Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigerians Fallen Soldiers: Time To Ask Questions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Fallen Soldiers: Time To Ask Questions (808 Views)

Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions / More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun / MUST SEE! An Amazing Tribute To The Nigerian FALLEN Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Fallen Soldiers: Time To Ask Questions by nansng: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2015
Roaming the internet and networking with friends and associates, I ran into a very unfortunate news about one of the Nigerian best citizen who news have it that he was fallen by the dreaded insurgent group; Bokoharam. It should be recalled that I have spoken publicly to the Nigeria populace concerning the body language of Nigerian military council to the welfares, and feelings of our fighting soldiers. Many issues have become covered as far as the operations of Nigerian military is concerned, it seems the best training of the army borders on how they can bully their fellow citizens into fearing them, and they glory in this ephemeral situation which makes them above board among their families, friends, and neighbors.
It has always been the news of soldiers kill 200 , soldiers kills 300 bokoharam, but the military have never published for once, the names of soldiers kill in confrontation against bokoharam, thus leaving Nigerians in a state of confusion of whether the soldiers are also been killed or they are just another Hollywood ‘james bond’ that can never die in a battle. We need to ask questions about the conditions of our fighting warriors in the land. They are the true heros of our democracy, not politicians who are benefiting from the same rot they help cause.

On 10th of November 2010, Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, shared the sad story of how his father, a gallant soldier fought tiredly durrring the biafran war, but was found dead under the bridge after two (2) weeks of his death. Pa Ashimolowo Gold, who derived his name from his alias, ‘ashi ma lowo’ (we shall soon be rich) was a soldier who lived all his service years in one barrack or the other, the children also which include the now famous Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo was relocating from barracks to barracks supporting their father in his bid to help fight for the unity of this country. Alas, he died, only God knows when, but the autopsy revealed that his dead body has been stinking under the bridge for well over two weeks. How his body got there remain story for the gods. Ashimolowo’s family has never recovered from that sad experience, addressing the attentive crowd of participants at the Rev Sam Adeyemi’s event in 2010, he lamented ‘I can never die for this country’ he continue, ‘if you can, goodluck to you, but count me out’ I thought to myself, what’s Pastor Matthew saying? Why is he discouraging some of us that want to die for Nigeria, but today I know better? Nigeria doesn’t even have the correct database of her living citizens talk less of the dead. When you died for this country, memory of you dies with you. Only people with big names might be remembered occasionally. I regret lamenting on the lamentation of Pastor Mathew that day, because it would not take five full years before my own lamentation begins.

A lieutenant colonel confide in me that even Supreme Military Council does not have a data of how many soldier that have died in this war, couple with the fact that for them lives of junior soldiers are business as usual, I begin to see reasons in the report of Amnesty International that I had formally condemned. One of these days, I will retract my views on them in the newspapers, afterral, “a mistake made with boldness must be corrected with boldness”
More than thirty years after the unexplainable death of Pa Ashimolowo, another issue in the similitude of Pa Ashimolowo happened. Lt col Akinyemi Temidayo, a fine officer, and gallant soldier of the Nigeria Army, a former student leader in the osun state polytechnic iree, osun state. A graduate of Nigerian Defense Academy, was reported to have been killed in the war against bokoharam, this my brother was actually killed on 21st 2015, but the Nigerian military kept this away from his family and friends, his beautiful wife was not contacted at all, while roaming the social media, his wife Modupe Akinyemi saw the picture of her husband with RIP tag on it, while trying to digged further, it occurs to her that her husband had truly been deployed to Maduguri, Borno state, (the death center of Nigeria soldiers). She fell into coma. Friends and family don’t know anything; After severe questioning of whom it may concern in the army, the family was told to wait for twenty-four hours to get information. Had it been that the picture did not went viral on watssap , facebook and other social media, the story would have go the way that of Pa Ashimolowo goes. God have mercy, these Generals have questions to answer. Their shoulders are full of stars; their hands are full of blood.

I ventilated my position to the supreme military council of the nation on the death sentence passed on the twelve soldiers, the soldiers have genuine intentions for their country, how on heart will their good and risky will for their country led them to death in the hands of their superiors who have chosen to be ruthless and wicked.
Just for a quick recall, the condition in the barrack was such that does not befit a prodigal citizen; talk less of heroic men who at the risk of their life took a profession which is a short cut to hell. I salute the soldiers at the war front against external aggression, I spit on the pot belly Generals, I spit on their heartless chest, I spit on their greedily accumulated fleshy bodies, their lives is corruption personified, May they never escape the wrath of God! You push young soldiers to the war front and you sit there in Abuja, enjoying at the officers mess. That mess will mess you up, by the time the whole corrupt practices in Army is exposed to the public. STARS ON THEIR SHOULDER, BLOOD IN THEIR ARM.

Those twelve gallant soldiers were reportedly left for dead, they were staffed, hoping to use hunger and torture to kill them, nobody is saying anything about that, this country is next to hell, what shall be said to thousands of Nigerians, who want to offer themselves for a reasonable service for their country, what motivation would be given them, what inspiration are they getting already.

Nigerian soldiers are human beings too, they deserved human right, they deserved to be spoken for, and they are souls that must not be lost. Every lost soldier in this country must be celebrated. Instead of giving national honors to rogues and political misfits who go about milking the treasury of the country dry, lets for ones celebrate these young men, who consciously chose the part of death, that the country may live.
Great Soldiers of the Nigerian Army, I SALUTE YOU! You were there in the middle of the night, ensuring that we sleep in peace, you were there in the death cold sound of strange guns, when the enemies of this country came from nowhere, you were there to quench their fire of thorn, you broke the back of world war two, the peace of Africa was your hand work, the calmness of Liberia was your craft, you delivered sierra- Leone from the hegemony of rebels, you freed Uganda from the menace of genocide, without you in Nigeria, we would have no heroes.

CHARLES ADEYEMI
YOUTHS INITIATIVE FOR GLOBAL PEACE
http://spynigeria.com/nigerians-fallen-soldiers-time-to-ask-questions/
Re: Nigerians Fallen Soldiers: Time To Ask Questions by INTROVERT(f): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Nigerians Fallen Soldiers: Time To Ask Questions by Onemansquad(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2015
let me finish ma food coming back to reply

(1) (Reply)

TINUBU And The 40 Thieves!! / Buhari Under Pressure To Remove Subsidy, Says Falana's NUD / The Ant And The Grasshopper(the Nigerian Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.