Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? (2867 Views)

Arewa: An Open Letter To Professor Osinbajo / Is Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Really Capable of Leading Nigeria? / National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
Is Buhari falling foul of the constitution by relegating Osinbade to the back door on security matters?
Can Buhari be sued by his VP for breach of the constitution?

This is what Nigeria constitution states on this matter
G - National Defence Council
16. The National Defence Council shall comprise the following members -
(a) the President who shall be the Chairman;

(b) the Vice-President who shall be the Deputy Chairman;

(c) the Minister of the Government of the Federation responsible for defence;

(d) the Chief of Defence Staff;

(e) the Chief of Army Staff;

(f) the Chief of Naval Staff;

(g) the Chief of Air Staff; and

(h) such other members as the President may appoint.

17. The Council shall have power to advise the President on matters relating to the defence of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Nigeria.

K - National Security Council

25. The National Security Council shall comprise the following members -
(a) the President who shall be the Chairman;

(b) the Vice-President who shall be the Deputy Chairman;

(c) the Chief of Defence Staff;

(d) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for internal affairs.

(e) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged responsibility for defence;

(f) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for foreign affairs;

(g) the National Security Adviser

(h) the Inspector-General of Police; and

(i) such other persons as the President may in his discretion appoint.

26. The Council shall have power to advise the President on matters relating to public security including matters relating to any organisation or agency established by law for ensuring the security of the Federation.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#NationalSecurityCouncil

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
I suggest we help to ''stimulate'' (apology to the northern military men who kicked him out of the security meeting because of lack of ''stimulation'') the VP

Let us post all these photos showing Osinbade's (abi osinbajo) dullness on his facebook page(s) so that we are guaranteed that he or his family members see(s) them. I believe that if he sees them and understands how we feel about his political dullness and naivety, he will become ''stimulated'' and assert himself.

Do you know that the man is so clueless that he does not even realize that Buhari may have been running foul of the constitution by asking him out of security meetings? He is a professor (albeit without a PhD) and the deputy head of national security for crying out loud.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Emenahagos02(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
I think the VP is of no use to the P.

6 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Emenahagos02:
I think the VP is of no use to the P.

More so this particular VP. He is said to be a mere commissioner. lol

10 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
bump
Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Chai francis... grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
Chai francis... grin grin

Hehe!

5 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by blacksta(m): 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
How do you guys come up with trash posts....are you looking for attention or what....

Hate is a slow killer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by mployer(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Osinbanjo is standing in for Tinubu and the Northerners don't want Tinubu undecided

12 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by mployer(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
blacksta:
How do you guys come up with trash posts....are you looking for attention or what....

Hate is a slow killer

I was expecting you to give reasons the post is a trash.

13 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
Francis5:

More so this particular VP. He is said to be a mere commissioner. lol

I love him but the truth is that he is still a mere commissioner.... a VP, number 2 man who can represent Thifnubu is an occasion, leaving his duty post to attend an event for tinubu because tinubu have no time for such occasion... then tell me why he is not a Mere commissioner

10 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
The gentility of a lion must not be mistaken for s.tupidity......

The way Osinbajo is (or may seem to be) right now is the same way Jonathan was during the days of Yaradua as President. We thought Jonathan was a dummy until Yaradua died......

2 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
[size=20]OP, how can you call a mere commissioner a Deputy chairman of National Defence Council?[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Firefire(m): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
The situation at hand require us to caution the overzealous element in Buhai's administration.

As stipulated in the constitution, the Vice-President must not be relegated or excused on every official dealings in Aso-rock.

We thereby ask President Mohamodu Buhari to apologise for this constitutional breach. angry

8 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Firefire(m): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
himkers:
OP, how can you call a mere commissioner a Deputy chairman of National Defence Council?

Let come together to defend our constitution, please.

4 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
Firefire:

Let come together to defend our constitution, please.

No be only defend, I go attack the constitution kiss

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Malla no care about constitution. MC Osinbajo not to worry. Oluwa a gbe ogo fun oleh. Remember GEJ and Yaradua.

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by UnknownT: 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:

The way Osinbajo is (or may seem to be) right now is the same way Jonathan was during the days of Yaradua as President. We thought Jonathan was a dummy until Yaradua died......
Are you praying for Buhari to die too? God Forbid, Chukwu Aju, Olorun Maje etc in other languages. Buhari must finish his term

2 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by UniqueGem(m): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
Op can you post thos pictures for me here? I'm having a bad day and i need to laugh real hard. I believe those pictures will 'stimulate' me.

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Babatundetinubu: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
you people need to stop spreading rumours...osinbajo Is very much in charge.... angry
Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
UnknownT:
Are you praying for Buhari to die too? God Forbid, Chukwu Aju, Olorun Maje etc in other languages. Buhari must finish his term
lipsrsealed I no talk so o.. I only cited an example. No put me trouble o.....I neva marry, I neva get pikin. I no wan go jail o shocked angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Trendy247: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:

Owk lets see what will happen when that time comes

4 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by stevecantrell: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:

PYO is a very learned fellow, however this sudden change in environment; from the confines of his office to the stage of international politics is still a shock to his system.

Do you remember GEJ during Yaradua campaign ? He looked like a fish outside water but today he's accorded the respect of an ex-president of FRN.

Those despising PYO's slow start and small beginnings should take note.

1 Like

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by CircleOfWilis: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:

Jonathan will remain a dummy ,if u like make him UN sec gen, he will never change..

Once a dummy , always a dummy...Osibanjo is going thru the same pathway

2 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by BLOTRS: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Please mods this is front page worthy

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
stevecantrell:

PYO is a very learned fellow, however this sudden change in environment; from the confines of his office to the stage of international politics is still a shock to his system.

Do you remember GEJ during Yaradua campaign ? He looked like a fish outside water but today he's accorded the respect of an ex-president of FRN.

Those despising PYO's slow start and small beginnings should take note.

If a so-called professor of law can still look like a fish out of water after a rigorous campaign (yes, this past one was the most campaigned for election in the history of Nigeria) that brought him to power as VP, to the extent that he is being OPENLY (emphasis) treated like a leper by the P, then he must be a clueless dummy ab initio.

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by TRUTHTOPOWER: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fame is easy. SELECTIVELY attack a popular person based on rumour that has no bearing with your local condition. Congrats you are famous.
Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by TRUTHTOPOWER: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Fame is easy. SELECTIVELY attack a popular person based on rumour that has no bearing with your local condition. Congrats you are famous. Now let the Prof wine and dine in presidential vila while you look for another gist to pass feed on.

1 Like

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by IGBOSON2: 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
Why don't you guys leave the man alone!?...... Like seriously!
Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by stevecantrell: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
Francis5:

If a so-called professor of law can still look like a fish out of water after a rigorous campaign (yes, this past one was the most campaigned for election in the history of Nigeria) that brought him to power as VP, to the extent that he is being OPENLY (emphasis) treated like a leper by the P, then he must be a clueless dummy ab initio.

These are "teething problems"in a marriage of convenience. You and I both know PMB would rather have his VP from the same ethnicity, religion and even professional background as himself but that choice wasn't his to make.
I don't know why some are taking this to mean the VP is deficient intellectually or flawed in personality.

Whatever disregard you think P. Buhari is showing the VP, cannot last for long.

Sooner or later the "P", as you call him, would have to shelve this attitude in his own interest and his party, as well as the interest of national unity.

PYO is not an Atiku, he's not about to run his own show independent of the presidents knowledge or approval. He's a different kind of personality altogether, I mean these guys haven't even moved into Aso Rock yet !

Its too early to judge anyone at this stage, even though you can't resist it. It is still too early. And if you call PYO clueless what do you call Sambo ?
Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by Francis5: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
stevecantrell:

These are "teething problems"in a marriage of convenience. You and I both know PMB would rather have his VP from the same ethnicity, religion and even professional background as himself but that choice wasn't his to make.
I don't know why some are taking this to mean the VP is deficient intellectually or flawed in personality.

Whatever disregard you think P. Buhari is showing the VP, cannot last for long.

Sooner or later the "P", as you call him, would have to shelve this attitude in his own interest and in the interest of national unity.

PYO is not an Atiku, he's not about to run his own show independent of the presidents knowledge or approval. He's a different kind of personality altogether, I mean these guys haven't even moved into Aso Rock yet !

Its too early to judge anyone at this stage, even though you can't resist it. It is still too early. And if you call PYO clueless what do you call Sambo ?

Story. If Sambo was clueless, then Mr mere commissioner VP Osinbajo is ''cluelesser''

3 Likes

Re: Does ''professor'' Osinbajo really know the constitution? by fulanimafia: 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
mployer:

Osinbanjo is standing in for Tinubu and the Northerners don't want Tinubu undecided

That is not true, Tinubu will be forever respected in the North and by most Northerners, for birthing a successful alliance with us, thereby prying off the claws of the humongous PDP from Nigeria's neck and giving PMB a chance.

It was all politics, Tinubu's unchecked influence on our dear leader was unhealthy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home / 105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing: Army Confirms PREMIUM TIMES Report / What On Earth Is Senator Bukola Saraki & Others Doing In Morocco... Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.