Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,960 members, 7,852,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City (6844 Views)

Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics / "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by joeprince23(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
I'm a current serving corp member in PH, I was born and raised in lagos,to a mum from oyigbo rivers state and dad from nnewi anambra. I was naïve about ss/se having been in lagos since birth and studied in Uniben, I have always wanted to visit my maternal home(PH). I got posted to rivers for nysc(nowa tai camp). I traveled wit a friend from benin to aba abia state(his hometown). The next mornin he left for camp in Akwa ibom state and I left for ph,to my suprise just after 35mins of leaving aba we were already in ph,eleme jntn (wel I later learnt that aba was the nearest major city/state to ph)which I always thought should be yenagoa or owerri. My colleages at my PPA told me that many residents of PH actually trade/work in aba and owerri wich was just a shutle away. My 2nd suprise was the lingua franca, having schooled in uniben I wasn't suprised to hear pigin being widely spoken, however I was shocked to hear igbo being speaking by many residents and majority of indigenes speak igbo as their lingua franca, infact my mums home town of afam in oyigbo LGA speak full blown igbo, I felt like a visited nnewi

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by atlwireles: 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Children of today, una wahala too much grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by ramdris(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
Another loose canon. Mtcheeeew! God will judge u for wasting my time reading this thrash! angry

15 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by phantom(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
Wow!!! So igbo is spoken freely in PH? 'How Shocking'...... grin

12 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
GEJ till 2029

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by chukxie(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
joeprince23:
I'm a current serving corp member in PH, I was born and raised in lagos,to a mum from oyigbo rivers state and dad from nnewi anambra. I was naïve about ss/se having been in lagos since birth and studied in Uniben, I have always wanted to visit my maternal home(PH). I got posted to rivers for nysc(nowa tai camp). I traveled wit a friend from benin to aba abia state(his hometown). The next mornin he left for camp in Akwa ibom state and I left for ph,to my suprise just after 35mins of leaving aba we were already in ph,eleme jntn (wel I later learnt that aba was the nearest major city/state to ph)which I always thought should be yenagoa or owerri. My colleages at my PPA told me that many residents of PH actually trade/work in aba and owerri wich was just a shutle away. My 2nd suprise was the lingua franca, having schooled in uniben I wasn't suprised to hear pigin being widely spoken, however I was shocked to hear igbo being speaking by many residents and majority of indigenes speak igbo as their lingua franca, infact my mums home town of afam in oyigbo LGA speak full blown igbo, I felt like a visited nnewi...

...being spoken

3 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
You lied. Pidgin is what is spoken in Port Harcourt. Next time visit places like Diobu, Borokiri, Town, D Line, Elelenwo, etc, to have the real feel of PH.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by otokx(m): 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
You lied. Pidgin is what is spoken in Port Harcourt. Next time visit places like Diobu, Borokiri, Town, D Line, Elelenwo, etc, to have the real feel of PH.

True word, also visit UNIPORT and the forests of Aluu for some wonderful interaction with nature.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
otokx:

True word, also visit UNIPORT and the forests of Aluu for some wonderful interaction with nature.
Hope you don't mean Aluu 4?
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Omololu007(m): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nah pidgin pple dey speak pass wen I went to ph

3 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Mckennedy: 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You never been to PH I can clearly see,,, stop blabbing...so u guys sit in a corner and claim you know Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Vicotex(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Op your biggest mistake is that you never knew that Oyigbo, Obio/akpor are both igbo towns. Base on biafra war, the ekwerre renamed those towns from Umuokoro, Umuodara to Rumuodara , rumuokoro etc. And OBIGBO to OYIGBO

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by greggles: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
Vicotex:
Op your biggest mistake is that you never knew that Oyigbo, Obio/akpor are both igbo towns. Base on biafra war, the ekwerre renamed those towns from Umuokoro, Umuodara to Rumuodara , rumuokoro etc. And OBIGBO to OYIGBO

Are you serious the renaming happened after the war? I've always thought that as a myth or unverified claim

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Mckennedy:

You never been to PH I can clearly see,,, stop blabbing...so u guys sit in a corner and claim you know Nigeria.
Maybe you should test my knowledge of the city.
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by phantom(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
greggles:

Are you serious the renaming happened after the war? I've always thought that as a myth or unverified claim
Na wa for you o! Have you been living under a Rock?
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by meforyou1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
joeprince23:
I'm a current serving corp member in PH, I was born and raised in lagos,to a mum from oyigbo rivers state and dad from nnewi anambra. I was naïve about ss/se having been in lagos since birth and studied in Uniben, I have always wanted to visit my maternal home(PH). I got posted to rivers for nysc(nowa tai camp). I traveled wit a friend from benin to aba abia state(his hometown). The next mornin he left for camp in Akwa ibom state and I left for ph,to my suprise just after 35mins of leaving aba we were already in ph,eleme jntn (wel I later learnt that aba was the nearest major city/state to ph)which I always thought should be yenagoa or owerri. My colleages at my PPA told me that many residents of PH actually trade/work in aba and owerri wich was just a shutle away. My 2nd suprise was the lingua franca, having schooled in uniben I wasn't suprised to hear pigin being widely spoken, however I was shocked to hear igbo being speaking by many residents and majority of indigenes speak igbo as their lingua franca, infact my mums home town of afam in oyigbo LGA speak full blown igbo, I felt like a visited nnewi...
Shock? PH is igboland

2 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Macmilla(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
phantom:
Wow!!! So igbo is spoken freely in PH? 'How Shocking'...... grin
No, it's pay-as-you-speak, #100 per minute.

4 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by tonychristopher: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
grow up...ur too old . His mum is port woman

Is amaechi English name
Is tonto dike Yoruba name
Is nwuche and nyesom hausa name

Ewu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
tonychristopher:
grow up...ur too old . His mum is port woman
Is amaechi English name Is tonto dike Yoruba name Is nwuche and nyesom hausa name
Ewu
Write in English.

3 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by joeprince23(m): 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Vicotex:
its really different when you visit PH,it wasn't anything like benin where I spent 5 years at,even at mile 1 market.... Infact at iloabuchi strt diobu, traders and customers there wil make u think u ar in nnewi

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by idupaul: 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
And so what OP!!!!!
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Abagworo(m): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Igbo is spoken as 1st language in almost all of upland Rivers State with exception of Ogoni and Ahoada West. However some languages though Igbo is deviated and difficult for a non-indigene to understand. Ikwerre and Ogba in particular. Etche, Egbema and Oyigbo is pure Igbo in language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by joeprince23(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
even where I eat bolle at ikwerre rd in DIOBU,people still speak igbo...I think its like lagos where apart from pigin,yoruba is also spoken

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by joeprince23(m): 8:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
idupaul:
And so what OP!!!!!
I now know my maternal roots,plus so many others still have misconception of PH,especially people like us that live in lagos

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by idupaul: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
joeprince23:
I now know my maternal roots,plus so many others still have misconception of PH,especially people like us that live in lagos

True its good to know ya roots .. Stay safe
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Please visit Mile3, And Rumulumoni.. They speak Igbo!
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
alfred5:

Please visit Mile3, And Rumulumoni.. They speak Igbo!
Igbo people speak Igbo to themselves.
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by honeygirl17: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
joeprince23:
its really different when you visit PH,it wasn't anything like benin where I spent 5 years at,even at mile 1 market.... Infact at iloabuchi strt diobu, traders and customers there wil make u think u ar in nnewi

Stop lying ! I live in PH
Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
60% of nairalanders are either feeding or bn fed by false stories. That is why dis interesting forum is turning out to be a den of ignorant people. In rivers state your so called afam n oyigbo is predominantly Igbos. But the land is called oyigbo cos its originally an ogoni and Ikwerre people farmland.
Dude yu need to stay n interact with ph indigenes(Ikwerre people) or other rivers people to understand where yu are. Or make an in-depth research and you'll be amazed at how deeply enmeshed yu r in ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by stebell(m): 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
I dont get it. wat is the shock in dis ur useless visit. wat do yu expect people who trade and do biz to speak??

OP, it's like yu are a learner. yu visited Ph and probably Obio/Akpor and yu want them to speak Hispanics.

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by otokx(m): 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
A lot of IBO's stay in PH but to say it is the most widely indigenous language begets mischief. Ikwerre appears to be the major indigenous language spoken in PH; some IBO's erroneously mistake it for their language. Ijaw is the next popular language and both tribes are the ethnic majority landlords of PH.

2 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: My SHOCK In Visiting the so called Garden City by Vicotex(m): 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
otokx:
A lot of IBO's stay in PH but to say it is the most widely indigenous language begets mischief. Ikwerre appears to be the major indigenous language spoken in PH; some IBO's erroneously mistake it for their language. Ijaw is the next popular language and both tribes are the ethnic majority landlords of PH.

spreading lies on this faceless forum won't do you no good. Fear God!
Ikwerre are part of aligbo and they speak igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

North, South West, Nigeria’s Major Problem —musa / Who Noticed That The Jos Killings Started After This? / Photo Of How Lagos State May Look Like, If/after Igbos Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.