Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076295 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Finestlex(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Happy Sunday everyone.. Been a while. Working like crazy this summer. Am glad the house is moving on same page. God go surely bless all of us, Amen

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by toboy: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
GboyegaD:

I think any Samsung Galaxy phone is fine. I still use my MTN till date. As for plans, IMO, Koodo has the most reasonable student plan. I think it is $34 monthly with 300 daytime calls, unlimited night and weekend calls, and 50mb of data. You could also use Wind if it is strong around your location.
thanks alot! did you say MTN? How?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lovely3:
Tanks 4 d reply house @myb012 nd @kennykentipsy i really appreciate... Wen are u guys going/resuming deir session?

school resumes September 9 I will be leaving August 17
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Princepoldi: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
@hayqinbFx my agent submitted online. I just spoke to my agent and he is sorry for not informing me about my biometric dead line date which is July 10th . Please do you have any idea what I can do now having missed the July 10th deadline ?

hayqinsbFX:
"Through an agent"
Did u submit online or at the VFS office?

If at the Vfs office u sud have done biometrics already...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Princepoldi post=36284857][/quote]
If you should have done your biometrics by latest 10th July 2015 which implies your application was submitted 9th June 2015 then I am sorry to inform you that your application will be refused outright for not complying with the mandatory biometric requirement to start processing your study permit application. The fact that for a full calender month your so called agent did not call you to confirm that you've seen his email and done the biometrics quite frankly says all you need to know about him and either he is absolutely clueless or you have been duped. You need to re-coup what you can from him but i doubt you'll get all your money back. What you can do now is start by deferring your admission to January and let peeps here help you with the rest, coming to this thread is the best decision you've made so far and hopefully your application will be a success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justicia: 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
easyxtan:
Check my CIC online and Medical passed.
Medical request:July 16
Medical Done: July 22
Medical Passed: July 25
waiting now for passport request.
hello. Pls whr did u do ur meds, was it at IOM. I did mine at IOM on July 22nd too and I have not seen medical passed yet on my CIC account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Princepoldi:
Thank you ayooluwatoni . Yes I now regret using an agent . I just spoke with the agent now and he is sorry for not letting me know I received a letter for my biometrics since and i should have done it before July 10th . Please do you have an idea of what can be done now...yes I am very troubled now

Note... It was an online application

My candid advise for you: get your documents from this Agent and get your money back! We all can help you. All you need to do is tell us the documents you have presently, and we'll tell you what you need more. For that Agent to have ignored you all these while and just telling you now that they sent you biometrics mail, tells of the possible outcome of the application. You don't have to be desperate or be under undue pressure, as it mostly lead to silly mistakes which eventually will lead to a refusal. If your admission is for Fall, 2015 (that is September), you may want to consider deferring your admission to Winter (2016). All you need to do is mail the institution and cook up a reason why you won't be meeting up with the September admission. Since you don't know so much about the visa process, I will strongly advise you to consider the PAPER Route, as you will submit and do your biometrics immediately. I don't know what else you will need for now, but my candid advise again, make sure that Agent discontinue the visa processing for you, you really dont want to have the visa refusal experience. ......which is eminent with this clueless guy of an agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
justicia:
hello. Pls whr did u do ur meds, was it at IOM. I did mine at IOM on July 22nd too and I have not seen medical passed yet on my CIC account.

I really think this IOM is cool o. You know I did mine at Consultant Practice on the 17th of July and I checked with them two days ago to confirm if my assessment had been sent to the embassy, I was asked to call back on Monday......which possibly means they had not sent it! So guys, IOM is highly recommended for your medicals!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I really think this IOM is cool o. You know I did mine at Consultant Practice on the 17th of July and I checked with them two days ago to confirm if my assessment had been sent to the embassy, I was asked to call back on Monday......which possibly means they had not sent it! So guys, IOM is highly recommended for your medicals!!

Is it showing review in progress or we need your medical information?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
CoCoLav:

Is it showing review in progress or we need your medical information?

Paper route, I can't tell. Or is there a way I could check for paper route?
Thanks jare
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
suxes2005:

Oshey baba!

Waiting for part 2 of the short film ooo

Hope you get a good news soon on your TRV

~ Sheyi

you're welcome my friend grin

watch out for part 2!!! hehe

amen on the TRV part ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hope it's d bitters sha..i learnt ull miss that a Lot there..
dahjor:

Please how about Orijin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CoCoLav(f): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

Thanks jare

Oh sorry.
Actually wanted to quote justicia

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Your refusal letter is on its way if it hasn't landed sef...check ur mail..
You will be refused on the grounds of not adhering to the request for biometrics..
Package yourself to refire yourself for january.
Do whatever you like with the agent o..
Princepoldi:
@hayqinbFx my agent submitted online. I just spoke to my agent and he is sorry for not informing me about my biometric dead line date which is July 10th . Please do you have any idea what I can do now having missed the July 10th deadline ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
It'll still come, Cocolav got her update 1 week before me and we did medicals on the same day. You'll be fine
justicia:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Theres no way to check oh, you just have to wait till you get you letter of introduction or dispatch update on vfs site
ayooluwatoni:

Thanks jare
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Okay, so which network favours calls to Africa? Lebara-type of network for Canada.

Most people use Voip apps when calling naija. Telbo was 2.5c/minute just a few months ago but cost 4c/minute now. That's what I use. There are other apps like Rebtel and others. Some offer free credits or points when you visit ads on the app. Viber and Skype also comes in handy.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
Theres no way to check oh, you just have to wait till you get you letter of introduction or dispatch update on vfs site

Bros I prefer letter of intro abeg.....I no wan see the dispatch letter....lol grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:

Which one is the fastest, easiest, and safest?
Online application or Paper application?
I will be applying for January 2016.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hello all....received my application via courier yesterday.then i get to see that i was delayed,i feel so terrible oo...everything was returned intact...and they ticked d following factors were ticked.
1. Travel history
2. Family ties in canada and in country of residence
3.Purpose of visit
4.Personal assets and finanical status.
Do i need more sponsors or what?
How do i tackle...am so confused right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Most people use Voip apps when calling naija. Telbo was 2.5c/minute just a few months ago but cost 4c/minute now. That's what I use. There are other apps like Rebtel and others. Some offer free credits or points when you visit ads on the app. Viber and Skype also comes in handy.

pls what apps gives free credits or point?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Okay thanks for the info
Snappyfingaz:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lol they'll likely send the intro mail first but if they don't, they'll send it afterwards. Lol I'm a lady embarassed
ayooluwatoni:

Bros I prefer letter of intro abeg.....I no wan see the dispatch letter....lol grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
We can't really tell. Online used to be faster, then paper overtook and now they seem to be moving at the same pace. I will personally suggest you apply via paper route.
grabeconnie:

Which one is the fastest, easiest, and safest?
Online application or Paper application?
I will be applying for January 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wow. Sorry about that. Kindly list your documents so that the loopholes can be identified asap.
Wait, you were delayed after you did medicals?? Just went through your posts. That is so messed up! Please don't be discouraged.

Updated**
teana4040:
Hello all....received my application via courier yesterday.then i get to see that i was delayed,i feel so terrible oo...everything was returned intact...and they ticked d following factors were ticked.
1. Travel history
3.Purpose of visit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Taike: 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
teana4040:
1. Travel history
3.Purpose of visit

After medicals? So sorry! You may have to defer till Winter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by easyxtan: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
justicia:

I did mine in IOM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
teana4040:
These are the documents i submited
1. Study permit application form
2. Family info form
3. Application form for TRV
4. Standardized letter from U of Manitoba
5. WAEC results/scratch card for verification
6. Secondary school transcripts/testimonial
7. Diploma certificate in Lib / Information science
8. My elder brother Sponsor SOA 6 months (N5.1m balance)
9. Sponsor's Salary SOA 6months 300k bal
10. Sponsor employment letter and photocopy of his ID card...he says he can give me his ID card for submission
11. Sponsor 6months payslips
12.Sponsors letter of support & Affidavit
13. Sponsors passport data page and birth certificate
Others: Reference letter,Computer Training certificate, Birth cert, SOP,Police Clearance report, Passport data page, 2 passport photographs,Family pictures..

Let's quickly look at what she submitted....she has already listed her docs b4...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
teana4040:
1. Travel history
3.Purpose of visit

These people sef, what is there prob? They didn't know all these before asking you to go for medicals? So sorry. It's gonna be fine!
Please list the doc you submitted jare. Do you have people in Canada? Did you declare you do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by C3PO: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Marvins here
Please answer this pertinent question Vikmeek has posted.

vikmeek:
Whats d difference between Internship and Co-Op
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
vinegar:

Let's quickly look at what she submitted....she has already listed her docs b4...

How much is the annual/semester tuition fee? How related is her/his course of study to her/his UG (if going for masters)? How much did he/she quote as the total annual expenses (tuition + accommodation+feeding+miscellaneous expenses)? And how much did he/she quote would be available for his/her study? Then did his/her sponsor specify how much would be given to her and how the money would be paid.....monthly, quarterly or annually in the sponsorship letter?
One thing I've learnt is, financial sufficiency may necessarily not mean how much is in the account, but the ratio of how much is required for one's study to the amount in the acct bal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheBae:
We can't really tell. Online used to be faster, then paper overtook and now they seem to be moving at the same pace. I will personally suggest you apply via paper route.
I think Paper is easier, but with online, you'll get to follow your application step by step......I guess that's the advantage over paper presently. But me will recommend paper anyway.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.