Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074483 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
Congrats

easyxtan:
Check my CIC online and Medical passed.
Medical request:July 16
Medical Done: July 22
Medical Passed: July 25
waiting now for passport request.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Oga, you can get this info on CIC site na! Well, I did my first police certificate for abt 12k (in 2013, but that was to Russia), did my last (2015) for 6,500 (although I felt cheated, but didn't bother). Medicals should be about 28k, Biometrics should be 85 cad and visa fee should be 150 cad.... if I've not forgotten. But I strongly advise you to visit Canada embassy site, and read every necessaries yourself, it is what you don't understand so well that you should then bring to this house!

Thank you brother. I asked this question but not clear with the answer the person gave me. Does your visa application fee covers your family if they are going with you? or I will also have to pay for them?
Thanks for helping out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
grabeconnie:

Thank you brother. I asked this question but not clear with the answer the person gave me. Does your visa application fee covers your family if they are going with you? or I will also have to pay for them?
Thanks for helping out.

That was why I asked you to check the site yourself, what someone tells u is different from what you see yourself, none of these things is constant. You'll have to pay for everyone following you. You visa fee does not cover any other person's visa, just you and you alone!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Lovely3: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Pls house am new here, how much is d medical fee @ rev ogunbiyi, ikeja nd is dere any1 applying 2 brandon uni 4 masters. Just got d mail 4 medicals. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
Nwanne obu otu o si
Oge adiro
chrisviral:

No vex o, what's croissant??
I'm using Air France (first flight experience, both local and within undecided)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by IyaEjima(f): 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
subairrilwan:
I. Am a serving corp member and I will be tru by march nxt year. I don't kwn the tyme to apply for university of manitoba post graduate sch for fall 2016
Mail the Sch / ur prospective dept and ask if they've started accepting applications for Fall 2016 (applications opened on Sept 2nd 2014 for Fall 2015).. If they have, pls apply straight away as sometimes admission is given on a first come first serve basis when competition throws them into a dilemma.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by myb012: 12:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Lovely3:
Pls house am new here, how much is d medical fee @ rev ogunbiyi, ikeja nd is dere any1 applying 2 brandon uni 4 masters. Just got d mail 4 medicals. Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Oga sorry, but, I can't help it.
Check the damn site!!!

grabeconnie:

Thank you brother. What about the biometric for family? I think the have fixed price for family?

TempusQ:
This link will answer your present and some future questions; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

grabeconnie:
Please how much for visa application
processing fee, Police report,
Biometrics?
Do you pay for medical too?

ayooluwatoni:

Oga, you can get this info on CIC site na! Well, I did my first police certificate for abt 12k (in 2013, but that was to Russia), did my last (2015) for 6,500 (although I felt cheated, but didn't bother). Medicals should be about 28k, Biometrics should be 85 cad and visa fee should be 150 cad.... if I've not forgotten. But I strongly advise you to visit Canada embassy site, and read every necessaries yourself, it is what you don't understand so well that you should then bring to this house!

grabeconnie:

Thanks for helping out.

ayooluwatoni:

That was why I asked you to check the site yourself, what someone tells u is different from what you see yourself, none of these things is constant. You'll have to pay for everyone following you. You visa fee does not cover any other person's visa, just you and you alone!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Lovely3:

congrats .. call to book an appointment you are to pay 28k into their account... go along with 6 passports photographs ,medical form, passport data page photocopy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 12:50am On Jul 26, 2015
Having prior visa rejections doesn't doom your fate. You have as good a chance as most people on this forum to get a Canadian visa.

As per your uncle in the US being your sponsor, this shouldn't be an issue -- people on this thread have obtained a Canadian visa with US sponsors; the koko of the matter is that your sponsor has to prove to the officer that he will indeed sponsor you.

My guess is that with a US sponsor and given that he is your uncle not your parent or sibling, the burden of proof placed on the uncle is higher. So it would be convincing, for instance, if the sponsor explains in a notarized letter and/or affidavit why he is sponsoring you. It also would be convincing if your uncle pays for at least one semester but preferably one year of tuition to prove his commitment to fund you. You would attach the funds transfer receipt (in addition to the payment receipt from the school) to show that it was your uncle that made the payment.

You would also submit originals and bank certified copies of the uncle's bank statements. Your uncle additionally needs to show that he has full access to the company funds, which means he has to prove that he is the sole owner of the company. If the ownership is a partnership then he would need a letter from either the board of the company or all partners stating that the company funds can be used for your sponsorship. Basically you want to eliminate any ambiguity about this, the presence of which could jeopardize the VO's opinion. To avoid this complexity, he could just provide his own personal bank statements, assuming there's enough money in there.

Also, I hope you've been keeping yourself busy since you finished secondary school in 2012. You would need to enter into the application form what you have been doing since then. Cheers.

domex007:
Hi.friends, i am new to this part of the trend, applied to US for UG a couple of times but was denied visa,
gravinton and amefrica have encouraged me to try canada. i wanna try canada but i dont know much about canada as i know about US. please i need information about admission and visa processing.
i am 22, finished secondary school 2012 (gce result) my sponsor is in america and he is my uncle (father's brother) and he has a company account.
please friends, i want to know my chances of gettin the canadian visa.
thank you for your help and time..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by NaD720: 1:01am On Jul 26, 2015
A quick question to those of you that submitted online. Did you bother tracking your application on VFS website? and did it track? If so, How many days/weeks did it take before it tracked? Did you receive any SMS from VFS that your application has been forwarded? I need an urgently answer oo.. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 1:20am On Jul 26, 2015
suxes2005:

Bro, please do you have any IELTS study material?

~ Sheyi

IELTS study material boss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Team12:
Not as dry as bread though. It's moist grin

Na bread una dey give better description like this; there is God ooooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:20am On Jul 26, 2015
Team12:
I give it to airfrance and klm in terms of food...but none is still up to my dearest emirates when it comes to hospitality, food and comfort grin

You no love Arik International flights? Their food is so Nigerian. I love them from New York to Lagos but their Lagos to New York flight experience no dey too sweet because den go always delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 3:27am On Jul 26, 2015
toboy:
Helo and goodevening to you all. This canny thread no get party two jare!. I'm really enjoying the discussions on food stuff,clothing etc I want you guys to please to throw light into phones! Which type of phones is compatible with canny network? Phones like infinix or techno will it work there? And the best subscription plan,to grab upon arrival? putting into consideration that one might tend to make quite a lot calls to home first few months upon arrival.
Thank you.

I think any Samsung Galaxy phone is fine. I still use my MTN till date. As for plans, IMO, Koodo has the most reasonable student plan. I think it is $34 monthly with 300 daytime calls, unlimited night and weekend calls, and 50mb of data. You could also use Wind if it is strong around your location.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Finestlex(m): 4:09am On Jul 26, 2015
Sarilo4lif what's good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:01am On Jul 26, 2015
Any cellphone that works on a Naija network should work in Canada. Nigeria uses the GSM standard, and so does Canada.

toboy:
Helo and goodevening to you all. This canny thread no get party two jare!. I'm really enjoying the discussions on food stuff,clothing etc I want you guys to please to throw light into phones! Which type of phones is compatible with canny network? Phones like infinix or techno will it work there? And the best subscription plan,to grab upon arrival? putting into consideration that one might tend to make quite a lot calls to home first few months upon arrival.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:35am On Jul 26, 2015
thesoj:
Any cellphone that works on a Naija network should work in Canada. Nigeria uses the GSM standard, and so does Canada.

***Modified**'Should' u mean ..I can't say for all techno products.

My little cousin had to change his phone cos when he tried the sim from canada on his techno device it didn't work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Good point, there are a few exceptions but mostly with really low end phones. Quad-band phones should work (for the most part) on any GSM network. Most phones these days are quad-band.

berexio1:
***Modified**'Should' u mean ..I can't say for all techno products.

My little cousin had to change his phone cos when he tried the sim from canada on his techno device it didn't work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 6:50am On Jul 26, 2015
Please house , I submitted my study application using an agent who told me he submitted my application on the 11th of June . Up till now I have not received an email for biometrics... Is there a cause to worry ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 26, 2015
NaD720:
A quick question to those of you that submitted online. Did you bother tracking your application on VFS website? and did it track? If so, How many days/weeks did it take before it tracked? Did you receive any SMS from VFS that your application has been forwarded? I need an urgently answer oo.. Thanks!

I think I tracked it a couple of days after submission and saw 'visa is being processed in Lagos office' or something similar.

I got two sms from VFS same day I applied informing me that my application has been forwarded to Canadian Embassy.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2015
grabeconnie:

Please how much for visa application processing fee, Police report, Biometrics?

Do you pay for medical too?
Visa application - CAD $150
Biometrics - CAD $85 (individual), $170 (applying as a family)
Police report - it varies from about N3000 to N7000, I think.
Pls, learn to use Google as well. Thats how I was able to get this info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2015
NaD720:
For me, the answer to ur questions is No.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 7:10am On Jul 26, 2015
GboyegaD:

You no love Arik International flights? Their food is so Nigerian. I love them from New York to Lagos but their Lagos to New York flight experience no dey too sweet because den go always delay.

Their food is so nigerian,are you not a nigerian?scum bag
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by donhuko: 7:14am On Jul 26, 2015
I have admission for Winter session (January start),University of Toronto. Please, I need urgent information on how long it will take to process my student visa. What is the fastest means to go about this ??. Will I be able to meet up the deadline for enrollment (tentatively December) ??.
And if I fail to do so, wats the possible alternatives to retain the admission and enroll later.
Thanks for your kind assistance.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Princepoldi:
Please house , I submitted my study application using an agent who told me he submitted my application on the 11th of July . Up till now I have not received an email for biometrics... Is there a cause to worry ?

There is a cause to worry and why won't you submit yourself to have experience even after he packaged you.Ask him to give you ur acknowleged receipt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by JJCE(m): 7:21am On Jul 26, 2015
chops33:
Please can anyone help a brother out with accommodation in Brandon?
send me pm, so dat i will link you up wit my guys in manitoba..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:27am On Jul 26, 2015
tonero230:

Their food is so nigerian,are you not a nigerian?scum bag

It's a Nigerian Airline and they serve Nigerian foods.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2015
GboyegaD:

You lack understanding. What will you say their food is like? Receive understanding in the name of Jesus

Sorry i thought you meant their food is not suppose to be nigerian
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:36am On Jul 26, 2015
"Through an agent"
Did u submit online or at the VFS office?

If at the Vfs office u sud have done biometrics already...
Princepoldi:
Please house , I submitted my study application using an agent who told me he submitted my application on the 11th of June . Up till now I have not received an email for biometrics... Is there a cause to worry ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2015
tonero230:

Sorry i thought you meant their food is not suppose to be nigerian

I guess I was just impatient. I will edit my post asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.