Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,732 members, 7,840,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo (35115 Views)

RELEASE KANU NOW, SOLUDO, UTOMI, IGBO LEADERS TELL BUHARI / Why I Will Not Serve In Buhari’s Govt – Okonjo-iweala / INTERVIEW: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2015
opeyemho:
Tell it to d birds... Can't read shit#
children of hate at it again

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by alexlee50: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2015
90% of the people who commented didn't read the article, their comments was based on the headlines.This is the problem we have with youths of these days.however going to the article, soludo made some brilliant points touching various aspects of the economy such as job creation, alternative source of revenue especially looking at agriculture and solid minerals and the success of these policies. He also looked at local government autonomy vis a vis comparing with the provisions of the 1999 constitution which states the powers to create local government. On the overall, soludo has made a brilliant presentation.the government of general buhari is not going to find governance a tea party, especially with the promises they made during electioneering campaign and the high expectations of nigerians.there is therfore need for general buhari to appoint very qualified nigeeians that are bold with high level of integrity to carry the task ahead.God bless nigeria

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by temlex: 7:18am On Jun 08, 2015
I finished this, its very insightful, but talk is cheaper than act.

Besides I even thought he wanted a short interview.

Nigerians are absolutely intelligent no doubt but implementation of tasks I have noticed takes zeal, courage and passion rather than black on white publications.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by obayaya(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2015
ChaleeBendel:
PT: Let me be more specific. With the terrible condition of the economy, and the high expectations of Nigerians on the new government, what practical steps should Buhari take to create jobs speedily?

Soludo: I told you I do not want to discuss specifics now. (In layman term this means, I don't know.)

That's all he kept saying in the article..

"I made a vow not to comment on my predecessors and Successors"

"I do not wanna join the party of those setting Agenda"

Imagine!!! The guy is as clueless as they come
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by yoribo: 7:23am On Jun 08, 2015
[size=20pt]Afraid to declare access [/size]
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by lockupman(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2015
Na you wan kill am. Idiottt!

Fernandowski:
Cnt believe this man is still alive sef
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by mrkings84(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2015
Am one of the very few that read the full of this post. But not even have much to comment cos Mr. Soludo is on his own for now.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by coolzeal(m): 7:26am On Jun 08, 2015
It's a must you read the article before commenting. Soludo is a brilliant man and a great economist I look up to. He shared some intelligent thoughts on how the economy can move further, nepotism, government fiscal policy to ascertain growth. If Buhari fails Nigeria at this critical moment, Nigeria will be in for a serious mess. In nutshell, it will be so bad that the country might collapse. The land of the rising sun will soon come to pass.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by BlaqJew: 7:37am On Jun 08, 2015
Better not associate yourself with failure, terror, islam and blood of innocents.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by cbi24: 7:42am On Jun 08, 2015
This is lie....
He need attention

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by BlaqJew: 7:42am On Jun 08, 2015
lockupman:

No mind the animal. He is used to life in the wild life, the zoo they call country.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by ideykwum: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2015
Please don't mind that dude! I personally dislike intellectual pretenders! Your answer was the polite way of reminding him to use his sense!

Sunnybobo3:

He responded to a question from the interviewer.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by IykeJ: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2015
Most of the people responding here did not read this article. The reason why he said he is not available, they do not know. We are too lazy to read yet hasty to comment.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by ignis: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2015
Who send am?
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by 99100(m): 7:59am On Jun 08, 2015
mormoni:
Too long! I can't read all these even if u offer me Nicki Minaj

Olodo.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by mormoni(m): 8:00am On Jun 08, 2015
99100:

Olodo.
thank u sir
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by jossyj: 8:01am On Jun 08, 2015
Autolord:
But, you MUST be available to go to prison if investigators discover you looted billions while serving as CBN Governor.

How many prisons have you built that will contain all these people you and buhari will send to jail?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2015
Soludo believes it will be difficult to transition into a post oil economy without restructuring Nigeria or amending the present constitution. On point sir!!! From Soludo again, It is far more difficult in this dispensation because those whose constituencies benefit most from the anomalous constitution are in charge. In order words it will not happen. Quite clearly, Nigeria's defective constitution is at the root of all problems in Nigeria; very little to do with who occupied Aso Rock. Even an Obama in Aso Rock will still fail were he given the chance to govern Nigeria. Nigerians will in the next 8years see the futility in bringing Buhari on board. GEJ will also come to terms with the enormous opportunities he wasted.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by Fernandowski(m): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2015
lockupman:

lemme say u are just a small kid here just to insult people...better get some respect before its too late for u
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by wolesmile(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2015
[img][/img]

Medal for Soludo

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2015
The comments here give me serious concerns about the intellectual comprehension of young Nigerians. The guy raised very salient points on the economy and the peculiarities of the times we are in. I think it's a good read

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by 400billionman: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2015
mormoni:
Too long! I can't read all these even if u offer me Nicki Minaj

Soludo can talk from today till tomorrow.

I didn't expect less.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by mormoni(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2015
400billionman:

Soludo can talk from today till tomorrow.

I didn't expect less.
haha! The man can talk
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by asoderock(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2015
Many a times I wonder why many of we Nigerians are lazy to read, and when we do, we don't analyse raised issues objectively and thoughtfully.
Most commenters are fixated just on the headline and are making jesting and insulting comments.
I read the entire interview and can relate with many of the points raised. Without far reaching political and economic reforms as Soludo was saying, it will be difficult to deliver the promised change, this is where his emphasis partly lie. This should spark a serious debate.

Please let's grow up and treat matters objectively based on its merits.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by jeremiahmarcus9(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2015
Buy a bag of dangote cement obajana factory plant , kogi state @#1000. purchase a trailer load of DANGOTE CEMENT at a low factory price #1000 per bag. we deliver to any pary of the country upon the customer(s) order, Delivered to your door step.*product:DANGOTE CEMENT(50KG)*ORIGIN:DANGOTE FACTORY.PRICE PER BAG;#1000 NAIRA ONLY,*TRAILER LOAD QTY:600 OR 900 BAGS. DURATION of delivery after order:2days *Transportation cost:depends on distance or your state Contact us now to place your order *TELEPHONE :08063268251, 07085831027. *EMAIL :dangotecementfactoryobajana@gmail.com

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by witken89(m): 10:09am On Jun 08, 2015
URGENT EMPLOYMENT!!!
HIGHCLASS GROUP OF COMPANIES NIGERIA LTD.
is a new consultancy firm established in
Owerri, Imo State Nigeria and needs to urgently employ only qualified persons to fill up these urgent vacant positions in the company;
1) Manager
2) Database manager
3) Business development Officer(BDO)
4) Receptionist
5) Software Engineer.
6) System Analyst
7) Site Supervisor
cool system engineers (5)
9) Lab Technicians
10) Drivers
11) Logistics/Procurement Officer
12) Cook(s)
13) Human Resource Officer (HRO)
14) Senior manager
15) Accountant
16) Network Engineer
17) Office Assistant(s)
18) Sales manager

REQUIREMENTS.
Nce, Ond, Hnd, Bsc, Btech, Msc, Phd & at least a good SSCE result.
Please Note:
1)Candidates Must be resident in either Imo, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, States or within any south south states.
How to Apply:
interested persons should send their CV
to highclassplc@gmail.com, PMB 3039, or send the following: full name,
educational qualification(s), current location,
e-mail address, gender, phone number to the company's Human Resource(HR) on
08101690007. Only successful candidates would be
shortlisted and invited for the interview.
NOTE:
1)The interview date would be
communicated to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
2) Application closes on the 15th of june 2015.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 08, 2015
Commmmon! Don't be a Bad Boy Mr. Charlie ! Charity begins at Home ! Come correct Nigeria Economy first! Leave the ones wey dey Abroad ! Na dem sabi dem own thing pass! cool cool cool
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by disumusa: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2015
isi4:
Pls do the needful cheesy
ibos are clown, they've turn them selves to panpangolopangolo.
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by mickey45: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2015
isi4:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/184511-interview-i-am-not-available-for-public-service-now-soludo.html

Cc:
lalasticlala

Even though we may all be clapping when PMB named Agriculture and Mining as his focus.
I know agriculture is a heavily subsidized industry even in the most developed countries.
Mining on the other hand is another area entirely, a good look at the London Metals exchange will only show a downwardly spiraling unstable trend for cmmodity prices. Thus except for very profitable ones, I wait to see our presido's magic wand given that we hardly have any robust policy framework for the mining sector yet (one that will comprehensively answer to profit sharing, pollution, labour and safety, etc).
But for him to say anything abt those areas, he must've done his homework well and I can't wait to see him start. Many proffessionals will now have other viable areas to get engaged apart from d almighty "Oye and Gas industry"
Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by Xtracoool(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2015
Yes, for some reasons, people like to see someone that shares their interests or attributes in government—it has a feel good factor. But if occupation of such office has any personal benefits, it is largely to the occupant of the office and his friends and family. -- Prof. Soludo

Personally, I think the title of this insightful piece does not effectively represent its content.
The relevance of weather Soludo will serve in this administration or not pales in comparison to the importance of the bigger questions he raised here.

The boldend has done so much harm to this nation.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Available To Serve In Buhari’s Govt. Now — Soludo by mathy2p2: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2015
embarassed embarassedI wonder wht is soludo talking about,when he was in the office,he champions looting which contribute negatively to unemployment nd incessant bank retreshment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Proposed Cattle Colonies In Kogi / Ambode: Why The War Against Lagos Gov Is Not Yet Over / Tinubu’s Presidency In 30 Days: Increased Hardships, Rising Hopes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.