not.

How do you want to achieve it?
Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
superstar1:
Another misinformation.

Eritrea and South Sudan fought war for years. Ukraine took advantage of the break up of the old beast USSR.

Scotland was able to achieve referendum, because UK constitution allows it. Nigeria does not.

grin you scare man grin grin oh mine oh mine grin grin anxiety syndrome . cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by OoduaVanguard: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
and the biafra is real for real ,

there fore be ready to cry in your churches , no more tithes .

from biafrans they are wiser now .teta nura.

biafra kingdom

Dude, you're beginning to sound like a robot. Face the real salient issues or stfu. When will you start asking your almajiri kinsmen to begin heading back to the SE? You guys need to get serious about this agitation business coz you're beginning to sound like a bunch of jokers. Do the needful and ask your people to head home, coz if you don't and you continue agitating like this then you are endangering their lives in their current locations outside of the SE.

10 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by OoduaVanguard: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

shocked slow poke ,gouged snake eyes grin you dey fear .

You're obviously stu,pid for that comment. Address the issues I raised or forever hold your peace. Fvking robot!
Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by coolzeal(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
You don't want them to leave yet, The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie marginalized them in every political and public sectors of the country. It is better to fight our own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity. God bless Biafra.

7 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by superstar1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

grin you scare man grin grin oh mine oh mine grin grin anxiety syndrome . cheesy

Scared God Forbid. Over what and why should I be?

I want it to happen more than yesterday.

I am just a realist.

I want Biafra to become a reality this hour.

5 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by vayne(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Since the nigerian constitution does not make provision for referandum,what else
Anyone who thinks nigeria will hold a referandum for SE/SS,just like that...hmmm,think again.

If another civil war is what it will take for biafra to be actualise.....so be it.

6 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by jorlons(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dnarvaez:
Foolish resolution.

The Sudan case occurred as a result of frequently occurring civil wars.

The UN charter on self determination requires 60% vote in favour of the breakaway and voilà you have a country.

Now thinking of going through violence is what may be their mistake if they're not careful.

War is not fought by how wide your chest is, rather it is fought through the barrel of the gun. Whichever they choose is up to them.

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
superstar1:

Scared God Forbid. Over what and why should I be?

I want it to happen more than yesterday.

I am just a realist.

I want Biafra to become a reality this hour.

esse sir ,eku duro , wa gbaa oyel grin my good intention grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by OoduaVanguard: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
coolzeal:
You don't want them to leave yet, The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie marginalized them in every political and public sectors of the country. It is better to fight our own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity. God bless Biafra.

Oh my God!! you people are pathetic. I thought you guys are already the 'richest' tribe in Nigeria, the most this, the most that, the most developed, the most hardworking. Here you are at the same time talking about being marginalized ? ? ? I thought you guys are so self-sufficient that you don't need 'political and public sectors of the country' to make it in life? ? I don't get you guys, for real!

13 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
jorlons:

The Sudan case occurred as a result of frequently occurring civil wars.

The UN charter on self determination requires 60% vote in favour of the breakaway and voilà you have a country.

Now thinking of going through violence is what may be their mistake if they're not careful.

War is not fought by how wide your chest is, rather it is fought through the barrel of the gun. Whichever they choose is up to them.

In times past, the Igbos had been yearning for seclusion, to have their own government and jurisdiction. Its high time we fulfil their wish. Its not like Nigeria can`t exist without the Igbos. If they are planning any form of crisis, they would fail at it. The other three regions of Nigeria, out number them in size and everything. C. Odumegwu Ojukwu who was a known ruler of the Igbos, failed on his quest of dividing Nigeria. Who`s next?
I really don`t know the motive behind these schemings. They want to become a country which would perish in a short time. All I see is Biafrans gasping for breath... Biafran government my FOOT!

3 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by change49ja: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
superstar1:
Another misinformation.

Eritrea and South Sudan fought wars with Ethiopia and Sudan respectively for years. Ukraine took advantage of the break up of the old beast USSR.

A referendum took place in Southern Sudan from 9 to 15 January 2011,[1] on whether the region should remain a part of Sudan or become independent.[2][3] The referendum was one of the consequences of the 2005 Naivasha Agreement between the Khartoum central government and the Sudan People's Liberation Army/Movement (SPLA/M).
Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by wakaman: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nice proposition op but too sophisticated for yellow monkeys ( biafran specie)

someone should please find a way to translate and transcribe the following in monkey language /parlance.

Christmas is coming as usual, and usually these monkeys go to their forests and enclaves ti roost at that time of the year. They could easily call on their kind and kindred to come back for some kind of chest beating festival or whatever.
once they are gathered, they should call on amadioha or okija to turn any of their kind and kindred to turn the particular monkey to money ( biafran shiTlings)
Then they can have all the money and hair that they want, since a lot of monkeys would be turned to biafran shiTlings.
If Christmas seems to far, new yam festival is around the corner.

how do you say goodbye forever in monkey language? We would like to hear that soon.
please latest Christmas.

7 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by change49ja: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
check: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrean_independence_referendum,_1993

An independence referendum was held in Eritrea between 23 and 25 April 1993. The result was 99.83% in favour, with a 98.5% turnout.[1] Independence was declared on 27 April.
Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by superstar1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2015
change49ja:

A referendum took place in Southern Sudan from 9 to 15 January 2011,[1] on whether the region should remain a part of Sudan or become independent.[2][3] The referendum was one of the consequences of the 2005 Naivasha Agreement between the Khartoum central government and the Sudan People's Liberation Army/Movement (SPLA/M).

Referendum was preceded by years of war. Read up.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by porshuch: 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
the day I stopped believing in Biafra , was the day Theodore Orji sacked non Abia state indigene working with the state government. Nwanne munwa nwe lose o hope.

3 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by superstar1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
change49ja:
check: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrean_independence_referendum,_1993

An independence referendum was held in Eritrea between 23 and 25 April 1993. The result was 99.83% in favour, with a 98.5% turnout.[1] Independence was declared on 27 April.

Also, preceded by years of war with Ethiopia. Read up.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by coolzeal(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
OoduaVanguard:

Oh my God!! you people are pathetic. I thought you guys are already the 'richest' tribe in Nigeria, the most this, the most that, the most developed, the most hardworking. Here you are at the same time talking about being marginalized ? ? ? I thought you guys are so self-sufficient that you don't need 'political and public sectors of the country' to make it in life? ? I don't get you guys, for real!
You must realise that Igbos have more than paid for the war we fought. Though, I was not born then but the injustice and marginalization done to our people is alarming and if you're sincere you will realize that after the war. We are rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, our properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced us to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny us equity. The last election signify that, we are not one and can never be one. It's better to agitate for freedom than to remain in this unjust emptied vessel called Nigeria.
However, Biafra actualization will enable us focus on our dreams and key sectors of development. We want out, period.

5 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by OoduaVanguard: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=coolzeal post=34426467][/quote]

Poppycock! You guys are only now making noise coz you lost the plum positions you held in GEJ's government. Why didn't we hear all this when GEJ was in power? ? Your people practically ran GEJ's government to the ground, yet you have the effrontery to complain about being marginalized now abi? Why couldn't you people turn SE into a paradise during GEJ's tenure? ? Weren't Yorubas also marginalized during GEJ's tenure? You guys behave like women and lil' kids, pouting and throwing tantrums coz you're not having your way. I've said I support Biafra and it must surely succeed but you people should first of all call your people to move en masse to the SE. Period!

7 Likes

Re: If Igbos Sincerely Want Biafra.... by change49ja: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
In the case of Ukraine and other nations that forms the Soviet Union, though there wasn't a direct referendum but the minority nations like Ukraine within the Soviet Union demanded for the dissolution of the Soviet Union and Russia had no choice than to dissolve the Union.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Sector Losing N24bn Monthly To Imported Fuel –fashola / Eid-al-adha: Lamentations As Economic Hardship Affects Festival / Wyclef Jean Shot In Hand In Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.