Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD (3710 Views)

Starving Zimbabweans Reduced Dead Elephant To Skeleton In 2hrs(Photos) / Robert Mugabe Gets A New Haircut - Zimbabweans Mock Him On Social Media / Petroll Dollars Is Crashing Fast As US Gold Reserves Are Being Recalled! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2015
so am a multi quadrillionaire in dollars.
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by lumzybo: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2015
GodsMercy1:

Could it be the exchange value that is worthless? Redenomination may be an option here. Guess Ghana did same too. God bless Nigeria.

Please check my signature too. Thanks.

Inflation is @ it's peak in that country. This is what happens when there is lack of cash, and the only thing u do is to go to central bank to print more new notes. The whole economy needs total overhauling

This is a shame!
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by Orunto: 11:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Why are they still alive? Are they eating American Bread or Zimbabueans Bread? We need Nigerian Bread please to cub the current inflation hitting us every where in Nigeria.
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by samtol4(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:

Of course the land and resources are now being utilised by the majority of the country, as farms, mines, and myriad other uses. Even the UK's Channel 4 news now admits the land reform has brought prosperity to the black majority:

Land Reforms Bring Prosperity to black Zimbabweans:

http://www.channel4.com/news/land-reform-brings-prosperity-to-black-zimbabweans

Heck... even the BBC grudgingly admitted the land reforms were a success:

Zimbabwe land reform ''not a failure''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11764004

Even Oxfam are finally admitting Mugabe was right:

Has Zimbabwe's land reform actually been a success? A new book says Yes:

http://oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/has-zimbabwes-land-reform-actually-been-a-success-a-new-book-says-yes/
hahaahhaha"Prosperity to the black majority"Those stuffs are theory in practical sense Zimbabwe is a land of poverty ,thousands of Zimba roaming the street of Durban and Pretoria without any means of survival.when the land was in the hand of those who know what to do with it how many Zimbabwe citizens did you see in SA?Are u aware that Zimbabwe depend soley on SA for food ?Ordinary sugar Zimbabwe import from SA .
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
samtol4:
hahaahhaha"Prosperity to the black majority"Those stuffs are theory in practical sense Zimbabwe is a land of poverty ,thousands of Zimba roaming the street of Durban and Pretoria without any means of survival.when the land was in the hand of those who know what to do with it how many Zimbabwe citizens did you see in SA?Are u aware that Zimbabwe depend soley on SA for food ?Ordinary sugar Zimbabwe import from SA .
If some Zimbabweans are suffering today, it is as a result of the western imposed economic sanctions against Zimbabwe, placed on them for 'daring' to redistribute the land. Instead of attacking the Zimbabwean leadership for doing the RIGHT thing by their people, why not attack the west for their inhuman sanctions against that country, or don't you have a working brain?
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by samtol4(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
[quote author=ROSSIKE post=34694090]If some Zimbabweans are suffering today, it is as a result of the western imposed economic sanctions against Zimbabwe, placed on them for 'daring' to redistribute the land. Instead of attacking the Zimbabwean leadership for doing the RIGHT thing by their people, why not attack the west for their inhuman sanctions against that country, or don't you have a working brain?[/quoteIWhat did they do with the redistributed land?I asked simple question you decided to dance naked by insulting yourself .
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by raayah(f): 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
raayah:

Why the insults? I have little respect for those who cannot pass along their opinions without an insult. It shows lack of self-discipline.

The people in Zimbabwe are suffering. I have met thousands of people from Zimbabwe and I am close friends with a lot of them. Its a hell-hole. The only sanction that was placed on Zimbabwe was that EU Will not supply aid . Zimbabwe was living on aids from the people they didn't want.. The Sanction has been removed in 2014 and was only in place for 12 years.

Pls spare us your lies you messenger for white theft and oppression. The sanctions have NOT been lifted and have NOTHING to do with 'aid'. Shameless liar. Those who wish to know the truth, simply google 'ZIDERA sanctions'.
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by adconline(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:

You are a stooge for western theft of African resources. Why not tell people the REAL REASON for Zimbabwe's economic plight which is the western imposed ECONOMIC SANCTIONS placed on that country for the past 20 years almost, for their ''crime'' of seeking equitable redistribution of their land and resources, rather than have 4% of the population who are white, own and control everything? OH, AND YOU ARE NOT A NIGERIAN SO STOP CLAIMING TO BE ONE.

Zimbabwe economy was in ruins b4 the sanctions! He blames the west but still goes to RSA- a western-friendly nation for assistance like energy, paying of bills and allowing Zimbabwean immigrants to stay in RSA.. Why did take his actions without having an alternative? His policies have sent millions of fellow Zims as economic refugees to RSA..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
na so we see am. infact i changed 5000naira to zimbabwe dollars last week and the zeros have exceeded my screen limit.
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by odave: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
@ ROSSIKE

I read ur post with keen interest. I know you copied it somewhere but kudos to you, nice write up.

Sincerely, I can assure you that many african govts are proxy government, doing the wish of their masters. Do I sound rebellious to some ppl? Yes I am! Ppl should read up gaddafi and libya story to understand all these. Can Uk and USA come out and tell us if they after our good or our goods?

Africa shine ur eyes, these guyz are looters just like our lleaders who are their stooges.

I know zimbabwe wil come strong with mugabe or without mugabe, the point is they need to know who their true enemy is
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by lordhugo(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2015
raayah:
I know Nairalanders are proud supporters of Mugabe , but he has turned their economy into rubbish.

Zimbabwe is deserted ,and it makes me so angry that Mugabe took a glass factory from a white man ,that had hundreds of employees around the goromonzi area. It became completely deserted it made and all workers lost their jobs.

Also a tomato farm around goromonzi that was one of the biggest in zim again deserted it's sad, just because he hates whites. There are a lot of deserted lands, farms and factories in Zimbabwe. It can't function because the people are highly uneducated.

I am Nigerian and I am Sorry for the people of Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe had such a bright future, it was absolutely gorgeous pretty good economy, natural resources, wildlife we had it all it's really sad to see. It's sad this is the side of my country people see these days.

Economists of Nairaland, How will Zimbabwe rise from this mess??

Raayah, I just saw this and I agree with your points.

However, Zimbabweans are not uneducated.

On the contrary, they have the higest (both young and adults) literacy rate in the whole of africa.

90% and above.

you can always verify with a search engine.

How are you today?
Re: Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD by SIRTee15: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
The issue here is not the justification of land grab rather the poor state of the economy.
Let's face it, Zimbabwe is an economic disaster.
The biggest source of revenue for the nation is remittance from Zimbabweans working in south Africa.
The severe economic condition has forced it's citizens to RSA to work low paying jobs
The average wage in Zim is nothing to write home about...... 5 dollars per month
And u are even among the lucky few to get that kind of job
Unemployment is rampant........at 94 %.
Despite the ridiculous cheap labour (something that should encourage investors) factories are closing down everyday.
Cost of doing business is high and bureaucracy is daunting.
Efforts to lease the fertile lands to competent hands for commercial farming was rebuffed.
Despite the relief from the Chinese........they buy most of Zim natural resources
Only the members of zanu-pf party and their cronies has seen improvements in their lives.
The rest of the country has given up.
Chronic inflation has destroyed any reasonable purchasing power
And essential commodities has simply disappeared from stores.
Effort by fellow Africans, incuding my ibo brothers to revive the ailing retail market by their ingenuity was resisted.
Mugabe simply said no foreigner must own a store or shop, instead the foreigner should employ a local as the real boss of the shop.
Now
Someone wants me to respect such a man simply because he's antiwest.
Nonsense.
Mugabe is a failure.....an example of everything wrong with African leaders
He should go.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Texas Shooting: Moment Gunman Patrick Crusius Enters Walmart With Ak-47(Pics) / Isreal The Only Country Were Women Walk Around With Guns - M16 Assault Rifle / Former President Jacob Zuma Is At It Again(this Pictures Would Make You Go Gaga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.