Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

What Makes A Good Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes A Good Friend? (1246 Views)

How I Slept With His Good Friend (Shocking Tales) / My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / Is She Interested In Me Or Just Being A Good Friend ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Good Friend? by charlesucheh(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2015
Sometimes,The things we consider trivial, are things that are seldom concrete and serious.
Was going through an AWAKE magazine(you know!! The jehovah witness book most of us run away from) and discovered it was pointing out at an important reality in our everyday lives. Like i always say; REALITY IS DIFFERENT FROM APPEARANCE.
The appearance of this awake magazine sometimes points at the popular Jehovah witness church whose doctrines are often contradictory to that of most of our churches. but the reality is that, the magazines are sometimes distinct from the doctrines they preach.
Though, one might consider it a gradual process to being indoctrinated, but an enlightened mind reads the educative and informative parts of them. I did! and decided to share;

We all have people we regard as friends, but the bone of contention should be; "WHAT MAKES A GOOD FRIEND?
Today, modern technology allows us to make hundreds, or even thousands, of social network "friends" by merely adding their names to our list of contacts. And when we wish to end one of this friendships, we simply delete that person's name from our list. As exuberant as i could be youthfully, I accepted a chick(girl) without even meeting her. While trying to get intimate with her, she was trying to make me her recharge card!! Lolz!!! I immediately deleted her from my FB!!! Abeg i can't fit come and go an kill myself away!!!!

Now, back to the matter, i've choosen these important guiding principles to help in detecting who a true friend should be ;

- SHOW THAT YOU REALLY CARE : True friendship involves commitment. Therefore, a true friend shows much responsibility towards you without minding the distance, a friend of mine helped process my school transcript for my M.sc programme into the Obafemi awolowo university without remorse, ensuring it gets to the school from Benue state university.

-ENDURANCE & UNDERSTANDING ; True friends express themselves on social media and both physically without getting upset with each other.There're friends i know who belong to the PRO-PDP movement before and still after the just concluded elections, we often argue on facebook because I was and still a Buharist. But after the elections, we settled our political difference and now on Saraki and Lawan which we're still going to wave. But the most important thing is that, we dnt allow meagre things as that affect our friendship.

- BE A GOOD COMMUNICATOR: A true friendship cannot flourish without regular communication. So talk together about the interest you share, Listen to what your friend has to say and respect his opinion. True friends will tell you the truth even if they know it will hurt, this is because they have your best interest at heart. E.g back in my university days, my room-mates were also my course mates, but they both know me THE "KINGPIN" as blunt as always. Not that i just want to be, but needed to help shape their thots and attitudes.

Conclusively, we should avoid being selective with friends i.e stream-lining our friendship with a particular kind of persons or group. Making friends with those who are of your age or having thesame taste as you, is like wearing clothing in your favorite colour, all the time. No matter how much you love that colour, you will one day end up bored with it. It is pertinent we choose our friends wisely. We should just not have friends, but must always fulfill our roles as true ones.
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by younghartz(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2015
A good frnd is someone who laughs at ur flaws nd help you fix then grin
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by dharay99: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2015
long post,
I no read.

Nexxxxxx†. angry
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by adedayourt(m): 10:22am On Jun 12, 2015
A GOOD FRIEND IS SOM1 LIKE ME. END OF STORY
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2015
Jeez!!!! This post long ooo undecided Haba
Anyway, thanks anyway, you are on point wink

#TEAM SCENT

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Cutehector(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2015
A good friend is someone who watches ur back..

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by kunlesufyan(m): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2015
A good friend will tell you the truth even if its not gonna be at his detriment or if it will hurt you ..
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Enegod(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2015
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Enegod:
cool
cool cool cool cool WORD smiley
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Enegod(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
chimkaire:
cool cool cool cool WORD smiley
cool cool
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by charlesucheh(m): 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
adeh39:
Jeez!!!! This post long ooo undecided Haba
Anyway, thanks anyway, you are on point wink

#TEAM SCENT
Thanks Bruv!!!!!
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
charlesucheh:
Thanks Bruv!!!!!

Bruv Check well o undecided

#TEAM SCENT
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by charlesucheh(m): 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
adeh39:

Bruv Check well o undecided

#TEAM SCENT
check what?
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
charlesucheh:
check what?

I'm not a guy undecided * BRUV*

#TEAM SCENT
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Macmilla(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
adeh39:

#TEAM SCENT
Na lie. She is a guy.
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
Macmilla:
Na lie. She is a guy.

Shoro niyen undecided

#TEAM SCENT
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Macmilla(m): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2015
adeh39:

Shoro niyen undecided

#TEAM SCENT
I don't even know what that means.
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 13, 2015
Macmilla:

I don't even know what that means.

Lol * crying*
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by Macmilla(m): 12:16am On Jun 13, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol * crying*
What? undecided why are you cry after you said lol? Are you laughing and crying simultaneously?
Re: What Makes A Good Friend? by charlesucheh(m): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2015
adeh39:

#TEAM SCENT
ooooh!!! Sorry!!! Didn't even notice the "F".

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Really Know Who She Will Turn Out To Be In Future / Which One Would You Choose Ladies and Gentlemen!? (be Sincere) / Every Woman Is Guilty Of These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.