Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (58888 Views)

9 Jobs In Nigeria That Dont Require A University Degree / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by EmekaBlue(m): 4:48am On Jun 11, 2015
Its good..They are also graduates..Let them have opportunities also

2 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Theanointed3(f): 5:26am On Jun 11, 2015
The truth is that employers no that some of the 2.1 or 2.2 does not merit their grade due to cheating in schools while 3rd class must have worked hard on their own (no cheating).

2 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by emzila(m): 5:29am On Jun 11, 2015
They are only looking for committed staffs especially when challenging or swinging future is foreseen. Besides, examination upon which cgpa is based, is said not test of ability as many 3rd class can perform more than their result project.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tete7000(m): 5:46am On Jun 11, 2015
They could have a specific person in mind and the advert just a mere formality
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by front247: 5:49am On Jun 11, 2015
Having a third class is not a Barrier we discriminate too much in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Tunagee(m): 6:00am On Jun 11, 2015
Mbkite:
A friend that works with one of these new generation banks told me about a job that was advertized internally in the bank, with Third Class as the only requirement. I have been wondering why they should make the job opening for only Third class graduates. I decided to bring it to Nairaland for proper deliberation.
What do you think?

the job is for a particular candidate in the organisation.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eromoko: 6:07am On Jun 11, 2015
3rd class no be human being. Na wa. The richest people in the world no finish uni.

2 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eleko1: 6:13am On Jun 11, 2015
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin.
haul:

Don't mind him,his only brilliant not intelligent.
Thank U cool
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Jagabanthelion: 6:45am On Jun 11, 2015
Am not a 3rd class holder but I think OP is being discriminatory. 99% of Jobs advertised are for the first class,2.Is and 2.2s and y complain some jobs are reserved for the "forgotten I%"? U also want to use your higher qualifications to take away their jobs too? Stop being greedy and leave their jobs alone. 2.I and 2.2 jobs are everywhere,go n struggle it out with your grade class. That bank job reserved for 3rd class is not the reason u are unemployed.

3 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by ukandi1(m): 6:58am On Jun 11, 2015
campusconnectng:
So that they can be paid peanuts...lol

Highest Possibility
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by adepiero: 6:58am On Jun 11, 2015
Well, that's a new development. I guess companies are starting to realise that its not all about what you have on paper but how you can manifest your potential in the real world.

Many first class, and second class degree holders have fallen short of competence in the labour market, some can't even defend their result! Maybe this would pave way for equity in the job hunt

3 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by hardbody: 7:09am On Jun 11, 2015
Mbkite:
A friend that works with one of these new generation banks told me about a job that was advertized internally in the bank, with Third Class as the only requirement. I have been wondering why they should make the job opening for only Third class graduates. I decided to bring it to Nairaland for proper deliberation.
What do you think?

A few suggested reasons are:

1. There is no managerial carreer development
2. The job will be near menial with no expectation of cereberal input
3. They want to retain people who may find it very difficult to switch to other jobs. Truth be told, 3rd class as a degree is not hot cake
4. Possibly the line manager has a pass degree at best but nothing better than a 3rd. So they do not want someone that will challenge the boss' position.
5. There nay be other reasons.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by hardbody: 7:13am On Jun 11, 2015
eromoko:
3rd class no be human being. Na wa. The richest people in the world no finish uni.

Kuku drop out from school na. You think those guys who did not finish school are Nigerians ba? Try it and see 'sufferty' at its apogee.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by hardbody: 7:18am On Jun 11, 2015
Theanointed3:
The truth is that employers no that some of the 2.1 or 2.2 does not merit their grade due to cheating in schools while 3rd class must have worked hard on their own (no cheating).

You sound like a 3rd. Your name is even a pointer. I am one of the few that worked hard to earn my grade and its showing in all i do. To God be all the Glory though. I have never been given a job other than by merit. Headhunters now seek me out.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by mradjoy(m): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2015
adepiero:
Well, that's a new development. I guess companies are starting to realise that its not all about what you have on paper but how you can manifest your potential in the real world.

Many first class, and second class degree holders have fallen short of competence in the labour market, some can't even defend their result! Maybe this would pave way for equity in the job hunt
Amen

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Lincoln275(m): 7:26am On Jun 11, 2015
their salaries will tell u the reason
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2015
CrazyMan:
Truth is most banks are beginning to realize that there's really no difference between 2.2 some 2.1 and 3rd class holders. All it takes is just a little brushing up and their personal skills would begin to manifest.

Also a 3rd class degree holder wouldn't complain much when paid peanuts because he knows that his chances of getting a better offer outside is very slim compared to a 2.1 and 2.2 degree holder. I believe that the bank is just trying to capitalize on that in order to maximize its profit.

I guess it's all about them in the end.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by sirkezman: 7:30am On Jun 11, 2015
nah. this is not a possibility. most (all) companies have a salary structure based on your degree and not the class. so if you get a job with a 3rd class, you will be paid as a B Sc holder.
I guess the step is to 'secure' their staffs. just like a first class or 2.1 working in the ministry.. #jobsecurity

campusconnectng:
So that they can be paid peanuts...lol

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by tlops(m): 7:31am On Jun 11, 2015
We are our own problems. Shouldn't third class holder have access to a job? I thinks it's a good development.
It is not easy to wor wor from 100 level 400/500 level!

2 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by emmusay(m): 7:33am On Jun 11, 2015
Maybe the first class, 2.1 and 2.2 graduates didn't live up in their aptitude tests....just maybe.

3 Likes

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by kakasmart: 7:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Dereformer:
Another important reason is that the third class holders have less chances of leaving the bank since they are discriminated against in employment. The bank may be tired of employing 2.1/2.2 who will later leave them at short notice.
I reason with you
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Mbkite(m): 7:37am On Jun 11, 2015
Jagabanthelion:
Am not a 3rd class holder but I think OP is being discriminatory. 99% of Jobs advertised are for the first class,2.Is and 2.2s and y complain some jobs are reserved for the "forgotten I%"? U also want to use your higher qualifications to take away their jobs too? Stop being greedy and leave their jobs alone. 2.I and 2.2 jobs are everywhere,go n struggle it out with your grade class. That bank job reserved for 3rd class is not the reason u are unemployed.
I am convinced that you dnt knw d essence of this thread. U dnt knw my grade, u dnt knw if attended uni, u dnt knw if I want to work 4 sumbody, u just took d whole thing personal and even concluded am unemployed. My dear, learn hw to talk becos, it is very important.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by escobar07(m): 7:39am On Jun 11, 2015
Dereformer:
Another important reason is that the third class holders have less chances of leaving the bank since they are discriminated against in employment. The bank may be tired of employing 2.1/2.2 who will later leave them at short notice.
This may just be it.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by Femistico(m): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2015
They don't want them to be discriminated and feel less in d society, thats why dey created that opportunity for them bcuz dere chances of getting better job are slim buh 2.1 nd 2.2 still have many chances of getting better job anytime...dey jes want dem to feel among, since nobody take dem into consideration
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2015
adepiero:

Don't you all wish! grin
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by yoosooph: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2015
The reason is very simple.
We have very few third class holders in the country.

It is a way to reduce numbers of applicants because most organizations could hardly control crowd of applicants when they advertised job positions.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by maxti: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2015
biznus:
*snaps finger*
ohh, yeah I get it now, the oga boss should be a Third class graduate who probably was discriminated against.

You got a point. I was discriminated n made a third class. I make it a point of duty to give all graduates including third class equal opportunity in my organisation.

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by agbitaj(m): 8:01am On Jun 11, 2015
I tink it's to encourage them..no hope is lost. grin
Mbkite:
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by eleko1: 8:09am On Jun 11, 2015
Half of bread is beta dan none.
drnairalov:

how can someone be collecting 30k as salary..graduate..'re u sure?
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by dotune(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2015
I've read most of the comments. Very on point.
However, this is Nigeria. If they wanted to give 3rd class grad an equal opportunity, they would have said bsc grad should apply 3rd class inclusive.
For a Nigerian bank to specifically seek for 3rd class grads, u should know that it will never carry the same benefits as other graduate jobs will carry. As against what most people said, a manager cannot single handedly request for the services of some grads without consulting his board of executives. He's just an employee himself.
Banks are out there to make money. In Nigeria, no bank will request for 3rd class and not make seem like they are doing favour for them. But at the same time, Anybody belonging to that class will have something to do.
Re: They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? by adepiero: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2015
ThoniaSlim:

Don't you all wish! grin

well its no longer wishful thinking, its already manifesting. I work for a company owned by white guys and there you have people with various classes of degree even those with degrees too are there and we all work at our full capacity #BrainWise

If other Nigerian companies embrace this then its a good thing.

mradjoy:

Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / If You Have These Skills Employers Would Beg You To Work For Them / Edo State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment (37 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.