Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1078279 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Foxes cookies o, the one with chocolate on it.
@deedee0 why won't it be allowed?
Biko I am a foodie, I don't joke with my food.
I was even thinking of carrying fufu and afang grin grin grin tongue
Lool thats my fav... but my own foodie nvr reach your own biko
This might help also... You can have small money for your stopover. Mine is Amsterdam, and I intend to buy about 20/30 Euro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Just prepare well and have some saviet along side...
Hope uno go dey look side if person dey watch u sha..
Lool dem no dey tell woman to hold tissue ppr for bag before!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
Crich:

Is this really allowed? I don't mind ooo.

Just put it in your back pack e no concern person.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
deedee0:

This might help also... You can have small money for your stopover. Mine is Amsterdam, and I intend to buy about 20/30 Euro

The Ijebu gehl that I am won't spend nada.
By the time I convert that 20/30 euros into naira, my appetite might just vanish.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Foxes cookies o, the one with chocolate on it. @deedee0 why won't it be allowed? Biko I am a foodie, I don't joke with my food. I was even thinking of carrying fufu and afang grin grin grin tongue
oh foxes cookies u mean butter biscuits?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ylinklsope: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hey good people in the house.Can anyone help with Ielts study materials needed urgently..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Foxes cookies o, the one with chocolate on it.
@deedee0 why won't it be allowed?
Biko I am a foodie, I don't joke with my food.
I was even thinking of carrying fufu and afang grin grin grin tongue

hehe... so as the plane take off and dem start to dey serve inside plane, you go unwrap your own fufu arrange yourself... awesome ... if white man sitdown for ur side, you go trend on twitter before you land...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
I give it to airfrance and klm in terms of food...but none is still up to my dearest emirates when it comes to hospitality, food and comfort grin

CoCoLav:

First week in September same as TheBae
Can't believe Lufthansa food is wack. That's why I like Air France...they serve Croissant.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
Not as dry as bread though. It's moist grin

GboyegaD:

Na bread ooo except say the shape na quarter moon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2015
Pls where is Ugochux?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dairy products in general
Kepner:

shocked Please, does this also apply to powdered milk as well?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
That's a lot of money to spend during a stopover oh. How many hours is it?
deedee0:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
Emirates is always on point. Delta too try
Team12:
I give it to airfrance and klm in terms of food...but none is still up to my dearest emirates when it comes to hospitality, food and comfort grin

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by suxes2005(m): 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
richcasey:

here you go my friend . . . LINK

Bro, please do you have any IELTS study material?

~ Sheyi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yemite295: 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lol.....

CoCoLav:

The Ijebu gehl that I am won't spend nada.
By the time I convert that 20/30 euros into naira, my appetite might just vanish.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
Helo and goodevening to you all. This canny thread no get party two jare!. I'm really enjoying the discussions on food stuff,clothing etc I want you guys to please to throw light into phones! Which type of phones is compatible with canny network? Phones like infinix or techno will it work there? And the best subscription plan,to grab upon arrival? putting into consideration that one might tend to make quite a lot calls to home first few months upon arrival.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
kennykentipsy:

oh foxes cookies u mean butter biscuits?

Its not butter biscuit o. I think it's a mcvities product.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
richcasey:

hehe... so as the plane take off and dem start to dey serve inside plane, you go unwrap your own fufu arrange yourself... awesome ... if white man sitdown for ur side, you go trend on twitter before you land...

Ain't nobody got time for that. cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
Team12:

Chai! and KLM was cheaper oo but the stop over is 9 hours. I cant deal mehn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
Crich:

Pls, what do you mean by 'be mindful of your declarations'? Are there foodstuff that should be hidden and not declared? Pls, let's know those ones so I can leave them behind. I don't think I can hide anything since all my foodstuff will be inside one luggage.
Pls visit
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/travellers/eng/1389630031549/1389630282362

The Canadian Govt expects u to declare stuffs listed on that site if u hv them and would give u a form to fill b4 ur arrival @ YYZ.. I declared some, my friends declared none, we were all lucky, our bags were not searched.. To be on d safe side, all 9ja foodstuffs should be well-dried, sealed in a ziploc bag den well wrapped with newspaper and sealed tight with tape, that way no odour will be released (that's what I did).. But I declared 'soup powder'. Had 5 luggages so I had stuffs scattered in all.lol. Pls note that CBSA will ask u again verbally if there's anything in ur bag(s) u wanna declare that's not on ur list, failure to declare at that last stage leaves u at the mercy of God cuz if u r caught, u may get fined.... #TheChoiceIsYours

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by easyxtan: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Check my CIC online and Medical passed.
Medical request:July 16
Medical Done: July 22
Medical Passed: July 25
waiting now for passport request.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
easyxtan:

Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
easyxtan:
When did it change to passed? This night?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by easyxtan: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Crich:

I just check it this night and it was passed, the last time i check it today CIC was still undergoing maintenance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yetunde84: 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please elp, wat documents are needed 4 a visiting canadian visa...tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
subairrilwan:
I. Am a serving corp member and I will be tru by march nxt year. I don't kwn the tyme to apply for university of manitoba post graduate sch for fall 2016
The best time to apply is when the next admission is out. That should be between November and Feb. It is good to have a solid plan, as you will have a good case applying for visa immediately after nysc....or even during NYSC, at least your chances will definitely be higher than that of someone that has been home idle for a year or more, as the Visa Officer would assume such person finished schooling, searched for job, but after his search didn't yield a fruitful result, he decided to go to Canada for greener pasture hiding under the canopy of schooling. But for you, there would be no break in academic history (as there is a portion of the CIC form that ask for reasons for break in academic history), you finished Uni, went for a year long voluntary service, and just immediately after ur NYSC, u're going for a higher degree.
So in summary, try your best possible to secure admission and apply for visa if possible before you finish nysc, even if it means applying to more than a school.
#Just my thinking anyways!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Crich:

Please how much for visa application processing fee, Police report, Biometrics?

Do you pay for medical too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
gotousa2013:
Please I need help with getting the an affordable postgraduate of not more than 9000CAD dollar per year in canada. Please ineed some brilliant input.

Try Memorial University of Newfoundland, it's one of the cheapest in Canada!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
Please how much for visa application processing fee, Police report, Biometrics? Do you pay for medical too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
domex007:
Hi.friends, i am new to this part of the trend, applied to US for UG a couple of times but was denied visa,
gravinton and amefrica have encouraged me to try canada. i wanna try canada but i dont know much about canada as i know about US. please i need information about admission and visa processing.
i am 22, finished secondary school 2012 (gce result) my sponsor is in america and he is my uncle (father's brother) and he has a company account.
please friends, i want to know my chances of gettin the canadian visa.
thank you for your help and time..

Although visa refusals are not so good....but not to worry so much about that, as there's nothing impossible for God! Had two rejections, before applying for US visa, yet had my US visa.
The major challenge I foresee is your sponsor. I think (not sure though) funds that would be available for your studies should either be in your Country of residence or the country you intend going. I doubt if Canada embassy will accept a statement from the US, I so much doubt it, but you can ask THE ELDERS in this room. You can just get someone here in Naija with a fat account to claim your uncle or aunt.......and provide you with SoA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
Pele smiley But 9 hours will just fly past u before u know it. Lots to sight at schipol airport...lufthansa is a good airline, dont sweat it kiss

CoCoLav:

Chai! and KLM was cheaper oo but the stop over is 9 hours. I cant deal mehn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
grabeconnie:
Please how much for visa application
processing fee, Police report,
Biometrics?
Do you pay for medical too?

Oga, you can get this info on CIC site na! Well, I did my first police certificate for abt 12k (in 2013, but that was to Russia), did my last (2015) for 6,500 (although I felt cheated, but didn't bother). Medicals should be about 28k, Biometrics should be 85 cad and visa fee should be 150 cad.... if I've not forgotten. But I strongly advise you to visit Canada embassy site, and read every necessaries yourself, it is what you don't understand so well that you should then bring to this house!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.