Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Saraki Becomes Senate President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Becomes Senate President (9212 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu Becomes Senate President / N’assembly: Saraki Becomes Senate President, Dogara Speaker / Ekweremadu Returns As Deputy Senate President, As Bukola Saraki Becomes Presiden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Saraki just showed Tinubu is a learner at national politics
lol! Tinubu should better restrict his powers to only Lagos state before i start hating on him.
I won't be surprised if Gbajabiamila doesn't win the speaker position. honestly,i won't be surprised.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Pangea: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
With Sen Saraki as Senate President and Ekweremadu as Deputy Senate President, the PDP has become the defacto leader of the Senate. PDP shall bounce back in 2019... PdP Shall Lead Again

Only in your dreams!
Pdp bouncing back?
With all these cash and carry legislators that will all soon decamp to APC

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by kelechiMarie(f): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Aiit Hannie, thanks for the heads up smiley
you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by temitemi1(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2015
Let's wait n see... Bye bye to jagaban imposition in Nigeria politics grin grin grin
JackBaueress1:
beginning of the end of what precisely? last time I checked, Saraki is an APC man and he will not defect. So what are you happy about Robot?

PDP shall rise again!!!
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by MizMyColi(f): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Has O biagelli defected to PDp?

Mbanu!
She is just being a model politician.

Me, I am learning from her.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2015
My brother, I shall always be grateful to God and to the firmness of brothers like you, mogidi, firefire, truckpusher, bayswater and sisters like Forwetinnah, Ecoterrors, Descartes etc. Together we expressed our support for Saraki, together we triumph against the "god-father" wannabe (Tinubu)! The era of godfatherism in National politics is long gone.
temitemi1:
Barcanista, I must thank u for always lecturing me here on political matters. I never knew bukola could take this but tru ur wonderful analysis I realized that nothing is impossible! God Bless ur parents that brought u forth to this wonderful place called Nigeria!

PDP shall rise again!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Just btw, have this Senate been inaugurated? Are they allower this process before inauguration?
Do sanator not take oat of office?

Omenka, jmain, JackBaueress1, Gboliwe, MizMyColi, barcanista, PassingShot, AbuMikey
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Victooooorrrrrrry For PDP! I'm sooooo happy that we have conquered the cabals(APC) and the Jagaban. Thank you PDP Senators and sensible progrethieves in the senate.

Cc Mogidi ecoterrors
Congrat Boss, we won

1 Like

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Has Obiagelli defected to PDp?
Over my dead body
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by PassingShot(m): 11:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Just btw, have this Senate been inaugurated? Are they allower this process before inauguration?

Omenka, jmain, JackBaueress1, Gboliwe, MizMyColi, barcanista, PassingShot
I joined the live streaming late but the House must have been inaugurated.

I believe that Saraki emerging unopposed is an outcome of an agreement reached between his camp and Tinubu's.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by mayorkyzo: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2015
Thief-nubu just lost another battle[size=8pt][/size] grin....soon he would be obsolete in the scheme of things..Saraki is a godfather in his own right...
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
lol! Tinubu should better restrict his powers to only Lagos state before i start hating on him.
I won't be surprised if Gbajabiamila doesn't win the speaker position. honestly,i won't be surprised.
Honestly he needs to learn to manage his successes, there are many power blocs at the centre
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Honestly he needs to learn to manage his successes, there are many power blocs at the center
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by MizMyColi(f): 11:13am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Just btw, have this Senate been inaugurated? Are they allowed this process before inauguration?
Do senator not take oath of office?

Om enka, jm ain, JackBau eress1, Gb oliwe, MizM yColi, barca nista, Pas singShot

Are you watching on TV?
I saw a screenshot thread on FP where Saraki was taking Oath of office.

Nne biko school me.
Because I thought it's after the oath taking that they inaugurate.
I watched Lagos state's yesterday..
It was after installing the speaker and deputy that they did the inauguration.

I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:14am On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
exactly!

More respect to PMB for his intervention.

You guys are rejoicing so fast! Even accepting Ekweremmadu as Deputy Senate president? Watch out as things unfold! Buhari, APC leaders, NWC not in support!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Gboliwe: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

Omenka, jmain, JackBaueress1, Gboliwe, MizMyColi, barcanista, PassingShot, AbuMikey

It was also here on this forum I read that the senate was being inaugurated. I am sceptical on what I read here these days.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

I believe that Saraki emerging unopposed is an outcome of an agreement reached between his camp and Tinubu's.

Let's wait and see.

A lot of the "Tinubu" senators are absent.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by abacusCm(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2015
I'm confused ooo,is Bukola Saraki from APC or PDP?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by jorlons(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2015
Can you guys update the house on the number of senators present ??
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by frankyychiji(f): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
We need an orubebe here
Don't we all? grin
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
this is a victory for nigerians, we say no to imposition and godfatherism in our polity.

Barcanista, giving Gbawe, omenka, beremx, passingshot and Ngeneukwuenu heart break and teaching them politics 101 since 24 BC
I loyal to you ma'am... The APC are losing their political power and their goodwill per second. It's only a matter of time before Nigerians call for their exit.

Congrat to you
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by DevilhimseIf: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
congratulations to Bukola Saraki. I hope Ekweremadu isn't his deputy?

he is

kiss

I love you kiss
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2015
Why are they not snatching ballot box here. After all some of them hired hoodlums to get to where they are
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2015
Gboliwe:

It was also here on this forum I read that the senate was being inaugurated. I am sceptical on what I read here these days
I guess we can only wait.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by naptu2: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2015
Former Lagos State First Lady just voted.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by semitunde: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Let's wait and see.

Honestly if Gbajabiamila get the speakership position, Tinubu won't have lost.

And something tells me this is still something along his line of plan.
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:

Honestly he needs to learn to manage his successes, there are many power blocs at the center

Tinubu doesn't have interest in the Senate leadership! Believe me! His only interest is in the House of Rep!

Saraki Just destroyed himself politically! Bookmark this!
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Forwetinnah: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, I shall always be grateful to God and to the firmness of brothers like you, mogidi, firefire, truckpusher, bayswater and sisters like Forwetinnah, Ecoterrors, Descartes etc. Together we expressed our support for Saraki, together we triumph against the "god-father" wannabe (Tinubu)! The era of godfatherism in National politics is long gone.

My brother. .the programmer has been programmed grin

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2015
MizMyColi:

Are you watching on TV? I saw a screenshot thread on FP where Saraki was taking Oath of office.
Nne biko school Because I thought it's after the oath taking that they inaugurate. I watched Lagos state's yesterday.. It was after installing the speaker and deputy that they did the inauguration.
I stand to be corrected though.
I am confused myself, i can't even reach anyone for further clarification
Re: Saraki Becomes Senate President by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Let's wait and see.

Yes they were inuagutated smiley
The Senate President (Saraki) will inaugurate other Senators. It doesn't matter who was present or absent, as long as the election took place.
Obiagelli:

NgeneUkwenu:

You guys are rejoicing so fast! Even accepting Ekweremmadu as Deputy Senate president? Watch out as things unfold! Buhari, APC leaders, NWC not in support!
honestly,I really don't care now.

I am interested more in who becomes Ministers and special advisers to PMB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kibiyan Kabi Kebbi: Orji Kalu Face Of Nigeria's Unity - Haruna Ahmed / South East Support: Is Yahaya Bello APC's Most Popular Candidate? / ‘Nigeria, Other African Countries To Remain Major Petrol Importers’ - Kragha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.