Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

How To Be A Saint - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be A Saint (933 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Nigeria's First Saint Ordained By God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be A Saint by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2009
Hi,
Please i want to be a catholic saint. This is no jokes. I am damne serious.
Re: How To Be A Saint by Aleksey: 11:21am On Feb 22, 2009
Well you have to live a good life and DIE, all saints are dead Click here
Re: How To Be A Saint by manmustwac(m): 12:27am On Feb 24, 2009
bigmodo:

Hi,
Please i want to be a catholic saint. This is no jokes. I am damne serious.
You want to travel abroad, then u want to go to school, now u want to be a saint. What next??
Re: How To Be A Saint by Papa(m): 1:34am On Feb 25, 2009
A Christian is a Saint and a saint is a Christian.

So except there's a different one you're talking about. . . I noticed you said "catholic" saint. I would recommend a Jesus Saint. . . and here's the way: become a Christian (i.e. get born-again!) So, if you're a Christian, you're pretty much sorted - but read on to learn more about being a saint!

See, if catholics were referring to the same thing, then my apologies, but they've missed it, because sainthood can only begin while you're alive. If you're never a saint when you're alive, you can never be a saint when you're dead, because you do not belong to Christ (which you can only get started with while you're on earth)

Notice some facts about saints from the bible: And as you look through them ask yourself these two questions
1. Where the mentioned saints dead?
2. Where the mentioned saints perfect?

Acts 9:32
And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints [/b]which dwelt at Lydda.

Romans 15:25
But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
was he going to minister to the dead?! And why would you minister to people who are already perfect?!

Romans 15:26
For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
Saints could very well be poor! Does that make them perfect?

Romans 15:30-32 (King James Version)
30 Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye [b]strive together with me in your prayers
to God for me;
31 That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
Doesn't that suggest that some saints could be both violent and stubborn against the word of God? Just like some christians today!

Ephesians 3:8
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
. . .but he wasn't dead!!!

Ephesians 4:12
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Saints are certainly not all perfect from this verse. . . they still need some tuning

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, [b]ascended [/b]up before God out of the angel's hand.
Gee! this praying couldn't have been in heaven?! notice the prayers had to ASCEND! And It's certainly not from hell

(1) (Reply)

Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? / Why Can't Tunde Bakare Stay Away From Politics? / Messages Delivered By The Lord Jesus To Susan & Sabrina (may 26 & 27)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.