Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 (69141 Views)

How To Upgrade Innjoo ONE 3G To Lollipop 5.1 / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Valentinooo: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pls guys I need link to a stable lollipop rom for s3 basic
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
suxxman:

Should I flash the zip? Or extract and install?

Flash the zip from the link, make sure its the one with Arm64
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
melya:

Launcher not good, rooted, graphics not fine, slower charging no good wallpapers, some apps failure

I don't know which one you're using oh, but am a beta tester have used all the Roms both published and unpublished by TF , all the Roms from Beta 2 comes rooted, as for launcher who uses stick launcher anyways when they're tons of third party launcher out there(Nova is my personal best anytime) Graphics not fine? I need to understand that maybe a screen shot of your current rom will explain better, app failure - update your system via system update , wallpapers shocked come on brother just like I said earlier tons of wallpaper out there(never used stock ) , slow charging is constant with most LP Roms get a better charger
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by davit: 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Kurupt01:

I don't know which one you're using oh, but am a beta tester have used all the Roms both published and unpublished by TF , all the Roms from Beta 2 comes rooted, as for launcher who uses stick launcher anyways when they're tons of third party launcher out there(Nova is my personal best anytime) Graphics not fine? I need to understand that maybe a screen shot of your current rom will explain better, app failure - update your system via system update , wallpapers shocked come on brother just like I said earlier tons of wallpaper out there(never used stock ) , slow charging is constant with most LP Roms get a better charger

Smart wake and gesture sensor are missing.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
davit:

Smartwake is missing. Gesture sensor too not there. no gapps. I even doubt if it will b compatible with xposed. Rom not too good jare. BtW which of the roms did you install? official or beta. or both.

I installed that of Team Force (beta)

It comes with gapps and su.

Also xposed is running perfectly on it. The ROM is ok from my end. Maybe you are talking about the other ROM cos there are two there I saw and I downloaded that of Team Force.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by davit: 12:05am On Jul 12, 2015
dljbd1:

I installed that of Team Force (beta)

It comes with gapps and su.

Also xposed is running perfectly on it. The ROM is ok from my end. Maybe you are talking about the other ROM cos there are two there I saw and I downloaded that of Team Force.

Does the rom have smart wake? What about gesture sensor too? Thanks.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 12:24am On Jul 12, 2015
davit:

Does the rom have smart wake? What about gesture sensor too? Thanks.
Yeap

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
davit:

Smart wake and gesture sensor are missing.

Smart wake works bro, maybe it's the older version you flashed

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
After flashing this ROM, I always get this message, picture below,,,,, what does this means

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
melya:
After flashing this ROM, I always get this message, picture below,,,,, what does this means

Answered on Jiayu Thread
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by SaintOzone: 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kurupt01:

Answered on Jiayu Thread
Is der any way I can upgrade to lollipop without using a computer?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
SaintOzone:
Is der any way I can upgrade to lollipop without using a computer?

If you are upgrading from kitkat to lollipop...the transition has to be done with a computer.

From one lollipop to another, there may not be a need for a computer. However that depends on the flashing procedure set by the developer. It is in rare cases though.

But from kitkat to lollipop for the 1st time has to be done using a computer.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
melya:

Did you install the update after flashing?

If not then u need to as it resolves this type of issue

Settings>scroll download to software update>the click update>

That's all

However if you have installed the update, no probs still. You can just ignore this msg and go on enjoying your device. smiley
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2015
So many ROMs out there and its just getting crazier by the day.
The Maremoto 5.1 MDSTeam MoD v.1.1 was my favorite but just couldn't stand the camera and a few other things.
jiayu.es ROM (a VERY good one I must say) but it aint bug-less as I'd expected. You can't add widgets with the stock launcher etc..

And did anyone manage to get Xposed to work? Its just boot-looping like say wetin.

Now I'm thinking of taking the recently updated Tsunami v7 for a ride.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2015
FBS:
So many ROMs out there and its just getting crazier by the day.
The Maremoto 5.1 MDSTeam MoD v.1.1 was my favorite but just couldn't stand the camera and a few other things.
jiayu.es ROM (a VERY good one I must say) but it aint bug-less as I'd expected. You can't add widgets with the stock launcher etc..

And did anyone manage to get Xposed to work? Its just boot-looping like say wetin.

Now I'm thinking of taking the recently updated Tsunami v7 for a ride.

I'm using Xposed on mine which is the latest ROM on jiayu.se app from Team-force.

It's ok so far except that bluetooth headset aren't compatible. It connects ok but whn making calls the person on the other line can't hear you. So far I think that is one issue yet to be resolved on all Jiayu s3 Lollipop releases.

One thing I've noticed is xposed works on lollipops with baseband version date 23/06/2015. So if u check your about phone under settings and see baseband version dated 23/06/2015 then xposed will work for u. It's just to get the right framework to flash via recovery. The ones on xda site aren't working but the initial ones worked ok
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
dljbd1:

I'm using Xposed on mine which is the latest ROM on jiayu.se app from Team-force.

It's ok so far except that bluetooth headset aren't compatible. It connects ok but whn making calls the person on the other line can't hear you. So far I think that is one issue yet to be resolved on all Jiayu s3 Lollipop releases.

One thing I've noticed is xposed works on lollipops with baseband version date 23/06/2015. So if u check your about phone under settings and see baseband version dated 23/06/2015 then xposed will work for u. It's just to get the right framework to flash via recovery. The ones on xda site aren't working but the initial ones worked ok
Thanks man. I downloaded from jiayu.es and the baseband is 23 june but Xposed just didnt work. Boot-looped all day.
Care to share the link to the "right" framework?

PS; strangely though, the ROM is off jiayu.es?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Solution to Bluetooth (Needrom, user ice168)

1. Install Soundabout from PlayStore
2. Go to Connectable devices
3. Then to Bluetooth settings ;
4. Check (Mono) microphone override.

Please report if this works for you?

Source
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
FBS:

Thanks man. I downloaded from jiayu.es and the baseband is 23 june but Xposed just didnt work. Boot-looped all day.
Care to share the link to the "right" framework?

PS; strangely though, the ROM is off jiayu.es?
The ROM is also on needrom.

About the xposed, I have it on Dropbox already. Lemme go fetch the link.

Yeah...
Framework -https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwnkr4okl8xtohl/xposed-sdk22-arm64-20150514.zip?dl=0

Xposed apk -https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqk8s1h374pcd6k/XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk?dl=0

U may experience reboot like 3times jst leave it. If it reboots up to 5 times then something is wrong. Jst boot into recovery and factory reset (courtesy vosquare). But before u factory reset pls av a backup so u can restore it after factory resetting. Also your backup should be saved on your memory card so you don't loose it during factory reset.

After restoring backup, if u wish to still install it u can try the method vosquare used. According to him he 1st installed the apk before booting into recovery to flash the framework.

For me the 1st worked.

Note:
the 1st link is flashed via twrp recovery while the 2nd link is the apk installation which is installed normally.

Good luck and your feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
dljbd1:

The ROM is also on needrom.

About the xposed, I have it on Dropbox already. Lemme go fetch the link.

Yeah...
Framework -https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwnkr4okl8xtohl/xposed-sdk22-arm64-20150514.zip?dl=0

Xposed apk -https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqk8s1h374pcd6k/XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk?dl=0

U may experience reboot like 3times jst leave it. If it reboots up to 5 times then something is wrong. Jst boot into recovery and factory reset (courtesy vosquare). But before u factory reset pls av a backup so u can restore it after factory resetting. Also your backup should be saved on your memory card so you don't loose it during factory reset.

After restoring backup, if u wish to still install it u can try the method vosquare used. According to him he 1st installed the apk before booting into recovery to flash the framework.

For me the 1st worked.

Note:
the 1st link is flashed via twrp recovery while the 2nd link is the apk installation which is installed normally.

Good luck and your feedback is appreciated.

Just want to add the uninstaller zip, https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcoip8im9ukup9a/xposed-uninstaller-arm64.zip?dl=0

If you encounter bootloop instead of factory reset flah the uninstaller zip from the above link

Before you flash Xposed know that you have to flash the right files, first download and flash the Framework zip via custom recovery, phone may take time to boot up, next after successful booting install the Xposed apk. That's all . It is best to flash the Xposed zip on a fresh rom
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Zannx(m): 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Kurupt01:

Just want to add the uninstaller zip, https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcoip8im9ukup9a/xposed-uninstaller-arm64.zip?dl=0

If you encounter bootloop instead of factory reset flah the uninstaller zip from the above link

Before you flash Xposed know that you have to flash the right files, first download and flash the Framework zip via custom recovery, phone may take time to boot up, next after successful booting install the Xposed apk. That's all . It is best to flash the Xposed zip on a fresh rom

yo drop your whatsapp number let's talk..am facing a little prob in updating mine# i the advance
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2015
Kurupt01:

Great...thanks for the add-on cool

Anyone way enter one chance na em no read this thread wella grin
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Update!

1. So I ran the TF Rom from jiayu.es again and then browser, wireless update just kept crashing. That one na segobe be that. grin

2. Testing the Tsunami v7 Spanish ROM.
+ Camera (both rear and front) looks better to me
+ Its pretty smooth.
+ Gapps, Rooted, Dolby Atmos (crashed once after which did not bother with it)
+ Sound is good.
+ GPS was just AWESOME. Fastest I've seen so far.
+++ And Yes, Xposed worked! How?
Installed the framework zip file (thanks dljbd1) via recovery
phone rebooted about twice or so. Apps updated and booted finally.
Then installed this APK file. Everything good.
(Trying it the other way round always resulted into a boot-loop.

- brower was behaving funny especially if you try to access the browser settings
- DPI was 401. Too tiny for my liking but you can increase it with ROOT DPI changer.
- After the first 10 min, I thought the phone was heating but now its very much normal
- Wireless update option is MISSING from menu. THis is VERY STRANGE

Anyways, @Nivu the baker of the Spanish ROM is about to release v7.1 or v8 (which will be based on v6 and v7 - like best of both worlds)
In it the bluetooth will be fixed and some other stuff. I Will take it for a spin and update accordingly.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2015
FBS:
Update!

1. So I ran the TF Rom from jiayu.es again and then browser, wireless update just kept crashing. That one na segobe be that. grin

2. Testing the Tsunami v7 Spanish ROM.
+ Camera (both rear and front) looks better to me
+ Its pretty smooth.
+ Gapps, Rooted, Dolby Atmos (crashed once after which did not bother with it)
+ Sound is good.
+ GPS was just AWESOME. Fastest I've seen so far.
+++ And Yes, Xposed worked! How?
Installed the framework zip file (thanks dljbd1) via recovery
phone rebooted about twice or so. Apps updated and booted finally.
Then installed this APK file. Everything good.
(Trying it the other way round always resulted into a boot-loop.

- brower was behaving funny especially if you try to access the browser settings
- DPI was 401. Too tiny for my liking but you can increase it with ROOT DPI changer.
- After the first 10 min, I thought the phone was heating but now its very much normal
- Wireless update option is MISSING from menu. THis is VERY STRANGE

Anyways, @Nivu the baker of the Spanish ROM is about to release v7.1 or v8 (which will be based on v6 and v7 - like best of both worlds)
In it the bluetooth will be fixed and some other stuff. I Will take it for a spin and update accordingly.

Cool update cheesy

Thanks for this information.

As for me I am looking forward to any ROM that fixes this bluetooth issue.

But this v7 with the wireless update is somehow though. Drop the link please so we can explore too. I think I'll try it out just for the cameras only.

Thanks
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2015
dljbd1:

Cool update cheesy
Thanks for this information.
As for me I am looking forward to any ROM that fixes this bluetooth issue.
But this v7 with the wireless update is somehow though. Drop the link please so we can explore too. I think I'll try it out just for the cameras only.
Thanks
Was going to update yesterday but for some reason, NL no gree me post. Had to email the mods.

Yes of course, you can try and download the Tsunami v7 from here

Solution to Bluetooth (Ne.edrom, user ice168)

Got this from a Russian speaking site but I have translated it.

Can you try this and update us please.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Me like it cheesy

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
FBS:

Was going to update yesterday but for some reason, NL no gree me post. Had to email the mods.

Yes of course, you can try and download the Tsunami v7 from here

Solution to Bluetooth (Ne.edrom, user ice168)

Got this from a Russian speaking site but I have translated it.

Can you try this and update us please.

This is great!

Will it work for all lollipop release?

I will try it later.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
dljbd1:

This is great!

Will it work for all lollipop release?

I will try it later.
It should work but I never try am sha. cheesy
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
I download that v7 but couldn't be flash to my set it bounce back to recovery
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
dljbd1:

Great...thanks for the add-on cool

Anyone way enter one chance na em no read this thread wella grin

Hehehhehehe true talk bro
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Zannx:

yo drop your whatsapp number let's talk..am facing a little prob in updating mine# i the advance
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
melya:
I download that v7 but couldn't be flash to my set it bounce back to recovery
Did you perform a wipe, Format etc?
When you press reboot, was it into system or recovery?

I flashed same yesterday without issues. Try to reflash again.

BTW, v8 is out but not tested by me yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free] / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.