Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva (11424 Views)

2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC / FG Withdraws Charges Against Supreme Court Registrar, Others Over N2.2bn Fraud / Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by ROYALTIPPERS: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
NAIRALANDERS PLEASE BEWARE OF EILENTRUST (A DATA SELLER), HIS NOW SHOWING HIS TRUE COLOR; A FRAUD. TRANSFERRED MONEY TO HIS ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT FOR MORE THAN 3 DAYS NOW.
HE HAS REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRANSFER, AND NO LONGER PICKING HIS CALLS.

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD. THEY DECEIVE PEOPLE BY INITIALLY WINNING THEIR TRUST, THEN START DEFRAUDING NAIRALANDERS.

BEWARE.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by free13: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Chanj..... grin
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
PrettyClare7:
being a judge is not easy. Those ppl are always under threat to their life and to the life of their family members each time a case like that comes up. If you are in their shoes for the sake of your family members whose life are also @ risk,you will not do otherwise. I am nt supporting corruption m jst trying to show what is obtainable

Then i can go and loot Govt fund because i know i can threaten the judge and get away with it.

If all Nigerians have this kind of mentality, we will be finished by now.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by ndcide(m): 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
I said it before.

@ PassingShot never believed.

https://www.nairaland.com/2339765/buhari-orders-keyamo-step-down/4#34144222

www.nairaland.com/2351049/corruption-case-against-sylva-withdrawn/3#34327421

Well, we are who we are.... But to you sylva is not guilty of corruption. Keyamo just hated him that time, or Keyamo was living and acting a lie in pursuing the case with so much vigor initially.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by HzRF(m): 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
Nxt is nyako
Although he's walking free right now
They need to clear his name

I chance toh bad
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by badesco(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
With this useless judgement, that means the present Government would probably be encouraging corruption. How on earth did Sylva got away with a big fraud like this, 19 billion naira. It is a shame to this Government..
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by rozayx5(m): 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, don't worry! The APC is only digging their own grace. They will pay for it in 2019

hope PDP present a sound presidential candidate in 2019
and chase these fakechange agents undecided

1 Like

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by olami100(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Unbelivable nonsense
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Wildrage: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Everything seems to be working in reverse of the expectations of those who held high hopes that things would change dramatically for the better once their "no-nonsense" General takes over the mantle of leadership

Boko Haram were supposed to start fleeing for fear of being crushed , rather , they've increased the intensity of their attacks and the massive push back achieved in the dieing days of Gej seems to have been reversed

Political looters are supposed to be fleeing in droves, rather, they seem emboldened by his ascension, some like Nyako who'd hitherto fled the country to avoid prosecution willingly returned and we learn a reception is being planned for his return to Adamawa

The courts, contrary to our expectations, are speedily dismissing pending corruption cases before them and issuing restraining orders against the police from further interrogation/prosecution of suspected political looters like Saraki .
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sure! The PDP would...The APC is even making the things easier for the PDP. They are more clueless than I thought
rozayx5:

hope PDP present a sound presidential candidate in 2019
and chase these fakechange agents undecided

2 Likes

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by nnachukz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
Buhari's fight against corruption now becomes real. My people there is no Messiah yet
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Gavel(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
Guys, I implore you to read the news article and properly digest it. It says the court dismissed the criminal charge for "abuse of court process." Now, a criminal charge (and indeed any case at all) is said to be an abuse of court process if it is instituted and amounts to an annoying, frivolous or vexatious act. The best paradigm of an abuse of court process is if a charge or case is duplicated before a court of different courts on the same issue and seeking the same reliefs. Where this happens, the court is duty-bound, even suo motu (on its own) to strike out or dismiss the case for amounting to an abuse of court process. I believe the EFCC should be blamed here for bringing multiple charges on the same alleged offences. The EFCC should put its house in order and stop bungling criminal prosecutions.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by PrettyClare7(f): 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
kennygee:

Then i can go and loot Govt fund because i know i can threaten the judge and get away with it.

If all Nigerians have this kind of mentality, we will be finished by now.
swthrt calm down its nt about mentality it is about what is on ground and what is obtainable in nigeria. The country needs total liberation from corruption starting from the executive arm of the govt. The court will operate ruthlessly and sanction you when you steal if the executive backs it up in all honesty. But since the executive is the head of corruption,it will be difficult for them to operate because evrythng they know and have will be under threat
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by johnie: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
misterchris:
Those of you shouting 'Buhari has killed me'.... The Execu'thieves' is different from the Judi'sharing'.Buhari is no judge!

Is Buhari the head of the Execut'hieves?'
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by johnie: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Gavel:
Guys, I implore you to read the news article and properly digest it. It says the court dismissed the criminal charge for "abuse of court process." Now, a criminal charge (and indeed any case at all) is said to be an abuse of court process if it is instituted and amounts to an annoying, frivolous or vexatious act. The best paradigm of an abuse of court process is if a charge or case is duplicated before a court of different courts on the same issue and seeking the same reliefs. Where this happens, the court is duty-bound, even suo motu (on its own) to strike out or dismiss the case for amounting to an abuse of court process. I believe the EFCC should be blamed here for bringing multiple charges on the same alleged offences. The EFCC should put its house in order and stop bungling criminal prosecutions.

Thanks for the explanation but do you think EFCC's action is not deliberate?

2 Likes

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Moneyyy: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by babestella: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
Haha, this is not what Nigerians voted for abeg. What kind of flimsy premise is the court giving. This is unacceptable and APC should watch out for 2019. This "change" is a fraud, and you know why Buhari cannot fight corruption? Because he has a forged " WASC certificate" the issue was suppressed to be later used to check mate his moves. Watch out, Buhari cannot fight any corruption. The much they (EFCC) will do is to go after yahoo yahoo boys.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by TheAdvocate(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:
Useless court. All they know is how to dismiss corruption charges. A federal judge once told me how hard it is to give a good verdict with constant threats of murder/sacking, bribes and whatnot. These people are two powerful to be thrown in jail.

I think yu should rather abuse the prosecution. The judge's hands are tied.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Dollyak(f): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
TheAdvocate:

I think yu should rather abuse the prosecution. The judge's hands are tied.
okay. Something needs to be done surely.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by olujastro: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
While I don't like to jump on threads anyhow, it's pathetic to know Vanguard chose to present half truth to uninformed Nigerians. On May 28, 2015, Festus Keyamo who was prosecuting the case on behalf of EFCC abandoned the case without giving any reasons. He only left us to guess.
Now let me analyse it based on my knowledge of the issues. Sylva fell out of favour with former president Jonathan just before the Bayelsa PDP guber primary in 2011. Gej used the PDP NWC to bar Sylva from contesting the PDP primary. Subsequently, he used EFCC to hunt him out of the state. Sylva relocated to abuja.
While I acknowledge that Sylva, as well as all past Bayelsa governors including Dickson, Jonathan and Alameiseighia are corrupt (for me, where there are no concrete developmental projects to show, corruption is definitely present), the case of Sylva was more of a GEJ personal vendetta against Sylva. So now that GEJ is out of office, the case has died!
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by tommysparks: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
misterchris:
Those of you shouting 'Buhari has killed me'.... The Execu'thieves' is different from the Judi'sharing'.Buhari is no judge!
when you persecuted GEJ was he a judge or the police or the petroleum minister? #abacha did not loot state funds. Issorait, continue

2 Likes

Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by FLYFIRE(m): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
ROYALTIPPERS:
NAIRALANDERS PLEASE BEWARE OF EILENTRUST (A DATA SELLER), HIS NOW SHOWING HIS TRUE COLOR; A FRAUD. TRANSFERRED MONEY TO HIS ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT FOR MORE THAN 3 DAYS NOW.
HE HAS REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRANSFER, AND NO LONGER PICKING HIS CALLS.

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD. THEY DECEIVE PEOPLE BY INITIALLY WINNING THEIR TRUST, THEN START DEFRAUDING NAIRALANDERS.

BEWARE.
It will be very helpful to quote his name & fone number for all to see. The number of the one that defrauded me is 08167015961. If you put that number even on Google you will see what he has done to many people. PLS DO NOT DEAL WITH THE F.OOL WITH 08167015961...HE IS A SCAM
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Gavel(m): 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
johnie:

Thanks for the explanation but do you think EFCC's action is not deliberate?

You're welcome. Only the EFCC can answer that. But I think its pure ineptitude.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by johnie: 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Gavel:

You're welcome. Only the EFCC can answer that. But I think its pure ineptitude.

I am suggesting that it is deliberate.

Nyako's case to follow.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by Bensonite: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
olujastro:
While I don't like to jump on threads anyhow, it's pathetic to know Vanguard chose to present half truth to uninformed Nigerians. On May 28, 2015, Festus Keyamo who was prosecuting the case on behalf of EFCC abandoned the case without giving any reasons. He only left us to guess.
Now let me analyse it based on my knowledge of the issues. Sylva fell out of favour with former president Jonathan just before the Bayelsa PDP guber primary in 2011. Gej used the PDP NWC to bar Sylva from contesting the PDP primary. Subsequently, he used EFCC to hunt him out of the state. Sylva relocated to abuja.
While I acknowledge that Sylva, as well as all past Bayelsa governors including Dickson, Jonathan and Alameiseighia are corrupt (for me, where there are no concrete developmental projects to show, corruption is definitely present), the case of Sylva was more of a GEJ personal vendetta against Sylva. So now that GEJ is out of office, the case has died!
Chief you tried but also know that Diepreye Alams too was witch-hunted by Obasanjo led FG. Gani and well meaning Nigerians were happy for Alams been jailed regardless of any excuse because indeed all the governors are/were corrupt and any one caught, the better for the system. As it stands, Sylva may be walking free inspite of the financial atrocities committed just as Amaechi may be free too. This is why I hate APC for hypocritism.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by LKO(m): 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
misterchris:

Please dont waste ur precious time to these satanists whose stock in trade is to see Buhari fail. God pass them. Let them say wat they like, God would vindicate His own.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by OteDOLLAR(m): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
misterchris:

So hw does this government intend to fight corruption as they promised since d "judisharing" is different from d "Executhieves"

I DE WONDER OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! grin
misterchris:

So hw does this government intend to fight corruption as they promised since d "judisharing" is different from d "Executhieves"

I DE WONDER OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by sapientia(m): 3:39am On Jun 11, 2015
misterchris:

and GEJ was a judge abi
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by poiZon: 7:12am On Jun 11, 2015
misterchris:

!But u mistook gej for a judge to be jailing corrupt politicians?
baba one chance will make corruption so profitable n might eveen award them for job well done!
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by poiZon: 7:18am On Jun 11, 2015
PrettyClare7:
being a judge is not easy. Those ppl are always under threat to their life and to the life of their family members each time a case like that comes up. If you are in their shoes for the sake of your family members whose life are also @ risk,you will not do otherwise. I am nt supporting corruption m jst trying to show what is obtainable

foolish n dumb excuse abi defense!
is there no resignation button?
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by poiZon: 7:24am On Jun 11, 2015
PrettyClare7:
swthrt calm down its nt about mentality it is about what is on ground and what is obtainable in nigeria. The country needs total liberation from corruption starting from the executive arm of the govt. The court will operate ruthlessly and sanction you when you steal if the executive backs it up in all honesty. But since the executive is the head of corruption,it will be difficult for them to operate because evrythng they know and have will be under threat

sista u cant talk, n if inase u be lawyr abeg u need restart afresh cos u cant deefend.
Re: Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva by poiZon: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2015
LKO:

Please dont waste ur precious time to these satanists whose stock in trade is to see Buhari fail. God pass them. Let them say wat they like, God would vindicate His own.

another HYPOCRITE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Commence Bidding Round For Bitumen / Calling On The Ika-Igbo Nation(Anioma) To Embrace 30th Of May Sit-at-home / Ohanaeze Worldwide To IPOB: Sit-At-Home Is Nonsense, Take Your Protest To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.