Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! (20494 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / France New Visa Process / General Australian Visa Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 21, 2009
Please I am expecting an offer of admission for a PG Diploma Australia and would like to know if any house member perchance procured Australian Student Visa recently.

Please advise me on the procedure & requirements. Your advise or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by mikkyangel(m): 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2009
Akanawu,
how do you intend to go about the visa procurement?, are you aware of the fact that there is not Australian consular/embassy in Nigeria?,which implies that you'l have to fly to south africa, to get the visa.By the way,i intend to study in Australia by the end of this year, its a lovely lovely country with lots and lots of opportunities, so so many jobs. i heard that lots of british and irish citizens are migrating to Australia,

What cause of study are you applying for?
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybodi: 1:05am On Feb 27, 2009
You dont have fly to south africa,the embassy works with DHL, you will sne d your application form through DHL,then they will ask for you passport(thats after u meet the requirement)you will send ur passport thru DHL and then you will go for medicals,if u pass d medicals,they(astralian embassy) will send you,your passport with your visa in it)

so you dont have to travel to southafrica to get a visa
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by mikkyangel(m): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2009
busi-bodi, thanks alot for the info,you just made my job alittle much easier, men its either Australia or nothing oh, by the way,busy body are you in australia?,cos am confussed about which city to go for my studies, i here melbone dey bubble like oshodi, peth is good for job prospects, adelaide is cheap but a little boring, abeg feel me in,
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybodi: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2009
im in australia,wel yeah perth has lots of opportunities,esp 4 miners,melbourne is a fine place,adelaide's got a lot of cute houses but opportunity is nt really there n its borin,wats ur course of study?if it is profession dat is on d demand,u can easily get ur residence permit.e.g medical field,mining,IT,engineer and a lot more r on demand.
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybodi: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2009
and it depends on ur course,i advise to go to a city dat needs pple in ur field,if u want to get ur stay,i advise u nt to stay in a big city,cos the population there is a lot.and its most likely u wnt stand a chance,go to a country place,alot of pple hardly go there nd they nid pple there,so its goin 2 b alot easier 2 get ur stay,once u get ur stay,u can now relocate to d city,its just my advice 4 u,except u dnt want 2 get a residence permit or u wanna leave immediately after skool
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by akin23(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2009
Busi-Bodi,
How far, pls how long thus it take to process once application and d visa as i intends to go 4 my master in public health in uni of sydney or queensland uni. Also pls any advise on budget required ?
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2009
Just received a feedback from the school, UNiversity of Tasmania, and they said they liked my profiele and see no reason why they will not offer me a place on their programme. I intend to study PG Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences. I choose this programme instead of Msc just to reduce the financial outlay.

My problem is still how to meet their financial requirements. pls some1 should help me out!!

How or what documents is/are required to prove origin of funds contained in a bank statement?
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by mikkyangel(m): 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2009
Busy-body, U too much!

Am a bit confused about which programme to go for, i have a Bsc in Accounting(2nd class lower),from Uniben and am vastly experieced in Hotel management.(i mean practical wise) i worked in a hotel back in Nigeria as a Hotel Manager.Now, of this 3programes,which would you advise me to go for,cos i"d love to work in Australia after my studies and get my permanent residency, (which of dem will be more usefull to me in Australia?)

1) Masters in Professional accounting

2)masters  in International leadership,Hotel and sports and Event management

3)Masters in Human Resouce management

I just finished my 1st year MBA in Poland,(am currently in warsaw)but i have decided not to continue cos i"d rather take a break and go for full time huzzling(working), btween now and say september proberbly in other nebouring european countries.i need to raise some cash for my tuition fee.for the Australian school.

pls can you advise me on which cities you feel i can study,i mean cities with job opportunities and like you said,cities with  low population.nd also,i"d really really very much appreciate if you can feed me with names of affordable universities and preferably colleges on these locations(maybe just one or 2 schools).the least university i could find was around the range of 8000 american dollars.

One mare question,after studies,can i get a good job in Australia, just like international students do get in the UK? PLS ur response will be highly usefull to me.
                                once again thanks alot,u too much,
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybodi: 12:52am On Mar 03, 2009
akin23:

Busi-Bodi,
How far, pls how long thus it take to process once application and d visa as i intends to go 4 my master in public health in uni of sydney or queensland uni. Also pls any advise on budget required ?
go to the australian embassy southafrica website,all u need is there smiley
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybodi: 1:06am On Mar 03, 2009
mikkyangel:

Busy-body, U too much!

Am a bit confused about which programme to go for, i have a Bsc in Accounting(2nd class lower),from Uniben and am vastly experieced in Hotel management.(i mean practical wise) i worked in a hotel back in Nigeria as a Hotel Manager.Now, of this 3programes,which would you advise me to go for,cos i"d love to work in Australia after my studies and get my permanent residency, (which of dem will be more usefull to me in Australia?)

1) Masters in Professional accounting

2)masters  in International leadership,Hotel and sports and Event management

3)Masters in Human Resouce management

I just finished my 1st year MBA in Poland,(am currently in warsaw)but i have decided not to continue cos i"d rather take a break and go for full time huzzling(working), btween now and say september proberbly in other nebouring european countries.i need to raise some cash for my tuition fee.for the Australian school.

pls can you advise me on which cities you feel i can study,i mean cities with job opportunities and like you said,cities with  low population.nd also,i"d really really very much appreciate if you can feed me with names of affordable universities and preferably colleges on these locations(maybe just one or 2 schools).the least university i could find was around the range of 8000 american dollars.

One mare question,after studies,can i get a good job in Australia, just like international students do get in the UK? PLS ur response will be highly usefull to me.
                                 once again thanks alot,u too much,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm#wmodl

click on dat link,u will see occupations dat r on high demand smiley it depends on d city,u want to,i like perth more,dats my own ooo,smone else may prefer other cities smiley if u were on d medical field,i would have told u to come to the country side(e.g a town called kalgoorlie) but since u r on accounting,then go to perth,there might be better cities ooo,but i just love perth

as for d uni,u can keep googling,but dont worry i will also help u google when im less busy ok? smiley

i think accounting will take d lead for now cool
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by akin23(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2009
Thanks a million BUSI_BODI, u 2 much joo. pls do i need any agent to help in processing my visa or do u think otherwise ?
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by akin23(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2009
Please inaddition i will like to know if TOEFL examine is also requested as nigeria is an english speaking country.
Thanks Australia IGWE BUSY BODY
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by mikkyangel(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2009
busy-body,
thanks alot, your da bomb!, i wait for any help you can render,
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybodi: 4:43am On Mar 04, 2009
akin23:

Thanks a million BUSI_BODI, u 2 much joo. pls do i need any agent to help in processing my visa or do u think otherwise ?

u need no agent,they will just eat ur money,i have a lot of my cousins here,and when i was doing it for them,i went thru no agent,do it urself,as long as ur documents r genuine and complete,they wont deny u a visa,go to their webiste and find out wat documents u need,if u have it all,u will be given a visa

akin23:

Please inaddition i will like to know if TOEFL examine is also requested as nigeria is an english speaking country.
Thanks Australia IGWE BUSY BODY

there is this exam you must take,its called IELTS it is more recognised than TOEFL here,go to the british council in ikoyi or so(if u r in nigeria)or better still google it on the net,it will give u the centre name and dates scheduled for the exam
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by niyi09(m): 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2009
@busi-bodi
can you please drop your email contact.would like to contact you through email.
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by akin23(m): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2009
Hi IGWE BUSI BODY
Please how long do u think it will take for me to take the IELTS exam as u siad dat is a must for me to secure d visa because am thinking of will it still be possible for me to travel for september session? Pls i need ur advise as how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2009
akin23:

Hi IGWE BUSI BODY
Please how long do u think it will take for me to take the IELTS exam as u siad dat is a must for me to secure d visa because am thinking of will it still be possible for me to travel for september session? Pls i need ur advise as how to go about it. Thanks

You can take IELTS and get the result within 1month, did mine on 6th december last year and got it on the 19. Besides u can request that britsh council send your results directly to the school of your choice to save time. Yes you can still make it for september.

Remember you must have IELTS band of 6.0 to be eligible for australian student
visa.
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by deepo: 9:16am On Mar 25, 2009
Busy body,

thanks for all the info but can we still have ur number?
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by BusyBody3: 9:09am On Mar 27, 2009
deepo:

Busy body,

thanks for all the information but can we still have ur number?
niyi09:

@busi-bodi
can you please drop your email contact.would like to contact you through email.

emmm sorry but no,if u want to contact me,let it be done here smiley

1 Like

Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by Quincy1(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2009
Guys am sure ur questions have been answered. Its correct, ur application is sent to DHl, to the embassy in S.A. Then they access ur application and send u a letter to go for medicals. make sure the required amount for your study is about same amount or more in your bank statement and make sure that the money is left in the account till the application process is complete, becos they will ask the bank to confirm if the money is still in the account. They are not concerned abt turn over.
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by mikkyangel(m): 8:50am On Mar 30, 2009
BUsy BOdy/ QINCY,("questions)

AS Regards the agent Palava,yeah i think you are right,when applying from Nigeria,but on my own case,i feel i need an agent here in poland.the money she charges as per agent fee is so so low,all she needs are qualified aplicants.As a matter of fact,i have not yet paid her a penny and she has gone as far as helping to mk the following enquires:

1) that my visa aplication will be assessed here in warsaw,so i dont need to send my aplications to SA

2) that i will be assesed using "LEVEL 3",instead of "LEVEL 4",which is stated on their website.

3) that i dont need ELTS or TOFEL,since all my qualifications are in english

pls Busy/Quincy,i need you guys to help me with answers to the the followingsadthey say information is power,and with it,i can mk my nxt move)

a)i found a university/business school, KAPLAN BUSINESS SCHOOL for october 2009 intake /session,what do you guys think about the school?

b)i intend to for masters in Professional Accounting(1 year programme),now after my programe,what happens next? are international students allowed to work with the Australian qualification after studies? just like its being done in the uk?

c)How do i extend my stay after studies? is the Australian immigration strict in that they may be required to live the country after studies.(I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE,TO BE AN ILLEGAL IMIGRANT OWING TO THE FACT THAT SOME OF MY NIGERIAN FRIENDS GO THRU HELL MAITAINIG THAT STATUS HERE IN POLAND)

d)Kaplan business school has campuses only in SYDNEY, MELBOURN AND ADELAIDE,which of these cities would you guys advise me to go to,for now,am thinking of Melbourn.

e)Busy BODY you advised me about studying/living in places of low population,but i could not find a university for october section at those areas,besides my heart goes for Perth, western Australia's most kept secret,i have read much about the place,but it seems all the couses they have are 2year cousres which starts either by july(which is too short for me to prepare)or febuary nxt year (by then my stay in poland would hv expired.SO PLS DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA OF ANY UNIVERSITY OR BIZNESS SKOOL IN PETH FOR OCTOBER SESSION AND WITHIN THE RANGE OF 19000 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS?
all the broses,i wait for your replies,
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by BusyBody3: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2009
@milkyangel

whatever u want to do,do it,but dont come back here telling us that the agent disappointed u

there is no way someone will say IELTS AND TOEFL isn't going to be necessary

u r not d first beither r u going to be d last person coming here for masters,if u wanna be deceived by ur agent,fine and well

2. No agent can change any level for u,whatever passport u have is the same passport u will be used on assessment,and people with nigerian passport r on assessment level 4 or so,wt about 12 weeks of assessment time,(thats the rule in germany)

LIke i said do whatever you wanna do,but i am telling u that no agent can change the rules dat governs that country australia,i dont work with the lies the agents feed people,i work with whats on the embassy website,and dats how d embassy officals will assess you

why people cant go for their visas themselves amazes me?why u pple choose to go thru all dis 419ers dat call themselves agents,i dont understand.

What kind of agent will say one does not need IELTS AND TOEFL undecided becos u were taught in english

let me ask u dis qstion,d pple dat go to the UK or US to study why do they write all dis english exams?since they were thought in english? undecided r u following what the agent is telling you,or what the university and thye embassy is ssaying?is the agent the founder of the university?i hope she will be be there with you when you are denied ur visa undecided

the embassy will asl you for ur IELTS , and let me tell you,even if u send d photocopied to them,they still insist they want to see the original,so im sure your agent will look for one 419er like him or her to forge Result for u

like i said,do whatever u like
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by BusyBody3: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2009
maybe those that wrote the IELTS OR TOEFL had their qualification in "yoruba,igbo,kafanchan,chinese and ching kong yon languages" undecided they did not study in english but in french and spanish undecided

my cousins that wrote the IELTS im sure they wrote it because they learnt with the "calabar and akwa ibom language" undecided

agent ko,agent ni,not paid her a penny and shes has already filled you with so much lies,listen to me very well,if u complicate issues in ur visa application just know dat the immigration will deny you entry to their country for 3 good years
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by busybody20: 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2009
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by mikkyangel(m): 7:44am On Apr 02, 2009
Busy body,
pls try and understand from the angle am coming from, not all agents are fake are or crazy about money, i used an agent from nigeria to get to poland,and to be frank with you i needed to kill 2beds with one stone, ( get the education no matter how bad and most importantly my health concerns|).what the agent told me in nigeria before i committed money to him was that for the health problem i had(KIDNEY STONES), was going to be treated here at a very cheap amount.and he was right,i did a double kidney surgery on march 11 and march 23 last month,and i never paid i kobo simply because i had health insurance of six 6months of about 226 zloty( 11500 naira).

On the contrary,i have to correct you on nigerian students in the Uk,the dont write Elts or toefel exams,pls go and confirm,its only American and Canadian universities.

My guy,pls i hope you can still find time to answer other questions i posted , questions about 1) the school , kaplan 2) can one get a job after studies and how do i extend my stay?, also how stricght is the emigration law they, ( PLS FLASH BACK CHECK THRUTHE QUESTIONS)

THANKS ALOT,I REALLY DO APRECIATE SOME IMPT POINTS YOU GAVE ME,STILL GONNA GO TO THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY TO VERIFY ABOUT ELTS EXAMS,
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2009
Milky, I would pay heed to what advice you've been given -

You don't need a visa agent. All the requirements are well laid out on the website, unless you think the information on there's wrong, and some random "visa agent's" right? undecided

All this you can do yourself, there are no miracles when it comes to obtaining a visa - as long as your documents are in order, and genuine, you'll get your visa!

I find it hard to understand how one will ask for advice, yet prefer not to accept it once it's given, no need asking then! undecided

I wish you luck.
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by BusyBody3: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2009
Siena:

I find it hard to understand how one will ask for advice, yet prefer not to accept it once it's given, no need asking then! undecided

I wish you luck.

Thanks siena, i wonder too, how can one ask for advice and yet not heed to them,there really is no need for me to give any,she can as well ask "her agent"  the questions she's asking here, i know alot of pple dat wrote TOEFL just to school in the UK,but i am not here to argue with milky ,i have my cousins here in australia,and none of them dorged the IELTS and none used an agent, others are free to ask me questions and i will really answer, milky can ask her agent her own question

@milkyangel

On the contrary,i have to correct you on nigerian students in the Uk,the dont write Elts or toefel exams

are you kidding me?seriously honey r u kidding me? i wanted to school in UK, and i was forced to write dat exam,else no visa,and yes i worte it but later changed my mind and went to some other country to study,but like i told siena,im really not here to argue with you

[b]My guy,[/b]pls i hope you can still find time to answer other questions i posted , questions about 1) the school , kaplan 2) can one get a job after studies and how do i extend my stay?, also how stricght is the emigration law they, ( PLS FLASH BACK CHECK THRUTHE QUESTIONS)
i am no guy milky,im a female.

sorry dear,but i can't give out any other advice to you, whatever you want to know about kaplan and getting a job after studies, ask your agent smiley
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by deepo: 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
sorry dear,but i can't give out any other advice to you, whatever you want to know about kaplan and getting a job after studies, ask your agent

Haba busy body, no need to get personal.
Some pple are just like that . he seem to ve that confidence in his agent so y not let him go thru the agent.
the best way to learn is thru experience.

if it works for him, them fine lipsrsealed

Hope u will answer my own question sha embarassed

Am thinking more of the permanent residence. But it all seems a bit complicated.

My major issue is the fact that i studied geology but work in a bank. now the assesment for ur work experience will bebased on ur qualifications.

if i use my geology qualification i dont ve the experience.
if i use my experience in banking(almost 3yrs) i dont ve the qualification.

so what do u think?

Am really thinking of an agent too. but since u are against it, u can be my free agent wink

i really need ur opinion.

Thanks,
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by BusyBody3: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2009
who is taking things personal?oh because i said i have no advice for her,you call that personal,wat is the use of giving out advices when the person disturbing you for it,isn't ready to pay heed to what you have to state here?

you can go through your agent deepo, im sure agents have better knowledge than we that live here undecided
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by agabaI23(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2009
Busy_body is in Australia?
Re: Australian Student Visa Process & Requiremnets Pls! by bigbumper(f): 2:17am On Apr 10, 2009
busybody20:

@Busy_body.,

Madam Welcome back.
I don dey find you. Wetin happen to your previous profile. (Dem Ban am? grin ) Anyway its gud to know u r back.

Glad you have finally learnt your position and the correct way to address me cheesy Hope you were kneeling down when you said it angry I have missed you too my apprentice kiss I am very very brilliant shey grin I know you are impressed cheesy

Don't worry ehn, you will be like me when you graduate and grow up too, you only have 7 months till your freedom so hang in there tongue

I really should be modest, I don't want any of my apprentices, especially you this stubborn girl to learn bad manners from me and be proud and pompous, so forget all what I said in the first paragraph, and lets just stick to "No be me, na [s]Jenny/Danke/Syphillis/Amebo no 1/etc[/s]God" grin grin grin

busybody20:

@Topic,

Whilst i worked as an IELTS Administrator, i have come across lots of candidates who have previously wasted lots of resources trying to dodge IELTS only to come back and take the exam after wasting so much time. You will need to write IELTS to get write your Austrialian visa, its a requirement ; your having a degree taught in English Language has got nothing to do with it. IELTS test results are released after 14days.

Theres no need to get an Austrialian Visa through an agent; its absolutely UNNECESSARY. You posted this topic on nairaland so i assume you have access to the internet, you can use the internet to get all the information you need. Its the same information that is available to your agent. Check http://www.immi.gov.au/students for more information.

Ehn-ehn, is there no end to our talents cheesy So we busybodies are brilliant like this too, wow, na real wah oh, I thought all we knew how to do was tatafo and that eke was our only hobby cheesy Seun has to start paying us cheesy So no more advice HENCEFORTH, UNTIL we negotiate the lucrative lump sum payment from him grin grin grin

agabaI23:

Busy_body is in Australia?

ROFL, who dash monkey banana, how I wan take get there cheesy Any journey wey pass 7 hours for plane, I no fit, talkless of Australia wey dey the other side of Jupiter grin grin grin

@
Jennykadri, don't let me see your arse in the celebrity section or the romance section anymore you hia, this section is where you belong, continue to do all the work, whilst I reap all the accolade grin I can get used to this grin grin grin

(1) (2)

Anambra Airport: Air Peace To Refund Fares To Intended Passengers / FG announces Two-Day Total Shutdown Of Third Mainland Bridge / Completed Project: Dualisation Of The 12.5 Km Challenge-odo Ona Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.