Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo (525 Views)

APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo / Saraki Denies Collecting Money From Diezani For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by realjoker(m): 8:57am On Jun 09, 2015
A former governor of Kwara state, and senator representing
Kwara Central Senatorial District in Nigeria’s upper
legislative chamber, Bukola Saraki, has issued a statement
debunking reports that he snubbed a truce meeting called by
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
Mr. Saraki is a leading contender for the presidency of the
Nigerian Senate, but he is not the official candidate of his
party, the All Progressives Congress, which is rooting for his
main challenger, Ahmed Lawan.
A report had indicated that Mr. Saraki boycotted a meeting
called by Mr. Osinbajo to explore the possibilities of the APC
having a consensus candidate ahead of the election of
principal officers of the Senate and the House of
Representatives Tuesday.
But the former governor has now issued a statement,
saying he received no invitation to any meeting called by the
vice president.
He also denied making disparaging comments about the
vice president.
Read full statement below.

SENATOR SARAKI HAS GREAT RESPECT FOR THE
PERSON AND OFFICE OF HIS EXCELLENCY, PROF
OSINBAJO VICE PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF
NIGERIA
The attention of Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki’s media
office has been drawn to a publication by an online tabloid
which insinuated that “Senator Saraki Boycotts APC
Leadership Meeting To be Chaired by VP Osinbajo”
We wish to categorically state that up to this very point
10:50pm, 8th of June 2015, senator Abubakar Bukola
Saraki is yet to receive any official invitation from His
Excellency Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria or through any other source for
any meeting; political, social or otherwise.
Understanding the importance of last-minute consultation
required for the inauguration of the 8th Assembly, Senator
Saraki has been attending to meetings with colleagues and
friends on the program for the 8th assembly.
Senator Saraki having been in public service in different
capacity knows the importance of respecting the office and
person of the Vice President. And therefore advise those
spreading false news to cease and desist.
Senator Saraki therefore, uses this opportunity to assure
His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of
Federal Republic of Nigeria of his highest regards.
Signed:
Bamikole Omishore
SA Media & Advocacy
cc:lalasticlala

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/184639-saraki-denies-snubbing-truce-meeting-called-by-vice-president-osinbajo.html
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by NAIRAADVERT: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2015
hmmm SARAKI
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki needs to tread carefully.....
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by bigtt76(f): 9:00am On Jun 09, 2015
Issorite o!
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by horlabiyi(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2015
I said it, I don't believe the earlier story. Though I'm not saying Saraki is not arrogant as people claim but I won't dare saying such to the VP because what he wants to be.
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Acekidc4(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2015
Wetin dey do this Saraki sef!! Shey Senate President Post na your Papa business empire Ni
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by missKiffy(f): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2015
We are watching in 3D cool
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by ManMountain(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2015
He will eventually come out to deny it.
Odili and many other ex governors still deferred to Jonathan as a President even though he was a mere deputy of Nigeria smallest state when they were ruling influential States as governors

I wrote this yesterday that he will deny ever saying so, whether he actually said it or, he is doomed politically.
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by mymadam(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
SarahBabyxx:
Saraki needs to tread carefully.....

Not necessarily... I guess Bukky Saraki is only marking time in APC. Sooner or later, he'll again move on. Where to? The new PDP or a merger of inconsequential Nigerian political parties. My opinion though.
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by Vello(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Whatever his response, i believe that in every rumour, there is always an element of truth.
Again, let Bukola be reminded this is Nigeria not Kwara and...Osinbajo is not Ahmed.
Re: Saraki Denies Snubbing Truce Meeting Called By Vice President Osinbajo by kheart(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2015
This saraki desperation is out of this world, I was supporting for d seat initially just to spite tinubu but I want anybody aside saraki.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Governor To Sell Off Akpabio’s Private Jet / If You Are Made The President Of Nigeria What Will You Fix First / Buhari Likely To Meet House Speaker Dogara This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.