Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! (40924 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Apply Now For Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment – 2016 / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by kross101(m): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
RileyFreeman1:
I am sad and unhappy about how a specific Nestle recruitment campaign was handled by Nestle Nigeria. I feel even worse because research have shown that other people have experienced the same treatment. Some have experienced even worse.

I know there are Nestle employees here on Nairaland, so it will do me great joy if someone explains this situation and why Nestle does this.

I applied for an opening late last year with Nestle, luckily for me, I got invited for a Dragnet test which I gladly attended. Fortunately for me, I passed the Dragnet Test.
About a week after receiving a Dragnet success email, I received another invite from Nestle to attend a function based test which I did. Few weeks later, I received another email that I was successful at the Function test.

About 2 weeks later, I received an interview invite mail and call, I was happy at the speed and professionalism of the entire process because I knew no one working with Nestle and I was convinced that the entire process had been outstandingly meritocratic.
I attended the Nestle interview, very few people were present for the interview. I did my very best at the interview and as God will have it, about two weeks later I received a follow up email that I was successful at the interview.
I was very happy because Nestle is a company I have utmost respect for and building my career with such a company was a dream come through.

This is June the 12th, 2015, Its been about 5 months since I received the last interview success mail. I was concerned so I networked with some Nestle staff via LinkedIn.com. To my surprise, I was told some people did medicals and resumed about 3 months ago for the same opening. I was also made to believe that 95% of these people previously worked with Nestle as contract staff, now they have been made full time staff.

I initially felt bad but I also know about other interviewed candidates who received regret mails from Nestle after the interview where I received success mail.

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

Why have I been left in the dark by Nestle?

Why no follow up email has been sent since over 5 months?

What exactly is going on?

Do I still remain positive about being contacted by Nestle?

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.
Sorry bro, it's a pity. Well just take ur mind off it cos God gat beta plans 4 u but on d good syd, Nestle kips records of pple dat passed dier interviews nd if oda position bcums vacant, u wuld b d first 2 contacted!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
kross101:

Sorry bro, well I guess u applied 4 QA analyst or Assistant? Well am actually a contract staff dere and it's a pity dey already chose d pple dey wanted 2 fill dat position even b4 d tests dats y I Neva rily bothered applying. Well just take ur mind off it cos God gat beta plans 4 u but on d good syd, Nestle kips records of pple dat passed dier interviews nd if oda position bcums vacant, u wuld b d first 2 b contacted. Cheers!
Thanks for the correspondence, no, not QA analyst or assistant, I applied for those too but I didn't get invited probably because I was already on this same recruitment campaign with Nestle or maybe it was because my course of study. .....@Bolded, its just very very very sad. Why then make candidates go through all that pain? Why give them hope with success mails then go behind to execute your bolded? Its all well and good.

Thanks once more for the heads up.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by kross101(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Thanks for the correspondence, @Bolded, its just very very very sad. Why then make candidates go through all that pain? Why give them hope with success mails then go behind to execute your bolded? Its all well and good.

Thanks once more for the heads up.
Well everytyn had 2 b legit nd professional, but mayb d hr guyz were lukin 4 sumtyn else u didn't av.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
kross101:

Sorry bro, well I guess u applied 4 QA analyst or Assistant? Well am actually a contract staff dere and it's a pity dey already chose d pple(contract staffs of 3yrs plus) dey wanted 2 fill dat position even b4 d tests dats y I Neva rily bothered applying. I hope u will agree dose folks deserve it afta 3yrs workin dere on contract. Well just take ur mind off it cos God gat beta plans 4 u but on d good syd, Nestle kips records of pple dat passed dier interviews nd if oda position bcums vacant, u wuld b d first 2 b contacted. Cheers!

Something like the bolded from Nestle to those candidates who received interview success mail would have been very good instead of this silent treatment.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
kross101:

Well everytyn had 2 b legit nd professional, but mayb d hr guyz were lukin 4 sumtyn else u didn't av but as I said earlier, d guys deserved it afta givin almost 3yrs gettin peanut on contract.
Something I didn't have? Then they should have sent a regret mail after the interview. Its not Legit and/or professional to advertise an opening to the public and in the end fill that opening with people from within.
If the 3 years as contract staff meant so much Nestle could have just made them permanent staff and save us the stress of Tests, interviews and worse a success mail.

Its all good though, its an experience, one I learnt a lot from.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
they have already filled those positions even before the test

Wow!!!! my country, wow!!!!
We should grow a conscience oh!!!!
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by jamanuka: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
Why conduct Test and Interview when you have already decided who will fill the vacant position? Why give candidates hope when you have already concluded a process before it started? Cos of Audit? Is this how the firm does things globally? This is just wrong in all fronts!

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by ednut1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
welcome to Nigeria , have also been on the receiving end from nasty HR folks. forget ethics or professionalism. in law it is an offer to treat, they cannot be held liable if they decide to gv silent treatment or rejection. focus on oda tins, funny enuf u may still be called

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by naturalwaves: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
kross101:

Well everytyn had 2 b legit nd professional, but mayb d hr guyz were lukin 4 sumtyn else u didn't av but as I said earlier, d guys deserved it afta givin almost 3yrs gettin peanut on contract.
This is not an excuse at all. Why disturb applicants when the spaces were gonna be filled from within? Do you know what it means to pass Dragnet test? That's so unfair on the part of the company.

^^^ That was how I was treated in my former work place, I used to be a contract staff(bank), I resigned and when the bank wanted to recruit permanent staff later on, I applied, sat for the Dragnet test, passed, got a success mail from dragnet andd that was all I heard.It has been almost a year now and some persons have resumed for the same position few months after the test. A lady who didn't even write the test now works in my former branch...Naija I hail!

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by saintneo(m): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
pele OP - look deeper in yourself. Channel your creativity.

New topic on Dreaming Nigeria Blog, click to read - Electricity Industry in Nigeria
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by mayorkyzo: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
The truth of the matter is when employment spaces comes up in a company they already have contract staff to fill it up..but they've being mandated by the government to advertise the jobs..So they place d advert conduct tests and tell you they would get back to you..then employ d contractors as full time staff...

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Chigorkizz(m): 12:57am On Jun 13, 2015
dechidon:
which position did u apply for? and which of the Nestle factory did u apply?Nestlé Agbara,Nestlé Sagamu and Nestlé Abaji.Remember that Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer.
Liar.Nestle'is not an equal opportunity employer.

Am facing same problem.Applied for nutrition advisor(south-east),wrote their function test and did their interview,received a success mail and that was the last i heard from them.

I think they are good at back door recruitment,bias and incompetent

6 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by darmys(f): 1:06am On Jun 13, 2015
@OP sorry about that.'
God will take control
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Chigorkizz:

Am facing same problem.Applied for nutrition advisor(south-east),wrote their function test and did their interview,received a success mail and that was the last i heard from them.

So sad, I actually went through the same thing, did tests and interview, got success mail and since march I've not heard from them. Only to find out some people have resumed (contract staff)....If Nestle is so much of an equal opportunity employer, how on earth did those guys get in as contract staff in the first place if not via Favoritism.

These are the kind of things that Lalasticlala can help put on FP so people will know what graduates are going through and probably Nestle and the likes will adjust.

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Sachris4U(m): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2015
kross101:

Sorry bro, well I guess u applied 4 QA analyst or Assistant? Well am actually a contract staff dere and it's a pity dey already chose d pple(contract staffs of 3yrs plus) dey wanted 2 fill dat position even b4 d tests dats y I Neva rily bothered applying. I hope u will agree dose folks deserve it afta 3yrs workin dere on contract. Well just take ur mind off it cos God gat beta plans 4 u but on d good syd, Nestle kips records of pple dat passed dier interviews nd if oda position bcums vacant, u wuld b d first 2 b contacted. Cheers!
Bross, abeg how did u apply as contract staff? because i am also interested. Are their "contract" position always available?

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2015
Sachris4U:

Bross, abeg how did u apply as contract staff? because i am also interested. Are their "contract" position always available?

That's where the man know man comes in and someone will say 'Nestle is an equal opportunity employer'.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by tayoast(m): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

Why have I been left in the dark by Nestle?

Why no follow up email has been sent since over 5 months?

What exactly is going on?

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.

Have you contacted Nestlé's HR either via email or social media to get answers to your query?
Coming to nairaland to portray them in a bad light is ill-advised sir.
There are better ways of handling issues.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2015
tayoast:

Have you contacted Nestlé's HR either via email or social media to get answers to your query?
Coming to nairaland to portray them in a bad light is ill-advised sir.
There are better ways of handling issues.
Someone asked this earlier. Yes I have tried reaching Nestle via all available media, I got the silent treatment.

I didn't create this thread to portray Nestle in a bad light, infact I think my posts portray the company in good light but for some background discrepancies by some certain persons in the company. I only related my unfair experience with Nestle Nigeria. Its just sad that other people have experienced the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 13, 2015
jamanuka:
Why conduct Test and Interview when you have already decided who will fill the vacant position? Why give candidates hope when you have already concluded a process before it started? Cos of Audit? Is this how the firm does things globally? This is just wrong in all fronts!
Hmmmmmm,
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 13, 2015
Sachris4U:

Have you ever seen an advert online from Nestle saying they need contract staff? Its a backdoor thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2015
CHM11:

That's where the man know man comes in and someone will say 'Nestle is an equal opportunity employer'.

This country tho!!!...

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 13, 2015
darmys:
@OP sorry about that.' God will take control
Thanks, I know my onions, I will get definitely achieve my dream in life.
Its just sad that a company at that level will do something like that.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Chigorkizz:

Can you imagine!!!...I think its a regional thing and the incompetence and lack of integrity of many Nigerians is trickling into the company and affecting the 'Equal Opportunity policy'

Contract staff get employed because they have family members or relations working with Nestle.
When Openings are available, Nestle puts up advert, thousands apply and thousands write dragnet test, write Nestle function based Test, then attend Nestle interview.
Those who are successful at the interview are left in the dark. Then those contract guys just simply stroll in, do medicals and resume work!!!!..... Soooooooooooo wrong!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2015
mayorkyzo:
The truth of the matter is when employment spaces comes up in a company they already have contract staff to fill it up..but they've being mandated by the government to advertise the jobs..So they place d advert conduct tests and tell you they would get back to you..then employ d contractors as full time staff...
In the end some of these same people will kneel down and call the name of God saying they are praying, if you are in Nestle HR, search your conscience!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by mayorkyzo: 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

In the end some of these same people will kneel down and call the name of God saying they are praying, if you are in Nestle HR, search your conscience!!!!
I'm not. An HR worker...a friend of mine works in SEPLAT as a contract staff and it's what they were told...

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
What did you expect from Nestle nigeria before?
Dude start a business on your own. Stop depending on a job.

Anyway, for football picks and soccer betting tutotials visit www.virtualfootballprofits.com
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by chamboy(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Uba comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by ceejayluv(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
MANSARD insurance is yet to contact me 18 months after success sms... c'est la vie.. don't give up.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by 9jatatafo(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Don't give up but I just hope the space is still available.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Spells(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Sorry abt that, life goes on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / 2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here / 5 Signs You Are Not As Smart As You Think.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.