Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation (39592 Views)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / INEC Forged Saraki’s Senate Election Results - PM News (DOCUMENTS PICTURED) / CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:
There was no gang-up against the SW. How can that be when the PDP supported the SW to the seat of Deputy Speaker even when pro-Tinubu group were against it?

In 2011 the PdP presented Mulikat from Oyo as Speaker but the APC went for Tambawal from the NW. Didn't they betray their sister for the sake of BAT? Now they also betrayed Yusuf from Osun state but God was with him.

Tinubu is not SW "personified", he's from SW. His interest isn't synonymous with SW interests. APC was beaten to their own game by the PDP, they should live with it.

The nation should stop this propaganda

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by thelastmediator: 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
My name is Bukola Saraki " I belong to no one, only my interest matters to me". I can switch at will to make it happen grin
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
There was no gang-up against the SW. How can that be when the PDP supported the SW to the seat of Deputy Speaker even when pro-Tinubu group were against it?

In 2011 the PdP presented Mulikat from Oyo as Speaker but the APC went for Tambawal from the NW. Didn't they betray their sister for the sake of BAT? Now they also betrayed Yusuf from Osun state but God was with him.

Tinubu is not SW "personified", he's from SW. His interest isn't synonymous with SW interests. APC was beaten to their own game by the PDP, they should live with it.

The nation should stop this propaganda[/quote]

Mr PROPAGANDA
It was only the PDP dat had TV stations and News Papper's Delivering Propaganda to Nigerians. By the way stop being a goofball.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by meccuno: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ghost01:
So Ali Ndume got played? grin grin grin
like a ping PONG.....

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by AhmedMustapha(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
olabest:
The book of change chapter 9 vs last And there rose a man from the sons of APC named Saraki, whose mother was PDP. He was a fearless man who fought his mother and went to live with his father APC. He rose before his brothers and fought to be crowned the minister in the altar of change but was challenged by the deadly king maker named Tinubu. And it came to pass that on this day the 9th of June, in the days of king Buha, the lion of Daura who was crowned by Tinubu the king maker, that Saraki opened a book in the gospel of change and gave the popular quote of King Buha which says "I belong to everyone and I belong to nobody" a significant meaning. In all stubborness and revolt against his father's house APC, Saraki fought under the anointing from his mother's family PDP, who never stopped loving him and was able to prove to the king maker that the kings quote is real and effective. He defeated the cruel king maker and was handed the holy books of change that he may minister daily from the alter unto everyone in the kingdom
NOTE: This is a joke
It's not a bad joke
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by jorlons(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ali Ndume is a fóol , is a foól

Ali Ndume is a foòl my dear people.

See the way Dem use and dump the mumu.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Oiselenjakhian(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by eddybaba4real: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
Let the wish of the majority prevail. The senators have selected Saraki an APC senator, though his emergence may not be the wish of some APC party members but let peace reign for the development of Nigeria. It is only when we live in peace that we can really effect the CHANGE that we all want to see as a united Nation. Let us Stand for peace n Unity!
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by EplFanSite: 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
AMAZING! Court tells man to stay dead

Donald Eugene was legally declared dead in 1994 and an American court has ruled he has to remain dead.

Guess you want to know why...... Find out @ http://www.afaat.com/2015/06/amazing-court-tells-man-to-stay-dead/
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by IleIfe2(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
PDP is taking credit for usurping the senate leadership from APC, yet some myopic people claim APC as the majority and ruling party has no right to organize itself, create structure and orderliness ("impose candidate") in the legislature.

This is the kind of environment in which PDP and their supporters thrive, a Zoo "The person with the most gra-gra takes it all".

When the opportunity arises, Saraki, Dogara and every treacherous vile creature in the national assembly should be mercilessly dealt with.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Winning123: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
U235weapongrade:
I heard it's d mayor of Bourdillion dat is the owner if the Nation.

It is a shame that you cannot be objective. The article may over sensationalize but their are some truth in it. Sometimes it is important to consider the message not the messenger after all not every body can come to the table with clean hands, including you as well

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by porka: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
[size=16pt]Come and see vex o.

Hollow ko, hologram ni.

Your Daura President that you people said has a 'Masters degree' from US war college is now hollow?

Otio

Fulani don knack this people maga sha!.

You better come back home and start your opposition politics that you are better at.

This federal thing don become Atari Ajanaku now.

You sold a whole generation of your offsprings to Fulani slavery without thinking of the consequences.

Awon omo ale jatijati.[/size]
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Change2015(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
uniknet:
"When some leaders met with the President after the coup in the Senate, he was said to “be hollow” without a solution to the crisis at hand."

The above is my worry. We need decisive action.

You listen to one side of a story and start worrying? That is not wise... Now, let me give you another scenario. What if Tinubu called the 9am meeting to pressure the President into publicly supporting his own candidate? Think broadly...

#change
#PMB
#APC
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by sage2(m): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

Consequences of PDP’s coup for Buhari

Responding to the emergence of leadership in the Senate, Buhari said “though a constitutional process has somewhat occurred”, he would have preferred that the wish of the APC leadership was respected on the choice of candidates. The agenda of PDP in supporting Saraki smacked of “vengeance.” The coup is a signal of of likely antagonism, criticisms and reckless opposition politics that Buhari should expect henceforth. At least, President Buhari will be kept on his toes by the PDP if he has the political temperament to withstand it. The PDP is ready to hold him responsible for all his campaign promises and he might not have a rest of mind until he delivers.

Nigerians will benefit if the bolder text happens. Is the nation against anything that will make PMB delivers on his campaign promises? I see antics of a bitter loser.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by peedeeasobie(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
jayfolarin:

So you acknowledge you are mentally unstable. That's a good one! Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery!

Back to d topic.. Saraki has lost every inch of integrity and respect from sane nigerians. Dare I say he has ruined the chances of future Sarakis as backstabbing, sabotage and disloyalty which characterised his father are bukola's adopted qualities. It's already been tagged the 'Saraki Curse' in the streets. Any upcoming saraki will be viewed in the same light.

Bukola Saraki should enjoy the dividends of his selfish move while it lasts. Another chance will most definitely not come!

This is your personal opinion sir and its only insincere people that share this opinion with you!

Did you loose respect for Tambuwal when he did this same thing?
Did you loose for Amaechi and Co when they did the same thing?

Keep your respect-loosing opinion to yourself sir!

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by linnyx: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
I think I should write a series out of naija politics. Imagine the intrigues, the suspense, the blackmail, the drama, the list is endless - there's no way of telling what will happen next. But make neutrals siddon dey look smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Aringarosa(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
"When some leaders met with the President after the coup in the Senate, he was said to “be hollow” without a solution to the crisis at hand."

My worry is from the Quote above, if Buhari can not seem to have any solution for ordinary party crises, how then would he solve the myriad of problems in the country?
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by fanysteve: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is a shame,a big disgrace ,APC can't put their house to order,It appears to me that Saraki in his statement also called himself a Leader of the party,APC is a party that does not have a particular Leader,some APC members calls Tinubu their leader,while others say PMB is the leader,Lie Mohammed said the APC has so many leaders,APC senators comes on Air to disgrace themselves cos they can't explain who their true leader is, Even the APC National chairman does not have a Voice in their affairs,the Vice President is also not respected and he's regarded as a Commissioner, APC is one car with so many driver at a time,that one na accident go end am na,APC is one House with many Fathers, To my own observation APC is definitely going to crash soon,in less than 2Months,Apc will Fall cos they have too many dictators,Leaders,Controllers, that claims to be a political god.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Olacchris: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
So theres still coup plotters in Nigerian civilian rule
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by tunjidj3: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Conspiracy and the
Buhari factor
According to investigation, the initial plan by the President was to delay the inauguration of the Senate by one hour for fence mending by APC members of the National Assembly and re-strategise on how to stop the PDP from capitalising on the crack in the party. If the strategy had walked, the inauguration would have held at about 11am.
A highly-placed source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The President had actually made up his mind to be at the ICC but there were feelers that some associates and strategists prevailed on him not to dabble in the selection of the Assembly leadership because he will portray himself as an inconsistent leader having promised not to interfere in the internal affairs of the Legislature.
“Probably acting pro-Saraki’s script, these associates/ strategists made the President to realise that his last-minute intervention would amount to dancing to the tune of one man: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
“The joker probably made sense to the President and he chose to abandon the meeting at the ICC. Unfortunately, there was no communication between his office and the 51 APC Senators who heeded his invitation.
“It was around 10.35am, we saw that the inaugural session was already on and Saraki had been elected. If we were to be defeated, it should have been done on the floor.”
Hmmmmmmmm
PMB FOR SHOW
A DOUBLE MINDED PERSON CAN NOT STAND
TINUBU SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL
the party get suck
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by haqueurate(m): 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Its really ok, that judas is showing up early. At least we know he is from his father (pdp), we need to quickly ldentify the rest of his cohorts so we can mark them as anti progressive change and keep them were they belong. We know they wont roll over and let the masses win, nope they need to keep the country failing so they can continue to rip us off. The extremely wealthy, selfish and corrupt politicians, trying every thing to keep the status quo (coup inclusive) but time has changed, we are watching them in 3d ( this no be clueless regime). Let them start raising yeye bills or deliberately block babas progressive laws and see
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Frankiss44(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
So I created this topic since morning and it didn't make front page, someone came and copied it in the afternoon and all of a sudden, it's on front page... I hail ona for nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by wandyvirus(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
I completely agree with you. I told a friend a few days ago that this will be the outcome. He said it will not happen. I spent a few minutes with Saraki in 2006 and i came away with a feeling of a very calculating persona with very high political ammbitions. It played out with is father, it is playing out with the APC. For me this is very good for us as a nation. I look forward to the intrigues and the "countertrigues" in the next four years.
mandarin:
President Buhari will have to learn fast on the business of politiking. There were many hands in the emergence of Bikola Saraki :
1. The Atiku group : As a way of proving themselves and positioning themselves against next presidentia election. Atiku's heart is a mobile one and will roost in any party that will guarrannttee his long held dream of becoming the president. The essence of this coup is to position themselves to be relevant and be at a vantage position to negotiate position for influencial posts and escape corruption probes. Ultimately, its reducing ACN's stronghold on PMB and position for 2019

2. The Ex-Governors group : These are former governors some of whom also have presidential hopes ahead like Kwankwasor and the PDP guys. Their own is to immune themselves against any anti grafts that may be too tough to handle when EFCC begin to work.
Another subgroup include Tambuwal and the young guns who want to reduce the influence of Tinubu so as to send signal to PMB that he need to reckon with them.

I make bold to say that it was not the politiking of PDP but that of these power brokers that are trying to strategize for two core reasings of grabbing power especially if PMB wont be contesting in 2019 and to escape activities of anti graft agencies.

Tinubu should just take things easy and learn about national politics. He should draw Fashola closer and let him get a good rapport with the President because none of these players can defeat him in 2019 if he should stand. He will be good as Chief of Staff or even SGF or Energy Minister. He should support those from his camp already in the good books of Buhari and help them to succeed like Fayemi while he must place smart by taking the battle to PDP in their base.
Nigerians want dividents of democracy and anything short of that will rubbish all his achievements. Period.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by NaijaKnight(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
olabest:
The book of change chapter 9 vs last And there rose a man from the sons of APC named Saraki, whose mother was PDP. He was a fearless man who fought his mother and went to live with his father APC. He rose before his brothers and fought to be crowned the minister in the altar of change but was challenged by the deadly king maker named Tinubu. And it came to pass that on this day the 9th of June, in the days of king Buha, the lion of Daura who was crowned by Tinubu the king maker, that Saraki opened a book in the gospel of change and gave the popular quote of King Buha which says "I belong to everyone and I belong to nobody" a significant meaning. In all stubborness and revolt against his father's house APC, Saraki fought under the anointing from his mother's family PDP, who never stopped loving him and was able to prove to the king maker that the kings quote is real and effective. He defeated the cruel king maker and was handed the holy books of change that he may minister daily from the alter unto everyone in the kingdom

Hahaha!
Nice one Bro! You'll make an amazing narrator!
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by wandyvirus(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
A very intelligent joke i tell you!
olabest:
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by alakanfe2(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
[b][/b]
mandarin:
President Buhari will have to learn fast on the business of politiking. There were many hands in the emergence of Bikola Saraki :
1. The Atiku group : As a way of proving themselves and positioning themselves against next presidentia election. Atiku's heart is a mobile one and will roost in any party that will guarrannttee his long held dream of becoming the president. The essence of this coup is to position themselves to be relevant and be at a vantage position to negotiate position for influencial posts and escape corruption probes. Ultimately, its reducing ACN's stronghold on PMB and position for 2019

2. The Ex-Governors group : These are former governors some of whom also have presidential hopes ahead like Kwankwasor and the PDP guys. Their own is to immune themselves against any anti grafts that may be too tough to handle when EFCC begin to work.
Another subgroup include Tambuwal and the young guns who want to reduce the influence of Tinubu so as to send signal to PMB that he need to reckon with them.

I make bold to say that it was not the politiking of PDP but that of these power brokers that are trying to strategize for two core reasings of grabbing power especially if PMB wont be contesting in 2019 and to escape activities of anti graft agencies.

Tinubu should just take things easy and learn about national politics. He should draw Fashola closer and let him get a good rapport with the President because none of these players can defeat him in 2019 if he should stand. He will be good as Chief of Staff or even SGF or Energy Minister. He should support those from his camp already in the good books of Buhari and help them to succeed like Fayemi while he must place smart by taking the battle to PDP in their base.
Nigerians want dividents of democracy and anything short of that will rubbish all his achievements. Period.
in fact you've said it all.tinubu thought he can face those bigwig in the party as a loner but now he need to wake up and draw the intelligent one in his camp to buhari.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by PenAndPaper: 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
blackpanda:

From your post it is clear you didn't read a word of the piece, but just proceeded to spill trash as usual.
Btw which tea are u drinking?
The tea you can't afford.
I read every word and comprehended it well
I gave an overview on how I feel
If it doesn't sit well with you
Please close your eyes. Guess you will be more useful blind.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by porka: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
haqueurate:
Its really ok, that judas is showing up early. At least we know he is from his father (pdp), we need to quickly ldentify the rest of his cohorts so we can mark them as anti progressive change and keep them were they belong. We know they wont roll over and let the masses win, nope they need to keep the country failing so they can continue to rip us off. The extremely wealthy, selfish and corrupt politicians, trying every thing to keep the status quo (coup inclusive) but time has changed, we are watching them in 3d ( this no be clueless regime). Let them start raising yeye bills or deliberately block babas progressive laws and see

[size=15pt]You are still here deceiving yourself?

Are you as daft as your dullard Baba ni?

The Nation, your intellectual and propaganda outfit has already given up.

They said they've just discovered that the dullard that we have known since 1984 is actually HOLLOW!

Your party is dead, they are preparing the requiem now.[/size]
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Ephemmm: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
barcanista:

The nation should stop this propaganda

Well said! But PDP was the real looser in my own opinion. With only 6-7 APC members in the chamber, don't you think we could have had Mark or other PDP senator as the Senate President again?

PDP needs to be smarter, honestly.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Honestly, I don't want mark as SP. It is not his Chieftaincy title. However, should the PDP elect to have their own occupy the office, the APC present may cause a rowdy session so as to disrupt the process for rescheduling. Should that happen, the Saraki group will be forced to concede to Lawan's group so as to tame the PDP in the rescheduled election. But with this arrangement, the PDP not only have the DSP but are also in control of the Senate
Ephemmm:

Well said! But PDP was the real looser in my own opinion. With only 6-7 APC members in the chamber, don't you think we could have had Mark or other PDP senator as the Senate President again?

PDP needs to be smarter, honestly.
Re: The Untold Story Of PDP’s Coup Behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency - The Nation by PrinceNwokeji: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
THE CHANGE JUST STARTED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Soldiers Dance As They Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram (Video) / Atiku Visits Omisore Over Osun Elections / Olusegun Obasanjo At Christ Embassy Crossover Night, States Five 'P' Pillar For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.