Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result (5076 Views)

Jonathan Asks Makarfi, Sheriff To Step Down Over PDP Crisis / Jega:what GEJ Ask Me To Do About Election Result / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 05, 2015
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, has
exonerated President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan from the
various rumours making the rounds that the president
had put pressure on him to act in his favour during the
elections
Jega who is leaving office June this year made this
known yesterday in the morning programme of Hausa
service of Voice of America,VOA, while being interviewed
on whether or not he was ever lobbied by the president
to act in his favour.
He emphasized that ‘all the allegations that Jonathan
had put so much pressure on me was not true’, adding
that such attempt to compromise him had never taken
place anywhere.
Instead, the INEC boss clarified that since he became the
chairman of the commission, all the money he requested
from the president were given to him completely.
Recall that there were pre-election accusations of plot
by Jega to rig the elections.Whlie series of groups and
some opposition parties raised allegations of plots by the
outgoing President, Goodluck Jonathan to compromise
the INEC boss, the ruling party, PDP, also accused him of
planning to rig the elections in favour of the All
Progressives Congress, APC.
However, the INEC had dismissed the allegations that
were widely published in some national dailies, not
Peoples Daily.
A front page advertorial by a group described by Jega as
faceless in some National Newspapers alleged a plot by
the Chairman of the Commission to rig the 2015 general
elections. The group cited the constitution of a
presidential election result collation committee by the
INEC Chairman as the basis for its allegation that a plot
to rig the election has been hatched.
Although INEC, described the allegations as total
falsehood and baseless, there were growing concerns
surrounding them.
The Commission affirmed that the allegation to
manipulate or rig the election is completely false and
baseless.
INEC said that the Chairman of the Commission as the
Chief Electoral Commissioner of Nigeria and the
Returning Officer of the presidential election, has
statutory and legal powers to constitute administrative
committee(s) to facilitate the performance of his duties.
The constitution of an in-house committee to assist in
the collation process after the presidential election is
purely an administrative arrangement to assist the
Chairman. Members of the committee are officials of the
Commission. They work as professionals and non-partisan
technocrats and have sworn to the oath of neutrality in
the execution of their official duties. They are drawn
from the Operations, ICT and Legal departments of the
Commission as well as the Office of the Chairman. This
arrangement is not new and was the same as during the
2011 general elections.
However, the INEC boss has finally laid the matter to
rest days after he announced the results of the
presidential election, affirming that there were no
attempt to compromise him on the elections.

http://www.newspunch.org/jega-what-president-jonathan-asks-me-to-do-about-poll-result/

1 Like

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by 42n8dzydoo(m): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2015
Can't read this finish ooo...pls summarize it.
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Ebubest(m): 11:07am On Apr 05, 2015
i don hear
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by adebisiolumide5(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2015
Man of the year

2 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Ezedon(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2015
I will be glad to have somebody like GEJ again as Nigerian President

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by PassingShot(m): 11:13am On Apr 05, 2015
It was normal in our society for the leading parties to suspect one another. So, both APC and PDP continuously raised allegations of plots to compromise Jega without substantiated evidence to back their claim.

Jega has really done well and is now one of my role models.
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2015
He emphasized that ‘all the allegations that Jonathan
had put so much pressure on me was not true’, adding
that such attempt to compromise him had never taken
place anywhere.
Instead, the INEC boss clarified that since he became the
chairman of the commission, all the money he requested
from the president were given to him completely.
Shame to APC and their supporters. They heaped lies against President Jonathan just to paint him black and make him appear desperate. Today, Jega has come out to say the truth. Jonathan has shown and proved that his ambition is not a desperate one but a patriotic one. The World has seen him for who he is and he has written his name on a tablet of gold. In him Nigeria have her first Global Citizen and Icon of democracy Worldwide. He lost the Presidency but gained much more.

Up GEJ!!!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by PassingShot(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2015
Ezedon:

Never again.

GEJ is not good as a leader because people around him will always take advantage of his seemingly meekness to commit atrocities while he is unable to bring them to justice.

He may be lovable as a person and desirable as a friend though.

3 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by PassingShot(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:
Shame to APC and their supporters. They heaped lies against President Jonathan just to paint him black and make him appear desperate. Today, Jega has come out to say the truth. Jonathan has shown and proved that his ambition is not a desperate one but a patriotic one. The World has seen him for who he is and he has written his name on a tablet of gold. In him Nigeria have her first Global Citizen and Icon of democracy Worldwide. He lost the Presidency but gained much more.

Up GEJ!!!!

Shame on you and PDP too. How many times did PDP accuse Jega of conniving with APC to rig them out?

Do you even remember that PDP sponsored an advert and many press releases to insinuate thet Jega had perfected plan with APC to rig them out of the election? Read this if you didn't then http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/dont-rig-us-out-of-power-with-card-readers-pdp-warns-jega/ and http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/17/dont-rig-us-out-with-card-readers-pdp-tells-jega/

Just keep licking your wounds for the next four years mister.

6 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by TI1919(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2015
cool
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Op since when Punch started using that address (org)

1 Like

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Ebubest(m): 11:36am On Apr 05, 2015
Ezedon:
and me too
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by bewla(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2015
thank u sir
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by tunwumi: 11:39am On Apr 05, 2015
I don't believe this poo. The man was criticised even by JEG himself in the amapour interview.

He was just trying not to be emotional with all that happened
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by MizMyColi(f): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2015
@Barcanista @Passingshot

Did you two at least click on the alleged source of this news?

Secondly, as intelligent, direct and astute as Jega is; since when did he start making incoherent statements....

We should be more deliberate when making submissions on issues....methinkssmiley

1 Like

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by najoke: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:

Up GEJ!!!!

will you shut that ur dirty stinking mouth....where were you when PDP sponsored this advert.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2219417_casdodvxeaao9ca_jpegc32fe922178483bd64ed43cc8182533d

Let me guess......u missed it....HYPOCRITE

6 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by papaejima1: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Gej always the MAN!
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by disloman(m): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ezedon:
nt in this country
again

1 Like

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by disloman(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:

Up GEJ!!!!
bro!get a life

2 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
PassingShot:

Never again.

GEJ is not good as a leader because people around him will always take advantage of his seemingly meekness to commit atrocities while he is unable to bring them to justice.

Have you thought about the people around Buhari? Are they better than the people around Jonathan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by PassingShot(m): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
new2020:

Have thought about the people around Buhari? Are they better than the people around Jonathan?

How he handles them will be the difference.
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
PassingShot:

Shame on you and PDP too. How many times did PDP accuse Jega of conniving with APC to rig them out?

Do you even remember that PDP sponsored an advert and many press releases to insinuate thet Jega had perfected plan with APC to rig them out of the election? Read this if you didn't then http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/dont-rig-us-out-of-power-with-card-readers-pdp-warns-jega/ and http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/17/dont-rig-us-out-with-card-readers-pdp-tells-jega/

Just keep licking your wounds for the next four years mister.
this barca or whatever doesn't understand that his trash are not relevant anymore.just like ffk, he is wasted....he just attack straight on without thinking...who connived with the military to postpone the election? So many hate documentary and propaganda. Now that they've lost,instead of burying their head in shame,they want to feel relevant.mtchewwww nonsense people everywhere

1 Like

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by PassingShot(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
southniyikaye:
this barca or whatever doesn't understand that his trash are not relevant anymore.just like ffk, he is wasted....he just attack straight on without thinking...who connived with the military to postpone the election? So many hate documentary and propaganda. Now that they've lost,instead of burying their head in shame,they want to feel relevant.mtchewwww nonsense people everywhere

Talk of classless people, barcanista will rank very high.

2 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
That news website iss fake. Its known for reeling out fake news in support of PDP
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Cutesexy1(f): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Anyhow
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by gabby227(m): 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ok
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Wisdytech(m): 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
PassingShot:

Never again.

Yes that is the problem of the man!

I must say your comment is the best for the week so far!!

You are gifted in sight!!!
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by PassingShot(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Wisdytech:

Yes that is the problem of the man!

I must say your comment is the best for the week so far!!

You are gifted in sight!!!

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by patrickmuf(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:

Up GEJ!!!!
Enough of your childish antics here bro...Stop firing shots where targets don't exist, your overzealousness to play the opposition game doesn't make any sense as of now...
Give it time, the Buhari government will make mistakes naturally then you can pounce just as was the case with GEJ where his actions and inactions in most cases helped mobilized the opposition against him/his government, for now, it sounds like you can't stomach a loss (sore loser anybody?)

2 Likes

Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Geraucald(m): 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Op this is cheating... When did punch started using .org domain?
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Rawani: 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
It seems some people have forgotten the core message that Orubabble used to attack Jega on behalf of the PDP.

"You're biased, you're partisan, you've been compromised, you're tribalistic. We are no longer confident in you"
Re: JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
Rawani:
It seems some people have forgotten the core message that Orubabble used to attack Jega on behalf of the PDP.

"You're biased, you're partisan, you've been compromised, you're tribalistic. We are no longer confident in you"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Amaechi Walks The Streets Of Port Harcourt Unguarded- Photo / 'just In' Before They Come And Tell Us That Asaba Is No Longer An Igbo City / Breaking! Another Protest Hit Aba As Traders Began To Hoist Biafra Flags In Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.