Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. (4502 Views)

Lere Olayinka Is Guilty Of Forgery:here's The Original Denial Letter By Zenith / Arms Panel Prepares To Submit Report; Dambazau, Ihejirika, Indicted / DSS Arrests Azubuike Ihejirika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by zimoni(f): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2015
Anything that will bring about an end to forced-marriage is okay by me.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by SOUNDKING: 11:37am On Jun 05, 2015
IyaIode:

Lol, look at this fvctard, is it the Biafra soldiers currently rotting away in enugu prison. Idi ara
you are a very large fooool.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by MalcoImX: 11:46am On Jun 05, 2015
noblezone:

Sincere apologies for quote.
Please go back and read details of Buhari's comments and tell me on whose side he was.
Was he for Boko Haram, the North or Nigeria?
He's on the side of the truth. It was an analysis of the situation at that moment. It was a call for things to be done the right way - and what's wrong with that. I am with Buhari and Nyako - that Boko Haram has been mismanaged. I am a northerner and 100% believed that no ragtag would metamorphosed into a well,-organized killing machine without official consent. Yar'adua gave GEJ full Nigerian territory only to be given away and you're here calling on Buhari. What you should do is to call for independent inquiry into this organized genocide – and see whether your heroes will be absolved.

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by vanunu: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2015
obailala:
Nobody is going to burn any barrack in the east if Ihejirika is arrested and nobody in the east is going to leave their businesses to fight for a single man who has enriched himself and retired to his village. Forget all those jobless street urchins parading around calling themselves MASSOB, they do not have the backing of reasonable Igbos. Besides, Ihejirika isn't the only one arrested so we really need to stop this senseless clannishness. If the man is investigated and found to have committed any crime, he should face the music.

U are a big foool, for u don't know the northerners, where were u when five northern governors , led by Nyako went to the US, and and told Obama that Ihejirika and Jonathan are fighting against the northern interest.

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by bundur(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2015
The innocent doesnt make noise
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
obailala:
Why do Nigerians sentimentally block their sense of reasoning?... For crying out loud, what is too difficult to understand in Buhari's call for professionalism in the fight against BH?

Just like in Odi, Odioma, Zaki Biam, Warri and every other place the Nigerian Army has gone to enforce peace, the outcome has consistently been the same; the army ends up indiscriminately killing more innocent people than the criminals they came to fight and the elders of these areas always end up campaigning for the military to be sent away. So why now do you feel the military suddenly became saints in the north-east?... Why do you doubt the allegation that the military engaged in massive extra-judicial killings of innocent people?

@Noblezone and all others who genuinely believe that Buhari was on the side of the terrorists by his statements, I want to believe you guys are reasonable. Please put away all political, ethnic, religious, tribal and regional sentiments and answer this question honestly, IF THE ARMY IS SENT TO YOUR VILLAGE TO DESTROY A HANDFUL OF CRIMINALS AND THEY EVENTUALLY KILL HALF OF YOUR VILLAGE, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL AND WHAT WOULD BE YOUR REACTION?? If the chief of your village objects to the style of the military, how would you feel if outsiders label the chief a supporter of the criminals?

We really need to stop being insensitive when things don't concern us directly.

1. What was Buharis reaction when Boko Haram started killing innocent people?
he was mute, but found his voice when there was push for the military.

2. The Sultan too was also mute, but when Boko Haram attacked Moslems, he suddnly found his voice. He advised Boko Haram, "stop killing Moslems".

4. To be fair to Buhari, what was his reaction when Igbos were being sluaghered across Nigeira in 1966?
4. Did he invade Biafra with other Nigerians soldiers to kill innocent women and children?
5. What was the attitude of Nigerians in Biafra?

Mind you, Biafrans were not killing any body. They only ran home to protect their lives.

Buhari just like the rest of them are all hypocrites.
Did he protest the destruction Odi and Zakibiam?

Or those ones are not human beings?

How do we build Nigeria as one nation?

As much as I am against violence of any sort, as much as I am not holding brief for Ihejrika. i am saying it is hypocrisy to single them out.
If we want to tell our selves the truth, then let us have total inquiry to military abuse from 1966 till today.

Let me ask you, if there is crises in the South East or South South today and a Northern Army officer leads a military campaign that commits war crimes, will Buhari and his kin complain?

Will they not rather be boasting on the might of the Nigerian army>?

Listen bro, this thread is about Buhari. He is only a drop in the ocean.
This thread is only to expose the fraud we call a nation.

Nothing will stop this madness, except to split Nigeria.
It is time we go our separate ways, let every one rest.

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
MalcoImX:
He's on the side of the truth. It was an analysis of the situation at that moment. It was a call to for things to be done the right way - and what's wrong with that. I am with Buhari and Nyako - that Boko Haram has been mismanaged. I am a northerner and 100% believed that no ragtag would metamorphosed into a well,-organized killing machine without official consent. Yar'adua gave GEJ full Nigerian territory only to be given away and you're here calling on Buhari. What you should do is to call for independent inquiry into this organized genocide – and see whether your heroes will be absolved.

Under OBJ, Odi and zakibiam communities were wiped out by Nigerian soldiers.
Ho come that nobody is talking about genocide?
How come nobody is being tried?
Amnesty International is blind to those ones.

I blame Jonathan. He did not understand Nigeria.
If I were him, only solders from the north east will be sent to go and fight for their lands.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by MalcoImX: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
noblezone:

Under OBJ, Odi and zakibiam communities were wiped out by Nigerian soldiers.
Ho come that nobody is talking about genocide?
How come nobody is being tried?
Amnesty International is blind to those ones.

I blame Jonathan. He did not understand Nigeria.
If I were him, only solders from the north east will be sent to go and fight for their lands.
The accusations now are for bias not for the crimes.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by lomprico(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
MalcoImX:
You are the slavish goat. Isn't that echoing what Amnesty International is saying, that you don't kill extra-judicially. Ihejirika and others are paying and going through this wahala for being unprofessional and doing it their way.
You and your oga failed to show those words as you used them "in quotes", just like the way you failed to understand what he meant by the idiomatic 'dogs and baboons soaked in blood.' 75% or more of the three posts you referred to have their reports in quotation marks and nowhere were the words "Stop killing Boko Haram" in quotation marks, unless you want me to infer out of context. Buhari too is going to kill Boko Haram, but being a professional with foresight he's going to do it in such a way (in accordance with the constitution) that tomorrow won't be a hell for him.
you are a sickfuck!

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by obailala(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
vanunu:

U are a big foool, for u don't know the northerners, where were u when five northern governors , led by Nyako went to the US, and and told Obama that Ihejirika and Jonathan are fighting against the northern interest.
Fool or no fool I have made my point clear, If Ihejirika is investigated and found guilty of war crimes or corruption, he should face the music. It is only silly Igbos that would jump around defending an accused even before investigations have commenced; just like the non-entities who were defending Stella Oduah who was caught red handed making over-inflated extra-budgetary expenses. The most annoying aspect is the silly paranoid statement that "he/she is being persecuted because he's Igbo," and then I ask, are the other 3 accused guys which even includes Ihejirika's boss (Alex Badeh) also Igbo??

Anyway, thank God a majority of Igbos are not silly as yourself and as such, no reasonable Igbo person would go around bombing military barracks because of 1 man (whom we do not even know if he's innocent or not). Enough is enough of this idiotic clannishness!

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
obailala:
Fool or no fool I have made my point clear, If Ihejirika is investigated and found guilty of war crimes or corruption, he should face the music. It is only silly Igbos that would jump around defending an accused even before investigations have commenced; just like the non-entities who were defending Stella Oduah who was caught red handed making over-inflated extra-budgetary expenses. The most annoying aspect is the silly paranoid statement that "he/she is being persecuted because he's Igbo," and then I ask, are the other 3 accused guys which even includes Ihejirika's boss (Alex Badeh) also Igbo??

Anyway, thank God a majority of Igbos are not silly as yourself and as such, no reasonable Igbo person would go around bombing military barracks because of 1 man (whom we do not even know if he's innocent or not). Enough is enough of this idiotic clannishness!

Igbos are silly indeed.

Else, I wonder why Ihejirika, the man that stopped Boko Haram activities should be the one to be accused and they keep quiet.
The trial of Ihejirika is the trial of th Igbo race.
The same people said Igbos were behind Boko Haram.
The same people said Jonathan was incompetent to stop Boko Haram.
When Ihejirika stopped them, he is now accused of genocide.

Let the game continue anyway.

The fly who has no adviser will surely enter grave with a corpse.

OBJ and his army wiped out Odi and Zakibiam, I wonder why Amnesty International is not making noise.

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
MalcoImX:
The accusations now are for bias not for the crimes.

Which crimes?

It is only an allegation fro now. or is he guilty already?

My questions are as follows.
Who created boko Haram?
What was their aim aim?
What did Northern leaders do?

Ihejorika can get a life jail or even a death penality for all I care.
Just get my point that if this was a fight in Igboland, led by Northern army officers, we shall not be hearing this noise.

Like I said, Gowon, OBJ, Danjuma, Buhari and the gang, committed genocide in Biafra.
They are free an nobody is talking about it.

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by joeyfire(m): 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
Iykopee:
I call on every igbo man home and abroad to resist any attempt of taking Ihejirika to AI. No other person will be found culpable apart from ihejirika if an investigation is conducted. It was a deliberate move from a section of Nigerians to humiliate ur son. IGBOS wise up.

To be honest I welcome it because it will send a signal to other prominent igbos who think their personality can screen them from the reality of internal colonisation. They wll be forced to align their priorities going forward. Nkpali erika
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by obailala(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
noblezone:

1. What was Buharis reaction when Boko Haram started killing innocent people?
he was mute, but found his voice when there was push for the military.

2. The Sultan too was also mute, but when Boko Haram attacked Moslems, he suddnly found his voice. He advised Boko Haram, "stop killing Moslems".

4. To be fair to Buhari, what was his reaction when Igbos were being sluaghered across Nigeira in 1966?
4. Did he invade Biafra with other Nigerians soldiers to kill innocent women and children?
5. What was the attitude of Nigerians in Biafra?

Mind you, Biafrans were not killing any body. They only ran home to protect their lives.

Buhari just like the rest of them are all hypocrites.
Did he protest the destruction Odi and Zakibiam?

Or those ones are not human beings?

How do we build Nigeria as one nation?

As much as I am against violence of any sort, as much as I am not holding brief for Ihejrika. i am saying it is hypocrisy to single them out.
If we want to tell our selves the truth, then let us have total inquiry to military abuse from 1966 till today.

Let me ask you, if there is crises in the South East or South South today and a Northern Army officer leads a military campaign that commits war crimes, will Buhari and his kin complain?

Will they not rather be boasting on the might of the Nigerian army>?

Listen bro, this thread is about Buhari. He is only a drop in the ocean.
This thread is only to expose the fraud we call a nation.

Nothing will stop this madness, except to split Nigeria.
It is time we go our separate ways, let every one rest.

I do not know what is too difficult for you to understand in what I said earlier. I asked a pertinent question, "if you were from Odi, Odioma, Zaki Biam or those towns in the NE where the soldiers commit extra-judicial killings, what would have been your reaction?" It is easy to accuse Buhari of bias because you are totally disconnected from the NE, you have zero empathy and you just can't be bothered about their plight. If you have ever lost a member of your family or close friend to BH and then while still in mourning, the Nigerian Army catches and slaughters 2 of your brothers because they didnt raise their hands properly at a checkpoint, I think your point of view would definitely be different.

For once, do not reason from the angle of sentiments. I understand your bias towards Ihejirika because he's an Igbo man but sentiments unfortunately has not even allowed you to read the full list of the accused individuals:
Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika. He was Chief of Army Staff from September 2010 until he retired in January 2014.

Admiral Ola Sa'ad Ibrahim. He was Chief of Defence Staff from 4 October 2012 until 16 January 2014.

Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh. He was Chief of Defence Staff from 16 January 2014 to the time of writing.

Lt. General Ken Minimah. He was Chief of Army Staff from 16 January 2014 to the time of writing.
There are 2 northerners in the list (which includes 2 of Ihejirika's bosses), 1 south-southerner (Ihejirika's successor) and one south-easterner (Ihejirika). I personally do not care where the person is from, if they are investigated and found guilty, they should face the music.

There is a terrible tribal/clannish attitude we've always had in Nigeria which has helped perpetrate crimes and unprofessionalism. If a thief is caught, he says it's because he's from a particular section of a country and that's why he's being persecuted and then the case is dropped. For how long shall this continue?... So because military officers before Ihejirika and co have also committed crimes, so therefore your suggestion is that they shouldn't be punished (even if they are guilty)?... If we continue this cycle, when do we then get things right in the country?... If you think a division of the country would solve this problem then you are so wrong, that is when you will realise how divided we are in the south-east and south-south. It would mark a resumption of our problems in full scale and it would be even more frustrating because the clannishness would then be based on state and LGA and council differences; you would see brothers who speak the same language killing each other for the most flimsy reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by obailala(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
noblezone:

Igbos are silly indeed.

Else, I wonder why Ihejirika, the man that stopped Boko Haram activities should be the one to be accused and they keep quiet.
The trial of Ihejirika is the trial of th Igbo race.
The same people said Igbos were behind Boko Haram.
The same people said Jonathan was incompetent to stop Boko Haram.
When Ihejirika stopped them, he is now accused of genocide.

Let the game continue anyway.

The fly who has no adviser will surely enter grave with a corpse.

OBJ and his army wiped out Odi and Zakibiam, I wonder why Amnesty International is not making noise.

If Ihejirika is investigated and found to be guilty of corruption and extra-judicial killings, are you saying Igbos would be silly if they keep quiet?.. I'm sorry but the larger majority of Igbos are not silly.

So what if Ihejirika is investigated and found to be guilty of killing innocent people?... He should be allowed to go free because he stopped BH?

If you answer is yes, what if your family member was amongst the innocent people killed extra-judicially?... Would your answer to the above question still be yes?

Yes OBJ wiped out Odi and Odioma and Zaki Biam and nobody reacted to the genocide, not even Amnesty international... So does that make it a good thing?... Should such impunity and recklessness be perpetuated forever because people who did it in the past went scot free?

Why cant we just reason civilised for once?

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by MalcoImX: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
lomprico:
you are a sickfuck!
Welcome to Biafra!
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by MalcoImX: 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
noblezone:

Which crimes?

It is only an allegation fro now. or is he guilty already?

My questions are as follows.
Who created boko Haram?
What was their aim aim?
What did Northern leaders do?

Ihejorika can get a life jail or even a death penality for all I care.
Just get my point that if this was a fight in Igboland, led by Northern army officers, we shall not be hearing this noise.

Like I said, Gowon, OBJ, Danjuma, Buhari and the gang, committed genocide in Biafra.
They are free an nobody is talking about it.
You know better than many who created BH, since you have evidences that question AI's investigations.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by mildteddy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
sweetgala:

What this Amnesty International report had to do with tribe is beyond me , loons like Igbo fermenting trouble to me.
What would men included in the case who are not from southeast say!

AI should've beat around the bush a little bit, in order to make it less obvious... if they had done that, then this your question would've been a little bit relevant and 'answer-deserving'.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by mildteddy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
MalcoImX:
You are the slavish goat. Isn't that echoing what Amnesty International is saying, that you don't kill extra-judicially. Ihejirika and others are paying and going through this wahala for being unprofessional and doing it their way.
You and your oga failed to show those words as you used them "in quotes", just like the way you failed to understand what he meant by the idiomatic 'dogs and baboons soaked in blood.' 75% or more of the three posts you referred to have their reports in quotation marks and nowhere were the words "Stop killing Boko Haram" in quotation marks, unless you want me to infer out of context. Buhari too is going to kill Boko Haram, but being a professional with foresight he's going to do it in such a way (in accordance with the constitution) that tomorrow won't be a hell for him.

Obviously, you are blinded by something. I don't know what it is but it appears that it is strong enough to blot out memory as well.

Take your time and try to find out the effectiveness of Ihejirika's campaign against BH. Find out how many territories BH claimed when he was in charge... Fighting terrorism has nothing to do with conventional war games. Ihejirika protected millions of people with his VERY unconventional techniques and it WORKED and WE Nigerians are grateful for that.
If Amnesty International really think they have a case with Ihejirika, then Nigerians would be really grateful if they take him to court because he retired when we needed him most and Thousands of people died because of THAT and Hundreds of Thousand were chased away from their HOMES by BH. That is what they should charge him for!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by MalcoImX: 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
mildteddy:

Obviously, you are blinded by something. I don't know what it is but it appears that it is strong enough to blot out memory as well.

Take your time and try to find out the effectiveness of Ihejirika's campaign against BH. Find out how many territories BH claimed when he was in charge... Fighting terrorism has nothing to do with conventional war games. Ihejirika protected millions of people with his VERY unconventional techniques and it WORKED and WE Nigerians are grateful for that.
If Amnesty International really think they have a case with Ihejirika, then Nigerians would be really grateful if they take him to court because he retired when we needed him most and Thousands of people died because of THAT and Hundreds of Thousand were chased away from their HOMES by BH. That is what they should charge him for!
Why are you singling out an individual to defend? In all accusations he wasn't the only one accused. There's more to this affair that you and I don't know. I cannot at my level fault AI's or Stephen Davis' submissions. Whoever is accused, I am sure is troubled, and the best way to serve his course is to defend himself before established national and international institutions.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by focus7: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ihejirika like his people is a criminal.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by kingslly(m): 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ma question is Who is monitoring Amnesty International ? They've bin messing up ever since i came to knw about them. This is war on terrorism and not an outright war. The insurgents wear masks just to hide their faces and make it easier for them to ease bck into the society after their daily bombing yet when they are caught and dealt with AI will stary raising a false alarm. I watchd a video online where BH attacked a NA base in Bornu state and released all the pple the NA detained and they all happily went bck with the insurgents to their base singing Jihad songs along with them.
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by mildteddy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2015
MalcoImX:
Why are you singling out an individual to defend? In all accusations he wasn't the only one accused. There's more to this affair that you and I don't know. I cannot at my level fault AI's or Stephen Davis' submissions. Whoever is accused, I am sure is troubled, and the best way to serve his course is to defend himself before established national and international institutions.

Hehehehe.
Bro, international politics is deep and no one would blame anybody that tries to distance himself from any involvement. It is clear and I can agree with you that things are not always as they may seem (Remember when Uhuru Kenyatta was summoned by ICC)

If Ihejirika and others (like you pointed out) gets allowed by Nigerians to appear before ICC, then we might as well, forget about ever winning this war against BH. ICC will dictate to us how to fight BH (that ICC and AI themselves can never dream of dictating how they fight Nigeria; not killing us). Our generals will be scared of fighting BH for fear of being dragged to ICC thereafter. They will be demoralized!

This is not what we want. Amnesty International has no business in how we are trying to survive in our war against terrorist in our own home. If they really care about Nigerians, then they should give us better reasons for taking our honourably retired force-men to ICC.
I am sure that AI counted on our (Nigerians') lack of common voice, especially when it comes to what-part-of-the-country-the-person involved is from.
Given this sensitive times we are in, if AI has genuine concern, then it would be something else that will help us out, not by trying our generals when we still have a bloody war going on!
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Chiaka(f): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
Arewa Using Amnesty international. They should be more concerned about boko haram killings on daily basis.

http://acf.com.ng/executives.html
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Chiaka(f): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
mildteddy:

Arewa Using Amnesty international. They should be more concerned about boko haram killings on daily basis.

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
obailala:

If Ihejirika is investigated and found to be guilty of corruption and extra-judicial killings, are you saying Igbos would be silly if they keep quiet?.. I'm sorry but the larger majority of Igbos are not silly.

So what if Ihejirika is investigated and found to be guilty of killing innocent people?... He should be allowed to go free because he stopped BH?

If you answer is yes, what if your family member was amongst the innocent people killed extra-judicially?... Would your answer to the above question still be yes?

Yes OBJ wiped out Odi and Odioma and Zaki Biam and nobody reacted to the genocide, not even Amnesty international... So does that make it a good thing?... Should such impunity and recklessness be perpetuated forever because people who did it in the past went scot free?

Why cant we just reason civilised for once?

It means you did not really understand the pint of my argument.
Bros, this thread is not about Ihejirika and whether he is guilty or not.

I am just brining to the fore, the hypocrisy of the nation called Nigeria.

I am saying if this alleged war crime was committed in Igbo lands by Northern officers; there will be nothing like this Amnesty International whatever.

Let Ihejirika if found guilty, be punished accordingly.
However not that if a similar thing happened tomorrow and person involved is a Northern officer, nothing will come out of it.

I am telling you that this is happening simply because, the north is involved.
Their lives count, ours dont.

Can you remember the APO six killings?
Nothing came out of it. The northern officers involved are free.
Were the reverse to be the case, those officers would have been dealt with since.

I am saying that justice and equity in Nigeria is tilted.

Bros, almost every week you hear of fulani herdsmen attack. What has Nigeria done about it?

Assuming it is Igbos that are doing this killings, what do you think would have happened?
Will Nigeria keep quiet?
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
mildteddy:

Hehehehe.
Bro, international politics is deep and no one would blame anybody that tries to distance himself from any involvement. It is clear and I can agree with you that things are not always as they may seem (Remember when Uhuru Kenyatta was summoned by ICC)

If Ihejirika and others (like you pointed out) gets allowed by Nigerians to appear before ICC, then we might as well, forget about ever winning this war against BH. ICC will dictate to us how to fight BH (that ICC and AI themselves can never dream of dictating how they fight Nigeria; not killing us). Our generals will be scared of fighting BH for fear of being dragged to ICC thereafter. They will be demoralized!

This is not what we want. Amnesty International has no business in how we are trying to survive in our war against terrorist in our own home. If they really care about Nigerians, then they should give us better reasons for taking our honourably retired force-men to ICC.
I am sure that AI counted on our (Nigerians') lack of common voice, especially when it comes to what-part-of-the-country-the-person involved is from.
Given this sensitive times we are in, if AI has genuine concern, then it would be something else that will help us out, not by trying our generals when we still have a bloody war going on!

Perhaps, AI should come and fight Boko Haram, so they can fight "clean".

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
obailala:
I do not know what is too difficult for you to understand in what I said earlier. I asked a pertinent question, "if you were from Odi, Odioma, Zaki Biam or those towns in the NE where the soldiers commit extra-judicial killings, what would have been your reaction?" It is easy to accuse Buhari of bias because you are totally disconnected from the NE, you have zero empathy and you just can't be bothered about their plight. If you have ever lost a member of your family or close friend to BH and then while still in mourning, the Nigerian Army catches and slaughters 2 of your brothers because they didnt raise their hands properly at a checkpoint, I think your point of view would definitely be different.

For once, do not reason from the angle of sentiments. I understand your bias towards Ihejirika because he's an Igbo man but sentiments unfortunately has not even allowed you to read the full list of the accused individuals:

There are 2 northerners in the list (which includes 2 of Ihejirika's bosses), 1 south-southerner (Ihejirika's successor) and one south-easterner (Ihejirika). I personally do not care where the person is from, if they are investigated and found guilty, they should face the music.

There is a terrible tribal/clannish attitude we've always had in Nigeria which has helped perpetrate crimes and unprofessionalism. If a thief is caught, he says it's because he's from a particular section of a country and that's why he's being persecuted and then the case is dropped. For how long shall this continue?... So because military officers before Ihejirika and co have also committed crimes, so therefore your suggestion is that they shouldn't be punished (even if they are guilty)?... If we continue this cycle, when do we then get things right in the country?... If you think a division of the country would solve this problem then you are so wrong, that is when you will realise how divided we are in the south-east and south-south. It would mark a resumption of our problems in full scale and it would be even more frustrating because the clannishness would then be based on state and LGA and council differences; you would see brothers who speak the same language killing each other for the most flimsy reasons.

There is something you guys has failed to understand about the point I raised.
This post is not about Ihejirika and whether he is guilty or not.
It is about Nigeria and how some lives are more precious than others.

Were this alleged war crimes were to be in the South East or even South South, we will not be hearing this noise.
There was an Apo Six murders by northern police officers, that case has died.
Amnesty International do not hear of such.

Am I saying crimes should not be punished?
No way.

I am saying we need to split Nigeria. Justice has a different meaning.

Let me ask you, if Gowon, OBJ, Buhari, Danjuma and others are dragged to the ICC today of the war crimes in Biafra, what will be the reaction of the North? How will Nigeria handle it?
They will just start singing a different song.

1 Like

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
mildteddy:

The real anger of the north is that Ihejirika crippled Boko Haram.
The "war crime" allegation is a cover to punish him for that.
Lest we forget, "Military action against Boko haram is war against the north".
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
focus7:
Ihejirika like his people is a criminal.
a
Yea we know.

Shekau like Usman Dan Fodio like his people are all holy people.
Messengers of Allah who shed blood in holiness.

It is called Holy war.

Congratulations bro.

3 Likes

Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by shaqhead: 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
kettykings:

If nzeogwu didn't strike awolowo would have rotted in jail like Abiola the same Ojukwu came back to Nigeria lived for another 30 years and was buried a hero
You forgot to add he contested to be president of this country Nigeria which he ddnt believe in-talk about duplicity!

Aand u folks ddnt vote for ur hero!
Re: Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty. by obailala(m): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
noblezone:

There is something you guys has failed to understand about the point I raised.
This post is not about Ihejirika and whether he is guilty or not.
It is about Nigeria and how some lives are more precious than others.

Were this alleged war crimes were to be in the South East or even South South, we will not be hearing this noise.
There was an Apo Six murders by northern police officers, that case has died.
Amnesty International do not hear of such.

Am I saying crimes should not be punished?
No way.

I am saying we need to split Nigeria. Justice has a different meaning.

Let me ask you, if Gowon, OBJ, Buhari, Danjuma and others are dragged to the ICC today of the war crimes in Biafra, what will be the reaction of the North? How will Nigeria handle it?
They will just start singing a different song.

Now this is the exact problem the Igbos are suffering from, 'post civil war Paranoia;' we always feel everyone is out to get us but that is very bad and would never take us anywhere. My brother, I will start by saying first of all that nothing will come out of this case against Ihejirika and co. so hold your peace.

Secondly, contrary to your claims, the case is not being visited by Amnesty International or any other group because it happened in the north; that is absolutely not true and we need to totally expunge this paranoid reasoning from our psyches. After the Odi, Odioma and Zaki Biam massacres, Amnesty international also tried to raise some dust but as usual, the cases died a natural death. You can google to confirm: http://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/nigeria-killings-government-soldiers-must-be-investigated

I find it rather rash and appalling that you could not take a second to google this before you arrived at your paranoid conclusion that 'some lives are more precious than others'

Once again, I urge you and every other south-easterner to expunge the paranoid attitude cos it helps no one at all. I particularly have noticed this a lot amongst the Igbos. We always feel we are being cheated or marginalised but a proper observation would reveal that just about every other ethnic group or geographical region is EQUALLY marginalised by our thieving political class (past and present). I wouldn't forget in a hurry when Stella Oduah was caught making extra-budgetary expenses at inflated rates, the moment the scandal broke out, some Igbos immediately jumped into defensive mode claiming she was being persecuted 'because she was Igbo. That was the most distasteful public show of paranoia by the Igbos and things like that really needs to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari, Now That The Police IG Clearly Defied Your Order What Next / Man Down! Oyo Lawmaker, Temitope Olatoye Sugar Has Been Shot / That Brought USA Travel Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.