Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? (1755 Views)

Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism / Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week / Aliyu Orders His Deputy To Leave Executive Meeting For Calling Him A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
This question is coming from a neutral and unbiased point of view. I've been curiously following events regarding the Federal House of Assembly Inauguration this morning, and I am wondering, Did President Buhari really schedule a meeting this morning to intervene in the crisis rocking APC preceeding the election of leaders at the house of assembly, or has someone played a fast one on the APC House members? My question is based on These:

1. He promised not to interfere with the election of leaders at the National Assembly and to work with anyone who was duly elected

2. President Buhari will not schedule a crucial meeting like this on the day of elections and fail even to attend (as reported by Channels TV), even 2hrs after, without adequate communication. The president is known for punctuality

3. If actually the president wanted to intervene into the crisis rocking the national assembly, he would have probably delayed the elections as being rumored by many when the House of assembly complex was locked this morning

Sounds to me like someone in high places probably played on the intelligence of the APC lawmakers, and if actually someone did, one or more party members could be aware of this.

Meanwhile Congrats to the newly elected members of the Senate, and house of assembly in advance!

2 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by deebsman1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by 9jatriot(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
greggles:
This question is coming from a neutral and unbiased point of view. I've been curiously following events regarding the Federal House of Assembly Inauguration this morning, and I am wondering, Did President Buhari really schedule a meeting this morning to intervene in the crisis rocking APC preceeding the election of leaders at the house of assembly, or has someone played a fast one of the APC House members? My question is based on These:

1. He promised not to interfere with the election of leaders at the National Assembly and to work with anyone who was duly elected

2. President Buhari will not schedule a crucial meeting like this on the day of elections and fail even to attend (as reported by Channels TV), even 2hrs after, without adequate communication. The president is known for punctuality

3. If actually the president wanted to intervene into the crisis rocking the national assembly, he would have probably delayed the elections as being rumored by many when the House of assembly complex was locked this morning

Sounds to me like someone in high places probably played on the intelligence of the APC lawmakers, and if actually someone did, one or more party members could be aware of this.

Meanwhile Congrats to the newly elected members of the Senate, and house of assembly in advance!

Do you have a spy camera inside my mind, because I have been wondering same thing? Considering how Saraki has been described as desperate, it may not be beyond him to have pulled this stunt o, because the president arrived 2am, when did he convene the meeting, how were the members communicated with?

2 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
9jatriot:

Do you have a spy camera inside my mind, because I have been wondering same thing? Considering how Saraki has been described as desperate, it may not be beyond him to have pulled this stunt o, because the president arrived 2am, when did he convene the meeting, how were the members communicated with?

Immediately I saw the channels TV news that he was absent at the meeting, My suspicion became strong. This morning, the national assembly gates were locked, probably if there were workers in there at the appropriate time, someone could have tipped the APC party leadership, lots of unanswered questions. This is called "Politics in high places", hope it brings development and not another crisis that will end up causing suffering on the masses.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by 9jatriot(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
greggles:

Immediately I saw the channels TV news that he was absent at the meeting, My suspicion became strong. This morning, the national assembly gates were locked, probably if there were workers in there at the appropriate time, someone could have tipped the APC party leadership, lots of unanswered questions. This is called "Politics in high places", hope it brings development and not another crisis that will end up causing suffering on the masses.
Who then communicated the meeting? I feel Saraki would have still won if APC did not go with a united front since he was always going to have his PDP friends back him up, but why play the treachery card, it simply reduces his person and credibility?
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by tswitch: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Your conspiracy theory stinks and it is not fish we smell!

So other APC senators in the NA today were what? Signboards?

Keep on deluding yourselves with illusions of a grand scheme while the whole world watches.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
9jatriot:

Who then communicated the meeting? I feel Saraki would have still won if APC did not go with a united front since he was always going to have his PDP friends back him up, but why play the treachery card, it simply reduces his person and credibility?

Well, I cannot blame Saraki or anyone if this suspicion is true, we just have to wait and confirm more details, its really getting dramatic but hope it doesn't delay or stall the house from getting down with business, I expect the APC to issue a statement and hold a peace meeting if neccessary.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by UnknownT: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
9jatriot:

I wonder how someone in Saraki's camp would have pulled such stunt that had Tinubu, Akume, APC governors and APC NWC members waiting for the president. The op is trying to absolve Buhari of calling for the meeting and looking for a fall guy to blame. Saraki would have won, 57>51
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by vedaxcool(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Changi, change is what nigerians demand for, and pdp working with the likes f saraki are working hard to keep nigeria in same location.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by meforyou1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki would still have won 57-51. Lawan stayed away because he knew he would lose
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Op, you spoke my mind
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
UnknownT:
I wonder how someone in Saraki's camp would have pulled such stunt that had Tinubu, Akume, APC governors and APC NWC members waiting for the president. The op is trying to absolve Buhari of calling for the meeting and looking for a fall guy to blame. Saraki would have won, 57>51

Far from my intention, don't forget Saraki was Amaechi's candidate, there are so many possibilities here but I am being cautious at mentioning any suspect in the brouhaha. Judging from Buhari's record, do you really think he would intentionally play this game with his party members and leadership and put himself at odds with them? The way I see it, Buhari has nothing to lose whether Saraki or Lawan wins, think about it
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
tswitch:
Your conspiracy theory stinks and it is not fish we smell!

So other APC senators in the NA today were what? Signboards?

Keep on deluding yourselves with illusions of a grand scheme while the whole world watches.

I don't even get your point here, all I needed was your opinion
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by Twy: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Frankly, we as Nigerians are the architects of our own predicament, these politicians deep down are just massaging their ego and pulling different stunts just to improve their social and political standing. it has nothing to do with improving the economic or well being of the general masses but like are I said, it is what I term a typical Nigerian move, massage ego, promote personal interest and find beaten down minds to support you. The question? Saraki's move with PDP says little about policy or legislative direction, will he partner with PDP senators or partner with the president? What is the end game here in terms of my wife and children? I just hate selfish pricks in my face all the time, a sentiment most Nigerians refuce to share.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by lawflec(m): 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
Bukola saraki is very desperate and can even go as far as sending d message, he is more dangerous than his father, olusola... Anyway his stay there is for a while he would be impeached soon. Cos his desperacy will get him at cross purpose with some bigwigs of the Senate.... Saraki is the loser not APC
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Twy:
Frankly, we as Nigerians are the architects of our own predicament, these politicians deep down are just massaging their ego and pulling different stunts just to improve their social and political standing. it has nothing to do with improving the economic or well being of the general masses but like are I said, it is what I term a typical Nigerian move, massage ego, promote personal interest and find beaten down minds to support you. The question? Saraki's move with PDP says little about policy or legislative direction, will he partner with PDP senators or partner with the president? What is the end game here in terms of my wife and children? I just hate selfish pricks in my face all the time, a sentiment most Nigerians refuce to share.

For me I don't really have keen interest on who becomes elected as long as it will bring the promised change and affect our lives positively, but I care about what went down because it will give us an idea of what might likely happen in the coming months and years. For instance, if the president himself pulled this off, then will expect more crisis rocking the party in the near future and do you think that will be good for us? If he did not have a hand in this, then it would be easier to resolve internally, but then Bukola Saraki would not have anyone to run to when EFCC comes knocking at his door, there are certain things we should prepare our minds for
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by tswitch: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
greggles:

I don't even get your point here, all I needed was your opinion

Let me break it down:

My opinion is the first sentence.

My point is the answer to the second sentence which happens to be a question. What of the APC senators we all saw voting for Saraki, are they PDP members too?

Do you understand now? The theory is full of loopholes that shows it's birth from unsubstantiated facts,propanganda and personal opinion and choice typically meaning you expected a Lawan victory and a Gbajamiala entry.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by Franzeez(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Without any bias, I don't think it is an easy task to impersonate the President of Nigeria in such a cheap way with all the SSS and co. Secondly the party leaders can easily reach out to PMB and ask if he scheduled a meeting, perheeps the likes of Tinubu and Co would not just go to a meeting like that. We must also remember that the news was that the VP scheduled the meeting earlier.

My opinion is that the leadership of APC scheduled the meeting when it was obvious they would loose. They tried getting the President or the Vice President but failed due to reasons I don't know, probably because PMB has vowed not to interfere in the National Assembly Issues which Osibanjo Followed too
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Bushari fooling himself, useless old man
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by onajo2000(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Conspiracy in high places
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
tswitch:

Let me break it down:

My opinion is the first sentence.

My point is the answer to the second sentence which happens to be a question. What of the APC senators we all saw voting for Saraki, are they PDP members too?

Do you understand now? The theory is full of loopholes that shows it's birth from unsubstantiated facts,propanganda and personal opinion and choice typically meaning you expected a Lawan victory and a Gbajamiala entry.

I still don't get your point. Read the question again. Your replies are prejudiced and didn't answer the question. Do you think that Buhari actually scheduled that meeting or someone else did so to lure away the APC members? I'm not keen at who wins the presidency, I didn't even want the president intervening, I expected both candidates contesting and bringing out the most popular candidate, but then, looking closely, it looks like someone lured the party leaders and house members to the ICC, and the fact that President Buhari was absent at the meeting shows something fishy may have happened
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by tswitch: 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
greggles:

I still don't get your point. Read the question again. Your replies are prejudiced and didn't answer the question. Do you think that Buhari actually scheduled that meeting or someone else did so to lure away the APC members? I'm not keen at who wins the presidency, I didn't even want the president intervening, I expected both candidates contesting and bringing out the most popular candidate, but then, looking closely, it looks like someone lured the party leaders and house members to the ICC, and the fact that President Buhari was absent at the meeting shows something fishy may have happened

You question reeks of ignorance, if you feel distinguished senators and senators elect can be deceived to a meeting without a procedure for authentication then we should not be in the same conversation
Dont mention me again I am in no mood to educate anyone.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
The president only trying to get rid of jagaban influence on the party. because he schedule the meeting. And was not der.
Re: Did Buhari Really Schedule A Meeting For APC Members This Morning? by greggles: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
The president only trying to get rid of jagaban influence on the party. because he schedule the meeting. And was not der.

That would really sound like a war is about to take place, hope this does not delay or stall governance for a while. The way I see it, there was no need for the meeting if it was meant to lure them away, it would have been better he never intervened and allowed Lawan and Saraki play a level ground politics and at least be satisfied with a democratic win or defeat. I wanted to see the more popular candidate elected on level play ground, so we won't have claims of manipulation to favor anyone

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Did Not Step Down For Buhari – Presidency / Dead Baby Found In Canal In Lagos [graphic Photos] / N4bn Uncovered In 470 Accounts, Says el-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.