Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! (40919 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Apply Now For Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment – 2016 / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
The underlisted multinational companies in Nigeria have the same issues in relation to recruitment.

- WAMCO
- Guinness
- BATN
- Nestle
- Nigeria Breweries
- Cadbury
- NBC
- Seven Up
- etc

Their systems are the same as they belong to an organisation called NECA. Recruitment is done with ethnicity, bias and cost at the expense of professionalism.

Imagine most HR Dept's have managers who have spent an average of 10years in the same organisation. At times, I prefer Asian-owned organisation for their style. They believe that the best man must get the job.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2015

Nice one OP. I think Akintola willliams deloitte is another company that should be put on blast like this. One Mr Adekola there never gets back to candidates after testing or interviewing with them. Theyy end up filling in spaces thru the back door. I think it's the big 4 firm with the worst HR, one would wonder how they became the best place to work in naija‎

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Do I still remain positive about being contacted by Nestle?
Did you acknowledge the success mail sent to you by nestle?
If not , I believe it could be a possible cause.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
Rolly83:

A beg close your yeye mouth their!! Are you now the Nestle spokes person
I understand your grievance as well but isnt this kinda rude?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by chinchum(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:
I am sad and unhappy about how a specific Nestle recruitment campaign was handled by Nestle Nigeria. I feel even worse because research have shown that other people have experienced the same treatment. Some have experienced even worse.

I know there are Nestle employees here on Nairaland, so it will do me great joy if someone explains this situation and why Nestle does this.

I applied for an opening late last year with Nestle, luckily for me, I got invited for a Dragnet test which I gladly attended. Fortunately for me, I passed the Dragnet Test.
About a week after receiving a Dragnet success email, I received another invite from Nestle to attend a function based test which I did. Few weeks later, I received another email that I was successful at the Function test.

About 2 weeks later, I received an interview invite mail and call, I was happy at the speed and professionalism of the entire process because I knew no one working with Nestle and I was convinced that the entire process had been outstandingly meritocratic.
I attended the Nestle interview, very few people were present for the interview. I did my very best at the interview and as God will have it, about two weeks later I received a follow up email that I was successful at the interview.
I was very happy because Nestle is a company I have utmost respect for and building my career with such a company was a dream come through.

This is June the 12th, 2015, Its been about 5 months since I received the last interview success mail. I was concerned so I networked with some Nestle staff via LinkedIn.com. To my surprise, I was told some people did medicals and resumed about 3 months ago for the same opening. I was also made to believe that 95% of these people previously worked with Nestle as contract staff, now they have been made full time staff.

I initially felt bad but I also know about other interviewed candidates who received regret mails from Nestle after the interview where I received success mail.

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

Why have I been left in the dark by Nestle?

Why no follow up email has been sent since over 5 months?

What exactly is going on?

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.

Eyah !, some years ago, Nestle placed me on voice mail after medicals as a trainee engineer.

I will implore you to keep searching for new jobs, my mistake then, I stopped job searching. I still have their medical invite with their letterhead sha grin grin grin grin grin. I will show my offsprings, how disapointments turn to blessings, but I must confess, as at then, it was the biggest disappointment I ever experienced. Your case might be different, but keep an open mind

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by ismart: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Thanks, I won't give up, I will be great, that's a certainty, just don't want to lose good opportunities because I sat down and didn't ask questions.
Sorry to tell you this but a friend got a fresh email from Nestle to come for a test a few days ago. You need to get on your needs and pray to whatever god you worship.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by eminemkayc: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
Its the same with NNPC.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by informato: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
estacyresource:
Dr. Peace Okonkwo: Wife of TREM founder Bishop Okonkwo, marks 63rd birthday
http://chriistianityupdate..com/2015/06/dr-peace-okonkwo-wife-of-trem-founder.html
and so what ?

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:
I am sad and unhappy about how a specific Nestle recruitment campaign was handled by Nestle Nigeria. I feel even worse because research have shown that other people have experienced the same treatment. Some have experienced even worse.

I know there are Nestle employees here on Nairaland, so it will do me great joy if someone explains this situation and why Nestle does this.

I applied for an opening late last year with Nestle, luckily for me, I got invited for a Dragnet test which I gladly attended. Fortunately for me, I passed the Dragnet Test.
About a week after receiving a Dragnet success email, I received another invite from Nestle to attend a function based test which I did. Few weeks later, I received another email that I was successful at the Function test.

About 2 weeks later, I received an interview invite mail and call, I was happy at the speed and professionalism of the entire process because I knew no one working with Nestle and I was convinced that the entire process had been outstandingly meritocratic.
I attended the Nestle interview, very few people were present for the interview. I did my very best at the interview and as God will have it, about two weeks later I received a follow up email that I was successful at the interview.
I was very happy because Nestle is a company I have utmost respect for and building my career with such a company was a dream come through.

This is June the 12th, 2015, Its been about 5 months since I received the last interview success mail. I was concerned so I networked with some Nestle staff via LinkedIn.com. To my surprise, I was told some people did medicals and resumed about 3 months ago for the same opening. I was also made to believe that 95% of these people previously worked with Nestle as contract staff, now they have been made full time staff.

I initially felt bad but I also know about other interviewed candidates who received regret mails from Nestle after the interview where I received success mail.

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.

Have you got in touch with them? I'd be surprised if you haven't. I know someone who now works with Mouka Foam (he's moved to Vitafoam sha). He was rejected after the interview. We agreed he should call them to know what he did wrong during his PowerPoint presentation. That was it. That was well appreciated by them.

So do something similar. Copy HR, GM etc. You never can tell... The ogas at the top may be unaware such a scam is going on under their watch.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by pepe1: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

In the end some of these same people will kneel down and call the name of God saying they are praying, if you are in Nestle HR, search your conscience!!!!
What position did you apply for and when?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Setaje(f): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Same thing happened to my brother for Guinness. Since October last year. They even gave them i.d card and stuffs and they did training. Since that time, my bros never here from them.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by jossy26: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
@OP, since you have their phone number, why didn't you place a call instead before coming to nairaland, some recruitment takes a whole lot of time especially these multinationals so many stake holders to consider before concluding and budget may change as the process progresses,
Don't loose hope bro, Nestlé will surely call you to resume, have you done medicals?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Neplusultra(f): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
I just rmbr having same experience in 2011, just finished NYSC, was chosen out of d 7 pple dat came for d interview in a reputable advert firm in Ikeja, went thru all d processes, d GM even had a one on one interview wit me, Salary fixed@ 60k after which he left details of oda info with his secretary and asked her to attend to me but noticed his secretary had dis attitude weneva she sees me, was told to go and expect a call as to wen to start work but never got any! Lol! I got sometin better tho wink
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Peavey: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
I feel your plight O.P. Send me your email address i might have an advice that would help.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Zhul001(m): 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

what job exactly? if it is the waterplant factory job at Abaji. am sure it is because it is still under construction maybe that is y.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
MacMaster01:
lol this reminds me of what General Electric did to 11 of us in January after successful interviews no word from them again.. undecided after telling us we'll be called for medicals the following week.
Naija corruption factor don enter every multinational company in Nigeria. One of the many reason some companies won't step foot on Nigeria. A friend at got similar treatment from Chevron, despite traveling all the way from UK for the interview.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by texazzpete(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
bodeoni:
OP, pls move on. To be candid, Nestle has done nothing wrong here.

You must be joking.

It's all about respect for people. Not sending a follow up email is just terrible behaviour.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Z8(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

You should have called them after a week or two to ask for update. When your the one searching you should be ready to go the extra mile.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by ifemi001: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lol!sorry dudu,I have a brother there that has bin under contract for so many years,the issue is when the head is sick the whole part of the body ll be sick aswell,the question is who check all this companies if really they re treating masess/labour right(2)Do the so called NLC do their job?I recall then when Comerade Oshiomole sounded warning that under no condition citizen of this country be place under contract staff,it worked then and they all adjusted,but now since everybody re selfish,they care no continuity to the law again,the companies now enjoy to make profit and employ contract staffs in place of having them as full staffs,Nestle is not excluded of all the atrosities...!banks as well name it,the future of the upcoming ones not gurantee with the peanuts....NLC/TUC re useless
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Oga OP shey ur leg dey pain you? Can't you go to Nestle and speak with the HR one-on-one? You are here seeking online suggestion.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Move on... Sh.it happens sometimes!

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
Keneking:
The underlisted multinational companies in Nigeria have the same issues in relation to recruitment.

- WAMCO
- Guinness
- BATN
- Nestle
- Nigeria Breweries
- Cadbury
- NBC
- Seven Up
- etc

Their systems are the same as they belong to an organisation called NECA. Recruitment is done with ethnicity, bias and cost at the expense of professionalism.

Imagine most HR Dept's have managers who have spent an average of 10years in the same organisation. At times, I prefer Asian-owned organisation for their style. They believe that the best man must get the job.

I'm very disappointed to hear this and somewhat confused. These are giant, multinational companies, why would they be ethnically biased in hiring?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by babeabike: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Op I feel your pain and I understand where you are coming from because I've been there but you must understand this and to all those who have similar experiences.

Success mails are not job offer letters.They are only a way of letting you know that from a whole lot of candidates,you were among the successful ones.this does not mean they have done final selection.because 45 could be successful for 30 slots.

Nestle I know is an equal opportunity employer.

I wish you all the best.when one door closes, just look around ,another door might be waiting open for u
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Pamcrest(f): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2015
Op, u need to go there and meet with their HR people.....perhaps you fell through the cracks....poo happens sometimes.!
But whatever happens. don't get discouraged. Keep striving hard, your own job will surface soonest. Good luck.
My humble two cents

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by olabode89(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dsuccess:

Nice one OP. I think Akintola willliams deloitte is another company that should be put on blast like this. One Mr Adekola there never gets back to candidates after testing or interviewing with them. Theyy end up filling in spaces thru the back door. I think it's the big 4 firm with the worst HR, one would wonder how they became the best place to work in naija‎

Hmmmm...... Akintola Williams Deloitte do not recruit through d back door. When did u apply and also when did you sit for the test. I know a lot of peeps that got in without knowing anybody in the firm.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by subtle009(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
I experienced exactly the same when I applied for IT placement @ unilever. After much stress of registering, I wrote their test, I got a success Email and that I was going to be contacted for interview. That was the end of it. I sent several Emails, which were not replied. I even went to the company to complain, all they kept telling me is u will still be contacted. After over 2years nothing from them. If I could experience this as an IT student, Take Heart!!!
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by b2212(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Hi,
I am not sure your approach is right.
Send a follow up mail to the address that notified you of success then wait to hear what they'll say. Coming to the forum to protest might not help your cause.
All the best.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Geds: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
OP, I wish you had taken an entirely different course of action than putting this on nairaland.
Most multinationals I know do this and mind you it is not restricted to Nigeria alone.

The truth is most positions in multinationals are interviewed in order to fill them the next financial year as salaries have to be included in budgets. Checking online, you will find stories across tge world related to your case and all of them would advice you to keep on with your job hunt till you get your appointment letter.

Having said that, I also had to wait for 7 months after my final interview before I got my letter at one multinational firm. I am very positive you will get your letter, but Nestle might not be pleased with the fact that you have put the company in a negative light and may withdraw their offer because of your action, multinationals as a rule detest bad publicity.

As regards the other positions being filled out by contract staff, you would most likely discover that they had their interview at a much earlier time than you had yours.

My advice is keep searching, take up other roles if they do come, but I am quite certain you will get the offer.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Mintek: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
informato:
and so what ?

Lol grin
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
jossy26:
@OP, since you have their phone number, why didn't you place a call instead before coming to nairaland, some recruitment takes a whole lot of time especially these multinationals so many stake holders to consider before concluding and budget may change as the process progresses,
Don't loose hope bro, Nestlé will surely call you to resume, have you done medicals?

I have done mails and calls, nothing positive.
The email was not replied and the call receiver said they will look into it (which I don't believe).

Interview success mail was the last I heard from them.

People have resumed for the same position(contract staff were used to fill up the openings).
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
Peavey:
I feel your plight O.P. Send me your email address i might have an advice that would help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / 2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here / 5 Signs You Are Not As Smart As You Think.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.