Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road (24758 Views)

Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by wabada(f): 3:46am On Sep 20, 2006
hi, if you want i can give you the details of my husbands friend that did thesame journey 2 years ago. its was him and a female friend. I saw the pictures - literarily thousands of snaps. i think it took them almost a month if i remember correctly. They had tents with them, they set it on the car because of creepy crawlies.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by faajilawa(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2006
Whats all this talk of the trip taking 2 months ,3 months bla bla bla.From London to France through calais takes less than a day then straight on down through south of france into Spain and down to Morroco bang you are in Africa.dont know the African end well but i can imagine a week at the most.So the whole trip shouldnt take more than 2 weeks max.with rest breaks and all.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by zebudaya(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2006
@bhola

nice!
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2006
Old Shame:

Economy Class to the UK will be more expensive than this trip. Plus you cannot put a monetary value on the thrill factor and just like the Mastercard commercial goes:

Boots for the Outdoors:$35
Soap,Cologne and Toiletries:$45
Road Trip from London to Lagos: Priceless grin grin grin grin

Haha good one man grin grin
So when is we going on de journey home?
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by OldGlory1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2006
Josboy

I cannot do Yankee to Nigeria by Sea, talkless of Road. Hell No.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2006
Haba, we will meet our entourage in London
Then from there we will all proceed to Naija, vehicle style
I think we be ridin' durtyy
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by lionheart(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2006
Who brought this Idea ? Well , thats what happens when u smoke 99 cent bag of Weed . undecided and u find urself in lala land . . .Guys stick to the $5 bags at least U'll think u can fly grin grin . Anyway , guys good luck cuz I'm 2 young 2 die , at least let me have kids first . grin grin grin . Seun abeg close this thread b4 dem hold u responsible 4 failure 2 report suicides grin grin grin
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by qleyo(f): 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2006
[quote="komekn"]Replying to a few concernns, Gleyo-- i drove from Koblenz, Germany to Manchester in 9 hours including 2 hour ferry ride and got stuck in traffic on the M25 and it was not a Ferrari.[/quote]

When I say 2 days its not a straight drive, he stopped in france before continuing to germany. Like wise for my other friends (actually colleagues at work) they actually drove from london to switzerland to italy. I didn't do it because petrol + ferry costs then (as I was in Nottingham) outweighed easy jet flight to france smiley

Meanwhile you haven't answered my GPS questions, it would be nice to see time/speed/distance data using GPS for future explorers.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by LoverBwoy(m): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2006
i have a feeling some whiteboys will be beat us to it AND start selling us the idea cry  some peoplel are bothered with being too young to die  wink
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by doe: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2006
komekn,

Are u in the UK? We should get in toch. I think a plan need to be put in motion over the next 12 months. I am thinking more along the lines of a charity ride now. So if u are game dromp me an email. Dannyosa1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by doe: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2006
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by layifioren(m): 3:51am On Sep 24, 2006
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by babwilms(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2006
Why not walk from London to Nigeria? All in the name of trying to save money. The person who started this thread must be an Ijebu man.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2006
i think its a great idea
but like everyone has said you need a lot of planning

contacting the nigerian who has done this before NEWTON JIBUNOH is imperative as well as contacting the embassies and governments of the countries you'll be passing through is IMPORTANT for ease of passage

sides that you'll all have to come up with a cause that way you can get support,

i'd love to see this covered on TV

just keep us posted

it'll be like the ULTIMATE RIDE
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by kezola(f): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2006
[/color][color=#000099] na wa 4 all of una,na so british embassy do una,no b by force to enter jand,make u no com no hw 2 com back,,u no buy return ticket abi na by sea u take enter,so much for dem adventure, i tink it's a stupid idea,
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by jplus: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2006
Well, I must say to you all that the trip is not that difficult but you must have a complete ruote to take. I've experienced it when coming back home from The Gambia.

The Route goes like this :

The Gambia - Senegal - Mali - Burkina Faso - Cotonou - Lagos.

I don't really know that of UK but it's possible when group of people are facing the trip. And also Morroco to Spain is not easy to cross, Please beware.

Just like that . LIVE IS ADVENTURE ,

JPLUS
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by jplus: 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2006
Sorry for the typographical error , Its LIFE not live.

LIFE IS ADVENTURE .

JPLUS
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2006
We that are ready for this journey are courageous people!
if na classroom sitting, we would be at the front!
if na wartime, we would be de first wave!

Life is an adventure like jplus said, lets enjoy it while it last
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2006
When are We going to start the journey? cry cry cry
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by LoverBwoy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2006
not anytime soon, not this year even!! you dont just wake up and go wink

planning will take about 6months to 2years to be honest ( sponsorship,mechanic training, and all the paperworks/security)
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2006
Nice pic loverbwoy, hahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by lipshell(f): 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2006
guys go for it afterall u are nijas and people get robbed everyday,during stricts u can trek from one end of lag to another,omo all u need is d big man himself GOD and will power.meanwhile the fun of exploring stuff urself instead of watching geographic channel and CNN is included.big up man.i hala for the initative. cool
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by lovestinks(f): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2006
hey your topic brings to mind the saying that goes, "penny wise pound foolish"
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by otolorin(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2006
lovestinks:

hey your topic brings to mind the saying that goes, "penny wise pound foolish"
so wu's penny-wise n wuz pound foolish?
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by cyprianjr(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2006
I will like to do this too, someday and i must add that it will be legit

no having to wait for night to come before crossing to the next country

good luck to you people sha but you might want to have the press notified also,not as if it's a new thing or a world record breaking stuff but at least i'd love to see your faces on the cable someday, praying not your dead bodies ooooooooooo

I cherish your spirits,be brave.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2006
The question I want to ask is, is it better to die this way. shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by otolorin(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2006
the answer is NO.
for all you care - they aren't gonna die,
they're gonna have fun + write their name in history!
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by LoverBwoy(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2006
slimnike:

The question I want to ask is, is it better to die this way. shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry

is it better to think of dying all the time?
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by komekn(m): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2006
Hi Folks

It is me the organiser of this most ordinary of trips particularly to those who know thier God. I am suprised at the level of skepticism and apprehension expressed so far. Is it ignorance ? or una too fear , i have had more positive feedback in percentage terms from the Sisters.

There is a rally challenge from Plymouth to Banjul, Gambia in which participants drive bangers , jallopees across Europe into Morocco across the Sahara and finally into Banjul. These cars are not allowed to cost more than £250 and yes they are every day cars suprisingly the larger % make it, also these cars are not 4x4s (see www.plymouth-banjul.co.uk)

I have done a bit of research and there is more fear of going through Nigeria to contend with thief, thief policemen, area boys and then the actual armed robbers than crossing the Sahara, going through Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso and Niger put together. Of course they were not Nigerians.

The preferred route is the coastal one through Morocco, Mauritania, into Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and finally Gidi.

So can the real Niaja people stand up and be counted, to take part in a trip of exciting challenges making true and good friends on a blast of a drive.

Can i have more suggestions and please constructive criticism.

Always Blessed-- Kome
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by slimnike(m): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2006
The dead are always history.
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by LoverBwoy(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2006
the weak are also dead just breathing
Re: Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road by Meedu(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2006
this is gonna be fun, but make sure u take a willies jeep, rugged land rover or sumtin of dat class. hav fun and get some videos,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? / Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.