Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98484 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by gonkin(m): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
your computer has'nt been hit yet. it take only a malware and you shall become an unbeliever of your software's firewall
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by puskin: 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
MSE indeed.
Itz not even among top 10 anti-virus 2use in a system.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by aieromon(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
MSE keh.
I bet those systems have never surfed the net undecided
Pikin wey never comot him papa farm go talk sey him papa farm na the biggest!!
MSE=WinDefender=Crap tongue
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by denzel2009: 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
Microsoft that can't even prevent their softwares from piracy. Even if you have the best antivirus and you don't apply common sense, your computer would still be infected.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by brandonsmith: 11:28am On Feb 12, 2010
Hi!, I'm new here and found this site from search engine.

People call me Brandon and i come from UK.

Anyway i'm providing a service to trace any phone number or email address to instantly find out who someone really is also to find out what social networks they are on and even where they live.

For the best reverse phone lookup and reverse email lookup you can try www.backwired.com.

Trace any phone number or email address instantly - find out who they really are!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by newcreatio(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
First, Eset Nod32 stands out from the crowd, lightweight, and a real virus hitman! I discovered some are compatible with others and some are not? For instance Eset and Norton make a good team, BUT, Eset and McAfee is a bluescreen of death and u knw d rest of the story.

Interestingly, with Eset i can separate updates and manually install them on new installs without the internet.

s.w.e.e.t. shocked
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Comrade2009: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2010
Please can somebody send to me the activation key for Kaspersky 2010 antivirus. My email address is arelaplum@yahoo.com
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by dimeodun: 8:01am On Feb 15, 2010
Well if you must know, I have used them all: Kaspersky, Esset, Norton, Mcafee, etc. I have used all the major players for long periods of time and I can assure you that Microsoft Security Essentials is good.

I was using it alongside Eset while I was testing it and it detects viruses, malware and co faster than Eset. I love Eset because it's light on system resources but wait till u meet a serious virus that disables your Eset (it has happened to me before).

I am a heavy user of the internet and a very resourceful person in getting the stuff I need, so once in a while I stumble upon dangerous Viruses and Trojans so I do not take my system's protection lightly at all.

Anyways, when it's all said and done, different strokes for different folks.

Cheers
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by newcreatio(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2010
I quite agree with Dimeodun review of Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a real blast on viruses, especially combined with Eset. I have a couple of viruses that have disabled Eset before, if not for certain complexity reasons, I ould have installed Zone Alarm. It is also a very powerful and terrible antivirus, even the OS is afraid of it. grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by puskin: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
dimeodun:

Well if you must know, I have used them all: Kaspersky, Esset, Norton, Mcafee, etc. I have used all the major players for long periods of time and I can assure you that Microsoft Security Essentials is good.

I was using it alongside Eset while I was testing it and it detects viruses, malware and co faster than Eset. I love Eset because it's light on system resources but wait till u meet a serious virus that disables your Eset (it has happened to me before).

I am a heavy user of the internet and a very resourceful person in getting the stuff I need, so once in a while I stumble upon dangerous Viruses and Trojans so I do not take my system's protection lightly at all.

Anyways, when it's all said and done, different strokes for different folks.

Cheers

Is MSE a replacement for Windows defender??
Can MSE and another Anti-virus be installed on the same PC.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by dimeodun: 12:10am On Feb 16, 2010
@Pushkin, no it's not a replacement of Windows Defender. And yes it can be run side by side with another antivirus, but you will have to be careful because of compatibility issues. I recently witnessed an instance that Eset and MSE on a system were giving the system slow start up times until I had to disable the Eset from starting up with Windows. But like I mentioned earlier, I've used both Eset and MSE sid-by-side on my own systems without issues.

Cheers
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 16, 2010
i use kaspersky and allways get the latest keys upon blacklisting here: http://www.softz.ir/

life's good.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by gonkin(m): 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2010
@univera 111, u b fool if u wan do yahoo! yahoo! go mail.yahoo, u wan mak bros nairaland block this forum commt 4rm here b4 that moto gets possessed, i go infect u
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by firstSTAR(m): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
thanks for your recommendations, i appreciate it
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by charles4u1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2010
have tred e-scan
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by damilarea2(m): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ dimeodun

i want testify to your comment. MSE is really good for detecting virus. i just got to know about it recently and after scanning my system with, it discovered a worm, which AVG could not detect for over many month.
also a friend brought a flash to use on my system, after scanning it with AVG dat is even updated, it discover only 2 virus.

but see what MSE discovered   shocked
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by damilarea2(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
[img][/img] please au do i make my attachment to show. print screen is not showing what i wanted to paste.
i want to show all the new virus that MSE detected from a friend flash, which an Updated AVG could not detect.

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by mikewins(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2010
[i]There is Anti virus I can Trust other than ESET Nod 32[/i]
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2010
Norton

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by InesQor(m): 1:21am On Mar 03, 2010
smiley Nothing beats ESET Smart Security. Any day!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by InesQor(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
Yes, JUO, MSE is a strong one too.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by deji2009(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2010
zenus:

Norton

use alots of system resources
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by emoakpo(m): 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2010
Guys the BEST and RELIABLE is AVIRA ANTIVIRUS just go to www.filehippo.com and Download Free of Charge
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by InesQor(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2010
If you are very confident of your antivirus, post your email,I will send you a brand new BAD-ASZ virus, my pet! LOL. Only antiviruses with advanced heuristics (like ESET smart security and Microsoft Security Essentials) will be able to take it down. Those crappy ones like Avast, Avira, Norton (versions before 2009) etc that rely wholly on virus definitions will go up in smoke since they don't have the definitions for NEW viruses.

Anyone interested, post your email and I will send the DRAGON to you ASAP.

No long thing!  grin

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by engrhamid(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2010
InesQor:

If you are very confident of your antivirus, post your email,I will send you a brand new BAD-ASZ virus, my pet! LOL. Only antiviruses with advanced heuristics (like ESET smart security and Microsoft Security Essentials) will be able to take it down. Those crappy ones like Avast, Avira, Norton (versions before 2009) etc that rely wholly on virus definitions will go up in smoke since they don't have the definitions for NEW viruses.

Anyone interested, post your email and I will send the DRAGON to you ASAP.

No long thing!  grin
LOL
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2010
@deji, I was Eset before. After sometime it started detecting html and some usefull extension as virus.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by kenneson: 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2010
I think any Antivirus that works for any body becomes the best for that person. I have used series of Antivirus both free and licensed ones. The best i can assure u is RISING PC DOCTOR ANTIVIRUS. It is powerful. Try it kiss
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by hammythomas: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2010
According to me kaspersky is best anti virus.Kaspersky Anti-Virus does a better-than-average job of keeping your PC safe, but it lacks the robust feature set of its more-expensive sibling. Several new features have made it into this version along with expected upgrades to the anti-virus engine, but one of the best--the Safe Run program.It provides a premier protection against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, or bots.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by zenus(m): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2010
deji2009:

use alots of system resources

I was on ESET before using norton.

My Eset was detecting html or other extension as virus, they by deleting my files so i had to switch to norton

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / USA Used HP Elite Book 1040 Core I7 For Sale. / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.