Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,262 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. (1822 Views)

Inibehe Effiong: Count Senator Akpabio Out Of Your Phantom Assassination Plot / Photo: Fayose Takes Full Page Advert To Slam Buhari’s 6-month Rule / The Akpabio People Have Forgotten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by notobs: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Udom kicks the Akpabios out of Power; Takes full control of House of Assembly; Produces Speaker, Deputy Speaker.

Contrary to speculations making the rounds in Akwa Ibom state that the immediate past Governor, Godswill Akpabio, has a strong grip and control of his godson and successor-in-office, Udom Emmanuel, the reverse may have been the case with particular reference to the process that produced Aniekan Uko of Ibesikpo Asutan state constituency as the Speaker, Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly on Monday, MIDWEEK RADAR can report authoritatively. This paper learnt reliably that while the erstwhile governor wanted Ime Okon of Ibiono Ibom state constituency, his wife (Unoma-Ekaette) preferred Felicia Bassey of Okobo. The battle started two weeks ago, we learnt, at the Ukana, Essien Udim’s residence of Emem Akpabio, where it was alleged commitment in form of oath was administered to about 20 of the 26 state lawmakers at the instance of the former without the knowledge of the Governor Udom. We further gathered that when the Udom got the knowledge of the clandestine meetings allegedly carried out by the Akpabios to cage him, he pretended not to be aware of it but chose to ambush the Akpabios on the Speakership position of the sixth Assembly. The power struggle was to shift to Abuja last weekend with major PDP stakeholders relocating to Abuja with view to find amicable grounds for both camps, i.e; the Akpabios and Udom, which, we learnt, yielded no result as no compromise was reached. The Akpabios, we gathered, had banked their hope on the alleged oath administered to the majority of the lawmakers while, Udom, we also gathered had reached out to the 26 lawmakers individually with better offers. Udom, this paper learnt formed contact men across the 26 state constituencies using PDP elders and leaders to further hold firm to the majority of the AKHA members on a daily basis before the Monday’s inauguration of the sixth Assembly, this out-reach paid off successful as Udom is currently controlling, at least, 18 members of the 26-member-assembly. The remaining 8, as at the press time were either loyal to Akpabio or his wife, Unoma, our assembly sources report. MIDWEEK RADAR learnt authoritatively that both the Speaker, Aniekan Uko and his Deputy, Effiong Bassey of Oron state constituency are direct products of Udom Emmanuel and they emerged from the ‘G18’ loyal to Udom’s government. A member of the AKHA who spoke to this paper on condition of anonymity assured that the remaining 8 members are making frantic efforts to return to Udom, noting that sooner than later, they will return and Udom will get at least, 24 out of the 26 members. Udom’s one week in office Some Akwa Ibom stakeholders have reasoned that with this development, Udom’s one week in office as governor has proved his critics wrong because he has thrown up lots of surprises to those who see him as a stooge of the Akpabios, saying; “his first decisive action was the demolition of a popular Filing Station along Nwaniba which was owned by the Akpabios. Second, is his ability to resist attempt by the Akpabios to impose the Speaker of the sixth Assembly. “What we now expect of Udom is for him to select on merit and constitute his cabinet members devoid of the Akpabios’ influence. When this is done, Akwa Ibom people can go to sleep that Udom is independence of the Akpabios,” they argued.

See more at: http://radarpapers.com/udom-kicks-the-akpabios-out-of-power-takes-full-control-of-house-of-assembly-produces-speaker-deputy-speaker/#sthash.JdGiK32n.dpuf
Re: Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by Lobolintin(m): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
Snoring
Re: Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Everyone is Reaping what he had done in the past. The same thing done by Akpabio to the His erst while god father and former governor.

1 Like

Re: Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
I'm sorry but isn't it the state the erstwhile first lady had commissioners kneeling down to talk to her?

Re: Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by manutdrichie(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I'm sorry but isn't it the state the erstwhile first lady had commissioners kneeling down to talk to her?

Bad belle....you this Osun babe
Re: Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
manutdrichie:

Bad belle....you this Osun babe
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I'm sorry homey but you got my state WRONG!!!
Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Re: Udom Kicks The Akpabio's Out Of Power; Takes Full Control Of House Of Assembly. by notobs: 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
AKHA FALLOUT: Akpabio threatens Udom, may support Umana

The last may not have been heard of the controversial emergence of a first time-member as Speaker of the Akwa Ibom state House of Assembly. The denial of Hon. Ime Okon the role of Speaker of the legislature by Governor Udom Emmanuel and Barr Onofiok Luke has bewildered former Governor Godswill Akpabio. The former governor, Propellerng.com gathered, has been spitting fire in Abuja.

The situation is said to be deteriorating the already cold relationship between Akpabio and Udom Emmanuel, Propellerng.com can report.

Propellerng.com gathered from multiple reliable sources in Abuja that the former governor today in a phone conversation with Udom threatened to work against the interest of the Akwa Ibom state governor at the election petition tribunal in Abuja. He vowed that because Udom has refused to grant his request to produce Ime Okon as Speaker of the state legislature, he will engineer his removal of the new governor from government house. He told Udom Emmanuel how the multiple evidence of electoral fraud in his possession will be willingly tendered to end Udom’s tenure premature. Akpabio also said he was ready to work with Umana Okon Umana of the opposition All Progressives Congress to see to it that the “stubborn and misled” Udom Emmanuel learns his lessons the hard way.

Akpabio is reliably quoted to have said to Udom: “You are not the godson you promised you were going to be; Udom you have betrayed me and my wife. Listen, don’t forget that the election (petition) tribunal is now in Abuja, and I am now in Abuja. Udom before you are misled into fighting me, don’t forget this. Don’t forget the sacrifices I made for you… Umana (Umana) is already consulting with me in Abuja and I am very open and willing to enter into that consultation since this is how you want it.” Our source said the irate former governor said Udom knows nothing about politics in Akwa Ibom state and that it was too early for a “novice bird” like him to want to “learn to fly without having been so certified by the Eagle”.
more at:http://propellerng.com/fallout-akpabio-threatens-udom-may-support-umana/

(1) (Reply)

Election Fraud Exposed As #akwaibom Trend On Twitter / Lists Of Overpriced Contracts Awarded By Fashola / PHOTOS: Smart Monkey Seen Wearing Barca Jersey In Abuja Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.