Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official (8069 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More / Why Is There No Custom ROM For Gionee Splus And M5 / Gionee Marathon M5 Plus And M5 Enjoy Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Gionee’s global product launch event in Beijing made official two of the more highly anticipated phones of late. The Elife E8 comes with flagship specs and focuses on photography, while the Marathon M5 aims to impress with battery life.

The Elife E8 was the centerpiece of the announcement and rightly so. It’s built around a 6-inch QHD display for a 490ppi pixel density. It’s also an AMOLED panel, for deep blacks and vivid colors.

Under the surface, there’s a Mediatek Helio X10 chipset with an octa-core processor clocked at up 2GHz, and a PowerVR 6200 GPU. 3GB of RAM and 64GB of base storage are up there on the list of key specs.

It’s the keen smartphone photographer that Gionee targets with the Elife E8 and it shows in numbers. The 24MP primary camera offers the highest pixel count now in a major smartphone, if you don’t count the Nokia Lumia 1020 of course, and the almost ancient Nokia PureView 808. Software tricks allow it to produce images up to a jaw-dropping 120MP resolution.

The camera apps takes just 0.8s to launch and there’s phase detection autofocus which Gionee claims focuses in 0.08s to 0.2s. The sensor sits behind a six-element lens with sapphire glass front element.

There’s optical image stabilization which is able to correct for shakes up to 1.5-degrees in angle. The smartphone will also offer dual Tone LED flash, lossless zoom, and 4K video recording.

The Marathon M5 aims to address what Gionee calls a major “pain point” in today’s smartphone use, and that’s battery life. While other manufacturers have gone for replaceable batteries or fast charging, Gionee has taken a slightly different route.

The innovative smartphone packs a pair of batteries instead, each 3,010mAh in capacity for a total of 6,020mAh. Fast charge is supported too, and the phone uses dual charging chips, to charge both batteries at the same time, similar to Oppo’s VOOC concept. That results in faster charging times, while keeping temperature down, and thus increasing safety.

There’s also some software optimizations to help in prolonged autonomy, like background app management and and smart power consumption management. All that should mean that the Marathon M5 will last you four full days of heavy use. They’ve also achieved that while keeping thickness to a more-than-manageable 8.5mm.

Battery tech aside, the M5 is a pretty regular lower midrange device. It sports a 5.5-inch 720p AMOLED display, which is not exactly a tech masterpiece, but should do the job, while keeping energy consumption low. 2GB of RAM and 16GB of built-in storage are on board.

The Marathon M5 comes with dual-SIM slots and a separate microSD slot for expansion, so you don’t have to choose which feature to use. There’s also a 13MP/5MP camera combo for capturing memories.

Price for the Gionee Marathon M5 is quoted at CNY 2,299 ($370) and it will be available for purchase starting June 25. The Elife E8 will be pricier and set you back CNY 2,299 ($645) and you'll be able to have one from July 15 on.

More Update Coming

http://m.gsmarena.com/gionee_elife_e8_marathon_m5_go_official-news-12598.php

CC: Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by guydangerous(m): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Gionee’s global product launch event in Beijing made official two of the more highly anticipated phones of late. The Elife E8 comes with flagship specs and focuses on photography, while the Marathon M5 aims to impress with battery life.

The Elife E8 was the centerpiece of the announcement and rightly so. It’s built around a 6-inch QHD display for a 490ppi pixel density. It’s also an AMOLED panel, for deep blacks and vivid colors.

Under the surface, there’s a Mediatek Helio X10 chipset with an octa-core processor clocked at up 2GHz, and a PowerVR 6200 GPU. 3GB of RAM and 64GB of base storage are up there on the list of key specs.

It’s the keen smartphone photographer that Gionee targets with the Elife E8 and it shows in numbers. The 24MP primary camera offers the highest pixel count now in a major smartphone, if you don’t count the Nokia Lumia 1020 of course, and the almost ancient Nokia PureView 808. Software tricks allow it to produce images up to a jaw-dropping 120MP resolution.

The camera apps takes just 0.8s to launch and there’s phase detection autofocus which Gionee claims focuses in 0.08s to 0.2s. The sensor sits behind a six-element lens with sapphire glass front element.

There’s optical image stabilization which is able to correct for shakes up to 1.5-degrees in angle. The smartphone will also offer dual Tone LED flash, lossless zoom, and 4K video recording.

The Marathon M5 aims to address what Gionee calls a major “pain point” in today’s smartphone use, and that’s battery life. While other manufacturers have gone for replaceable batteries or fast charging, Gionee has taken a slightly different route.

The innovative smartphone packs a pair of batteries instead, each 3,010mAh in capacity for a total of 6,020mAh. Fast charge is supported too, and the phone uses dual charging chips, to charge both batteries at the same time, similar to Oppo’s VOOC concept. That results in faster charging times, while keeping temperature down, and thus increasing safety.

There’s also some software optimizations to help in prolonged autonomy, like background app management and and smart power consumption management. All that should mean that the Marathon M5 will last you four full days of heavy use. They’ve also achieved that while keeping thickness to a more-than-manageable 8.5mm.

Battery tech aside, the M5 is a pretty regular lower midrange device. It sports a 5.5-inch 720p AMOLED display, which is not exactly a tech masterpiece, but should do the job, while keeping energy consumption low. 2GB of RAM and 16GB of built-in storage are on board.

The Marathon M5 comes with dual-SIM slots and a separate microSD slot for expansion, so you don’t have to choose which feature to use. There’s also a 13MP/5MP camera combo for capturing memories.

Price for the Gionee Marathon M5 is quoted at CNY 2,299 ($370) and it will be available for purchase starting June 25. The Elife E8 will be pricier and set you back CNY 2,299 ($645) and you'll be able to have one from July 15 on.

More Update Coming

wow shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
guydangerous:
wow shocked shocked shocked
Why Woow?
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by 9Ace: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
$370 for M5? That's over N70K. That price is way over the top.

1 Like

Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by bigtt76(f): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
I close my eyes to new phone until further notice! All these ch1nko phone manufacturers don turn Samsung and Apple wey de release fones anyhow abi? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by guydangerous(m): 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Why Woow?
nothing
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by niceguy7(m): 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

More Update Coming

Good job....buh please WHAT ABOUT THE SPECS OF GIONEE M4?
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by niceguy7(m): 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
9Ace:
$370 for M5? That's over N70K. That price is way over the top.
Omo that is too much
GIONEE M4.....

NO SUPPOSE REACH 30K NAA.
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
niceguy7:

Omo that is too much
GIONEE M4.....

NO SUPPOSE REACH 30K NAA.
Gionee M5 no reach 70k

Na around 40K

Quote after
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by niceguy7(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Gionee M5 no reach 70k

Na around 40K

Quote after
Even 40k gannn still high

I ws tinkin myb 35k
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by timbros(m): 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
bigtt76:
I close my eyes to new phone until further notice! All these ch1nko phone manufacturers don turn Samsung and Apple wey de release fones anyhow abi? undecided

You're on point.

If you keep following new releases of phones, you will end up buying none.
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by grinface98(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
The true definition of 'Beast'
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by swisscarter(m): 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
M5 reach 70k na.......$1 na #198

$370=#73260
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by Techibility: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
You can check out the full specifications of both devices on techibility..com and tell if those prices are worth it or not
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by bigtt76(f): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Look trouble.... grin alas I ended up with 3 ch1nko phones contrary to my wishes. Sold one and retained two. Out of this two, one is forming dead angry other still tapping #GodDey #PoorTechSupport for #ExoticChinesePhones #Beware!

bigtt76:
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by xck123: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
next week M5 will be launch in Nigeria
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by dukeo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
xck123:
next week M5 will be launch in Nigeria

Haha says who ? Btw re we in October?
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by eleshin(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

More Update Coming

Pls how can I order for gionee e8? Heard it's not available in 9ja but I seriously like the phone and would love to order for it from any country. Thanks
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by CybaPhlex: 4:49am On Nov 07, 2015
eleshin:

Pls how can I order for gionee e8? Heard it's not available in 9ja but I seriously like the phone and would love to order for it from any country. Thanks

i can help you out but i would advice you wait till its officially launched in nigeria

but if you still need it am on #08164843610
#JumiaSalesConsultant
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by madjnr: 6:33am On Nov 07, 2015
bigtt76:
na your yeye infinix hot 2 wey no be chinko abi??
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by akwunmi(m): 8:25am On Nov 07, 2015
nice super spec but I no get $540$ =108000 thouSand naira nw....but over all lovely spec...e8
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by eleshin(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2015
CybaPhlex:

i can help you out but i would advice you wait till its officially launched in nigeria

but if you still need it am on #08164843610
#JumiaSalesConsultant
Heard it's not coming to Nigeria.
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by miqos02(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2015
ok
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by CybaPhlex: 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
eleshin:

Heard it's not coming to Nigeria.

Okay no p

JUst check online or use aliexpress to get it #if you are willing and have the cash
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by Pweedyruthy(f): 10:36am On Nov 22, 2015
abeg who know the real amount for gionee m5,I intend buying a fone soon, dunno weda my money will be enuf for it
Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by Warlord3000(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2015
Pweedyruthy:
abeg who know the real amount for gionee m5,I intend buying a fone soon, dunno weda my money will be enuf for it

Last time I heard I think it was around 43k smiley

1 Like

Re: Gionee E8 And M5 Goes Official by Jtmanager(m): 8:31am On Mar 22, 2016
Omo this gionee e8 son land naija yet ?
cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 affordable Android Tablets / How To Turn Your Photo To Cartoon Using Your Android Phone / New Action Movies To Watch This Weekend – Extraction 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.