Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,320 members, 7,853,478 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:25 PM

"Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics (3460 Views)

Scandalous Video Of PDP Senator Caught On Tape ‘doing It Hard’ In Office With Fe / THEBREAKINGTIMES -Tension, Confusion As Rumors Of George Akume’s Death Escalates / Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by omenka(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
brownlord1:

https://www.nairaland.com/2372421/why-osinbajo-been-locked-out/1#34659099

Now stfu and close down this thread
Still shouting?? Got a problem??

So finally a recognisable media house carries a story with a similar headline; are the contents of the stories similar?? Can't you see how provocative that of breakingtimes is, when what is being reported here is that the VP is hardly a security expert hence no need for his attendance. Thebreakingtimes is reporting that "all is not well between Buhari and his VP".

What manner of reportage is that??

And why do you want the thread closed Have I lied in any way in what I've written?? Are you the owner of thebreakingtimes?? Why taking this so personal??

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
Omenka, nice observation and write up. If the pdp way of coming back to government is through Breakingtimes and allies on nairaland, they are kidding themselves. Nigerians ain't stupid

3 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by viczing(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
Beremx:
Ohimai Godwin Amaize owns thebreakingtimes.com. He is the S.A media to Obanikoro and he's popularly called Mr. Fix It. He's on Facebook with that name.

Welcome back from ban

#beremwhileyouwhereonban saraki and dongara teamed up with pdp and became sp and speaker respectively cheesy grin cheesy kiss

4 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by TheOtherview: 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Beremx:
Ohimai Godwin Amaize owns thebreakingtimes.com. He is the S.A media to Obanikoro and he's popularly called Mr. Fix It. He's on Facebook with that name.

^^^I have been watching his antics for some time now.

Ohimai Godwin Amaize (born 1984)[1] was the Special Assistant (Advocacy) to Bolaji Abdulahi, the former Nigerian Minister of Sports.[2] In 2010, Ohimai became the youngest presidential campaign manager in modern democratic history. He inspired many Nigerian youths to become involved in the Nigerian political process for the first time.[1] During his undergraduate studies at the University of Ibadan, Ohimai engaged in social advocacy.[3][4]

Career[edit]
Ohimai is also an ambassador for Microsoft Internet Safety, Security and Privacy Initiative for Nigeria (MISSPIN), where he has worked to encourage Nigerian youths to shun cyber crime and scam through the B.L.I.N.G. project.[5][6]

Ohimai is known for his "social change advocacy" and public office work. He has worked with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Youth Development, Nigeria. He is a member of the political party People's Democratic Party (PDP). Joining PDP has drawn surprises amongst observers and associates.[7][8]

In November 2012, Ohimai was appointed Board member, Nigeria Academicals Sports Committee (NASCOM), the body charged by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the National Sports Commission (NSC) to enhance talent identification and sports development at the grassroots, especially in Secondary Schools. He is the Board Secretary of NASCOM.[9]

In April, 2014, Ohimai announced via his Twitter account that he has been confirmed as SA (Media & Strategy) to the Minister of State for Defence, Nigeria, Musiliu Obanikoro. This when combined with his role as the Pastor of The Underground, a Christian nightclub in Abuja will certainly be a handful for him. [10]

Ohimai was listed as one of twelve young Nigerians who will influence the 2015 General Elections in Nigeria in a recent article by Breaking Times. His political views which are often met with harsh criticism on Twitter usually command the attention of both the older and younger generations. Notable in the list are Blossom Nnodim and Chude Jideonwo [11]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohimai_Godwin_Amaize
Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
brownlord1:

Just dance to the music and stop blabbing, Though i want Buhari to succeed for the benefit of poor Nigerians, but APC as a party and you in particular do not have the moral right to spew this nonsense.

I remember seun wanted to make it an offense for members of this forum not to use derogatory words/insult political office holders, please go back to that thread and search for the response of these people you mentioned here.

Egift, Passingshot, Obiagelli, Demdem, Gbawe, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Donphilopus, Jarlons, et al.

It was an era you'all felt comfortable calling the president of Nigeria a drunkard, Clueless, Jona.daft etc, to you this was just fine, but few days ago hypocritical you and passingshot already making a post about how bad it is for people to insult the office of the president.

Common bro, you don't have the moral right when all you did was use same propaganda to blackmail Jonathan, won't you be an hypocrite to cry now that your man is there?

On that thread seun proposed to ban people from insulting politicians, please check for my response to berem when she made her usual silly post about seun trying to defend Jonathan. Did it occur to you one day APC/Buhari will be in power and people will pay you back in your own coin?

Hey man, when pointing a finger, there more gallantly pointing back at you, please just enjoy this party.

karma is a bloody bi.tch.

Nonsense

Can you be coherent in your thought process for once? You always comment like an unlettered motor park tout (No pun intended). I can understand your frustrations with jonathan's loss but hey! You need to stop embarrassing learned people here! Thank you!

6 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by omenka(m): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
Obiagelli:
Omenka, nice observation and write up. If the pdp way of coming back to government is through Breakingtimes and allies on nairaland, they are kidding themselves. Nigerians ain't stupid
I'm guessing it is an offshoot of hopefornigeria.com

So far, theguardiannewsUSA seems to have gone under after they had their lies busted twice by SR.
Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
At Poster, you are on your own, and i must tell you, you are seriously out of your mind, tell me any of their publications that is not true? even the Vp osinbajo issue you mentioned, other media outlet have also reported the story, go check ''the nation newspaper online'', the story is there.

it's a pity to think the APC is a party of the saint, you want to always hear good story about your party , right?

but sorry to burst your bubble, the more you hate ''the breaking times'', the more popular it becomes,

Personally i have started seeing their source in other sites and blogs. breaking times have come to stay, and i have fallen in love with them already. there is nothing you can do about it

and for your information, even if their publications is not given recognition here on nairaland, trust me, you will still hear the news, and you will go visit their site to read when ever they publish about ur party

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by omenka(m): 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
TheOtherview:

^^^I have been watching his antics for some time now.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohimai_Godwin_Amaize
Wow. Dude listed himself as one of the young Nigerians to influence the outcome of elections in the country. How much more conceited can one get?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:
Still shouting?? Got a problem??

So finally a recognisable media house carries a story with a similar headline; are the contents of the stories similar?? Can't you see how provocative that of breakingtimes is, when what is being reported here is that the VP is hardly a security expert hence no need for his attendance. Thebreakingtimes is reporting that "all is not well between Buhari and his VP".

What manner of reportage is that??

And why do you want the thread closed Have I lied in any way in what I've written?? Are you the owner of thebreakingtimes?? Why taking this so personal??

Even the 'dailypost' article looks too pedestrian to be trusted!

2 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
I've said it, PDP and saTANoids are full of blockheads.

2 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:
I'm guessing it is an offshoot of hopefornigeria.com

So far, theguardiannewsUSA seems to have gone under after they had their lies busted twice by SR.
Nairaland seem to have so much love for theguardianUSA, forgetting that people actually come here for reliable information
Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by omenka(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Nairaland seem to have so much love for theguardianUSA, forgetting that people actually come here for reliable information
Nooo. It is not the guardian you know, this one was actually registered last year and is meant to expire in 2016 or so. cheesy It was created by one "Anthony Ogbo" Here's where they had their bum toasted: saharareporters.com/2015/01/30/pro-gej-fraudulent-online-poll-busted
Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
oh girl, why are you stalking him? you know him, he does'nt even know if you exist, poor Cun-t like you
Beremx:

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Beremx(f): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
jack67:
oh girl, why are you stalking him? you know him, he does'nt even know if you exist, poor Cun-t like you
when I try as much to ignore these kind of people,they keep quoting me and making silly comments.
Where and when did I tell you or anyone I was stalking Godwin Ohimai Amaize?

Seriously?

2 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by patrickmuf(m): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
brownlord1:

Just dance to the music and stop blabbing, Though i want Buhari to succeed for the benefit of poor Nigerians, but APC as a party and you in particular do not have the moral right to spew this nonsense.

I remember seun wanted to make it an offense for members of this forum not to use derogatory words/insult political office holders, please go back to that thread and search for the response of these people you mentioned here.

Egift, Passingshot, Obiagelli, Demdem, Gbawe, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Donphilopus, Jarlons, et al.

It was an era you'all felt comfortable calling the president of Nigeria a drunkard, Clueless, Jona.daft etc, to you this was just fine, but few days ago hypocritical you and passingshot already making a post about how bad it is for people to insult the office of the president.

Common bro, you don't have the moral right when all you did was use same propaganda to blackmail Jonathan, won't you be an hypocrite to cry now that your man is there?

On that thread seun proposed to ban people from insulting politicians, please check for my response to berem when she made her usual silly post about seun trying to defend Jonathan. Did it occur to you one day APC/Buhari will be in power and people will pay you back in your own coin?

Hey man, when pointing a finger, there more gallantly pointing back at you, please just enjoy this party.

karma is a bloody bi.tch.

Nonsense
Sometimes I feel you've some kind of personality disorder...
In your quest to appear neutral to the course, you expose your obvious bias without noticing...You're always off point in every discussion I find you, it seems like you were/are a mistake...Accidental discharge might just be the word best for your description...

6 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by brownlord: 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
patrickmuf:
In your quest to appear neutral to the course, you expose your obvious bias without noticing...You're always off point in every discussion I find you, it seems like you were/are a mistake...Accidental discharge might just be the word best for your description...

Idiat, me being neutral or not is not the point, just keep shut if you have nothing to counter the point there.

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by omenka(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
jack67:
At Poster, you are on your own, and i must tell you, you are seriously out of your mind, tell me any of their publications that is not true? even the Vp osinbajo issue you mentioned, other media outlet have also reported the story, go check ''the nation newspaper online'', the story is there.

it's a pity to think the APC is a party of the saint, you want to always hear good story about your party , right?

but sorry to burst your bubble, the more you hate ''the breaking times'', the more popular it becomes,

Personally i have started seeing their source in other sites and blogs. breaking times have come to stay, and i have fallen in love with them already. there is nothing you can do about it

and for your information, even if their publications is not given recognition here on nairaland, trust me, you will still hear the news, and you will go visit their site to read when ever they publish about ur party
Seen.

2 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by brownlord: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Can you be coherent in your thought process for once? You always comment like an unlettered motor park tout (No pun intended). I can understand your frustrations with jonathan's loss but hey! You need to stop embarrassing learned people here! Thank you!

From a gender confused idiat.

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:
Nooo. It is not the guardian you know, this one was actually registered last year and is meant to expire in 2016 or so. cheesy It was created by one "Anthony Ogbo" Here's where they had their bum toasted: saharareporters.com/2015/01/30/pro-gej-fraudulent-online-poll-busted
Yeah i understand, that's why i am yet to understand the nairaland's love for that "fake" site. They have embraced Breakingtimes too

2 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by TheOtherview: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
omenka:
Wow. Dude listed himself as one of the young Nigerians to influence the outcome of elections in the country. How much more conceited can one get?? cheesy

To be candid, I see TANoids touting the same inordinate estimate of their own true abilities all the time grin
The problem is not that they actually take themselves seriously but rather that Nairaland's editorial policy (in)advertently encourages poor reporting standards.

We've had similar discussions about the undue weight given to news originating from barely disguised propaganda-outlets like HopeForNigeria, in the past...

Kairoseki77:
There seems to be a pattern on NL. A fully sourced article will grace the front page, generate a lot of traffic, and then a few days later UNSOURCED and CONTRADICTORY claims will hit the front page.

This is confusing to many people. Prime example, is the letter writing saga.

A sourced thread quoted an article in Vanguard. That article contained the contents of Iyabos letter to OBJ. It hit the front page and about 97% of us believed it to be accurate.

A few days later, an UNSOURCED and uncomfirmed post claimed that Iyabo did not author that letter to her father.

We were all confused, and it took a few days to sort out the truth. Nairaland created national confusion, single-handedly, by pushing that unsourcred thread to the Front Page.

There have been even worse instances where threads are "jokes", but presented as truth just to gain views. I am thinking of the Ngige crying over 2bn thread, and Lagbaja removing his mask. Many people STILL believe those threads were truthful.

Shockingly, this pattern is repeating itself again with this latest Oduah scandal.

A story hits the front page with multiple sources and several media outlets are reporting the story. All of us believe the accusations are true.

Then an UNSOURCED and UNCOMFIRMED thread hits the front page, that is completely contradictory. I am of course talking about this post:
=========================================================================================
theoctopus: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Senate Releases Stella Oduah's CV. The Nigerian Senate have released the Curriculum Vitae (Resume) which Princess Stella Oduah the Aviation Minister used in securing her appointment. According to the release, they confirm that the Aviation Minister's CV was in line with her claims, against what some media outfits have been writing in the last few days. They warned that the online news outlets Sahara Reporters and Premium Times should stop giving out false and malicious information that might lead to breakdown of law and order. Sahara reporters have already accepted misleading Nigerians and still refuse to apologize for their malicious allegations and frivolous claims.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria?ref=stream
========================================================================================

From the very beginning, that person claimed to have gotten their information directly from a public Senate Statement. It was an obvious lie when I first saw the thread, because the pictures of Oduah's CV that OP posted had a very prominent PREMIUM TIMES logo on it. I didnt take the thread serious, and expected it would be deleted as trash. Now it seems that OP figured out that the GIANT PREMIUM TIMES LOGO, was a dead giveaway that they didnt get the CV from the Senate, so they changed it. They downloaded the CV from the Premium Times website (where it doesn't have a logo), and reuploaded it to Nairaland. Hilariously, they decided to photochop a pic of Stella' face onto the resume. grin

Lets be clear.

1. The Senate is on vacation until January 14th. It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to have released anything.

2. OP did not list a single person from the senate that released it. WHO FROM THE SENATE GAVE OP ODUAH's resume? It might have just as well been ghosts.

3. OP claims (quite fraudulently) that the Senate released a "statement". (Where is this statement, has anyone seen it?)

4. OP claims that the Senate "confirm[ed] that the Aviation Minister's CV was in line with her claims, against what some media outfits have been writing in the last few days. They warned that the online news outlets Sahara Reporters and Premium Times should stop giving out false and malicious information that might lead to breakdown of law and order." SINCE THIS "SENATE'S STATEMENT" DOESNT EXIST, THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE.

5. OP's only source is the facebook page of some random PDP fan site. Where is this Senate Statement?

6. From what I can tell, there is no mention of Oduah AT ALL on that Facebook page. (Apparently I missed it, see below) Can anyone find where they mentioned what OP claimed? (Thanks eGuerilla) In fact, I think that post was WRITTEN by the owner of that Facebook page, and that they included the link to their facebook page as a PROMOTION and not as a source. Did any mod even click on the link to verify OP's claims?

Anyway, I was SHOCKED to see that thread on the front page today. It is an obvious fraud. The question I have, is what are the standards this website uses?

I am not a fan of Sincere9gerian, but he always uses sources, so I respect him. When other's on the politics section discuss issues, we like to use SOURCED articles to bash each other. When I post threads, I always use a source. Personally, this level of yeye journalism is against the politics section culture, and should be stopped. If we cant trust NL, then what is the point? The Senate has not released any statement.

Lastly, let us all wait until the government resumes on Jan 14, when the investigation into Oduah will formally start. These unsourced, and uncomfirmed, claims from the "Nigerian Senate" (which is currently on vacation) will most likely be exposed as fraudulent. In the mean time, this concerned Nigerian would like to know what determines whether or not a thread is front page worthy. Thanks and good day.

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by patrickmuf(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
brownlord:

Idiat, me being neutral or not is not the point, just keep shut if you have nothing to counter the point there.
And you think you made a point... That's the problem with fools, there hardly realize they're stupid...

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by gists: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is anybody still taking any of those "beer parlor" mushroom news houses seriously?
Personally, I usually scroll down any news post to see the source before even reading.
I just quietly ignore them and move on. No time for jesters and bad-bele news.

Anyway, thanks op for calling attention to it.

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by FreeGlobe(f): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
Kororugged:

Good observation.

Another tactic t[b]hey use is to make up fake Yoruba names as their correspondents[/b].

It is a very devious news agency, very unprofessional and full of lies.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by 1after: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Bloody hypocrites!!!! una never see anything sef .You mofos thought you have a monopoly of propaganda baa!!! It is only 13 days yet you idiots are already complaining!!! Just wait until 3 months when all of you will probably have high bp.Bunch of idiots

Old senile man like you just love cursing and throwing insult. At your miserable age of 65, you are still behaving like a toddler. Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Trut(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hahahahahahah grin grin grin... Only 13 days you guys have started complaining and whining, expect more within the next four years.
Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Ralphlauren(m): 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Yeah i understand, that's why i am yet to understand the nairaland's love for that "fake" site. They have embraced Breakingtimes too

If seun continues to entertain the lies from that website, it will affect the credibility of nairaland seriously.

I hope he sits up and does something about it.

Ohimai is fully aware that his lies are being pushed on nairaland's frontage and he's been getting maximum exposure thanks to you.

Seun osewa. Do something about it and do not ruin the credibility of your website as this will be a serious turn off for major advertisers on your site.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 12, 2015
how come you know these much about him, huh? a beg, go sleep
Beremx:
when I try as much to ignore these kind of people,they keep quoting me and making silly comments.
Where and when did I tell you or anyone I was stalking Godwin Ohimai Amaize?

Seriously?
Re: "Thebreakingtimes" And Their Scandalous Antics by Demdem(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
patrickmuf:

Brownfool is not. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollar Has Not Increased Since Buhari Entered Office. / IPOB Confronts Willie Obiano In London / Amen Rochas Okorocha Graduates From American University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.