Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! (40797 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Apply Now For Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment – 2016 / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by blueheffner(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Just saw another post on this section about somebody getting an invite for an aptitude test for that same agbara factory. If they already have pple on ground why don't they just call them for medicals instead of conducting another fresh recruitment. Really strange sha. Bros are you sure it is not an oversight?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
blueheffner:
Just saw another post on this section about somebody getting an invite for an aptitude test for that same agbara factory. If they already have pple on ground why don't they just call them for medicals instead of conducting another fresh recruitment. Really strange sha. Bros are you sure it is not an oversight?
I saw that too, I have also been waiting on Nestle for over 4 months or so.

This test invite is probably for another opening in another business function.

You cannot take Chemists, microbiologists and biochemist and put them in Electrical Engineering function because you have people on ground.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Onyenna(m): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
naturalwaves:
Sorry about your plight OP...that's what most of these firms do particularly those with major shareholders where the slots would have been shared. Nigerian Flourmills and Nigeria Breweries are two other companies I know that do that backdoor recruitment thing even after spanking their tests. Infact, it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get a job on merit in those companies.

Nigerian Breweries!!..... After doing so well in their Test and Interview(Engineering) last year, I'm still @ home(though not idle)..... It's just so unfair.... I've contacted others(those that wrote same test with me) and the story is the same.......well, I'm glad I have something doing @ the moment...... Business.....
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2015

This can be very very annoying. It's even more annoying when I read comments like, "it happens". That it happens does not make it right. Op if by chance u loose this, I'd be very happy if u use them as a scape goat so other companies can learn. If they are exhibiting such an attitude, u prolly won't even like it there when employed‎

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
That's what they all do. Some of these companies won't even call u for an interview @ all when they scan through ur CV and sense that u are smart enough for the job.

LM ericsson is a classic example. Most of the Field Engineers there are illiterates who are relatives of one insider or the other

To get a Field job there, it's either u are know Mr "P" personally, or nothing for u. They will only invite you for an interview on either of 2 conditions:
1. Your CV reflects that they can easily rubbish you during an interview, or
2. You know Mr "P" personally

That is Naija for u!

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by AWONEYAN(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
I had a similar experience with etisalat too, after passing their online test,and alll the 3 stages of interview(role play,structured interview) for a post of retail sales advisor. They sent me a congratulatory mail to expect a call from the director of sales one mr Charles ogunwuyi. The man no call till tomorrow,I sent a mail back to their HOUR thrice, they kept saying he will call. After several months nobody reply my mail again.

The question is why are you raising people's hope when you have nothing to offer them?

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Some of these companies won't even call u for an interview @ all when they scan through ur CV and sense that u are smart enough for the job.

LM ericsson is a classic example. Most of the Field Engineers there are illiterates who are relatives of one insider or the other

To get a Field job there, it's either u are know the recruiters personally, or nothing for u. They will only invite you for an interview on either of 2 conditions:

2. You know an insider personally

That is Naija for u!

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
bjwealth:
Some of these companies won't even call u for an interview @ all when they scan through ur CV and sense that u are smart enough for the job.

To get a Field job there, it's either u are know the recruiters personally, or nothing for u. They will only invite you for an interview on either of 2 conditions:

2. You know an insider personally

That is Naija for u!

@Bolded, we are Naija!!!..Naija is not the land but her people. We can learn to expose evil when we see it.

Not just in job sector but other sectors. If you see a clear wrong, expose it and the perpetrators will be more careful next time.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
AWONEYAN:
I had a similar experience with etisalat too, after passing their online test,and alll the 3 stages of interview(role play,structured interview) for a post of retail sales advisor. They sent me a congratulatory mail to expect a call from the director of sales one mr ....................... The man no call till tomorrow,I sent a mail back to their HR thrice, they kept saying he will call. After several months nobody reply my mail again.

The question is why are you raising people's hope when you have nothing to offer them?

This is just sad. One person who wrote no test, no interview or any form of assessment will now come and resume work where you have passed all the assessments.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by phyllosilicate(m): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
It's God that would save us from these companies. I once passed the test of one coy and the panel interview but I failed the interview with the MD. My friend passed it and I was happy that at least one of us got the job.

3 months later he was invited for another interview. An interview with the chairman board of director. The Chairman only asked them 2 questions, what is your name and what university did you attend. The next thing was a regret mail. He said he contacted other applicants, they said they were asked same questions and they all got regret mails.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
phyllosilicate:
It's God that would save us from these companies. I once passed the test of one coy and the panel interview but I failed the interview with the MD. My friend passed it and I was happy that at least one of us got the job.

3 months later he was invited for another interview. An interview with the chairman board of director. The Chairman only asked them 2 questions, what is your name and what university did you attend. The next thing was a regret mail. He said he contacted other applicants, they said they were asked same questions and they all got regret mails.

Lmfao

What is the name of the company?
Like someone said on one thread, Companies now use recruitments as a form of publicity and advert.

Just put up a graduate trainee opening on your website and you will see millions of graduates trooping in to apply. Job sites will help you spread the word and bloggers will help publicize your brand FREE OF CHARGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by naturalwaves: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
Onyenna:

Nigerian Breweries!!..... After doing so well in their Test and Interview(Engineering) last year, I'm still @ home(though not idle)..... It's just so unfair.... I've contacted others(those that wrote same test with me) and the story is the same.......well, I'm glad I have something doing @ the moment...... Business.....
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by phyllosilicate(m): 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Lmfao

What is the name of the company?
Like someone said on one thread, Companies now use recruitments as a form of publicity and advert.

Just put up a graduate trainee opening on your website and you will see millions of graduates trooping in to apply. Job sites will help you spread the word and bloggers will help publicize your brand FREE OF CHARGE!!!

let me not mention their name. Things happens in this country.

During my NYSC, a manager in one of the Big 4, called a female corper, during the discussion, he told her that he just did management interview for two guys and he was told to send only one for partner's interview. He asked her to choose who she liked and she made her choice.

The guy that failed might be asking himself what did he do wrong, not knowing his fate was determined through romantic gist.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by jamanuka: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
This is just so demoralizing..seeing companies I hold in high esteem been mentioned here is killing
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by engrksa(m): 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
OP, u need to exercise some patience when it comes to recruitment with multinationals. I was in ur shoe some years back before joining nestle.
I applied as a trainee in dec 2009, I was contacted July 2010 for dragnet test. I did functional test and interviews plus medical concluded in september 2010. I was hoping to resume october 2010. Then, there was embargo on recruitment due to drop in sales volume. I was kept in d dark till nov 2011, I received a text asking if I am still interested to work with nestle. I reply the text. I was invited for another rounds of interviews and medicals. And I resumed Jan 2012.
Please be patient, u don't need all this publicity. You are only in a pool of successful candidate that can be called upon when there are openings. It is also impossible for the recruiter to tell you the state of the business in terms of turnover performance. I am very sure u r on waiting list.
Finally, learn to move on with your life. I was working with seven-up when I applied. I left flour mills to join nestle.
My strong believe is **u don't need to know any1 to get into all this multinational**** JUST BE THE BEST U CAN

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
LM Ericsson employs mainly illiterates who know one either the recruiters or Integration Manager(IM). This is how they do it:

Step 1:immediately IM's get a notification that a new project would be commencing soon, they will send for their (sometimes, ILLITERATE) RELATIVES to come over.

Step 2: The relative to Oga will be forcefully and UNOFFICIALLY attached to one of the field engineers. The latter must impart his field know to Oga's favourite for the next 3 or so months.

Step 3: Three months later, the company will solicit for applications for field services to meet up with the new project and Oga's favourite will apply as well, with HIS NEW CV

Step 4: Those of you who send in CV's with good experience will be avoided like a plague. You chances of being invites are only FAIR of your CV reflects that they can easily rubbish u during an interview, and use u to count score.

Step 4: Oga's relative is finally employed.

The worst part is that the oyinbo's who head the projects don't give a damn as long as their jobs are done!
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by pepe1: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

If nobody had resumed for this said opening, I won't have bothered.
And what's with the silent treatment? Next time they should keep their interview feedback success mails till whenever they are ready. Instead of sending success mails and going mute after that while contract staff resume.

Its hurting!!!

I'm just saying tho. Its humans like you and I that run Nestle, they should atleast behave like humans.
You still have not said the position you applied for and when. I think you are just acting up based on the info you got from someone who doesn't know how Nestle HR operates.

Why is it difficult for you to state the position you applied and when.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by aspirebig: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
Op, you don't have to be sad. In everything, give thanks to God...that is what the holy book teach us.
You may have been "kept in view " (kiv) things. Just keep praying, nothing is impossible.
But as a matter of urgency, pray against the "spirit of near success failure". Mind the people you discuss your interview process, progress and stages with. There are many unfriendly friends out there.Not everyone is happy with your success, I mean you being a graduate is a success on its own, not having a job is just a phase, it will soon pass, ok.

I think you should just be patient like someone said, I have heard of people that were called to start a job even after a year, when all hopes have been lost.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Rhea(f): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:
I am sad and unhappy about how a specific Nestle recruitment campaign was handled by Nestle Nigeria. I feel even worse because research have shown that other people have experienced the same treatment. Some have experienced even worse.

I know there are Nestle employees here on Nairaland, so it will do me great joy if someone explains this situation and why Nestle does this.

I applied for an opening late last year with Nestle, luckily for me, I got invited for a Dragnet test which I gladly attended. Fortunately for me, I passed the Dragnet Test.
About a week after receiving a Dragnet success email, I received another invite from Nestle to attend a function based test which I did. Few weeks later, I received another email that I was successful at the Function test.

About 2 weeks later, I received an interview invite mail and call, I was happy at the speed and professionalism of the entire process because I knew no one working with Nestle and I was convinced that the entire process had been outstandingly meritocratic.
I attended the Nestle interview, very few people were present for the interview. I did my very best at the interview and as God will have it, about two weeks later I received a follow up email that I was successful at the interview.
I was very happy because Nestle is a company I have utmost respect for and building my career with such a company was a dream come through.

This is June the 12th, 2015, Its been about 5 months since I received the last interview success mail. I was concerned so I networked with some Nestle staff via LinkedIn.com. To my surprise, I was told some people did medicals and resumed about 3 months ago for the same opening. I was also made to believe that 95% of these people previously worked with Nestle as contract staff, now they have been made full time staff.

I initially felt bad but I also know about other interviewed candidates who received regret mails from Nestle after the interview where I received success mail.

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

Why have I been left in the dark by Nestle?

Why no follow up email has been sent since over 5 months?

What exactly is going on?

Do I still remain positive about being contacted by Nestle?

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.
[size=14pt]
I have experienced what you are going through. The HR guys may be trying to sell your offer to the highest bidder while telling your prospective department head that "we have not found an ideal candidate". If you have an insider or anybody who works in Nestle who can make genuine enquiries for you, contact the person. Otherwise, keep sending them periodic emails to request on the status of the recruitment exercise. That way, you have some documented evidence of your unwavering interest in the process. Good luck[/size]
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
engrksa:
OP, u need to exercise some patience when it comes to recruitment with multinationals. I was in ur shoe some years back before joining nestle.
I applied as a trainee in dec 2009, I was contacted July 2010 for dragnet test. I did functional test and interviews plus medical concluded in september 2010. I was hoping to resume october 2010. Then, there was embargo on recruitment due to drop in sales volume. I was kept in d dark till nov 2011, I received a text asking if I am still interested to work with nestle. I reply the text. I was invited for another rounds of interviews and medicals. And I resumed Jan 2012.
Please be patient, u don't need all this publicity. You are only in a pool of successful candidate that can be called upon when there are openings. It is also impossible for the recruiter to tell you the state of the business in terms of turnover performance. I am very sure u r on waiting list.
Finally, learn to move on with your life. I was working with seven-up when I applied. I left flour mills to join nestle.
My strong believe is **u don't need to know any1 to get into all this multinational**** JUST BE THE BEST U CAN
Thanks for this. I really appreciate the way you explained your experience.

I've moved on already.

@those contract staff thing, they should look into it. There is no integrity, honesty or meritocracy in getting contract staff into a company via nepotism only for you to make them full time staff at the expense of others who obviously went through the right recruitment chain!!!...

NESTLE NIGERIA SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS!!!...ITS WRONG and doesn't speak well of a company at that level.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Rhea:

[size=14pt]
I have experienced what you are going through. The HR guys may be trying to sell your offer to the highest bidder while telling your prospective department head that "we have not found an ideal candidate". If you have an insider or anybody who works in Nestle who can make genuine enquiries for you, contact the person. Otherwise, keep sending them periodic emails to request on the status of the recruitment exercise. That way, you have some documented evidence of your unwavering interest in the process. Good luck[/size]

Thanks, did all these already... My finding from different source was that previous contract staff were made full time staff, did medicals and resumed for this same opening.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
aspirebig:
Op, you don't have to be sad. In everything, give thanks to God...that is what the holy book teach us.
You may have been "kept in view " (kiv) things. Just keep praying, nothing is impossible.
But as a matter of urgency, pray against the "spirit of near success failure". Mind the people you discuss your interview process, progress and stages with. There are many unfriendly friends out there.Not everyone is happy with your success, I mean you being a graduate is a success on its own, not having a job is just a phase, it will soon pass, ok.

I think you should just be patient like someone said, I have heard of people that were called to start a job even after a year, when all hopes have been lost.

All the best.
One of the best posts I've read in a while.
Thanks. I really appreciate this, God bless.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
pepe1:

You still have not said the position you applied for and when. I think you are just acting up based on the info you got from someone who doesn't know how Nestle HR operates.

Why is it difficult for you to state the position you applied and when.
How does stating the position here make any difference?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by adNEXT: 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:
I am sad and unhappy about how a specific Nestle recruitment campaign was handled by Nestle Nigeria. I feel even worse because research have shown that other people have experienced the same treatment. Some have experienced even worse.

I know there are Nestle employees here on Nairaland, so it will do me great joy if someone explains this situation and why Nestle does this.

I applied for an opening late last year with Nestle, luckily for me, I got invited for a Dragnet test which I gladly attended. Fortunately for me, I passed the Dragnet Test.
About a week after receiving a Dragnet success email, I received another invite from Nestle to attend a function based test which I did. Few weeks later, I received another email that I was successful at the Function test.

About 2 weeks later, I received an interview invite mail and call, I was happy at the speed and professionalism of the entire process because I knew no one working with Nestle and I was convinced that the entire process had been outstandingly meritocratic.
I attended the Nestle interview, very few people were present for the interview. I did my very best at the interview and as God will have it, about two weeks later I received a follow up email that I was successful at the interview.
I was very happy because Nestle is a company I have utmost respect for and building my career with such a company was a dream come through.

This is June the 12th, 2015, Its been about 5 months since I received the last interview success mail. I was concerned so I networked with some Nestle staff via LinkedIn.com. To my surprise, I was told some people did medicals and resumed about 3 months ago for the same opening. I was also made to believe that 95% of these people previously worked with Nestle as contract staff, now they have been made full time staff.

I initially felt bad but I also know about other interviewed candidates who received regret mails from Nestle after the interview where I received success mail.

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

Why have I been left in the dark by Nestle?

Why no follow up email has been sent since over 5 months?

What exactly is going on?

Do I still remain positive about being contacted by Nestle?

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.

Young man relax!! Nestle is not the end of the world... Let me draw ur attention to Nnpc recruitment that started since 2012 & it's still ongoing. And there are lots of other multinationals that I know that keeps ppl waiting endlessly (2yrs+) without any notification about their status. If u must know also, most of Mobil apprentice trainee that went thru the training process stayed back at home for almost 3 yrs before contacting them for resumption. I advice u get urself busy for d mean time and save urself d whole stress and drama. What will be, will be!

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by pepe1: 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

How does stating the position here make any difference?
Obviously, you are not telling the truth or your LinkedIn friends know nothing about Nestle HR operations.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by klevjey: 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
MacMaster01:
lol this reminds me of what General Electric did to 11 of us in January after successful interviews no word from them again.. undecided after telling us we'll be called for medicals the following week.

This is what they do: after collecting all ur documents and all, they will simply bring their own person there and d person will be claiming ur name in the company
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by pepe1: 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
CHM11:

I saw that too, I have also been waiting on Nestle for over 4 months or so.

This test invite is probably for another opening in another business function.

You cannot take Chemists, microbiologists and biochemist and put them in Electrical Engineering function because you have people on ground.
Has anyone noticed that the Op has carefully avoided telling us the position he applied for and date?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
pepe1:

Has anyone noticed that the Op has carefully avoided telling us the position he applied for and date?
You should know why I wouldn't tell you the position I applied for. That shouldn't bother you too much.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
pepe1:

Obviously, you are not telling the truth or your LinkedIn friends know nothing about Nestle HR operations.
Pls I dont intend getting in an online argument.
Every single word here is the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / 2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here / ICSL Ongoing Recruitment - Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.