Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials (32552 Views)

DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership / Rivers Gov Poll: Armed DSS Officials Storm Tribunal. / Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials-punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by Ephemmm: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
bestestgirl:
So why is this news? the DSS reserves the right to deploy and redeploy its personnel as it sees fit.
That 'Anonymous source' should be sacked, he obviously lacks the basic requirement for serving in the DSS and it is just as well that he has been turned back because that is how he would keep leaking highly confidential stories involving the President to the newspapers.

80% of Nigerian news is revealed by anonymous: useless journalism.

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by kadas01(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
nkemdi89:

God will bless you, that's why I always encourage nairalanders to dig into the archive before they comment, buhari can't do away with sss wether the apc noise makers like it or not, as ignorant as he was then he left such a top secret information on his table and went for lesser hajj only for ibb to takeover and saw the report, he realised nso was too powerful and he fragmented them into 3 bodies.to reduce their power.
Bless you too my sister! Most nairalanders don't have knowledge about such "classified" info!

All I know is that, the Service is always the "last man standing"!!
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Apparently you're the one that's totally ignorant. Apart from being the nation's Domestic Intelligence Service, the DSS/SSS is charged with the protection of the President, his family, and every senior government official. Close Protection Detail is their forte as the Service was design in the image of Isreal ' s Shabak/Shinbet (Isreal's Domestic Intel Agency). I suggest you read the 1986 Intelligence Act.
My friend all d various security agencies are equally charged in dat regard! That is y dey all ve their intelligence units! The NA, NAF, NN And d NPF! The SSS can't do jerk! BH don't even see dem as treat jus like civil defence! D only security agencies dat is formidable enough to pose any real treat to BH is d military and police! And that is why BH keep attacking dem! And as such PMB cannot depend on SSS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
kadas01:
Bless you too my sister! Most nairalanders don't have knowledge about such "classified" info!

Last man standin? There must be a mistake here!
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by fof1: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
HUNGRY REPORTERS LOOKING FOR ATTENTIONS. OF WHAT RELEVANCE IS THIS DISTORTED INFORMATION,PLS. GET UR ACTS TOGETHER AND STOP POSTING TRASH. PMB'S SECURITY IS NOT FOR CHILDISH TALK. VERY QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL DSS OFFICERS WILL MEET HIS SECURITY NEEDS WHEN THE TIME IS SET,PERIOD.
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
nkemdi89:
Protective duty is the sole responsibilties of Dss and no any other outfits, even the army can't fit into that, most police men wearing suits forming sib don't know anything about vip protection. Besides buhari has high esteem for the service so he can't do without them , during 1985 when buhari was the head of state the nso gave him the pro information about being overthrown he doubted them and the rest was history. Hausa alone can't work in villa cos its a federal organisation. Buhari owes the service a lot from the humilation they suffered from IBB courtesy of PMB.
sss means state security services, so let dem go back to their various state. And who told u sib dont no anything abt protection?
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
yemivictor:

Run after the president`s car?

*na joke i dey o!*

On a serious note, the bulk of their work is actually undercover. They're not meant to be seen or heard like that.
Help me tell dem o! Dey are not supposed to be seen! Dey re suppose to integrate and bring out information! Where is Shekau, sss don't know. Instead dey re runnin after d motocade of politicians!

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by youngjulious: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Na boko haram go guide am nw I don de believe say person tell me say dat guy no go reach 1 yr
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by akanbiaa(m): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
Even the last recruitment into the DSS was purely based on PDP connection and not merit so why should an APC president accept agents who owe loyalty to those who got them Job? My advice Buhari should use the his trusted security for now till another recruitment that merit is used.

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ocelot2006(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
ALISMILE:
My friend all d various security agencies are equally charged in dat regard! That is y dey all ve their intelligence units! The NA, NAF, NN And d NPF! The SSS can't do jerk! BH don't even see dem as treat jus like civil defence! D only security agencies dat is formidable enough to pose any real treat to BH is d military and police! And that is why BH keep attacking dem! And as such PMB cannot depend on SSS!

Again WRONG. Each service may be armed, but ONLY TWO are trained in CLOSE PROTECTION DETAIL, these being the DSS and the NPF-SPU (Police Special Protection Detail/ Blue Berets). And ONLY ONE is tasked constitutionally with the close protection of the President and co, and that is the DSS.

But I must say that you comparing highly trained and deadly DSS agents to the mere NSCDC aka Man - o-war with guns is a clear insult to Nigeria's premier domestic intelligence service and outright laughable. Do you know what it takes to train a single DSS agent? An average policeman's training doesn't even come CLOSE. Even in weaponry and technology, it is the DSS and NIA that receives the VERY BEST, not the Police or Army. I've personally seen this agents in action in Akwa Ibom State. These aren't just fit men in suits and shades and ear comm gears, but a potent force and brick wall backed up with the best technologies ready to protect their primary with their lives and pour down a precise hail storm of bullets down range at anyone sorry enough to be their targets. This service put the NPF to shame when they broke the kidnap ring in Akwa Ibom State, and is the very same service that SUCCESSFULLY held off waves upon waves of Boko Haram suicides attacks AT ITS GATES (talk of zero penetration) with discipline and precision firepower while Boko Haram made a mess of the Nigerian Police Zonal Command during the Kano attacks. And of course you'll here about more attacks against the military and Police. That is because they are FRONTLINE FORCES, not the DSS that operates in secrecy and in the shadows.

So show the DSS some respect.

3 Likes

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ExInferis(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
why is Marylin Ogre still employed?
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by nkemdi89(f): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
chuksfor13:
sss means state security services, so let dem go back to their various state. And who told u sib dont no anything abt protection?
You are less informed and have also displayed your high level ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by nkemdi89(f): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
kadas01:

Honestly, thanks bro for being highly informed.
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
nkemdi89:

Go and check d 1999 constitution andread the function and duty of sss( especially the one concerning protective duty) the service hasn't failed just that most nigerians are ignorant or rather myopic about the role of most security agencies. Read the history of sss and see the role the service has played in sustaining proactive and pertinent intelligence to ungrately people like you or do you think the peace you are enjoying today is as a result of our comments on NL?
and talking about the history of sss, where they not the special inquiry branch of d Nigeria police?
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by nkemdi89(f): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
ocelot2006:

Again WRONG. Each service may be armed, but ONLY TWO are trained in CLOSE PROTECTION DETAIL, these being the DSS and the NPF-SPU (Police Special Protection Detail/ Blue Berets). And ONLY ONE is tasked constitutionally with the close protection of the President and co, and that is the DSS.

But I must say that you comparing highly trained and deadly DSS agents to the mere NSCDC aka Man - o-war with guns is a clear insult to Nigeria's premier domestic intelligence service and outright laughable. Do you know what it takes to train a single DSS agent? An average policeman's training doesn't even come CLOSE. Even in weaponry and technology, it is the DSS and NIA that receives the VERY BEST, not the Police or Army. I've personally seen this agents in action in Akwa Ibom State. These aren't just fit men in suits and shades and ear comm gears, but a potent force and brick wall backed up with the best technologies ready to protect their primary with their lives and pour down a precise hail storm of bullets down range at anyone sorry enough to be their targets. This service put the NPF to shame when they broke the kidnap ring in Akwa Ibom State, and is the very same service that SUCCESSFULLY held off waves upon waves of Boko Haram suicides attacks AT ITS GATES (talk of zero penetration) with discipline and precision firepower while Boko Haram made a mess of the Nigerian Police Zonal Command during the Kano attacks. And of course you'll here about more attacks against the military and Police. That is because they are FRONTLINE FORCES, not the DSS that operates in secrecy and in the shadows.

Thanks a lot for educating most of the myopic, ignorant, senseless and childish creatures on these forum who feel they can just spew trash to tarnish the highly redeemed image of DSS. Most can not even smell the gate of the service but they can come online to vomit nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by nkemdi89(f): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
chuksfor13:
and talking about the history of sss, where they not the special inquiry branch of d Nigeria police?
Police is the mother branch of all security and intelligence outfit in nigeria so ask yourself why are they not growin? Besides sss has advanced in terms of intelligence gathering and operations.

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
ALISMILE:
you have said it all
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ocelot2006(m): 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
nkemdi89:

Police is the mother branch of all security and intelligence outfit in nigeria so ask yourself why are they not growin? Besides sss has advanced in terms of intelligence gathering and operations.

You definitely know your onions. The Nigeria Police Force is indeed the grand father of all 3 Intelligence Services. But I cannot place the old NPF on par training and technology wise with both the DSS and NIA. Even the selection process to join the DSS is HIGHLY SECRETIVE AND SELECTIVE were brains and brawns are required compared to the police were every tom Dick and Harry who can't even pass the Army's PT test can enter. Those guys are the REAL DEAL. So its quite baffling that they've been turned down while the Nigeria Army Intelligence Corps takes over. Last we saw this was during the Abacha years. I'm sensing that Lt. General Dambazzau (rtd) may have a hand in this. He is rumoured to be the next NSA.

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by kadas01(m): 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
nkemdi89:

Honestly, thanks bro for being highly informed.
You welcome!
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by nkemdi89(f): 1:14am On Jun 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

You definitely know your onions. The Nigeria Police Force is indeed the grand father of all 3 Intelligence Services. But I cannot place the old NPF on par training and technology wise with both the DSS and NIA. Even the selection process to join the DSS is HIGHLY SECRETIVE AND SELECTIVE were brains and brawns are required compared to the police were every tom Dick and Harry who can't even pass the Army's PT test can enter. Those guys are the REAL DEAL. So its quite baffling that they've been turned down while the Nigeria Army Intelligence Corps takes over. Last we saw this was during the Abacha years. I'm sensing that Lt. General Dambazzau (rtd) may have a hand in this. He is rumoured to be the next NSA.
Proactive intelligence is a collective effort of all, Dis which is defence intelligence service has 60 percent of its members from the army also sss over the years has been training other security agencies on intelligence gathering not because the service is shying away from her responsibilities but due to the current security challenges which requires all security agencies to map out strategies in combating the challenges. Sss has not failed in her responsibilities of procuring timely intelligence but as a secret agency one should expect them to be loud about every activities they do unlike their sister agencies.

2 Likes

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by frank043(m): 5:48am On Jun 12, 2015
bestestgirl:
So why is this news? the DSS reserves the right to deploy and redeploy its personnel as it sees fit.
That 'Anonymous source' should be sacked, he obviously lacks the basic requirement for serving in the DSS and it is just as well that he has been turned back because that is how he would keep leaking highly confidential stories involving the President to the newspapers.

Like seriously? Now tell me,how can you possibly sack an anonymous source?!!!...He doesn't want to be sacked that was why he chose to be a ghosty grin
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:32am On Jun 12, 2015
bestestgirl:

Yes he needs sacking!

How will you detect him easily?
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2015
madjune:

What do you mean? Is she not a director or a top gun at DSS?
I know she doesn't own dss but she's a mover there.

She is the deputy director of DSS.
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by iliyande(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2015
mrjojo:
Why do the state house need DSS 253 agents?? I don't understand, isn't it too much for just the presidency considering other security outfit(army, police etc) are still going to draft theirs.. hmmmm
Maybe you go and read the statutory responsibility of the sss in the 1999 constitution
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by iliyande(m): 9:24am On Jun 12, 2015
ALISMILE:
I laugh at ur ignorance! Talkin about SSS knowing about protection, weda VIP or not!D only tin d SSS know is show off in d front of top dignitaries! They no notin about protection wen there is real danger and in times of real operation! That is why their statutory duty is gathering intelligence, which is an area they ve failed woefully! Its due to chronic intelligence failure that this country can't even get out of the insecurity doldrums we ve found ourselves! And am sure PMB has seen dat they re good for notin and that is d reason for this rejection! They need to be deployed only for there statutory duty!
Do you read about sss at all?

The State Security Service is obligated by law to perform the following: as amended by the 1999 constitution

a. Prevention, detection and Investigation of:

i. Threat of espionage
ii. Threat of subversion
iii. Ehreat of sabotage
iv. Economic crimes of national security dimension
v. Terrorist activities
vi. Separatist agitations and inter-group conflicts
vii. Threats to law and order

b. Provision of protective security for designated principal government functionaries, sensitive installations and visiting foreign dignitaries;

c. vetting of:

i. prospective appointees to public offices:

ii. vital and sensitive corporate organizations before their incorporation in Nigeria, and continuous covert monitoring of their activities to ensure that they ate in line with national security interest: and

iii. Applicants for Nigerian International passports and Naturalization/Nigerian citizenship.

iv. provision of timely advice to Government on all •matters of national security interest; and

v. such other functions as may from time to time be • assigned by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by iliyande(m): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2015
ALISMILE:
hahahahahahhahahaha! Did u jus say we re enjoyin peace? Am sure u don't even biliv ursef! How do u even sound to ursef? As far as am concerned d SSS is jus overrated! In some occassions they cannot even protect themselves and had to depend on d military for protection! D ABJ episode is still very fresh in my mind! I simply challenge u to mention one case of SSS standin up to insurgency! There is none! Even cases SSS prosecute in court all end in failure, because of lack of diligent prosecution! All dey do is parade demselves in big suits. As far as am concern d Police is a million times more effective,dependable and productive than d SSS! That is y PMB is rejecting dem now! There is no moreroom for mediocrity!

Failure, police and sss are not the same bro. Read well
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by iliyande(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2015
chuksfor13:
They were, but are sss now. Nothing in common with the police now

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
iliyande:

Failure, police and sss are not the same bro. Read well
forget about d Police! Wat about d SSS? Are dey effective? Wat are dey doin? Can dey confront armed robbery or even insurgency? Do dey ve the much needed intel about d insurgency we re seriously grappling wit? These re questions we shud be askin!
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by iliyande(m): 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
ALISMILE:
forget about d Police! Wat about d SSS? Are dey effective? Wat are dey doin? Can dey confront armed robbery or even insurgency? Do dey ve the much needed intel about d insurgency we re seriously grappling wit? These re questions we shud be askin!

By saying failure, I don't mean the Police but you that fails to categories the two agencies into their respective functions.

1 Like

Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

u er goin to ve 2 pardon my language since am typin wit a phone! Today evry intelligent Nigerian knows that Intelligent Gathering is d bane of our security agencies! And d SSS is d only security agency in Nig that is primarily saddled wit dis reponsibilty! I cannot forget d fact that d SSS failure is dis regard, which has immensely mitigated against our nations effort in winnin d war on terror, must and shud be adequately blamed on dem! All devloped countries maintain their sharp military edge over others because of their effective intelligence agencies, and as such their mantra is,'prevention is beter than cure'. Today d disgrace this nation is facing wit regardto d Chibok Girls is due to d failure of our very ineffective intelligence agency in lacatin dem! How come this gross failure and chronic ineffectiveness of d sss is nt put on d spot light of d media so tthat adequate blame can follow so that Nigerians can put dem to task? The reason is because, just like our very corrupt judiciary, d SSS regularly grease d palms of our very undignified media, who deliberately remove dem frm d spot light! I do nt ve d time to highlight the degree of failure and ineffectiveness of d sss! Wenever I see dem by d motorcade of politicians I feel pained about how badly we ve missed up tins! Let me remind u dat d failure and gross ineptitude of d sss led to d insurgency we re facin in dfirst place! U talked about d sss workin wit d state of d art tech! However, it is shmful dat inspite of dis tech we do not know how BH get their supplies such as fuel,vehicles, arms and ammunitions and financies etc jus to mention but a few! Y is BH yet to be infiltrated by ur so called deadly SSS?Don't think we Nigerians don't know wat to expect! more response to follw! I urge u t read this beauifu piece! www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/159197-boko-haram-insurgency-how-nigerias-intelligence-agencies-have-failed-by-dele-agekameh.html
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials by ALISMILE(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
iliyande:

Do you read about sss at all?

The State Security Service is obligated by law to perform the following: as amended by the 1999 constitution

a. Prevention, detection and Investigation of:

i. Threat of espionage
ii. Threat of subversion
iii. Ehreat of sabotage
iv. Economic crimes of national security dimension
v. Terrorist activities
vi. Separatist agitations and inter-group conflicts
vii. Threats to law and order

b. Provision of protective security for designated principal government functionaries, sensitive installations and visiting foreign dignitaries;

c. vetting of:

i. prospective appointees to public offices:

ii. vital and sensitive corporate organizations before their incorporation in Nigeria, and continuous covert monitoring of their activities to ensure that they ate in line with national security interest: and

iii. Applicants for Nigerian International passports and Naturalization/Nigerian citizenship.

iv. provision of timely advice to Government on all •matters of national security interest; and

v. such other functions as may from time to time be • assigned by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.
u er goin to ve 2 pardon my language since am
typin wit a phone! Today evry intelligent Nigerian
knows that Intelligent Gathering is d bane of our
security agencies! And d SSS is d only security
agency in Nig that is primarily saddled wit dis
reponsibilty! I cannot forget d fact that d SSS
failure is dis regard, which has immensely
mitigated against our nations effort in winnin d
war on terror, must and shud be adequately
blamed on dem! All devloped countries maintain
their sharp military edge over others because of
their effective intelligence agencies, and as such
their mantra is,'prevention is beter than cure'.
Today d disgrace this nation is facing wit
regardto d Chibok Girls is due to d failure of our
very ineffective intelligence agency in lacatin
dem! How come this gross failure and chronic
ineffectiveness of d sss is nt put on d spot light
of d media so tthat adequate blame can follow
so that Nigerians can put dem to task? The
reason is because, just like our very corrupt
judiciary, d SSS regularly grease d palms of our
very undignified media, who deliberately remove
dem frm d spot light! I do nt ve d time to
highlight the degree of failure and
ineffectiveness of d sss! Wenever I see dem by d
motorcade of politicians I feel pained about how
badly we ve missed up tins! Let me remind u dat
d failure and gross ineptitude of d sss led to d
insurgency we re facin in dfirst place! U talked
about d sss workin wit d state of d art tech!
However, it is shmful dat inspite of dis tech we
do not know how BH get their supplies such as
fuel,vehicles, arms and ammunitions and
financies etc jus to mention but a few! Y is BH
yet to be infiltrated by ur so called deadly SSS?
Don't think we Nigerians don't know wat to
expect! more response to follw! I urge u t read
this beauifu piece! www.premiumtimesng.com/
opinion/159197-boko-haram-insurgency-how-
nigerias-intelligence-agencies-have-failed-by-
dele-agekameh.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others / Nigerian Killed In India Over Biafra / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.