Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo (37936 Views)

Saraki Denies Joining PDP, Says Report Is Junk Journalism(photo) / APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / Saraki Denies Collecting Money From Diezani For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by chesterlee(m): 8:46am On Jun 09, 2015
A former governor of Kwara state, and senator representing Kwara Central Senatorial District in Nigeria’s upper legislative chamber, Bukola Saraki, has issued a statement debunking reports that he snubbed a truce meeting called by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

Mr. Saraki is a leading contender for the presidency of the Nigerian Senate, but he is not the official candidate of his party, the All Progressives Congress, which is rooting for his main challenger, Ahmed Lawan.

A report had indicated that Mr. Saraki boycotted a meeting called by Mr. Osinbajo to explore the possibilities of the APC having a consensus candidate ahead of the election of principal officers of the Senate and the House of Representatives Tuesday.

But the former governor has now issued a statement, saying he received no invitation to any meeting called by the vice president.

He also denied making disparaging comments about the vice president.

Read full statement below.

SENATOR SARAKI HAS GREAT RESPECT FOR THE PERSON AND OFFICE OF HIS EXCELLENCY, PROF OSINBAJO VICE PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

The attention of Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki’s media office has been drawn to a publication by an online tabloid which insinuated that “Senator Saraki Boycotts APC Leadership Meeting To be Chaired by VP Osinbajo”

We wish to categorically state that up to this very point 10:50pm, 8th of June 2015, senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki is yet to receive any official invitation from His Excellency Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria or through any other source for any meeting; political, social or otherwise.

Understanding the importance of last-minute consultation required for the inauguration of the 8th Assembly, Senator Saraki has been attending to meetings with colleagues and friends on the program for the 8th assembly.

Senator Saraki having been in public service in different capacity knows the importance of respecting the office and person of the Vice President. And therefore advise those spreading false news to cease and desist.

Senator Saraki therefore, uses this opportunity to assure His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of Federal Republic of Nigeria of his highest regards.

Signed:
Bamikole Omishore
SA Media & Advocacy
source: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/184639-saraki-denies-snubbing-truce-meeting-called-by-vice-president-osinbajo.html

cc Lalasticlala Ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2015
Really?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by kurt09(m): 8:50am On Jun 09, 2015
Very timely. I know that lie reporter will always favour her pay master.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by 99100(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2015
So are u saying u never called him a 'mere commisioner' ?
#just asking..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by nerodenero: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Story for the gods by Senator Bukola Saraki a.k.a I cannot be summoned by a mere Commissioner. This statement is now competing with Stealing is not corruption. grin

I guess this statement will go down as one of the most controversial statement made by a polithiefcian in 2015.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by alaoeri: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2015
Between premiumtimes & Sahara reporters which news outlet is more credible?

13 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by chesterlee(m): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Medicine after death

Today results will be interesting... can't wait!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by uniknet: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2015
I have since stopped believing anything from Sahara reporters. #beerparlourgossips

26 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by holicalpha(m): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2015
APC and Lies, they're inseparable.

- Valar Morghulis

12 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2015
Two things involved
Its either that fear catch am grin

Or

He never really said it undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by kay29000(m): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2015
Hmm! So much false information flying around. I could start a rumor right now that Tinunbu slapped Buhari during an argument, and people will eat it up, and spread it like wild fire. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by agarawu23(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2015
hmmm

different news everywhere
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Pavore9: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2015
l have been expecting the denial of that statement!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Chinaimporter: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2015
[size=13pt]The illuminati have started again...saraki is the only person ready to thwart the illuminati ambition of some people in this country.

may god have mercy on our souls for supporting

men that have decided to side with lucifer on armagadon.

men that are planing to throw jehovah into the bottomless pit that he made for his beloved children who are disobident.

Men that are plotting with lucifer to defeat the angelic hosts lead by angel micheal so as to lock up jehova and quench quench hell.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by tobiloba940(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Elxandre(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
That was how Oba Akiolu denied saying igbos would die in the lagoon till audio evidence came out.

Gullible people please kindly swallow this denial of his speech!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Ifa slap this Saraki eeh...undecided

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Mubbyleey(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
This man cannot be trusted...

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by passionate88: 9:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Association of political thieves
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by JingoOAU(m): 9:11am On Jun 09, 2015
I don't wanna believe it either...its irritating and disgusting...but at the same time, it could be the work of PDP since they have said they are going to use blackmail and propaganda to drive home their agenda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Seequadry(m): 9:11am On Jun 09, 2015
lol.... diz Sahara people ehn
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by seyidboy(m): 9:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Lol aaaaapppppppccc na ur Yeye demon broom u na go used kill urself

1 Like

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by dotna(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
I believe
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by kennydee05(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Did u called him mere commissioner or not?
In all ramifications, Professor Osinbajo has everything more than Bukola Saraki. Same way I prefer Bukola Saraki to Lawan as the Senate President.
Respect is reciprocal

10 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by tolexy007(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
i know he will deny it, and some will still come and blame PDP for dis grin

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Bobby4090: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
He actually said it verbally to his aides that told him of VP's invitation. He didnt know it will be leaked and reported by the press

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by ManMountain(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
He will eventually come out to deny it.
Odili and many other ex governors still deferred to Jonathan as a President even though he was a mere deputy of Nigeria smallest state when they were ruling influential States as governors

I wrote it yesterday, I know he will deny ever saying that when he realizes his folly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Graccccccccy(f): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmmmmm! Bukola!!!!! Hey i made fp.... Gettin ftc gradually

1 Like

Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by holard07(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Time will surely tell...
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by investnotspend: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Coming back
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by funkyfrevy(f): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Na wah oo na who we go belive now?. Ok let me ask osibanjo cos he's a pastor n he won't lie.
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by hadura29(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
alaoeri:
Between premiumtimes & Sahara reporters which news outlet is more credible?

Bros I don't even know but I am very sure by the end of today we will know were we are going in this country... I just God intervenes. I just don't want greedy politicians with our president and vp...

Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Jailed For Circulating Timothy Owoeye's Nude Video, Obtaining ₦‎38 Million / Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP / Andy Uba Stops At Uga, Takes Lunch With Pupils Of Girls High School Uga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.