Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) (38925 Views)

Soldier Who Was Killed In Sambisa Forest Buried Today In Maiduguri. Photos / Coffins Of Ocholi, His Wife And Son, To Be Buried Today (Photos) / Obasanjo's Sister, Adunni-oluniola Eweje-obasanjo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by soji1992: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by soji1992: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by gbaskiboy: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

DEATH!!! angry
grin
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by phrancky(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
RIP
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by juman(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hiss.

nigeria has less than 4k MW of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by harry509: 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
exlink10:
The burial of the late younger sister to the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Madam Esther Adunni Eweje née Obasanjo is holding right now in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital. A source told us that due to Yoruba tradition, it is improper to see the body of a late younger sibling, therefore Obasanjo was absent at Owo baptist Church were the ceremony took place.

She died on Tuesday, May 19 in a private hospital at Ota, in Ado Odo/Ota Local Government Area of the state.She was aged 76. Dignitaries present are former oyo state Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, Oyo state governor Abiola Ajimobi, -

: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/06/obasanjos-sisters-burial-as-it-happens.html#sthash.ROVh2qxO.dpuf

R.I.P
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by jaydude(f): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
gbaskiboy:
Wetin kill her?

Na death cry
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by funmilade4real(m): 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
Flets:
RIP to the dead
Obj is a very controversial man.
Is he the only traditional man burying a sister?
Ode ni e
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by basty: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

what kind of stupid tradition is that?

You will be silly for ever for a silly jab.

1 Like

Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by gamechanger042: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lol owu baptist church
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by gidjah(m): 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
Flashh:
How do expect me to wish her RIP with pure mind... When during the tenure of brother her brother as the president of this country (Nigeria) he made life difficult for us, but God so good we off come it.

If are her life pure may her soul rest in peace and if her life isn't... That one is with her and God.
his govt was filled with saints considered to dat of ur brother jona, so stop displaying ignorance brother
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by missKiffy(f): 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

Pls don't call other people's tradition sily

2 Likes

Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by chaxking(m): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
redcliff:
Na wa o. Na why them put their watermark on the picture? Doesnt make sense at all
u need to learn to mind ur business, Na ur grand mother
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by tonero230(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
exlink10:
The burial of the late younger sister to the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Madam Esther Adunni Eweje née Obasanjo is holding right now in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital. A source told us that due to Yoruba tradition, it is improper to see the body of a late younger sibling, therefore Obasanjo was absent at Owo baptist Church were the ceremony took place.

She died on Tuesday, May 19 in a private hospital at Ota, in Ado Odo/Ota Local Government Area of the state.She was aged 76. Dignitaries present are former oyo state Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, Oyo state governor Abiola Ajimobi, -

: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/06/obasanjos-sisters-burial-as-it-happens.html#sthash.ROVh2qxO.dpuf

Plz,how do i post something just as you posted about obj sis burial?
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by Maerluhubhi: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Life is nothing
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by anulaxad(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

I don't need to insult, your ignorance is insulting enough.

To begin,it can be too overwhelming for older siblings and parents to go to the funeral as it is expected in Yoruba tradition that the younger family members will live longer than the elders.

The pain and grieve can be so much that it can cause many problems, hence parents are not allowed to visit or know their child's burial site and while older siblings are advised not to attend the funeral.

1 Like

Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by holytribe(m): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
U
gbaskiboy:
Wetin kill her?

Death
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by lukas280(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
hmmmm my take is this, if she is 76 years then baba should b like 80 or 85 years Na....... hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by ojosegun2011(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
We celebrate you mama, we also commiserate with Baba Obasanjo your brother on the great loss to him and the entire family. Mama rest in the bosom of your lord jesus. Adieu.
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by Ymodulus: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
anulaxad:

I don't need to insult, your ignorance is insulting enough.

To begin,it can be too overwhelming for older siblings and parents to go to the funeral as it is expected in Yoruba tradition that the younger family members will live longer than the elders.

The pain and grieve can be so much that it can cause many problems, hence parents are not allowed to visit or know their child's burial site and while older siblings are advised not to attend the funeral.

Advised is better. Than not go at all. Beside no pence but this explanation owes no water. I just see superstition in practice here
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by Khaihsan(m): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
I don't think you have a tradition
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by adwem2003(m): 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

You are stupid, no apologies.
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

you are the stupi d one that can't respect other traditions
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by yhemsy62(m): 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
gbaskiboy:
Wetin kill her?
visit google ASAP!
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by IYANGBALI: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
did baby cly?
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by millionboi(m): 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
gbaskiboy:
Wetin kill her?
Na death ooooo
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 07, 2015
why nor be oby dem bury abi ground for abeokuta don full?
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by momo22: 6:09am On Jun 07, 2015
Ymodulus:

Advised is better. Than not go at all. Beside no pence but this explanation owes no water. I just see superstition in practice here
Why not mind your own tradition and stop bothering yourself? By the way you are from where?
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by Generalkorex(m): 6:10am On Jun 07, 2015
Ymodulus:

dats yoruba tradition.
I remember there a time my grandma didnt attend a family member burial,then I asked my mum and she told me that older people are advised not to go to younger people burial.
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by Generalkorex(m): 6:11am On Jun 07, 2015
momo22:

Why not mind your own tradition and stop bothering yourself? By the way you are from where?
north
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by NobleG1(m): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2015
Death left the evil (Obasanjo) it should have killed, but instead went after his sister.

Death can be very st*upid sometimes.
Re: Esther Adunni-Eweje, Obasanjo's Sister Buried Today: (pictures) by idriskolly: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2015
R.I.P

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Lawyers Bring Boxes Of Evidence To Election Tribunal (Video) / Joe Igbokwe Caught Posting Fake Pictures Of Uyo APC Rally / Photos: INEC Official Caught With Thumb-Printed Ballot Papers In Ajeromi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.