Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) (811 Views)

Patience Jonathan Lands In Nigeria From Vacation Abroad (Photos) / Breaking News Another Three Chibok Girls Released.(photo) / Ekaette Unoma Akpabio Returns To Nigeria After Medication Abroad - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by baseg25(m): 7:54am On Jun 12, 2015
Three of the abducted Chibok girls who were among the lucky few who escaped Boko Haram captivity, Mercy, Sarah and Deborah are now in High School at Canyonville Christian Academy, in Oregon,USA.
The girls will be in Canyonville for two years,where it costs around $40,000 a girl per year for housing, tuition, and other expenses, Cosmopolitan reports.

Reflecting on how the Boko Haram members invaded their school in 2014, Grace who slept through the sounds of gunfire on the night of the incident, said she woke up when her roommate Mary prodded her, “Get up!”

“They said they were soldiers. They said they were there to protect us, “They told us all to stay together. They began shouting, “Allahu akbar! Allahu akbar!” It means “God is great” in Arabic. They lit the office on fire. We realized they were impostors. They were not there to help us.” But it was too late to run, we were forced into trucks at gunpoint. I had a plan, i asked the men if I could go to the bathroom — in the bush. I decided I would rather die trying to escape than be killed by these men.”

She stuck to her plan, running for her life. As she crashed through the dense, thorny forest, she had no idea where she was going. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see other girls fleeing as well — shooting off in all directions.

In her narration,

Mercy said she jumped off a speeding truck as the terrorists drove the girls to the camp, taking the chance that she might break her legs when she slammed to the ground. She found her way back to Chibok, hiding in the bush along the way.

I pray to God to forgive them and cure their hearts,” she says in her native language. “I do not want revenge.”

The third girl, Sarah said she was staying with a friend nearby to help with a wedding, she woke in the night to the sound of men shouting as they torched the school. The next morning, she went to the charred grounds. “No one is there,” she says. “They are all gone.”

Among the missing was her cousin Mercy — the same Mercy here in Canyonville. Sarah and her relatives feared they would never see her again. “Everyone is asking

‘Where is Mercy? Where is Mercy?’ My grandmother, cry, cry, cry,” she says. She dissolves into tears. “I don’t like to talk about Boko Haram. They are bad people,” she says. “Sometimes when you sleep, you dream about them.

source: http://streetgist.com/three-chibok-girls-are-now-schooling-abroad-photos/
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by Acekidc4(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2015
Na lie Jooh I knew those gals Tara, mulika, simbi

1 Like

Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by eleojo23: 8:03am On Jun 12, 2015
Really?
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by baseg25(m): 8:03am On Jun 12, 2015
youngestfool:
Na lie Jooh
I knew those gals
Tara, mulika, simbi
lol , haba.....
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by Obijulius: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2015
Freed from the ignorance and backwardness of that religion.

I wish others will see the light and make progress.
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by mizjules(f): 8:10am On Jun 12, 2015
They don't look like secondary school student one bit! I find it hard to believe
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by baseg25(m): 8:11am On Jun 12, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by nerodenero: 8:18am On Jun 12, 2015
Their smiles tell their new story.
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by baseg25(m): 8:21am On Jun 12, 2015
nerodenero:
Their smiles tell their new story.
yes ooo
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by greggles: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2015
If this is true, its wonderful, though expensive, but they will live to tell new stories and probably even go back someday to educate and mentally develop the younger ones who know nothing about the world out there. This is good for development!
Re: Three Chibok Girls Are Now Schooling Abroad (photos) by baseg25(m): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2015
greggles:
If this is true, its wonderful, though expensive, but they will live to tell new stories and probably even go back someday to educate and mentally develop the younger ones who know nothing about the world out there. This is good for development!
just that am inspired

(1) (Reply)

Press Release: Pan-african Group Stands Against The Attack Of Mugabe In Nigeria! / Photos: Wike’s Surprise Visit To Govt School,Vow To Reintroduce Boarding Schools / Planet Earth In Verge Of Extinction (new Report Says)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.