Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 (69169 Views)

How To Upgrade Innjoo ONE 3G To Lollipop 5.1 / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by cupidstunt0181: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
cupidstunt0181:
Here you go

[url]https://mega.nz/#!2Yl0xICD!ajHQIPefWBXTR7nSyo-7gIUWtCWpV2lHI_YLbd8KWC8/[url]

https://mega.nz/#!iQs2gDAZ!LeNQ1kUcihgNSPBYacqDi2BbRv1VTLvK74N2EtLpmhE

Links to the update files? Cool then
tromek:
I mean when you go on your phne to Settings --> Check Updates. It finds updates but i cant download them... If somebody could upload them here so i can flash it via recovery it would be good...
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Zannx(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Pls can someone give me procedures in flashing a rom and fonts
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by tromek: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
cupidstunt0181:
Here you go

[url]https://mega.nz/#!2Yl0xICD!ajHQIPefWBXTR7nSyo-7gIUWtCWpV2lHI_YLbd8KWC8/[url]

https://mega.nz/#!iQs2gDAZ!LeNQ1kUcihgNSPBYacqDi2BbRv1VTLvK74N2EtLpmhE

Thank you. Youre the man....

Is there any website where i can check any changelog or latest updates for this rom? I would like to know if theres 1.4 update on the way..
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by cupidstunt0181: 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
Just got this, but can't download anything and not sure what it means as it's poorly translated

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Zannx(m): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
Finally updated my s3 from kitkat to lollipop 5.1...#thanks to kuprupt but i noticed that it is written in chinese pls is there anyway i can change it
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 10:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
cupidstunt0181:
Just got this, but can't download anything and not sure what it means as it's poorly translated

Yeah... Got same here. I think they are yet to upload the file that's why it's showing 0mb there. Be patient. I also don't knw what it means too. I guess until we install it. grin
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
dljbd1:

Yeah... Got same here. I think they are yet to upload the file that's why it's showing 0mb there. Be patient. I also don't knw what it means too. I guess until we install it. grin

The update is to change the internal name of the ROM so that only betateaters can download the OTA's that will be rolled out next. I am currently downloading it will upload screenshots later

1 Like

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2015
Zannx:
Finally updated my s3 from kitkat to lollipop 5.1...#thanks to kurupt01 but i noticed that it is written in chinese pls is there anyway i can change it

You're welcome"name corrected" grin
Goto settings count to 8 from under, open it click on the first option, select English that's it.

Pls downlaod the 5.1 ROM and flash via TWRP recovery.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
Kurupt01:

The update is to change the internal name of the ROM so that only betateaters can download the OTA's that will be rolled out next. I am currently downloading it will upload screenshots later
Let me assume I understand you. But we can't download it here Ooo. It's still displaying 0mb here. So if u can help us get the link and paste here we'd be glad mehn
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Zannx(m): 7:10am On Jul 20, 2015
Kurupt01:

You're welcome"name corrected" grin
Goto settings count to 8 from under, open it click on the first option, select English that's it.

Pls downlaod the 5.1 ROM and flash via TWRP recovery.

i just dont know what happened but when i went to about phone it was on lollipop 5.1 and i noticed something i cant find my playstore??how do i get it
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2015
Zannx:

i just dont know what happened but when i went to about phone it was on lollipop 5.1 and i noticed something i cant find my playstore??how do i get it
Did you go through the installation procedures on 1st page? I guess u didn't else u wouldn't have missed it. Pls go through it. It's straight forward there.
Also kindly screenshot your 'about phone' and upload here so we knw what u r talking about. To screenshot u hold vol down + power key together.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 7:30am On Jul 20, 2015
dljbd1:

Let me assume I understand you. But we can't download it here Ooo. It's still displaying 0mb here. So if u can help us get the link and paste here we'd be glad mehn

Yeah you can't download it from the ROM again because it is only available to betatesters now. And sorry I can't give a link it breaches my terms of contract as a betatesters plus I downloaded it directly from Telegram ,so no link sef
But hey something good is coming soon!
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2015
Zannx:

Post a screenshot of About phone
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2015
Kurupt01:

Yeah you can't download it from the ROM again because it is only available to betatesters now. And sorry I can't give a link it breaches my terms of contract as a betatesters plus I downloaded it directly from Telegram ,so no link sef
Owk... Nw I get it. So why dm dy bother us with notification na. They shld av jst contacted u betateaters guys via mail and leave us out of it. Lolz

Abeg... Gv us a glimpse of what's coming abeg. Jst a glimpse. A glimpse shldnt breach anything na cool

I hope it's an improvement on the camera? Cos guys aren't smiling about the camera. cry

Welldone anyways... kiss
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 8:41am On Jul 20, 2015
For now I think the TF ROM is the most stable out there and with the updates rolling it, it should only get better.
Had some battery issues but looking ok for now...

the 1.4 update is I think mainly for beta testers, right?
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2015
FBS:
For now I think the TF ROM is the most stable out there and with the updates rolling it, it should only get better.

Kurupt01:

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 8:51am On Jul 20, 2015
FBS:

You're talking about the rate at which it drops whn at 20% abi? It's annoying actually. I don't allow mine to reach that before I charge it. Lowest it gets to before recharging is 40% . Evrytyn will be stable soon.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Kurupt01: 8:52am On Jul 20, 2015
SS of the ROM after update 1.4 , stock camera replaced with Google camera

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 20, 2015
tromek:
I mean when you go on your phne to Settings --> Check Updates. It finds updates but i cant download them... If somebody could upload them here so i can flash it via recovery it would be good...

I've it up to 1.4 now but its little bit big, first one is 34mb, second 70mb and could not upload it here cos of restrictions, let put it on mediafire then you can download it
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2015
Kurupt01:
SS of the ROM after update 1.4 , stock camera replaced with Google camera

So camera is better? cheesy...

Also why the buildnumber change? Wht are they trying to achieve?

Also I noticed the wireless update has disappeared

Also I see your battery is @ 17% . Seems you have a normal battery drainage rate. Or is that also corrected in the update
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2015
dljbd1:

So camera is better? cheesy...

Also why the buildnumber change? Wht are they trying to achieve?

Also I noticed the wireless update has disappeared

Recognitions
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:11am On Jul 20, 2015
melya:

Recognitions
Lolz... U didn't take everything I recognised. angry

Remaining the last point about the battery.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2015
I think they have come to final stage up the ROM, so probably it ll be link with the main ot link
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 20, 2015
Sorri sir
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 9:19am On Jul 20, 2015
Lolz... Pls let it not be final abeg. That camera needs some more work
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Zannx(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2015
here

Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by FBS: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2015
dljbd1:

You're talking about the rate at which it drops whn at 20% abi? It's annoying actually. I don't allow mine to reach that before I charge it. Lowest it gets to before recharging is 40% . Evrytyn will be stable soon.
That and also, immediately after flashing, battery was 76% so I switched it off to charge it. After like 30 mins or so, switched it back on and what do I see? 26%!!!! Never seen that before.

Now it's just the usual bug from 45% then zoooooom to 15%. cheesy The crazy thing is that even at 5% it can still go for another 10 mins or so. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 20, 2015
That camera needs some more work[/quote]

It has been changed to google camera, an improvement in that, may be the only one remains is the battery issue and I think its connected to start up cos its slow and take long to boot ,
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2015
melya:
That camera needs some more work

It has been changed to google camera, an improvement in that, may be the only one remains is the battery issue and I think its connected to start up cos its slow and take long to boot ,
Isn't that just the camera app they changed? I want to believe the problem is beyond that. Anyways... I guess we'll knw after we apply the update. cool

Yeah... The bootup time is much. I wish it cld be skipped sef.
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 20, 2015
dljbd1:

Isn't that just the camera app they changed? I want to believe the problem is beyond that. Anyways... I guess we'll knw after we apply the update. cool

Yeah... The bootup time is much. I wish it cld be skipped sef.
But I reduced mine to less than 15 seconds
Re: How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 by dljbd1(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2015
melya:

But I reduced mine to less than 15 seconds
Wtf undecided
How pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Airtel Free Call Codes [100minutes Free] / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.