Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. (2155 Views)

Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) / Why Tinubu Will Not Allow Fashola To Be Made Minister By Pres. Buhari / Fashola Or Fayemi To Emerge Chief Of Staff To Pres. Buhari – Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
Am not a Yoruba man, but as a Nigerian we need a progressive government. Buhari should ask Fashola or Peter Obi to help him run the government, he seems to be far from reality ( just an advice).
I didn't vote APC, but the like of Fashola and Peter Obi are rare gems. If good policies are inerted it will affect us all, irrespective of tribe.
The image Buhari is enjoying now, was built by Nzeogu his deputy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by holuwatobhy(m): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
u get am,
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by temifisayo(f): 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
yeah right
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by busuyem: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Same thing in my mind.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by hadura29(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
Good idea but don't you feel Fashola is now more of a politician than the technocrat we use to know him as!!!!

Just saying.,,

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by NSNA: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
So that he can put the country in gbese debt

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by knightsTempler: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
You saying in earnest that Buhari is incompetent to run a government?

Well...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by RHP(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
Point of correct @Op Fashola should be part of his govt and not running it for PMB.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by winniz: 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
This Yoruba people are really funny which fashola? same Fashola that left Lagos with over 400b debt after all the Igr they claim Lagos generate undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by BoosBae(f): 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
Senseless post...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
Kindly keep your advise. President Buhari will decide on merit and other factors.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
NSNA:
...never mind the guy. He wants Fashola to make Nigeria go bankrupt...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by stevecantrell: 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
winniz:
This Yoruba people are really funny which fashola? same Fashola that left Lagos with over 400b debt after all the Igr they claim Lagos generate undecided

Its not about Yoruba or any tribe. its all about poverty of thought and a lack of genuine ideas..
God will reveal the true leaders of this country soon enough.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kingslly(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
So whats so special about Fashola? I tire for these Yoruba pple

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
hadura29:
Good idea but don't you feel Fashola is now more of a politician than the technocrat we use to know him as!!!!

Just saying.,,
He's not a typical Nigerian politician, he's more of a technocrat.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
[size=18pt]What is the difference between these two pics?[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2484235_cgvnnavwcaezfb6_jpegbce23161a6e0d72cf2fa75b2ce820228

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
NSNA:
My brother am an Igbo guy with a deep knowlegde of Economics, the debt of Lagos is nothing considering how much they generate annually. Presently, their dept is propotional to their revenue. If you need data analysis l will gladly do that,thanks.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by talktimi(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
kernel504:
[s]Am not a Yoruba man, but as a Nigerian we need a progressive government. Buhari should ask Fashola to help him run the government, he seems to be far from reality ( just an advice).[/s]
RUBBISH Buhari was elected president and not Fashola
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
winniz:

Nwanne, listen. If Lagos is owing N400 billion, with lots of capital projects that can generate revenue at the long run that's good. Secondly, they generate as much as N400 billion annually, meaning they can easily reduce over-head cost of running governance and within three years they will be debt free.
Peter Obi is a case study, he inherited debt, but the end of his administration, he left N60-N70 billion, with lots of mega capital project done and dusted.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by tonychristopher: 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
kernel504:

My brother am an Igbo guy with a deep knowlegde of Economics, the debt of Lagos is nothing considering how much they generate annually. Presently, their dept is propotional to their revenue. If you need data analysis l will gladly do that,thanks.
Hmmm so u have it
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
talktimi:
Løök Fashola and Peter Obi can restructure his administration. Fashola was'nt doing everything in Lagos, he "allowed" competent individuals to manage Lagos, while he runs away with the praise as the Governor.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
tonychristopher:

Hmmm so u have it
Idi funny nwa guy.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
kernel504:
He's not a typical Nigerian politician, he's more of a technocrat.
technocrat in witchcrafting, we no need am.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
talktimi:
I didn't vote APC, but the like of Fashola and Peter Obi are rare gem. If good policies are inerted it will affect us all, irrespective of tribe.
The image Buhari is enjoying now, was built by Nzeogu his deputy.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Ibok, l get your point, but leadership is not without individual frialties. Am concerned about the overall performance.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by stevecantrell: 7:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
I didn't vote for Fashola...how many of you voted him in the last election ? Upside down thinking remains the bane of the average Nigerian.

Its ironic that this same Buhari truncated the rule of one the best politicians/technochrats and visionaries - Lateef Jakande. If Jakande was 20 years younger, he'd be my choice. Forget his flop free education schools. This man saw the Lagos we know today 30 years ago.
Who knows where Lagos might have been by now, without the coup of '83.

What has Peter Obi done for Anambra all those years ? Even Obiano seems understand the expectation of his people better than Obi.

The real leaders of Nigeria are yet to surface, but its almost time.

Nigerians will soon end their romance with these opportunist, psuedo-leaders.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by Flets: 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
Please can someone educate me further on this subject?

Now lets leave Propaganda aside..... I need someone to outline 3 key things fashola did that points to ingenuity

Lagos state has the highest IGR in the country yet resposnible for over 40% of total national local debts
For a state that generates over 40 billion naira monthly from IGR and allocations, Where are the capital intensive projects embarked upon by Fashola's admininstration?
Lagos state is already a commercial hub before Fashola became governor.... how did Fashola improve the commercial attractivesness of lagos?...
What policies aimed at attracted investors was put in place by Fashola?
What jobs were created by Fashola's govt (dont mention Lastma) and how did his govt support the middle class or SMEs?
Fashola fixed roads and planted flowers, so did Sullivan Chime of Enugu, Akpabio of Akwaibom, Kwankwaso of Kano, Peter Obi of Anambra.... etc; what makes him stand out?
Increasing tax rates and imposing levies on okada riders, shop owners etc is no ingenuity for raising IGR.... What exactly did he do?
Does deporting Nigerians in Nigeria and dumping them under a bridge in the wee hours of the morning sound like an act of a sound mind?

As a matter of fact, people like Fashola should not be allowed anywhere close to this current govt. Fashola's understanding of governance only support the elites which is averse to the touted Buhari's govt for the masses.
Fixing an existing road and tolling it is the height of insensitivity..... and the first in Nigeria by a state government. Imagine if every state government follows the Fashola template by tolling roads built using tax payer's money or allocation accruing to a state.... we would have about 25 tolls in akwa-ibom, 20 in enugu, 23 in anambra....etc.
Fashola and Amaechi led the governors to demand and share the Soverign wealth fund which led to crash of our economy
Fashola filed a suit against signing the Freedom of Information Bill in Lagos state

Unfortunately, we Nigerians hardly reason beyond our noses... and that is why propaganda sells
Fashola looked like a performer because he took over from a a failed Tinubu under whom Lagos collapsed.
Fashola is an average politician and not even near a technocrat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
stevecantrell:
I didn't vote for Fashola...how many of you voted him in the last election ? Upside down thinking remains the bane of the average Nigerian.

Its ironic that this same Buhari truncated the rule of one the best politicians/technochrats and visionaries - Lateef Jakande. If Jakande was 20 years younger, he'd be my choice. Forget his flop free education schools. This man saw the Lagos we know today 30 years ago.
Who knows where Lagos might have been by now, without the coup of '83.

What has Peter Obi done for Anambra all those years ? Even Obiano seems understand the expectation of his people better than Obi.

The real leaders of Nigeria are yet to surface, but its almost time.

Nigerians will soon end their romance with these opportunist, psuedo-leaders.

Look young man, if you have problems comprehending articles, then complete your education first.
Since when did voting a candidate of one's choice turn crime? So because Barack Obama is of the Democratic party, he should then marginalize the Republicans? I don't want to believe you have a black brain, just been figurative.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by Dollyak(f): 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
How are you sure those people will perform on national level?
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by stevecantrell: 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
kernel504:

Look young man, if you have problems comprehending articles, then complete your education first.
Since when did voting a candidate of one's choice turn crime? So because Barack Obama is of the Democratic party, he should then marginalize the Republicans? I don't want to believe you have a black brain, just been figurative.

Lol ! I would have taken you seriously, if you understood my post is not about APC/PDP.
Didn't you see that ? Please tell me you saw that..

Let me recommend IELTS test to sharpen your comprehension skills. People are so quick to type here...smh !
And I think at the moment, my brain should by slightly pink from adequate perfusion by oxyhaemoglobin.
Thank you.
Re: Buhari Should Allow Fashola or Peter Obi To Help Him Run The Government. by kernel504(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Flets:
Please can someone educate me further on this subject?

Now lets leave Propaganda aside..... I need someone to outline 3 key things fashola did that points to ingenuity

Lagos state has the highest IGR in the country yet resposnible for over 40% of total national local debts
For a state that generates over 40 billion naira monthly from IGR and allocations, Where are the capital intensive projects embarked upon by Fashola's admininstration?
Lagos state is already a commercial hub before Fashola became governor.... how did Fashola improve the commercial attractivesness of lagos?...
What policies aimed at attracted investors was put in place by Fashola?
What jobs were created by Fashola's govt (dont mention Lastma) and how did his govt support the middle class or SMEs?
Fashola fixed roads and planted flowers, so did Sullivan Chime of Enugu, Akpabio of Akwaibom, Kwankwaso of Kano, Peter Obi of Anambra.... etc; what makes him stand out?
Increasing tax rates and imposing levies on okada riders, shop owners etc is no ingenuity for raising IGR.... What exactly did he do?
Does deporting Nigerians in Nigeria and dumping them under a bridge in the wee hours of the morning sound like an act of a sound mind?

As a matter of fact, people like Fashola should not be allowed anywhere close to this current govt. Fashola's understanding of governance only support the elites which is averse to the touted Buhari's govt for the masses.
Fixing an existing road and tolling it is the height of insensitivity..... and the first in Nigeria by a state government. Imagine if every state government follows the Fashola template by tolling roads built using tax payer's money or allocation accruing to a state.... we would have about 25 tolls in akwa-ibom, 20 in enugu, 23 in anambra....etc.
Fashola and Amaechi led the governors to demand and share the Soverign wealth fund which led to crash of our economy
Fashola filed a suit against signing the Freedom of Information Bill in Lagos state

Unfortunately, we Nigerians hardly reason beyond our noses... and that is why propaganda sells
Fashola looked like a performer because he took over from a a failed Tinubu under whom Lagos collapsed.
Fashola is an average politician and not even near a technocrat.

I salute your political savvy, bravo. I agree with you, when made you said eeeem!!! Something regarding deportation of Nigerians from Lagos, that was ill. Like l said to Ibok, leadership is not without individual frialties. The names you have on your list are truly rare gems. But this man and Pete are outstanding for me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Man Falls Off Train At Agege, Lagos; Gets Crushed Into Parts / Buhari Yet To Visit Southwest / Pics 4rm The Meeting Of Buhari,Osinbajo,Saraki,Dogara,Godswill Akpabio & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.