Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,436 members, 7,853,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government (860 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) / The Changing Changer: A PMB Supporter's Opinions On 2014 Nyanya Vs Today (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by Francis5: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
1: He will rule Nigeria quasi-democractically. This means that he will single-handedly make many of the decisions without consulting the parliament, his deputy, his party, or other advisers. Today we hear that he disallowed his deputy from a security meeting. The parliament under this regime will be mostly lame-duck with little if any significant achievements.
2. He will make very few public announcements and will not be seen on TV granting too many interviews, especially for local media
3. He will surround himself mostly with ''gerontocrats''. He will not trust with sensitive matters anybody he is not peers (age/profession wise) with. This means that young people will be sidelined considerably
4. Old retired military boys with whom he is ''buddy buddy'' will once again loom large in the national affairs
5. He will not make any significant achievements such as with Boko Haram, job creation, improvement in health and education, etc
6. He will attempt to jail many people but he will only be partially successful as his own corrupt people (those who brought him to power) will be trapped in the bubble
7. He will surround himself mostly with northerners
8. Buhari will lead for 8 years
9. There will be severe austerity that will ramify from federal to state and local governments
10. Under this long regime, there will be a pervasive sense of tiredness and resignation among many citizens.
Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 05, 2015
P
Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by tucky200(m): 12:22am On Jun 05, 2015
Francis5:
1: He will rule Nigeria quasi-democractically. This means that he will single-handedly make many of the decisions without consulting the parliament, his deputy, his party, or other advisers. Today we hear that he disallowed his deputy from a security meeting. The parliament under this regime will be mostly lame-duck with little if any significant achievements.
2. He will make very few public announcements and will not be seen on TV granting too many interviews, especially for local media
3. He will surround himself mostly with ''gerontocrats''. He will not trust with sensitive matter anybody he is not peers (age/profession wise) with. This means that young people will be sidelined considerably
4. Old retired military boys with whom he is ''buddy buddy'' will once again loom large in the national affairs
5. He will not make any significant achievements such as with Boko Haram, job creation, improvement in health and education, etc
6. He will attempt to jail many people but he will only be partially successful as his own corrupt people (those who brought him to power) will be trapped in the bubble
9. There will be severe austerity that will ramify from federal to state and local governments
10. Under this long regime, there will be a pervasive sense of tiredness and resignation among many citizens.
Goan sleep !!!!!

5 Likes

Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by genearts(m): 2:27am On Jun 05, 2015
prophet elisha carry on

Let me know when you don get sense.

1 Like

Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by Adelaide2: 2:50am On Jun 05, 2015
Francis5:
3. He will surround himself mostly with ''gerontocrats''. He will not trust with sensitive matters anybody he is not peers (age/profession wise) with. This means that young people will be sidelined considerably

I concur. This regime is gonna be a disastrous outing
Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by socialmediaman: 4:25am On Jun 05, 2015
@francis5 I disagree

He will work with party members and professionals nominated by trusted allies, don't forget the government has powers and long eyesight to fish out the best from among Nigerians.

It was his recommendation that saw Dora Akunyili being given a chance into one of the most sensitive jobs in Nigeria by Obasanjo

it was Kwankwasor that nominated JEGA into the INEC position that did bold and remarkable (though not perfect) jobs in 2011 and 2015 which we can fine tune and improve upon

I guess we should wait and see his cabinet ministers first, it will be a very big indication of the way the administration will go, I think he'll bring many non-political technocrats on board especially from the private sector who have seen to the emergence of big strides in organizations like banks, communication companies etc

1 Like

Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by QuotaSystem: 5:04am On Jun 05, 2015
I strangely agree with some points, but 1,5,6 & 10 are complete hogwash. As for 9, where austerity exists it will not be severe and long-term but planned and cushioned.
Re: My 10 Opinions On Buhari's Unfolding Government by worksmart(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
You are still unaware that Buhari and his team have not appeared in public in Nigeria since inauguration.

President Osinbajo loading 98% ...
socialmediaman:
@francis5 I disagree

He will work with party members and professionals nominated by trusted allies, don't forget the government has powers and long eyesight to fish out the best from among Nigerians.

It was his recommendation that saw Dora Akunyili being given a chance into one of the most sensitive jobs in Nigeria by Obasanjo

it was Kwankwasor that nominated JEGA into the INEC position that did bold and remarkable (though not perfect) jobs in 2011 and 2015 which we can fine tune and improve upon

I guess we should wait and see his cabinet ministers first, it will be a very big indication of the way the administration will go, I think he'll bring many non-political technocrats on board especially from the private sector who have seen to the emergence of big strides in organizations like banks, communication companies etc

(1) (Reply)

(video) 6-yr-old Girl Gets Slapped After Greeting The Queen Of England In Wales / LOL: Man Takes Out Newspaper Advert To Apply To Be Minister / We’ve Recovered From Election Defeat – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.