Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,459 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari (5709 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Obasanjo To Buhari: 'Begin Anti-Corruption War With Yourself, Osinbajo, Saraki' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Alphaoscar: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
erunz:
Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has advised President Muhammodu Buhari not to take APC South West, Bola Ahmed Tinubu too serious.

The message was sent out on Wednesday, when the former President urged the incumbent President not to be persuaded by Tinubu’s bitterness on the victory of Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara as Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively.

Obasanjo said; “How can Tinubu be speaking on the interest of the party as if he owns the party? Are the winners (Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara) not APC members again? APC is not a personal property of anyone. The party belongs to everybody and belongs to no single person.

“I will therefore urge the Mr. President to dwell little on the hot agitations of the aggrieved leaders and the Senators-elect. If APC as a political party is heading to court, fine. But we should know that no kind of intimacy can follow after leaving the court. And I believe you all know what that means in Yoruba culture and belief.”

Lex-President Obasanjo, also condemned the moves of the party to challenge the victory of Senator Bukola Saraki and Hon. Yakubu Dogara, as Senate President and Speaker of House of Representatives respectively.

He said, “the action will amount to one pulling down his house because of unwanted occupants.

Ex-President went on to advice Tinubu and his band of bitter-men to swallow the bitter pill with courage as party men. He added, “The deed has been done. The party cannot shy away from correcting some anomalies in the processes that produced the duo as Senate President and Speaker.

http://www.opinionriver.com/dont-take-tinubu-too-serious-ex-president-olusegun-obasanjo-to-president-buhari/

I can only sense lies from both the source and the story.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

The only mistake APC made was conducting an open ballot straw election to choose the leaders.
Recollect that all candidates had signed to abide by the outcome of the election but only reneged on such agreement when they used open ballot system. Where is that even done in modern democracy?

Had they done the usual secret ballot and Lawan and Gbaja won, Saraki and Dogara would have no option than to accept their fate. And if they fail to do otherwise, it would have been a clear message they're no longer interested in APC.

Again, APC could have long zoned the two positions as advised by Kwankwaso long ago. If they had done all these earlier, Saraki's wings would have been clipped but they failed to.

Irrespective of having to contend with an APC/PDP senate leadership is annoying, it is still better than what could happen to APC should they want to pursue the court option. It will break the party completely. In fact, it is what PDP currently prays for so as to welcome Saraki (and possibly Dogara) with open arms.

The solution lies in accepting them and resolve their differences.

Saraki ambition shouldn't supersede that of the Party! If the party in its wisdom decided to go for Open Ballot, who is Saraki to disobey them? If the party in its wisdom decided to call for a meeting, who is Saraki to Disobey them?

Let us not set a dangerous precedent that will haunt the Party more especially around elections time. The issue of Saraki should be dealt with once and for all! Let him defect if he wants! Buhari should just deliver the dividends of Change and Nigerians will queue behind APC in 2019! Enough said!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Saraki ambition shouldn't supersede that of the Party! If the party in its wisdom decided to go for Open Ballot, who is Saraki to disobey them? If the party in its wisdom decided to call for a meeting, who is Saraki to Disobey them?

Let us not set a dangerous precedent that will haunt the Party more especially around elections time. The issue of Saraki should be dealt with once and for all! Let him defect if he wants! Buhari should just deliver the dividends of Change and Nigerians will queue behind APC in 2019! Enough said!
Open ballot is not done anywhere in these days. Elections are meant to choose out of one's freewill and that cannot be guaranteed in an open ballot election.

I usually support APC especially at federal level but the party was wrong with the open ballot election.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Alphaoscar:

If they have waited for the APC peeps to arrive Saraki would have lost that election . Did you ever wonder why there was no vote in his own election but only adoption? Some PDP Senators are actually ready to defy their own party as well.

As at the time they (PDPsenators) reached that NA assembly premises there was no consensus among them on who to support and atleast 17 of them including David Mark actually voted Lawan in their own straw poll.

The very reason, I want APC to sanction him and damn the consequences! Its too early to forgive!
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
PDP and saTANoids are not creative. They lack concept.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Open ballot is not done anywhere in these days. Elections are meant to choose out of one's freewill and that cannot be guaranteed in an open ballot election.

I usually support APC especially at federal level but the party was wrong with the open ballot election.

The questions : is Open Ballot Illegal or outlawed?

If the Majority Wanted Open ballot, should the minority Hold them to ransom?

The Voice vote that Returned Saraki was it Secret Ballot?
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

If PDP members were just 20, would Saraki had disobeyed his party?

Is he a member of PDP or APC?
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Alphaoscar: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The problem is not that he won the race as the Senate President but the ways and manners he used in achieving that feat. He ' allegedly' tagged the VP a mere commissioner, he disobeyed and ignored the President's call for the party caucus meeting, he disobeyed his party and ridiculed the party leaders and ensure that an opposition Senator ascend to the post that ordinarily should have gone to his party members. He even betrayed and sold Senator Alli Ndume out all because he want to be the senate President.

This is APC and not PDP where supremacy of the party should be supreme. Should Saraki be left untouched and not sactioned then the party should be braced for more indiscipline and embarrassment from other members of the party.

If Buhari can bow to the party's discipline then who is Saraki to be left untouched?
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Alphaoscar: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

The problem is not that he won the race as the Senate President but the ways and manners he used in achieving that feat. He ' allegedly' tagged the VP a mere commissioner, he disobeyed and ignored the President's call for the party caucus meeting, he disobeyed his party and ridiculed the party leaders and ensure that an opposition Senator ascend to the post that ordinarily should have gone to his party members. He even betrayed and sold Senator Alli Ndume out all because he want to be the senate President.

This is APC and not PDP where supremacy of the party should be supreme. Should Saraki be left untouched and not sactioned then the party should be braced for more indiscipline and embarrassment from other members of the party.

If Buhari can bow to the party's discipline then who is Saraki to be left untouched?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Alphaoscar:

That's why I marvel, when naive people call for truce on this issue! As it is now, Saraki is more loyal to Atiku and PDP than Buhari/APC! And it doesn't have a chance, having sold his sole to The Devil! How can he preside over 51 dissidents of his own party in a Forum of 109?

No and No! Expel him I say!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by mikolo80: 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
TonySpike:
It is time the government wield the big stick at this mushroom websites heating up the political space of Nigeria. I just hope and believe Seun and his mods will not move this fake news to the front page...
i see we have fans of fascism on this site

funny how you cherish freedom of speech but want to cut short that of others
you think say na only you sabi ba
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Alphaoscar: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

That's why I marvel, when naive people call for truce on this issue! As it is now, Saraki is more loyal to Atiku and PDP than Buhari/APC! And it doesn't have a chance, having sold his sole to The Devil! How can he preside over 51 dissidents of his own party in a Forum of 109?

No and No! Expel him I say!

He may not even be expelled but there are so many ways he can be punished and that punishment should start from rendering him lightweight and reduce his influence on the party in Kwara state.

Hundreds of people are waiting in the wings to pound on him and render his useless in that state.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by TonySpike: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
mikolo80:
i see we have fans of fascism on this site

funny how you cherish freedom of speech but want to cut short that of others
you think say na only you sabi ba

Freedom of speech equals the publication of false stories, right? How would you feel if a rumour involving you is widely propagated and your image vis-a-vis personality gets dented? Get real, bro!
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by PassingShot(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Alphaoscar:

NgeneUkwenu:

If PDP members were just 20, would Saraki had disobeyed his party?

Is he a member of PDP or APC?

Like I said, I do not mind him disciplined for his treachery. I just feel the time is not right for such. But again, what do I now about politics and politicking.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by spako4(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
FAKE NEWS
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by HarveyMadu: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
So you want to write the exam. You need help and there are too many people claiming to they can help you. I understand. But i don't want to speak for myself, I don't want to talk about the impossible things we can achieve together. That's why I would direct you to visit my website. Here from my old students, see what they have to say. If you are still confused, call me and we shall make everything clear to you.

www.syngerylifelineconsulting.com

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Chiaka(f): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tinubu Buhari is no more president elect of APC but now president of Nigeria. Buhari should be respected as president of Nigeria and he made it clear from his ingauration speech that he will not dabble into legislatives etc repsect that.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Alphaoscar: 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Like I said, I do not mind him disciplined for his treachery. I just feel the time is not right for such. But again, what do I now about politics and politicking.

I perfectly understand yours fears Bro because of the delicate situation the issue but remember he foughthis battle in a very dirty way and let the party also dash him a dose of dirty politics and let's who will cry.

APC is the ruling party now and they hold all the Aces. Should the party play the Saraki's brand of politics 50% of those gearing him on will fall in line and he will be left nurse his wound either by making noise or he succumb to the supremacy of the party.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is one of the reasons why I like the people of Ondo state. Tinubu wanted to impose Akeredolu on us, but we reject APC in Ondo state. That is what makes us differ from other southwest states...........Ondo state, my place of pride

1 Like

Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by dayo23(f): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
So why hasn't Obasanjo congratulated Saraki and Dogara?

Oceanriver.com! Yeye and Fake Website!
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by dayo23(f): 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
olafisoyeibukun:
This is one of the reasons why I like the people of Ondo state. Tinubu wanted to impose Akeredolu on us, but we reject APC in Ondo state. That is what makes us differ from other southwest states...........Ondo state, my place of pride
Bro APC is taking over Ondo next Gubernatorial Election, believe it or not Iroko is going down, people of Ondo eagerly can't wait to vote out PDP, the mistake Tinubu made then was selecting Akeju, he has learnt his lesson.
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by Chigorkizz(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
where are the people shouting"Jagaban himself"
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by wordcat(m): 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Re: Don’t Take Tinubu Too Serious, Ex-pre. Olusegun Obasanjo To President Buhari by mikolo80: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2015
TonySpike:

Freedom of speech equals the publication of false stories, right? How would you feel if a rumour involving you is widely propagated and your image vis-a-vis personality gets dented? Get real, bro!
I would feel I need to get a lawyer and bury the news outlet alive and get paid at the same time instead of looking for shortcuts like banning from nairaland or whatever other lazyman idea you've suggested

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara Receives Zik Prize In Leadership Award. / Breaking: Principal Who Issued Adeleke’s Testimonial Admits Errors / Tinubu Inaugurates 2023 Presidential Media Team.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.