Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria (84879 Views)

Senate Makes U-turn On SGF, Magu / Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria / Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Moana(f): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
bukster:
When I first saw the title of the thread I was horrified and extremely angry but after reading the posts in this thread it seems that law was created to impose further sanctions of people who rape minors and it doesn't actually lower the age of consent It is a welcome development but the law should definitely apply to children over the age of 11. It is appalling that although we are in the 21st century we still are not able to create laws to protect innocent children from pedophiles.
my dear don't expect the law to protect children if its the pedophiles themselves making the law.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by nonaira: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
Meti99:
I think this is about the best bill passed so far by our distinguished nigerians.
ibeg carry go
God dey heaven...

See am. See a pedo.
I hope one of the kids you molest father skins you alive one day.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Curvinus(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
The headlind is misleading. Article says life sentence for having carnal knowledge or raping a girl below 11 years. The bill does not seek to repeal other existing acts which stipulate various other punishments for sex offenders.

Try reading the article again or have somebody read it to you slowly please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by andyanders: 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sandydayz:
What the hell!!! angry angry
Pls make it 15, 11 is just too low..

Let them remove that 11 and make it 15. How can they say that an 11 yr old girl can have sex? I think Yerima must have bribed these s called members to support the abuse of minors by approving 11 yr old girl. I think the Northerners prefer to abuse children at mnor age hence the so called call for 11 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by stchinedu: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
Korrection:
nobody go fit try am with my daughter at 11...the person dey mad?
Bros forget o.
Na to train your child well and warn her of the danger at a tender age.
If dem try am as you talk, so long as no be rape, NO OFFENCE BE THAT O.
May God save us from all the pedophiles walking around as 'politicians'
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sandydayz:
What the hell!!! angry angry
Pls make it 15, 11 is just too low..
i said our Senators smoke weeds. U can imagine how dey think by agreeing to such age

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
These are pedophile senator's from pdp and apc right?

They unanimously agreed to pass such an immoral and ungodly law, so what is the difference between pdp & apc?

They are both cradle robbers.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by stchinedu: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2015
Moana:
my dear don't expect the law to protect children if its the pedophiles themselves making the law.
Great point!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by omonnakoda: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

So does it make it right because the past generation does it? Do you know the amount of children that must have been hurt sexually and emotionally?
My point is directed at those who try to characterize it as a "Muslim" issue. There have been marriages and betrothals of very young girls and (boys) in the biblical and quranic traditions as well as Western and indeed ALL human civilizations.
The question of what is right or wrong is something we cannot do justice here. I can only say I did not comment on whether it is right or wrong
please read again
What are we talking about?? the age at which a person is considered old enough(IN LAW) to consent to sex In other words below that age even if they consent their consent is deemed to be invalid and therefore is rape. This is not an emotional issue but one that requires logical thought.

This is always going to be arbitrary but I do not understand why you are asking me whether I know how many children have been hurt.What has that got to do with what I wrote and why I are you directing that at ME.Unfortunately your outburst is unnecessary sentiment. try and consider issues dispassionately.
One must ask though whether the age at which a person can consent to sex (whatever age is agreed) should be different from the age a person is considered old enough to be charged and convicted for a crime as a juvenile offender
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by 989900: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
Curvinus:
The headlind is misleading. Article says life sentence for having carnal knowledge or raping a girl below 11 years. The bill does not seek to repeal other existing acts which stipulate various other punishments for sex offenders.

Try reading the article again or have somebody read it to you slowly please.

It's a strange world; while some find it so pleasurable to read, some just can't to save their lives, and they are the rumour mongers, so quick to reply and broadcast. SMH
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Ibsgal(f): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

This is should be a watertight law, which it isn't hence the problem. Don't know what you are trying to defend.

No one is defending anything. I simply pointed out that the topic of the thread is misleading, and people should read the bill itself to get an understanding of what is going on. What the topic states and what the bill depicts are two different things.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hmmm try that with my daughter or sister and u l have to deal with me personally

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by zizytd(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
Descartes:
Buhari Administration is the first in the history of Nigeria to pass a bill allowing his paedofilic region to molest toddlers. Tufiakwa!
Mumu, it is senate of gej time

2 Likes

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by IVORY2009(m): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2015
PUSH1:
Is the punny strong @ 11?
over strong dey worry am cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by nigerhead(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2015

Erm! the law does not reduce the age of consent to 11. It says anyone that sleeps with anyone less than 11 will get life imprisonment. Surely comprehension cant be that hard.

Abi e get another part of the law wey my computer no de see?!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by 5minsmadness: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
cococandy:
Where's 5minsmadness.? grin

Carry your concern for the U.S. and come here o.
You've been so worried that from encouraging homosexuals US will one day make children legally allowed to have sex.

What about your own country?
Do you have any words for them?

Were you born in america?
Instead of you to bemoan the fate of your fellow underpriviledged and opressed womenfolk you are here gloating. See ya life!

Make I go read the op jo!

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Moana:
they want to pluck 12year olds and get away with it na grin
I just tire....... If 11 years is allowed to.... Then what's the point? cus underage marriage is being encouraged...

1 Like

Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Is it PMB fault? Blame the old fools

yang:
Hypocrisy is when u chant sai Buhai while supporting APC today and say tufiakwa tomorrow when he makes it legal to f*** your 11 year old daughter.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by allgoodlight(m): 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Am speechless,i was so happy they finally passed the sex offender bill atleast it will eradicate or reduce child sex or tourism and rape this will increase paedophile and even corrupt the mind of under age who knows about the bill am sure teenage rape will be on increase.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2015
notoriousbabe:
abeg if najoke make you stop am o,I don dey eye some boys in my hood,I must disvirg^n dem
What is this? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by seunfape(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
maybe they wanted to write 17. pastor like me cant allow my kid to do dat at age of 23 self
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Shymm3x: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lol.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by bobchigar(m): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
yang:
Hypocrisy is when u chant sai Buhai while supporting APC today and say tufiakwa tomorrow when he makes it legal to f*** your 11 year old daughter.
Use ur brain . Is Buhari part of the law makers?
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Cwhyte(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
yang:

Did PMB made the law? Or the Senators did?
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Sowie boi How old re u ? Learn to talk to elders wif respect
that he should respect elder with cricket brain? oga u re so useles,
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by SisterCaro(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
But you people always say gender equality has no place in Nigeria oya wait and see as these men yansh you 13year old sisters finish. Isn't females are inferior than men? When your sisters are used as examples to show how "inferior" women really are please do not shout "abuse".

Since people like Chimamanda are always advocating for equal and fair treatment of women and you call her all sorts of names, wait till you see how much your ignorance will cost you.
You think this bill will affect more males than females? Just wait and see what gender inequality can really do for you, they haven't started. You better start aaccompanying your 11-12 year old sisters to school like they do in Islamic countries because this is how it is going to begin. Hahaha
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by notoriousbabe: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sandydayz:

What is this? shocked shocked shocked
na gospel truth grin
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
notoriousbabe:
na gospel truth grin
Ok... Na who be dis shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
notoriousbabe:
na gospel truth grin
Ok... abeg na who be dis shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Mystiqme: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

To answer your concerns here is a draft of the bill from 2013...(Sen Anyanwu has been working on it for years).

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267639198/Nigeria-Sexual-Offences-Bill-2013#scribd

The age of consent remains unchanged.It is still 18.

I have been following you for a while. You are probably one of the more patient nairalanders I have read from. Even though I don't totally agree with this law(should be extended to all girls considered underage), I appreciate your repeated attempts to educate people, and to steer them away from bigotry.
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by notoriousbabe: 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sandydayz:

Ok... abeg na who be dis shocked shocked shocked
na notorious babe grin
Re: Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
notoriousbabe:
na notorious babe grin
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo: Inec Staff That Were Killed Today In Dukku Lga Gombe / Hauwa Liman & Alice Loksha May Be Killed Tomorrow By Boko Haram - ICRC's Alarm / Boko Haram Commander Marries Daughter Of Fulani Herdsman In Sambisa Forest - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.