Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari (35528 Views)

'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun / Dr Akinwwunmi Adesina: How I Met President Jonathan / Tinubu Receives Shocker In Dubai As Adeyemi Asks Him 'why Serve Buhari'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by lalasticlala(m): 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
Popular Journalist and President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE), Mr. Femi Adesina who was recently appointed Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Buhari has taken to twitter to express how he feels about leaving his job with Daily Sun Newspaper to take over the new appointment.

” How do you begin a valedictory piece? How do you start to say goodbye to people you have shared almost everything with .

Next week, I will formally resume the position I’ve been offered. Have I now changed my opinion about serving in government? No.

So, why am I going? Simple.

Because it is a Muhammadu Buhari government. He can make a difference in Nigeria and he needs all good hands on deck. Do I consider myself a good hand?

“Let me leave the answer to the Publisher of this newspaper…Dr Orji Uzor Kalu.

When I first discussed the idea of going to serve in government with him, he first let out a big sigh.He kept quiet for some minutes, and then said:

“Baba Femo (that’s how he calls me). You have my blessings to go and serve.because President Buhari will need good people round him. But the government will never know the sacrifice I’m making by letting you go.

You run my business honestly, and have returned the highest profit so far in the history of the company.

The investors, the staff, everyone is happy. But I will make the sacrifice, and release you to serve in government….Since the news of my impending exit broke, not a few staff members v come to my ofce to weep. Some rain had fallen from my eyes, too.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/FemAdesina/status/606850524168757248

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by agarawu23(m): 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
why am I going? simple. because it is a Muhammad Buhari government. He can make a difference in Nigeria

best answer Sir cool

God bless Nigeria.

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Abduletudaye(m): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hmmmm...ok... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by ginawest(f): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Upnepaa(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
4th to comment no bad for lala's post
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by vedd: 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
Higher calling. My sincere prayers cool

8 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by lurther: 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
Woooooow! It should actually be a thing of joy, that your employee is been elevated to a new and higher status.

Atleast, Orji uzor kalu will be recognized as a stepping stone to the ladder of success of Femi Adesina.

Kudos Orji-uzor kalu for recognizing an intellectual Giant.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by M0GIDI: 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
Hypocrisy!!
Same one that criticised Abati and Dr Okupe, same Adesina that berates journalist serving in govt.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Elslim: 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
ooook ooh
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by san316(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
I'm not here to comment on the topic because I don't care about those dudes.

My interest is to be on fp since it was opened by lalasicclara.

My interest in wanting to be on FP is to say make Una pray for me ooo. I get MPR tomorrow and it is a make or mar encounter.

Ok. Una bye bye ooo.

8 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by 9jii(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Redoil: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
Combination of Yoruba and igbo people will surely take nigeria to a greater height.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by nke001: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
No permanent friend or foe, just permanent interest!

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by DanceVille: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
Don't miss the tomorrow's Uefa Champions League Final Match between Juventus Vs Barcelona in Berlin...
Join the Thread
www.nairaland.com/2312490/ucl-final-2014-15-barcelona
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Escalze(m): 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
I have nothing to say!
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
Is he going there becoz of the passion he has for it or going there for the money and publicity.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by StepTwo: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
Money.....money......Money
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by ndcide(m): 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
i think he is having an exaggerated opinion about himself. he wants to play in another turf. he has his job cutout.

so between him and he other mallam, who should we take seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by chimerase2: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
And what's so special abt it undecided

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by ZeroTolerance: 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
Igbos continue to provide their "hosts" with employment opportunities.

25 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by philaw(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
Booked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
[size=18pt]What is the difference between these two pics?[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2484235_cgvnnavwcaezfb6_jpegbce23161a6e0d72cf2fa75b2ce820228

10 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by tucky200(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
Cool
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by saintikechi(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sorry o...... Baba femo, in few months you will know the mistake you have made. Buhari cannot make a diference in this "zoo"

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by missKiffy(f): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by saintgh: 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
[quote author=saintikechi post=34465772]Sorry o...... Baba femo, in few months you will know the mistake you have made. Buhari cannot make a diference in this "zoo"

y do u live a sad or miserable life seeing others suceed..he has just taking a good step foward in his career which is promising..besides hw do u no buhari who has barely spent a week dat h going to fail..

11 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by BabaNath(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
T
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by phestade(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
Buhari's Okupe
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by DropShot: 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
M0GIDI:
Hypocrisy!!
Same one that criticised Abati and Dr Okupe, same Adesina that berates journalist serving in govt.
Did he criticize them for serving in govt or criticize there activities and the govt's?

13 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by saintikechi(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
saintgh:
[color=#006600][/color]

wetin dis wan dey talk?
Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by adorablepepple(f): 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
"So, why am I going? Simple.

Because it is a Muhammadu Buhari government. He can make a difference in Nigeria and he needs all good hands on deck. Do I consider myself a good hand?"
Epic response

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: How Orji Kalu Reacted About My Leaving 'Daily Sun' To Serve Buhari by CR77(f): 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
Difference is that PMB look sick and GEJ look healthy
BackDatAssUp:
[size=18pt]What is the difference between these two pics?[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2484235_cgvnnavwcaezfb6_jpegbce23161a6e0d72cf2fa75b2ce820228

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9th House: Meet Gbajabiamila’s Men (and Women) / Junior Pope's Wife, Jennifer, Surprises Him On Set With Ps5 On His Birthday / Julius Pondi, Wife & Kids Wear Tompolo's 46th Birthday Customized T-Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.