Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result (5600 Views)

May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by hydoo(m): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral COMMISSION (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, has exonerated President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan from the various rumours making the rounds that the president had put pressure on him to act in his favour during the elections

Jega who is leaving office June this year made this known yesterday in the morning programme of Hausa service of Voice of America,VOA, while being interviewed on whether or not he was ever lobbied by the president to act in his favour.

He emphasized that ‘all the allegations that Jonathan had put so much pressure on me was not true’, adding that such attempt to compromise him had never taken place anywhere.

Instead, the INEC boss clarified that since he became the chairman of the COMMISSION, all the money he requested from the president were given to him completely.

Recall that there were pre-election accusations of plot by Jega to rig the elections.Whlie series of groups and some opposition parties raised allegations of plots by the outgoing President, Goodluck Jonathan to compromise the INEC boss, the ruling party, PDP, also accused him of planning to rig the elections in favour of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

However, the INEC had dismissed the allegations that were widely published in some national dailies, not Peoples Daily.

A front page advertorial by a group described by Jega as faceless in some National Newspapers alleged a plot by the Chairman of the COMMISSION to rig the 2015 general elections. The group cited the constitution of a presidential election result collation committee by the INEC Chairman as the basis for its allegation that a plot to rig the election has been hatched.

Although INEC, described the allegations as total falsehood and baseless, there were growing concerns surrounding them.

The COMMISSION affirmed that the allegation to manipulate or rig the election is completely false and baseless.

INEC said that the Chairman of the COMMISSION as the Chief Electoral Commissioner of Nigeria and the Returning Officer of the presidential election, has statutory and legal powers to constitute administrative committee(s) to facilitate the performance of his duties. The constitution of an in-house committee to assist in the collation process after the presidential election is purely an administrative arrangement to assist the Chairman.

Members of the committee are officials of the Commission. They work as professionals and non-partisan technocrats and have sworn to the oath of neutrality in the execution of their official duties. They are drawn from the Operations, ICT and Legal departments of the Commission as well as the Office of the Chairman. This arrangement is not new and was the same as during the 2011 general elections.

However, the INEC boss has finally laid the matter to rest days after he announced the results of the presidential election, affirming that there were no attempt to compromise him on the elections.
source:: http://247newzupdate..com/2015/04/jega-what-president-jonathan-asks-me-to.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Mogidi: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
He emphasized that ‘all the allegations that Jonathan had put so much pressure on me was not true’,

18 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by gabinogem(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
The pressure of the last govt was just too much... GEJ chose to free himself of all the pressure both domestic & international. Kudos GEJ.

17 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by ki02020(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Even if he(GEJA) was compromised manipulating the result would have been difficult if not impossible...the electorates were wiser than the era of Maurice Iwu

3 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Ezemust: 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
Godwin

1 Like

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by umar4sure(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Super story

1 Like

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by freezone4real(f): 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thank you Jega

1 Like

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thanks for the clarification. You have done well! Wish you a happy retirement ahead.

12 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by StepTwo: 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
okay
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by nerodenero: 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Jega has set a standard. I pity his replacement. The standard is high now and the awareness keeps increasing. The new boss must do better than Jega's card reader.

3 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Godwin10123: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thank you for your part in history of this nation." All dat starts well ends well" in pastor Adeboye's voice.
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Aringarosa(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thank you JEGA for coming out to set the record straight. You your days be long on earth.

Farewell president Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. To evreythin there is time Thank you for availing yourself. Thank you for showing us the step. Thank you for changing the course. Thank you for carrying the cross. You bear the pain. You accepted the blame. You were faulted in all. You were mocked. You were insulted. You were hated You were dishonored. You were disregarded. You were riddiculled. You were reduced to nothing. Yet you absorbed all. What kind of man? Nigerians were horrified running,waiting for the fate of the nation in 2015 election. Africa was on the watch perhaps to create a refugee camp. The world was waiting perhaps to send peacekeapers. Then you made that call,one call that changed the whole scene. Those that supported you looked like dreamers. Those that were against you pondered a long time in their heart. What kind of man? I never thought it could happen, I never thought. You dignified Nigerians before Africa and the world. You changed the story of the nation. You sacrificed all,all,your dignity, your immunity,your honor,your respect,your title,your power,just to save this nation from drowning,and you saved her. TODAY,as you bow out,we pray the peace you left behind will follow Nigeria,I can see your footprint on African political soil,Wherever Nelson Mandela is mention,GEJ will be mentioned,I promise to tell my children and anyone who cares to know,about you,In this last minute I say to you sir 'farewell' farewell, farewell. I salute you..

24 Likes

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by OKNkanu(m): 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
Am I the only one who likes this man?
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
BRB
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by DropShot: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
VERY STALE NEWS.

WHERE UNA DEY SINCE?
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Btruth: 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
That man was indeed a nice man. Hummmmm!

1 Like

Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by MarvelJ: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
Man of integrity... Indeed next inec boss must do more than card reader. GEJ was no hero though, just a human being who accepted defeat with maturity.
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
A drunk is comparing GEJ with Mandela.. What an insult?
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by heykims(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
OK OK OK

Who remember this statement: "I wrote it under special condition"
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by gebest: 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
K
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by alotofgrace(m): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
JEGA

Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Again!

smiley
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by zimoni(f): 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Story for the gods.
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by fitzmayowa: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
GEJ my HERO...

Fayose my Role Model...cheesy

*in temitemi1's voice*
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
GEJ is a hero! Take it or leave it
Fayose is a role model, take it or leave it grin grin grin
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2015
bestestgirl:
GEJ is a hero! Take it or leave it
Fayose is a role model, take it or leave it grin grin grin
Real vindication for Jonathan
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by nationwide1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
Those who say Jonathan is not a hero are mischievous. Now the horse's mouth has spoken.
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by olu77(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
JEGA d great
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by wallex1983(m): 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
How can we forget so quickly?

Jegamycin, recommended for the cure of Orubebetitis.

You did well Prof
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by gregg2: 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
[size=14pt]The source of this
report stinks
[/size]
Re: Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result by Cutesexy1(f): 11:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
Whatever

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

(Video) Breaking News: Nigeria Should Divide -pastor Oyedepo / Arewa Extraction Gets 3 Months Eviction Ultimatum To Quit Southern Region / The US Vows Never To Recognize Okonjo Iweala’s Appointment As WTO DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.