Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun (1701 Views)

Cash Crunch: Senators, Reps Members Abandon Chambers In Search Of Money / Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding / APC: We Will Soon Release Shocking Revelations About Jonathan’s Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by traction: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
This report brings you insights into the dreary world of workers and business owners and how they are chaffing under the cruel economic conditions, as revealed by recent investigations conducted by The Sun Newspaper in Osun.

“It has really been tough. It has come to a stage where we can no longer feed our families, let alone pay our rents. There is a rumour that people, especially the pensioners, have been dying as there is no money for them to survive. I can no longer do the little PP (private practice) that I have been doing to survive the hard times because people don’t have money for patronage, except when they are at the point of death and there are no such cases now and we don’t pray for that.” - Dr. Daramola Olusegun, Vice President of Resident Doctors Association, LAUTECH.

“Recently, I ordered that those who have not paid their school fees should not be allowed into the school premises and classrooms any more. The following day, my school was empty because only a few have been able to pay. Since I don’t want my school to close down, I started begging the parents to bring their children back to school pending when they will pay.” – Private School Owner.

Dr. Oshola Ahmed said it was lamentable that a high profile professional like him would now depend on his parents and friends for survival. “I can’t even pay my children’s school fees anymore. It is that terrible,” he said.
“People are not buying papers like before because there is no money. What they do mostly now is to come to the newsstands to glance through the headlines.” - Bayo Olaniyi, Newspaper Vendor.

“Some of us can no longer pay our rents. It has become so bad that some of us can no longer buy diapers for our babies. We can no longer cater for our aged parents. Instead, we are even depending on them for survival now.” - Dr. Femi, Department of Surgery.
“People don’t have money to feed their families at home. So, there is no way they can take them out at a time like this. To be frank, it’s no longer business as usual.” - Dupe Ajayi , Manager of an Eatery in Osogbo.

“As I speak with you, I have not yet taken my breakfast and this is already noon and it is not as if I have lost my appetite. But it is because I don’t have anything to eat. So, I have to go on 0-1-0. For long, I have been on 0-0-1 and sometimes I go on 1-0-1 meal every day since I can no longer afford three square meals.” - Dr. Owolabi Adeyinka, General Secretary of Resident Doctors Association LAUTECH.

“People are no longer buying recharge cards like before because there is no money. I used to make close to N7,200 gain on a daily basis before, but now, I make only N300 - Bimpe Omole, Recharge Card seller.

Taiwo Olojo, a motor mechanic, said his regular customers who used to service their vehicles have not been forthcoming. According to him, some of them have resorted to the use of commercial vehicles. “Last week, I was so broke that I had to call on one of my customers to come and service his car so that I could raise some money, but he said that though his car was actually due for service, he didn’t have money to do that now,” he said.

Some private school proprietors and proprietresses who also spoke to Daily Sun on condition of anonymity lamented that most parents owed school fees so much so that they, too, were beginning to find it difficult to pay the salaries of their teaching and non-teaching staff members.

Also, foodstuff sellers in Osogbo lamented that most of their perishable goods such as tomatoes, pepper, okra, mangoes, water melons, cucumbers and carrots in the local markets now rot and waste away due to poor patronage.

Culled from The Sun News Online
http://osun.info/post-17-cash-crunch-shocking-revelations-about-the-present-economic-situation-in-osun.html
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Acidosis(m): 11:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
#7200 daily profit on recharge card? wow!

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by DaBullIT(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Osun . info

Website is less than 6 months old definitely pdp owned site
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
Is it dt everyone in osun state depends on The state Government

funny oooo

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by lomprico(m): 12:03am On Jun 09, 2015
So everybody in osun is working for d state government?

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:06am On Jun 09, 2015
lomprico:
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Tolexander: 12:11am On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Osun . info

how does that negate the reality stated in the web?

Tackle the content and be less concerned with the container!

2 Likes

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by WilyWily: 12:17am On Jun 09, 2015
haaaahaaaa, I want Hunger to Hammar dem well well

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by ITbomb(m): 12:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Where is Osun Defenders when you need them

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Tolexander: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2015
lomprico:
Chosen1984:

funny oooo
You all have to understand the fact that the government can't send cash to the self employed and those that aren't civil servants, it is the same salary paid to the civil servants that will be the basis of their income through transactions and services rendered to the civil servants.

Majority of the working class in Osun are state workers. Only Ife still has the benefit of having many federal workers.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by MCMLXXVI(m): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2015
Chosen1984:

funny oooo

lomprico:

Not necessarily so; but I'll have you know there exists such a thing as multiplier effect.
In a state like Osun where the majority of the working class is in the civil service, cashflow rests solely on the hands of those civil servants. Simply put, if those civil servants are not getting paid, private businesses would also suffer because the civil servants (who make up the overwhelming majority) would not have any money to patronize them with.
Get it now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by psucc(m): 12:38am On Jun 09, 2015
lomprico:
.Better go and read your commerce and economics textbooks.

Am surprised you don't know source of cash supply in civil service states or even in a well developed capitalist state.

Have you ever met a businessman who laments non-passage of Appropriation Bill?

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nossa(m): 12:42am On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Osun . info

you must be high on cheap drugs, we're talking about reality and the economic well being of human beings living in Osun state and you're politicising and sabotaging the effort made by the press. hopeless mofo

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Nossa(m): 12:42am On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Osun . info

you must be high on cheap drugs, we're talking about reality and the economic wellbeing of human beings living in Osun state and you're politicising and sabotaging the effort made by the press. hopeless mofo
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by stinggy(m): 4:08am On Jun 09, 2015
Aregbe, this is the second day! I'm warning you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Btw, it is foolish for the bulk of a state's population to be civil servants, that's the main reason it seems the 'middle class' is fading off in the West. Our people need re-orientation.

4 Likes

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by omenka(m): 4:31am On Jun 09, 2015
Tolexander:
You all have to understand the fact that the government can't send cash to the self employed and those that aren't civil servants, it is the same salary paid to the civil servants that will be the basis of their income through transactions and services rendered to the civil servants.

Majority of the working class in Osun are state workers. Only Ife still has the benefit of having many federal workers.
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by DaBullIT(m): 5:33am On Jun 09, 2015
Tolexander:
how does that negate the reality stated in the web?

Tackle the content and be less concerned with the container!

My point being no reputable media outlet wrote something like that, yes workers are being owed and the hardship is undeniable, but a little bit exagerration here and there is propaganda
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by DaBullIT(m): 5:36am On Jun 09, 2015
Nossa:

you must be high on cheap drugs, we're talking about reality and the economic well being of human beings living in Osun state and you're politicising and sabotaging the effort made by the press. hopeless mofo

My point being no reputable media outlet wrote something like that, yes workers are being owed and the hardship is undeniable, but a little bit exagerration here and there is propaganda

Besides all you keep seeing and saying is that Osun's allocation is being paid, but in reality, instead of 4.5 Billion out of which 3.7 Billion is worker's salary badluck egbere joesatan reduced the allocation to 1.5 billion how is the governor supposed to pay salaries? Hopefully Gmb will revert the allocation slash and Citizens of Osun will smile again
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by ebamma(m): 6:30am On Jun 09, 2015
PDP don bad bad e no reach this level
So the 21billion loan he collected, what did he use it for then,
This is heartlessness of the highest order,
6 months and no pay, chai, na thunder go fire that thief Aregbe.
Even Osun people sef na mumu, why even vote for such a man,
From Aregbesola's dressing, beard, and mannerisms, that man is not supposed to be in government, na imam or alfa Im suppose be.
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Tolexander: 6:36am On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:

how will the reputable media outlets write something like that when almost all of them are propaganda tools for APC? or if it is a PDP state experiencing the hardship in this SW, the media outlets won't bring heaven down on the state?

Osun defender, meant to defend the state, what has it published about it?

If it was Sahara Reporters against GEJ then, would you consider the source as exaggerating the matter?
What the media has done is grassroot journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by onatisi(m): 6:41am On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:

Besides all you keep seeing and saying is that Osun's allocation is being paid, but in reality, instead of 4.5 Billion out of which 3.7 Billion is worker's salary badluck egbere joesatan reduced the allocation to 1.5 billion how is the governor supposed to pay salaries? Hopefully Gmb will revert the allocation slash and Citizens of Osun will smile again
goodluck didn't reduce anything , you can't unilaterally reduce state allocation,that power is beyond the president , what happened was that the money been collected now is the real state allocation, when they were all collecting huge sums was during the time the ECA was large , okonjo iwella made mention of this ,but since the crash in the price of crude,the ECA has dwindled. The question now is what did he do with the 4.5billion he collected monthly for 3 years and the other monies he borrowed from banks ?
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by SilverSurfer: 7:24am On Jun 09, 2015
Honestly, what's happening in osun state is no longer funny at all. This started of as a joke but this is totally unacceptable. The state house of assembly should start by impeaching the governor. I wonder how we humans can be this heartless. The workers should not just sit and bemoan their fate, they should besiege the government house until all arrears are paid. Which kain nonsense be this.
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by SilverSurfer: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Osun . info

Is that all you could get from the report. You're not in the least worried about what's happening in the state, all you are worried about is the source of the news. Nawa for people sha.
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by DaBullIT(m): 7:33am On Jun 09, 2015
onatisi:
goodluck didn't reduce anything , you can't unilaterally reduce state allocation,that power is beyond the president , what happened was that the money been collected now is the real state allocation, when they were all collecting huge sums was during the time the ECA was large , okonjo iwella made mention of this ,but since the crash in the price of crude,the ECA has dwindled. The question now is what did he do with the 4.5billion he collected monthly for 3 years and the other monies he borrowed from banks ?

He established a new design for school buildings, i am into construction and i know it costs a lot , virtually all local governments in Osun have new schools , not renovated ones (Keyword being Virtually all)

He constructed / planned to construct roads, Go to rural and Urban areas in Osun, you'd be an hypocrite not to acknowlegde that things changed a bit before the allocation was slashed

Feeding School children everyday , Paying SS3's WAEC/NECO ,

Opon Imo for every SS2-SS3 students in the whole of Osun state and the list goes on and on

But i know no matter how many times people try to convince you die hard fans of corruption and impotence , you will not see it

You claimed that no one can reduce anybody's allocation ? Well , take the time to read these information from PUNCH news (Old and Popular)
and information Nigeria , the Tribune and daily sun links are not loading

http://www.punchng.com/news/40-reduction-in-osuns-federal-allocation-unjustifiable-aregbesola/

http://www.punchng.com/politics/fg-punishing-osun-with-reduction-in-allocation-apc/

http://www.informationng.com/2014/02/reduction-in-monthly-allocation-were-in-a-war-situation-aregbesola.html
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by SilverSurfer: 7:33am On Jun 09, 2015
Chosen1984:

funny oooo
You don't get it do you? Every other businesses is connected in one way or the other to the government. Bulk of people who patronize the market women, doctors, mechanics, newspaper vendors etc are all civil servants. So you get the drift; no salary, no cash flow.
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by DaBullIT(m): 7:39am On Jun 09, 2015
Tolexander:
how will the reputable media outlets write something like that when almost all of them are propaganda tools for APC? or if it is a PDP state experiencing the hardship in this SW, the media outlets won't bring heaven down on the state?

Osun defender, meant to defend the state, what has it published about it?

If it was Sahara Reporters against GEJ then, would you consider the source as exaggerating the matter?
What the media has done is grassroot journalism.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/02/reduction-in-monthly-allocation-were-in-a-war-situation-aregbesola.html

look at my posts i supplied links to someone else

Osun defender also has article on unpaid salary but not exaggerated and i still maintain that GEJ is the reason for non payment of salaries, out of the 22 states initially owning salaries , 80% of them are APC states , now , not less than 18 states are owing salaries , check the % of APC states and let me know what you think the states are and while you are doing that , try to explain why a reasonable Hhead of state will spend 2 trillion on campaign ?

These are the states which are owing their workers:
Abia,Akwa Ibom,Bauchi,
Benue ,Cross River
Ekiti,Imo
Jigawa,Kano
Katsina
Kogi
Ogun
Ondo
Osun
Oyo
Plateau
Rivers
Zamfara
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by DaBullIT(m): 7:41am On Jun 09, 2015
SilverSurfer:
Is that all you could get from the report. You're not in the least worried about what's happening in the state, all you are worried about is the source of the news. Nawa for people sha.

In reality , i am more worried about a head of state spending 2 trillion on campaign , during the time when crude oil price plummeted , but he had to reduce allocation of other states claiming the price of crude had reduced
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by lomprico(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2015
psucc:

.Better go and read your commerce and economics textbooks.

Am surprised you don't know source of cash supply in civil service states or even in a well developed capitalist state.

Have you ever met a businessman who laments non-passage of Appropriation Bill?
Why r u sounding as if I have a beef with u? I have not seen where non payment of a state gov civil servants salaries cripples d whole economy of the state and if so 80% of earners are working for the state gov which is not far from what I stated earlier.
So u r sayn a state like lagos, ph, kano or enugu will crash because of non payment of state civil service salaries?

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by Yujin(m): 11:16am On Jun 09, 2015
Is the State of Osun really in the state of emergency? Where is the Osundefender? Where are they when you need them most? What I read here is quite disturbing. Let Imam Aregbesola bring out the world biggest drum so it can be bitten as they call unto the numerous gods in the state for intervention. Lol
Don't mind me. Its just a comic relief. Let the those who wish others downfall watch it as life is totally unpredictable. Those you despise today may be your benefactors tomorrow. I heard the State of Osun is at present indebted to Anambra state. How true is that?
Re: Cash Crunch: Shocking Revelations About The Present Economic Situation In Osun by psucc(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
lomprico:

Why r u sounding as if I have a beef with u? I have not seen where non payment of a state gov civil servants salaries cripples d whole economy of the state and if so 80% of earners are working for the state gov which is not far from what I stated earlier.
So u r sayn a state like lagos, ph, kano or enugu will crash because of non payment of state civil service salaries?

There you go again. Lagos, Rivers, Kano States had a considerable number of active IGR sources which they can survive even with little from the FG.

I do not have any much info on Enugu, I equally believe it is among the dependant States. In such states, the govt holds the key to bolster its economy.

(1) (Reply)

Father Turns His Boko Haram Son In (photos) / See What This Motor Cyclist Is Carrying(pic) / Imagine If These Things Happened Under GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.