Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! (1834 Views)

Fire Engulf NAFDAC Building In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
According to reports, due to the recent spate of deaths recorded in association with local gin, ogogoro, consumption in both Rivers and Ondo States, the Federal Government has banned it’s consumption nationwide on Monday, June 8, 2015.

Dr. Paul Orhii, the Director-General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), while addressing newsmen said that the death of 38 men in Rivers State was the result of the ogogoro they had consumed. The same locally made gin that left 18 people dead at Ode-Irele in Ondo State.

According to the NAFDAC boss, the high risks associated with gin’s intake has made it necessary to “warn the public to desist from the consumption of unregistered locally made spirits (Ogogoro) and other unregistered bitters.”

He also asserted that the government “would confiscate all illegally brewed alcoholic beverages” in the country. He recommended that “immediate reporting and evacuation of victims to the nearest tertiary health institution as quick intervention can save lives.”

He revealed that in a bid to ascertain the cause of the deaths in Ode-Irele, the NAFDAC team accompanied by a World Health Organisation (WHO), official, the Ondo State Commissioner for Health and Director Of Diagnostic Services visited the place to get first-hand information during that time.

He also said,
“A preliminary investigation by the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and WHO, ruled out any infectious diseases and confirmed the possibility of poisoning as the cause, and in turn, advised NAFDAC to conduct further investigation.
“The symptoms suffered by victims included vomiting, abdominal pain, blurred vision, headache, dizziness and loss of consciousness with subsequent sudden deaths of 18 victims.”
The NAFDAC boss was joined by Prof. Abdulrahman Nasidi, the Director of NCDC, while explaining that from their investigations, all indications pointed to the fact that “these symptoms are the hallmark signs of methanol poisoning.”
“The results of the laboratory investigation revealed methanol toxicity. Five samples were found to contain high concentration of methanol in them. Blood methanol concentration above 1500-2000mg/L will certainly lead to death in untreated patients,” he concluded.
http://www.breakingnewsngr.com/2015/06/nafdac-bans-consumption-of-local-gin.html?m=1
My question is for what?! What have we done to deserve this kind of mental torture from this new government?? undecided my fellow awakpa brothers, make una put mouth for this matter, abeg. We can't afford champagne and other expensive hot drinks. The government should give us another suitable option.

Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lalasticlala, come o! Everybody go hear dis one.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Adisa89(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
Adisa89:
grin grin grin
U think it's funny? Mtcheeeew! angry
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmmm. Danger Zone.. Red Alert! to all Villages/Local Markets. This could save a life.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Adisa89(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Braintouch:

U think it's funny? Mtcheeeew! angry
no na, I'm just sympathising with a brother sad
grin grin
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
Wow
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Adisa89:
no na, I'm just sympathising with a brother sad
grin grin
Sympathize with yourself! Shepe is not for the weak and frail-minded. Paul Orhii must be a douchebag for blaming ogogoro for the deaths of people in Rivers state. Wetin we want take appease the gods again? Shey na champagne?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
Good news. . .At least we won't have thugs, touts and policemen on our highways reeking of OGOGORO
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by GbengaJimoh(m): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
I reject this news in Jeeeeeeesus name!!
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Its not possible, there will be a kind of French Revolution in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
Martins301:
Good news. . .At least we won't have thugs, touts and policemen on our highways reeking of OGOGORO
Shut ur trap, my friend! We're your forefathers and village elders thugs?
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
GbengaJimoh:
Amen! Better person
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
GEJ don buy off all the originals now left the adulterated for the poor
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Braintouch:

Na because of you them ban this OGOGORO so. . . .Oloriburuku. . . . .carry your anger face NAFDAC
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by libertyfather(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
OMG!!! this cannot be true,....I have to meet jonah, this has to be reverse....#SayNoToOgogoroban

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by peleson: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hehehehe! Buhari go hearam! Sapele water naim em wan ban! Warri ll rise
Them never chin chon chin
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Martins301:

Na because of you them ban this OGOGORO so. . . .Oloriburuku. . . . .carry your anger face NAFDAC
You're a kid, so I won't blame u. Only mature people would know the importance of ogogoro to our tradition
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rogerdat
Kr0ne
Lagunna1
Xbladez
Warriblood
Abeg make una come see o
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Advert Spot For Sale
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Braintouch:

You're a kid, so I won't blame u. Only mature people would know the importance of ogogoro to our tradition

If you didn't have too much zinc, copper and dusting powder inside your skull you will realise that it is the locally produced unapproved OGOGORO that was banned. If you will die from not drinking OGOGORO you still have the NAFDAC approved Aromatic Schnapp in the market. Buy a bottle and drown yourself in it. Please don't quote me again.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Martins301:

If you didn't have too much zinc, copper and dusting powder inside your skull you will realise that it is the locally produced unapproved OGOGORO that was banned. If you will die without drinking alcnhol you still have the NAFDAC approved Aromatic Schnapp in the market. Buy a bottle and drown yourself in it. Please don't quote me again.
Ok, please zoom off and never come back
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by libertyfather(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
GbengaJimoh:

I join hand.....oya aduaaaaaa!!!

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by sambisa5: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
Braintouch:

guy,,,,,,,,,.....easy oooo
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Braintouch:

If you didn't have too much zinc, copper and dusting powder inside your skull you will realise that it is the locally produced unapproved OGOGORO that was banned. If you will die without drinking alcnhol you still have the NAFDAC approved Aromatic Schnapp in the market. Buy a bottle and drown yourself in it. Please don't quote me again.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Roses1(f): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
;Dlwkmd o
Braintouch:

Sympathize with yourself! Shepe is not for the weak and frail-minded. Paul Orhii must be a douchebag for blaming ogogoro for the deaths of people in Rivers state. Wetin we want take appease the gods again? Shey na champagne?
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by kr0ne(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Braintouch:
Rogerdat
Kr0ne
Lagunna1
Xbladez
Warriblood
Abeg make una come see o
Easy, boss. Dem no born NAFDAC papa well. Even the gods of our land would forbid this. But just in case e no work, abeg port sharpally to . . .

[img]http://www.barsaroweb.ilcannocchiale.it/mediamanager/sys.user/67565/heineken.jpg[/img]

Na the main shayo be dis. You no go miss ogogoro at all.
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by Braintouch(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
kr0ne:

Easy, boss. Dem no born NAFDAC papa well. Even the gods of our land would forbid this. But just in case e no work, abeg port sharpally to . . .

[img]http://www.barsaroweb.ilcannocchiale.it/mediamanager/sys.user/67565/heineken.jpg[/img]

Na the main shayo be dis. You no go miss ogogoro at all.
Mcheew!
Re: NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! by XBLadez: 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
I've seen a similar thread somewhere. E no go better for NAFDAC grin

(1) (Reply)

Emefiele-cbn Governor To Be Sack Anytime Soon / Very Graphic Photo Of Borno Bomb Blast (strict Warning - Very! Graphic) / NIGERIAN PROFESSOR AWARDED $1.1 MILLION TO STUDY NOVEL BREAST CANCER TREATMENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.