Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari (1981 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts President Buhari Over Approval Of Kano-Daura Railway / 2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by onajo2000(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
A Former Governor of Lagos State and the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu has surprisingly criticized President Muhammadu Buhari​,​​ ​saying he betrayed the party.

This is in the wake of events that led to the emergence of Ex-Kwara State Governor Bukola Saraki as the President of the Eighth Senate and the return of Chief Ike Ekweremadu as the Deputy Senate President for a​ ​third term.Tinubu, who on Wednesday through the Nation Newspaper​,​ in an article titled “The untold story of PDP’s coup behind Saraki’s Senate Presidency” pointed an accusing finger at President Buhari for displaying neutrality in who emerges as the Senate President without due regard to the fate of the party.

According to Tinubu; “Despite the choice of National Assembly leaders being a mixture of party politics and legislative duty, the aloofness, or the perceived neutrality of the President allowed the ‘fight’ within APC to fester until it went of hand.”

He explained that the invitation of the APC lawmakers to the International Conference Centre, ICC, was said to be at the behest of the President; shockingly, the President did not show up.

“The bewildered 51 APC Senators, who were waiting endlessly for the President in ICC, watched the proceeding of the inaugural session from a nearby TV box.

“Before the 51 APC Senators could race down the five-kilometre stretch from ICC to the Assembly Complex, Saraki had emerged as an unopposed candidate.

“To add insult to injury, President Muhammadu Buhari neither showed up nor sent apology to the stranded Senators at the ICC.

“They were left at the mercy of troops from the Brigade of Guards, who had already been deployed in the centre ahead of the supposed arrival of the President.

“Unfortunately, there was no communication between his office and the 51 APC Senators who heeded his invitation.

“It was around 10.35am, we saw that the inaugural session was already on and Saraki had been elected. If we were to be defeated, it should have been done on the floor.”

In defence ​of President Buhari​,​ a highly-placed source, said: “The President had actually made up his mind to be at the ICC but there were feelers that some associates and strategists prevailed on him not to dabble in the selection of the Assembly leadership because he will portray himself as an inconsistent leader having promised not to interfere in the internal affairs of the Legislature.

“Probably acting a pro-Saraki’s script, these associates/strategists made the President to realise that his last-minute intervention would amount to dancing to the tune of one man: Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

“Even if President Buhari is not interested in a second term, he owes the APC a duty to keep the party intact.”

Tinubu therefore stressed that the coup in the National Assembly by PDP was a litmus test for Buhari’s leadership prowess.

“The President may need to assert himself by playing a fatherly role to reunite his political platform that is in tatters.

“When some leaders met with the President after the coup in the Senate, he was said to ‘be hollow’ without a solution to the crisis at hand. The time to act is now,” he emphasized.

The APC National leader berated Buhari for the refusal of the APC leadership to address the important index of power-sharing formula deprived its National Assembly members of the much-needed unity.

“If there had been an acceptable formula in place, the situation may not degenerate to this extent. What Saraki did was to be tactical in conceding the Deputy Senate President to the Southeast which is almost relegated to the background by the Buhari administration.”

“Unless an urgent reconciliation is put in place, the anti-party activities which led to Saraki’s Senate Presidency might cause a prolong crisis in the party. And with plans by the APC leadership to enforce discipline, some leaders might call it quit with the party,” Tinubu added.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/saraki-senate-presidency-tinubu%e2%80%8b-blasts-president-buhari/

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by onajo2000(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
See Tifnubu face like atitipoyoyo

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Redoil: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
PDP arm twisted the so called progressives with cow dung for brain and they dare open their sh.it mouth to spite PDP and and to praise APC for their foolishness and stupidity.
If you know that APC are foo.ls for playing into the hand of PDP click like.
If you know that are learners when it comes to armtwisting in politics click share.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Princecalm(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
plan B working.
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by psucc(m): 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
It is another lesson for whoever may have a mind to learn.
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody
sai baba

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
cc.lalasticlala
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by abbeycial: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lobatan!
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Rickbee1: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
I love dis game...let d war start. Saraki will be lik grin grin grin grin..Watching on 4D

1 Like

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by ochilikoko(m): 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is just the beggining
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by onajo2000(m): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
Princecalm:
plan B working.

What ever plan b they have will not still work
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
The truth, whether u like it or not, is that I will not like your candidates to be at the helm of leadership. You have tried, let the polity takes it's course.

I said it, buhari knows abt ds, his body language says so; and I think I like it that way.

Abt PDP taking over...

LoL.... Its impossible. Even the PDPigsts wld av known by now....

Saraki will say..it is best you just let go

1 Like

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by dunkem21(m): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tinubu called Buhari, a betrayer ..aloof and slow to act ..Interesting.

..Anyway, Tinubu is right on this, people should leave him alone ..I mean they should kill themselves grin

I laugh in barcanista.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Loyalty matters in politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
cool
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by pharmagba: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
I agree completely with Tinubu on this. I think the choice of Lawan was to ensure President Buhari to succeed.
Secondly the president owes it to the party to make his stand known to the party leaders. In his position as president, he has got to choose.
Thirdly, if actually the President convey the meeting, he need to apologize to the senators much more if he can bring all APC senators together and talk with them, peace and unity can return and all grieve pacified.
Tinubu has shown to be a great political strategist once again; with his statement he seem to know where this may lead. For APC and President Buhari to succeed they really need Tinubu, a politician,

1 Like

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Bros, Walahi they should kill themselves!
grin grin grin grin grin
dunkem21:
Tinubu called Buhari, a betrayer ..aloof and slow to act ..Interesting.

..Anyway, Tinubu is right on this, people should leave him alone ..I mean they should kill themselves grin

I laugh in barcanista.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Naijiant: 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by shortgun(m): 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
E don set
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by onajo2000(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
The truth, whether u like it or not, is that I will not like your candidates to be at the helm of leadership. You have tried, let the polity takes it's course.

I said it, buhari knows abt ds, his body language says so; and I think I like it that way.

Abt PDP taking over...

LoL.... Its impossible. Even the PDPigsts wld av known by now....

Saraki will say..it is best you just let go

Who is talking about taking over
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by chesterlee(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
They never Chee Chong Ching!!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by applord: 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
RAVING GREEDY LUNATIC

You all should kill yourselves ... Who cares tongue
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by Flets: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Still waiting for the free food, the 5K per month and constant power as promised.

This politicking has been a distraction.
Re: Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
onajo2000:

Who is talking about taking over
na who dey follow u talk?

(1) (Reply)

Health Workers Petition Buhari Over Appointments To Favour Doctors / PHOTOS: Abia House Of Assembly Members Visit Gov. Ikpeazu / Rochas Okorocha: The Eyes Of Ndigbo; The Political Iroko.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.